• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVs make UO consensual PvP only

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean....if you like the slow steady grind of pvm without pvp.....why not just farm the poop out of ilsh spawns, scroll the things up, get your 20's? Slow, yes, but pvm'rs don't mind slow, as long as it is steady and without any risk.

I've gone to help blues at ilsh spawns before. They are always on weirdo templates that aren't really built for anything. There are tamers attacking one creature at a time and just watching their pet chomp on them individually. No one has pro. It's really just inefficient as anything I've ever seen......cept maybe the fed guvmint and state dmv's.

Soooooo, in conclusion, you have access to 100% of the game's content in trammel.....except for the 1k luck bonus in fel.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, my guild raided 7 spawns yesterday....pretty much back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

There was roughly garbage scrolls on pro from all of them. A lvl 3 bushido mastery and 120 disco and a 120 eval or something similar.

I wish 120 rassle's dropped as much as some people think.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I mean....if you like the slow steady grind of pvm without pvp.....why not just farm the poop out of ilsh spawns, scroll the things up, get your 20's? Slow, yes, but pvm'rs don't mind slow, as long as it is steady and without any risk.

I've gone to help blues at ilsh spawns before. They are always on weirdo templates that aren't really built for anything. There are tamers attacking one creature at a time and just watching their pet chomp on them individually. No one has pro. It's really just inefficient as anything I've ever seen......cept maybe the fed guvmint and state dmv's.

Soooooo, in conclusion, you have access to 100% of the game's content in trammel.....except for the 1k luck bonus in fel.
You don't get anything but pinks off the ilsh spawns... As for binding them up if you did nothing but 5's it would take 24/7 farming probably close to 5 years before you got a 20 in anything... if you are lucky to get a 5 at all... I have never gotten a 5 ps in Ilsh... ever. Never at any spawn outside Fel. I rarely even get one there.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can run around in fel and just work up the dang ol' first few levels and get 105's. People down there dump them on the ground. Get a stealther to walk around at the fel spawns.....after the champ drops, people throw their 10's on the ground.

Do you solo the spawn in ilsh? Do you have another account to pro yourself? If you are doing a spawn with a bunch of people and don't do enough damage, you won't get a scroll. I dunno what to tell you man. You have a lot of options, none of them are good enough for you.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can run around in fel and just work up the dang ol' first few levels and get 105's. People down there dump them on the ground. Get a stealther to walk around at the fel spawns.....after the champ drops, people throw their 10's on the ground.

Do you solo the spawn in ilsh? Do you have another account to pro yourself? If you are doing a spawn with a bunch of people and don't do enough damage, you won't get a scroll. I dunno what to tell you man. You have a lot of options, none of them are good enough for you.
It's Malagaste, your advice is just going to fall on deaf ears - the only thing you'll read is complaints.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I can solo every spawn in about 18-27 minutes. Not including primevil or abyssal. Your standard rikki spawn takes 18-20 mins. I can do at least 2 full spawns, start to finish, in one hour.....including the time to run my samp out, repair armor, get another barding deed, grab a couple pots, etc.....and run my pro out, kill my red for justice, deposit pinks/whites, and head back to the spawn.

Have I been raided? Hell yah. Have I rattled off 8-10 spawns without being bothered? Yes. It's risk versus reward. I might lose a spawn here or there, but I make up for that with getting 12 ps from one finished spawn.

So, is it apples and oranges? No. You want the slow, steady, tranquil, safe GAIN. I want the faster, riskier, unsafe GAIN. If you like that slow steady plodding shtuff, fine. If I like the possibility of getting rekt at a spawn, fine. You don't see me saying, make everything pvp-centric. Why are you trying to make everything in game, consensual pvp-centric?

Seriously, I've worked a damb spawn from start to the boss.....on my red 4/6 chiv character.......in way under an hour. I put together a cheap ass suit with a template that has high-ish survivability. If you want to make a red that is fun to pvp on (and can also do a spawn faster than your tamer), send me a pm. I'll give you some pointers that I learned. I don't have a lot of macros set either, cuz that's too much button-mashing.

edit: I built the template so I wouldn't have a lot of macros. I can't play a mage for ****.....way too many damb buttons.
So what is your temp with PVP stats and also Chiv and ability to do spawns?

North_LS

Journeyman
decided to stray from my usual t2a stomping grounds and do a spawn in despise the other morning. noticed after a couple candles there was another necro tamer there too with a fire beetle. he saw me and *gasp* said good morning, and we continued to advance the spawn. boss was 80% down when i realized the couple rat archers i'd been ignoring had targeted me, unfortunately didnt notice in time to save myself and ended up dead. The other tamer graciously rezzed me, and we continued on to finish the champ, going our seperate ways once it died and we got our scrolls. I pulled a 120 healing and a couple 110s.

It's really not that scary a place folks.