• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVs make UO consensual PvP only

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Really? These gems are just off the last three pages:

Prices aren't really relevant to the conversation.
We don't like to kill PvM'ers, because it's not a challenge.
We're not after the scrolls.

Every one of those statements is laughably false. You somehow assume that my experience with PvPers in Fel is less valid than how you feel they operate. You dismiss data regarding how UO economy operates as a whole. And then you try to convince me of the three points above, because, according to you, that is how you operate. At best, that is the data based on the sample of 1. At worst it's deceitful.
Lets PK/PVP/Kill this thread..The same arguments going around in circles, over and over, and "trying to take Fel Content away" BS, and that "trammies" have access to much more content BS. And that PK is not vile and not malicious, when you steal 1-2 hours of someone's time/efforts, and no its not dishonest, even though they were not willing participants, and its just a video game, and yes we are all young teenagers..
End this F***NG thread already, enough grinding. We are just grinding, and NOTHING will happen either way, regardless of what we say here. Its all wasted words and stomach lining..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) They aren't. Some prices have gone up (i.e. Wrestling and Tactics), but some are roughly the same as they were prior to the pet revamp.
That is a misrepresentation of the state of things. Prices one crafting scrolls and a few useless scrolls stayed down. Prices on a few scrolls that were popular with PvPers before the publish have seen a slight increase becasue they were already priced high. Any scroll that is useful on a pet experienced a huge price increase.
2) A few other people have said the same thing, and that we'll even help them do spawns/protect the spawn for them/kill whoever raided: Guess all of them are making it up?
An account from a few people who likely have a financial stake in the status quo is trumped by the price data which reflects the state of things as a whole.
3) Every single pvp'er has the chars we pvp with scrolled out, and don't need them unless we want to make alts (in which case, we can either buy the scrolls they need, or dip into our stockpile.)
Really? You do not need the scrolls because your character is scrolled already? Selling 120 Wrestlings for 20M has never crossed your mind?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An account from a few people who likely have a financial stake in the status quo is trumped by the price data which reflects the state of things as a whole.
A few people that also do pvm content and make a hell of a lot more gold than they do from champ spawns. Next.

Really? You do not need the scrolls because your character is scrolled already? Selling 120 Wrestlings for 20M has never crossed your mind?
If I got a 120 Wrestling now and someone wanted it, would I sell it for that price? Yes. Before the pet revamp, I'd have GIVEN them away. And probably did.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Really? These gems are just off the last three pages:

Prices aren't really relevant to the conversation.
We don't like to kill PvM'ers, because it's not a challenge.
We're not after the scrolls.

Every one of those statements is laughably false. You somehow assume that my experience with PvPers in Fel is less valid than how you feel they operate. You dismiss data regarding how UO economy operates as a whole. And then you try to convince me of the three points above, because, according to you, that is how you operate. At best, that is the data based on the sample of 1. At worst it's deceitful.
Youve actually completely ignored that we've been telling you can farm these yourself and the irrational fear you have of doing so is self induced.

It's one you've completely dodged addressing and centered it around some irrelevant price conversation.

It's not that you can't farm these, it's that you won't.

You've also failed to address that it is a pvp function, why should they change that? Because 3 or 4 scrolls are priced higher?

Nah, we have completely addressed these.

You're merely choosing not to discuss them, mainly because it squashes the whole argument.

But carry on, I can do this for however long you're up for it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lets PK/PVP/Kill this thread..The same arguments going around in circles, over and over, and "trying to take Fel Content away" BS, and that "trammies" have access to much more content BS. And that PK is not vile and not malicious, when you steal 1-2 hours of someone's time/efforts, and no its not dishonest, even though they were not willing participants, and its just a video game, and yes we are all young teenagers..
End this F***NG thread already, enough grinding. We are just grinding, and NOTHING will happen either way, regardless of what we say here. Its all wasted words and stomach lining..
Why be angry about the discussion?

Relax buddy, no ones forcing you to participate.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same arguments going around in circles, over and over, and "trying to take Fel Content away" BS, and that "trammies" have access to much more content BS.
How is the former argument BS, when that's exactly what Frodo (who made the same thread on the official forums, and was shot down by Kyronix) and railshot are arguing for? Also, how is the latter argument BS when it's plain as day with every single update that has been added over the years?

For someone like me, who would rather spend his time in UO pvp'ing, I would LOVE to see more content added to Fel. But that's not what I've been given over the years. There is NO way you can dispute how much content the Trammel ruleset has been given - outside of champ spawns (where most of the replica backpack drops suck just as much as the corpse loot), all of the desirable "endgame" items can be acquired from Trammel facets.

Yeah, the "Trammies" and pvp'ers have access to the same content...but there's one major difference: The "Trammies" don't go to Fel, but want to dictate how things should be there. The pvp'ers will do everything, although I would guess that most of us don't really like that we HAVE to pvm to get gear. Even so, we don't demand that the Tram ruleset gets changed according to our desires (other than the recent Ilshenar as a pvp facet thread...but let's face it, there's only a few reasons to go to Ilsh. All of that unused land might as well serve some sort of purpose.)

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prices one crafting scrolls and a few useless scrolls stayed down.
Where do you think crafting scrolls come from.....

So your justification is that the prices not going down is 100% Because pvpers are controlling spawns and has nothing to do with the insane demand by tamers?

So why are cameos 175-250m?

Why are slithers still 175m?

You realize it takes ~ 30 Spawns to fully 120 every pet right?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is this still ongoing?

:pint:

:bdh:
Sure discussions like these generally last a while, since everyone wants to feel they're being heard.

And since threads like these usually generate this much discussion, I would hope to see some content changes around power scrolls and PVP content.

I'm not certain what would be a good addition to PVP content, maybe some cyclical instanced encounters, along with an update to VVV.

The problem they run into is that pvp has become way more casual and has few of the diehards willing to do it for hours, so they had to make a system that catered to short pvp intervals.

Nothing really wrong with that, I don't want to spend 12 hours (or 24 hours) fielding a base amymore either. And when they did shorten that cycle everyone got burnt out on it.

It's a hard balance to find, but I look forward to it.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sure discussions like these generally last a while, since everyone wants to feel they're being heard.

And since threads like these usually generate this much discussion, I would hope to see some content changes around power scrolls and PVP content.

I'm not certain what would be a good addition to PVP content, maybe some cyclical instanced encounters, along with an update to VVV.

The problem they run into is that pvp has become way more casual and has few of the diehards willing to do it for hours, so they had to make a system that catered to short pvp intervals.

Nothing really wrong with that, I don't want to spend 12 hours (or 24 hours) fielding a base amymore either. And when they did shorten that cycle everyone got burnt out on it.

It's a hard balance to find, but I look forward to it.
1. Dungeon buffs for Red
2. Capture the flag.
3. Last man Standing.

For example

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
1. Dungeon buffs for Red
2. Capture the flag.
3. Last man Standing.

For example
Sure a lot of these ideas would probably work out well, and could probably expand on the current VVV system as last man standing scenario.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
... And that PK is not vile and not malicious, when you steal 1-2 hours of someone's time/efforts, and no its not dishonest, even though they were not willing participants, and its just a video game, and yes we are all young teenagers..
Statements like this show exactly why you shouldn't even participate in discussions like these. 1-2 hours of someone's time? Four necro weavers can knock out a rat spawn in 7 minutes, start to finish. Literally 7 minutes. A sampire doing the spawn alone shouldn't take more than 15. Now, either you love to exaggerate (suggesting this could take 1-2 hours) or you're legitimately clueless and don't spawn. This is all because you're afraid that one of your 15, 10-20 minute attempts will be caught and you won't try to defend it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny isn't how only these fel content threads have such long discussions. Yet people say felucca is dead and no one goes there, doesn't this prove that fel is totally alive and full of people. Felucca is the only breathing piece of UO lore left, every other facet is just stagnant. If they didn't add content to the stagnant side trammel based facets they would've died within a couple years. Only felucca could survive with no content since powerscrolls. Add more content to felucca and make even more alive. This is the most truthful statement every posted on here. Your welcome.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Statements like this show exactly why you shouldn't even participate in discussions like these. 1-2 hours of someone's time? Four necro weavers can knock out a rat spawn in 7 minutes, start to finish. Literally 7 minutes. A sampire doing the spawn alone shouldn't take more than 15. Now, either you love to exaggerate (suggesting this could take 1-2 hours) or you're legitimately clueless and don't spawn. This is all because you're afraid that one of your 15, 10-20 minute attempts will be caught and you won't try to defend it.
I'll take "Legitimately clueless" for $2,000, Alex. I've done 2-man Deceit (a while back) start to finish in about 27 minutes. With a group of 4, half the time, easily. Oaks is the only one that might take over 30 minutes, simply because of the terrain (side note: Fel Oaks should have the same layout as ilsh Oaks. Can't tell you how much I hate all of the hills and crap.)

North_LS

Journeyman
I'll take "Legitimately clueless" for $2,000, Alex. I've done 2-man Deceit (a while back) start to finish in about 27 minutes. With a group of 4, half the time, easily. Oaks is the only one that might take over 30 minutes, simply because of the terrain (side note: Fel Oaks should have the same layout as ilsh Oaks. Can't tell you how much I hate all of the hills and crap.)
terrain is definitely the downside of t2a spawns. ice west isnt so bad, the rest can add quite a bit of time to the spawn.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondering if there was ever a hidden character waiting there to reap your rewards after you did all the work for an hour? No? I thought so.Apples and oranges.

But the discussion in this threads shows pretty clearly that there is little point trying to explain that to some of the PvPer in here [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:rolleyes:[/bcolor] Good luck to all the brave posters trying to.

I can solo every spawn in about 18-27 minutes. Not including primevil or abyssal. Your standard rikki spawn takes 18-20 mins. I can do at least 2 full spawns, start to finish, in one hour.....including the time to run my samp out, repair armor, get another barding deed, grab a couple pots, etc.....and run my pro out, kill my red for justice, deposit pinks/whites, and head back to the spawn.

Have I been raided? Hell yah. Have I rattled off 8-10 spawns without being bothered? Yes. It's risk versus reward. I might lose a spawn here or there, but I make up for that with getting 12 ps from one finished spawn.

So, is it apples and oranges? No. You want the slow, steady, tranquil, safe GAIN. I want the faster, riskier, unsafe GAIN. If you like that slow steady plodding shtuff, fine. If I like the possibility of getting rekt at a spawn, fine. You don't see me saying, make everything pvp-centric. Why are you trying to make everything in game, consensual pvp-centric?

Seriously, I've worked a damb spawn from start to the boss.....on my red 4/6 chiv character.......in way under an hour. I put together a cheap ass suit with a template that has high-ish survivability. If you want to make a red that is fun to pvp on (and can also do a spawn faster than your tamer), send me a pm. I'll give you some pointers that I learned. I don't have a lot of macros set either, cuz that's too much button-mashing.

edit: I built the template so I wouldn't have a lot of macros. I can't play a mage for ****.....way too many damb buttons.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Four necro weavers can knock out a rat spawn in 7 minutes, start to finish. Literally 7 minutes.
Not possible anymore since they slowed down the spawn rates. U end up sitting around waiting for stuff to spawn so u can kill it.
I got your message though & agree.

I can solo every spawn in about 18-27 minutes. Not including primevil or abyssal. Your standard rikki spawn takes 18-20 mins.
Same here boss. No work last Wednesday & I did 12 solo spawns in a row ON ATLANTIC - didn't see a single person.

If you like that slow steady plodding shtuff, fine. If I like the possibility of getting rekt at a spawn, fine. You don't see me saying, make everything pvp-centric. Why are you trying to make everything in game, consensual pvp-centric?
So true.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can solo every spawn in about 18-27 minutes. Not including primevil or abyssal. Your standard rikki spawn takes 18-20 mins. I can do at least 2 full spawns, start to finish, in one hour.....including the time to run my samp out, repair armor, get another barding deed, grab a couple pots, etc.....and run my pro out, kill my red for justice, deposit pinks/whites, and head back to the spawn.

Have I been raided? Hell yah. Have I rattled off 8-10 spawns without being bothered? Yes. It's risk versus reward. I might lose a spawn here or there, but I make up for that with getting 12 ps from one finished spawn.

So, is it apples and oranges? No. You want the slow, steady, tranquil, safe GAIN. I want the faster, riskier, unsafe GAIN. If you like that slow steady plodding shtuff, fine. If I like the possibility of getting rekt at a spawn, fine. You don't see me saying, make everything pvp-centric. Why are you trying to make everything in game, consensual pvp-centric?

Seriously, I've worked a damb spawn from start to the boss.....on my red 4/6 chiv character.......in way under an hour. I put together a cheap ass suit with a template that has high-ish survivability. If you want to make a red that is fun to pvp on (and can also do a spawn faster than your tamer), send me a pm. I'll give you some pointers that I learned. I don't have a lot of macros set either, cuz that's too much button-mashing.

edit: I built the template so I wouldn't have a lot of macros. I can't play a mage for ****.....way too many damb buttons.
I don't think you understood my posts at all. Basically you say "git gud" here once again, yet fail to see that many of us have just no interest in getting good at UO PvP. It's about having access to all game content without being forced into PvP. Yadi yada... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have nothing new to add. Glad you can solo a spawn in about 18-27 minutes. Keep it up. :thumbup1: Just not quite the point here.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think you understood my posts at all. Basically you say "git gud" here once again, yet fail to see that many of us have just no interest in getting good at UO PvP. It's about having access to all game content without being forced into PvP. Yadi yada... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have nothing new to add. Glad you can solo a spawn in about 18-27 minutes. Keep it up. :thumbup1: Just not quite the point here.

It's more about "git gud" at pvm. I'm decent at pvm spawns on my stupid red character....

UO evolves....that means, players need to evolve with it. You can't run a template that worked in 2008 and expect it to keep up with templates from 2018. I'm not trying to tell you how to play your game, but maybe try stepping outside the comfort zone.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting hearing all these people chime in about completing so many spawns in a row, over and over again. So, what exactly is the problem here? Are we really complaining that you guys get killed SOMETIMES in fel, or have none of you actually tried? This entire thing sounds like a very balanced experience to me. Or is it that you think you should win at everything 100% of the time? Would you rather the devs just give out powerscrolls every morning as allowance and so we don't even have to bother playing?

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting hearing all these people chime in about completing so many spawns in a row, over and over again. So, what exactly is the problem here? Are we really complaining that you guys get killed SOMETIMES in fel, or have none of you actually tried? This entire thing sounds like a very balanced experience to me. Or is it that you think you should win at everything 100% of the time? Would you rather the devs just give out powerscrolls every morning as allowance and so we don't even have to bother playing?
I'd like scrolls to drop in my pack each time I kill a person in fel :p

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you rather the devs just give out powerscrolls every morning as allowance and so we don't even have to bother playing?
Now that you brought it up, yes. I would. But only if we get to pick the scrolls we get from it. I need A LOT of dexer-related 120's and they don't grow on trees :grin:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's more about "git gud" at pvm. I'm decent at pvm spawns on my stupid red character....

UO evolves....that means, players need to evolve with it. You can't run a template that worked in 2008 and expect it to keep up with templates from 2018. I'm not trying to tell you how to play your game, but maybe try stepping outside the comfort zone.
I personally even do that, as I said earlier. I can also deal with how it is ever since. Just trying to get across my standpoint.

It's also true what you say, just from another standpoint. The thing is, my goal is not to compete with the top guys here. If there was a peaceful way to aquire scrolls, it wouldn't matter much if I was good or not, because time was less of interest.

I like to come up with some Navrey analogy quite often: It's a classic easy PvM boss encounter with a tangle as a decent reward as well. You don't have to be good there and it's not even remotely any competitive. Still people enjoy the relaxed gameplay. I / We / They enjoy getting the damn tangle themself, instead of just buying it. We do Ilsh champ spawns sometimes, only because it's fun to us.

For you that might sound boring as hell compared to some good skilled PvP. But to others it's not. That's all I'm arguing about.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your "argument" falls flat on its face when you take the following into consideration:

1) Some pvp'ers will help you do spawns (including Protection to get 12 instead of 6), leave you alone if they know you're doing it, or not raid at all.
2) some pvp'ers do all of the content in the game, but don't complain about being forced to pvm. The ones that don't want to pvm don't.
3) People can do several spawns back to back without getting raided.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your "argument" falls flat on its face when you take the following into consideration:

1) Some pvp'ers will help you do spawns (including Protection to get 12 instead of 6), leave you alone if they know you're doing it, or not raid at all.
2) some pvp'ers do all of the content in the game, but don't complain about being forced to pvm. The ones that don't want to pvm don't.
1) NEVER seen that happen... not once. Least not on my home shard... saw it happen 1 time on some other shard.
2) Good for them?
3) Maybe but that's not my experience... maybe it's all in who you know and how much you pay them to ignore you... but that's not my thing.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) NEVER seen that happen... not once. Least not on my home shard... saw it happen 1 time on some other shard.
2) Good for them?
3) Maybe but that's not my experience... maybe it's all in who you know and how much you pay them to ignore you... but that's not my thing.
1) @OREOGL plays GL, just as you do. Does the name Odessey ring a bell?
2) The point, that you clearly missed: the pvp'ers don't complain about having to pvm. There are a few people that complain about having to do spawns (that they probably don't do at all) because of the CHANCE that they get raided.
3) When was the last time you even did a champ spawn? I'll quote the real estate mantra here: Location, location, location. Also, what template are you using? Maybe you get raided because you take forever, due to your refusal to use a template that's effective at killing a large # of mobs (Tamer is just bad all around, and an Archer is better for some of the bosses.) Perhaps you should try something like a necro/spellweaving mage or a sampire. And do spawns in t2a instead of dungeons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2) Good for them?

I keep telling you to come to LS. Cossack plays there also.

North_LS

Journeyman
I keep telling you to come to LS. Cossack plays there also.
second this. we have a good taming community. if you play later in the evenings, i could use a partner for roof / doom / etc. It's hard to pry the usual crew away from Navrey long enough to do anything else :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
second this. we have a good taming community. if you play later in the evenings, i could use a partner for roof / doom / etc. It's hard to pry the usual crew away from Navrey long enough to do anything else :p
We love chicks with lotsa Leg!!!

Add more content to Felluca, its been a long time coming. If you don't want to take the risk, you don't deserve the goodies that come with it. Tram should not have all the end game content handed to the people who want it 'Smooth and steady'. You don't like pking, yet its always been an integral part of the game. UO crime has been seriously nerfed, and no its not a good thing. We have one segment of the players who have been trained learned helplessness because they stay in a fairy tale happy land, and the other side is more survival of the fittest which is how UO was originally designed. You take away the Crime, the game becomes broken.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
2) Good for them?
I actually just helped A sampire the other day do a rikki.

She didn't really need the help, but I hung around to see if anyone raided.

Tossed her some heals and headed on my way after she finished it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Oh yea, my "argument". I was talking about my playstyle, but I realized by now the concept of different playstyles must sound super alien to you.

Again: If I had a place to peacefully get the game content I want, I wouldn't need help from some random PvP'er. I wouldn't need help. I wouldn't need protection. I wouldn't need to be at the mercy of some random guy.

This discussion especially with you @drcossack is seriously one of the most fruitless I had in a while. You straight deny any point that's not reflecting your standpoint. Pretty pointless to go on with that. If you try to understand the different playstyles involved, it's all up in the older posts.

And then the old saying of PvPers are forced into PvM :rolleyes: I think I rather bail out here. It's not getting any better. Have a good stubborn day my friend.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm just going to continue to :rolleyes: at you all and just drop it as it's obvious that this is going nowhere fast and then just :facepalm:.

Fel does not need any more carrots. It could do with some

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again: If I had a place to peacefully get the game content I want, I wouldn't need help from some random PvP'er. I wouldn't need help. I wouldn't need protection. I wouldn't need to be at the mercy of some random guy.

This discussion especially with you @drcossack is seriously one of the most fruitless I had in a while. You straight deny any point that's not reflecting your standpoint. Pretty pointless to go on with that. If you try to understand the different playstyles involved, it's all up in the older posts.
No, I'm denying "points" that are complete nonsense because they do not reflect the reality of where I play: I play in Fel, just as I did a decade ago...btw, your "points" are talking about Fel as it was a decade ago. I also play in the Trammel ruleset, because that's what the game has catered to over the years. That you can't deny that point speaks volumes.

You say you want a place to peacefully get the game content you want...but you already have access to that, do you not? You say it's because you want scrolls, but that's not the reason: It's because you want "non-consensual" pvp removed from the game (when, in reality, you consent to the risk of pvp every time you go to Fel.) You can very easily avoid Fel altogether to get the scrolls you want. They are hard to come by, as a few people have said before: you get 12 scrolls per spawn, out of approximately a possible 96 (roughly 32 in 110's, 115's, and 120's.) Furthermore, the reason the price of scrolls has gone up is BECAUSE OF TAMERS. There are only a few they need, but they insist on adding every single 120 to their pets, despite it only giving a very small (almost negligible) bonus in the pet's damage: 120 wrestling, 120 resist for a pvp pet, and 120 spellweaving if you choose to put that on a pet (because the focus's strength is skill-based, with every 20 points in the pet's skill of it giving them +1 on the focus.) When the tamers realize this and stop feeding unnecessary scrolls to their pets, the price will go down due to the massively decreased demand.

Also, I have told you over and over that there are places where it's far easier to make gold, and both of them are in the Trammel ruleset: Shadowguard and EM Events. With the right group composition, you can do an entire run of Shadowguard (from the bar to the roof) in about an hour. Almost all EM events run for roughly an hour, and you're usually guaranteed AT LEAST 100m for a drop if you get one - there have been some drops that I've sold for 200m and 300m. If you'd like me to send you the template I use for EM Events (which you can adjust based on the scrolls you've eaten - the only one you absolutely want is a 120 throwing, and those don't even go for 500k), I'll be more than happy to do so. Given that information, if you really wanted scrolls for your characters, you can just buy them.

Further, your entire "Argument" falls flat on its face with the imbalance of content Trammel has been given compared to Felucca. to be honest, I'm kinda tired of re-posting this:

1) Powerscrolls. That was added with what, Publish 16? We're coming up on Publish 100.
2) Abyssal Infernal and Primeval Lich.
3) VVV.

What exclusive content has Trammel been given? Off the top of my head, excluding all of the land masses:

1) Exodus
2) Shadowguard
3) Tram Despise
4) Underwater boss
5) Doom
6) The ENTIRE Stygian Abyss dungeon - Medusa, Slasher, Stygian Dragon.
7) The Titan town invasions from a couple months ago.
8) EM Events. You'll occasionally get an event in Fel, but they are very few and far between.
9) Some Tram-ruleset exclusive Champ Spawns and Peerless: Twisted Weald, Bedlam, Interred Grizzle, Labyrinth, Tokuno champ
I play in Fel, as do a few others in this very thread, even if they don't necessarily pvp. After 16 years (Publish 16 was released in 2002), we deserve something new in Fel, even if it doesn't necessarily involve pvp (but there should, of course, be something new in Fel that involves pvp.) Double resources and 1k luck (I wear a 2360 luck suit pre-statue bonus and I don't see much of an increase in loot quality with that suit) don't qualify as enticements.

Lastly, I'll take this quote from Kyronix himself, which was in the UO forums version of this thread:

Just so I'm understanding correctly - your suggestion is to remove Felucca as a rulset from all shards (except Siege & Mugen). Everyone is then presented with an opt-in for open PvP across all facets?

This is basically how VvV works, We were apprehensive about allowing VvV in Trammel-rulsesets and ultimately decided against it after weighing the pros and cons. Your suggestion presents a similar, if not more expansive, list of concerns that make this type of change very unlikely. I do however appreciate your contribution and furthering of the discussion! That's what forums are for!
In short, consensual pvp in Fel isn't going to happen. I can't help but notice that the thread over there (which was also started by Frodo) has been quiet for the past 2 weeks. I wonder why.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You say you want a place to peacefully get the game content you want...but you already have access to that, do you not? You say it's because you want scrolls, but that's not the reason: It's because you want "non-consensual" pvp removed from the game
Sorry, that's paranoid non-sense from you. I have no interest in removing PvP anywhere. You guys can roll on like you have ever done in Fel.

Little point going on with your post when you start off like that. Have a nice day :tinhat:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel is empty, they should add carrots just as they should add them to Malas, T2A(not just the champs and on both sides) Abyss and what ever the Samurai lands are called.

Loot revamp anyone?
Yes, but making Fel more attractive and giving peaceful access to PS are two different topics. They are not even contradicting and could both be solved for the better of the game.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes, but making Fel more attractive and giving peaceful access to PS are two different topics. They are not even contradicting and could both be solved for the better of the game.
It would be nice but I don't see either happening.

There really hasn't been much update to fel.

Pvp balancing which would normally be considered routine maintenance and VVV, which was supposed to be a replacement for factions because they broke it pretty horribly.

They could revamp Khaldun and add a new champ in with a different relic. Doesn't solve the power scroll issue though.

They had previously mentioned updating VVV but appears that got pushed to the back burner.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have access to getting PS in a peaceful way, it's called vendor search.

Why is it that both you and I have played this game for over a decade but the game has to change to suit your style in a beneficial way and must change to dis-enhance my style?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have access to getting PS in a peaceful way, it's called vendor search.

Why is it that both you and I have played this game for over a decade but the game has to change to suit your style in a beneficial way and must change to dis-enhance my style?
I explained in earlier posts that buying stuff is not the same as playing the game. Like I said to cossack: This is not a "you vs. me" or "me vs PvP", but keep trying to make it like that.

You know what people like me say when you try to force me into PvP? "Meh. There's other games to spend my money on". From your personal standpoint you probably wouldn't mind at all. But ask yourself: Is it in the interest of the game to alienate as many players as possible?

Both sides could be pleased by placing more Trammel content in Fel and vice versa. I have no sound explanation why new content is not added to Fel, like they did once with Blackthorns. And I can see that PvPers are not happy with it. But that's two different topics. If the goal is to make it a pain for a lot of people, we are on a good way.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I explained in earlier posts that buying stuff is not the same as playing the game. Like I said to cossack: This is not a "you vs. me" or "me vs PvP", but keep trying to make it like that.

You know what people like me say when you try to force me into PvP? "Meh. There's other games to spend my money on". From your personal standpoint you probably wouldn't mind at all. But ask yourself: Is it in the interest of the game to alienate as many players as possible?

Both sides could be pleased by placing more Trammel content in Fel and vice versa. I have no sound explanation why new content is not added to Fel, like they did once with Blackthorns. And I can see that PvPers are not happy with it. But that's two different topics. If the goal is to make it a pain for a lot of people, we are on a good way.
Well one of the main points of the thread is that no one is forced to PVP nor does entering fel immediately entail combating other players, as demonstrated in the prior screenshot.

Aside from the content, adding content from other facets is pretty much no sum overall.

However to develop a sustainable pvp system that offers rewards is probably too late in the game, given the size of the staff, realistically.

VvV offered some nice functions that we were looking for, such as flagging when attacking those in the system or healing others in it which pretty much eliminated that sort of griefing. But the system itself is kind of a flop. It very briefly invoked pvp.

Maybe some additional features to it would help, but to be fair to the developers no one has all the answers.

To add blackthorns was a reciprocated function, not really a pvp one.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I rest my case. I could try to answer again, but with "no one is forced to PVP nor does entering fel immediately entail combating other players" I feel we are straight back to square one and the discussion didn't move at all :rolleyes: