• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet Drachenfels - August 14, 2017

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet Drachenfels - August 14, 2017

[Mesanna]: shall we begin

[EM Lyraa]: ready

[Mesanna]: greetings Kimba

[Kimba Deschain]: Good evening Ladies and Gents

[Kimba Deschain]: And thank you for visiting our lovely shard

[Mesanna]: our pleasure

[Kimba Deschain]: I have a little bug report and a few suggestions

[Kimba Deschain]: first: the parry mastery doesn't seem to work properly on pets

[Kimba Deschain]: The Bodyguard ability is not working reliably when you set the pet to guard

[Mesanna]: Need more information on these for us to try to reproduce the issue

[Kimba Deschain]: I ruled everything out (mana, space between the pet and me) etc....
Read more about this article here...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nobody saw this yet???

[Coco Zamis]: Which new veteran rewards will await us?

[Mesanna]: A rideable dragon

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that was announced awhile ago now, the ridable dragon thingy......kinda not getting my hopes up because...someone....Bleak? Kyronix?? Once said that it's hard to put a character on a dragon..cus of the way they sit?? And the tarantula mount is kinda...:/ LOVE the way it looks without anyone riding it though lol. artist did a great job.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also @Mesanna is saying they will have their own forums in a month. I seem to remember her saying something about having a new account mngment site a long time ago and ive never seen that happen.

"soon" lol.

mesanna stratics forums.PNG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder who this questioner is? :devil:

[Maximus Minimus]: are you aware of 4 cheats that come from auto pet log out/stable?

[Mesanna]: the auto pet rescues?

[Maximus Minimus]: yes when you log out, your pet is auto stabled

[Maximus Minimus]: instantly

[Mesanna]: right

[Maximus Minimus]: are you aware there are 4 cheats that abuse this?

[Mesanna]: thats not really a cheat

Maybe we can finally drop this non cheat issue.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that was announced awhile ago now, the ridable dragon thingy......kinda not getting my hopes up because...someone....Bleak? Kyronix?? Once said that it's hard to put a character on a dragon..cus of the way they sit?? And the tarantula mount is kinda...:/ LOVE the way it looks without anyone riding it though lol. artist did a great job.
How names like this will we see.

Daenerys Targaryen

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After reading that... I can say two things..

1 - Ridable Dragons - YAYYYY

and

2 - there are some utterly rude ass people playing UO... :next:
Ya I have to admit I feel for this team they have been working very hard for years

I just wish they would allow the players to have some input on things they are going change that no one has asked for...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wish they would allow the players to have some input on things they are going change that no one has asked for...
They do. They have a focus group echo chamber they haven't added anyone to since before ToL.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After reading that... I can say two things..

1 - Ridable Dragons - YAYYYY

and

2 - there are some utterly rude ass people playing UO... :next:
Maybe those people are just sick and tired of getting the run around or having their issues placed on the proverbial Back Burner.

I mean we have been harping about the problems looting and with those supernova and the fireballs use at EM Events ever since the update of the UI for the EC... and yet they haven't fixed it...

Seriously IMO it's something that is GAME BREAKING.... when 1/2 the people (if you go by what Mesanna has said about the use of the EC)... Can't even Freaking LOOT... that's a MAJOR aspect of the Game... so 1/2 the people can't loot at EM Events which are becoming the "only" thing going on in-game most the time... yet nothing is done.

I tried working with @Kyronix and @Bleak with the situation and suggested as the person did that they merely go to a ($&()&$()&)(& EM Event and try to open the (#$*&*$ CORPSE. How hard is that?!?! Seriously... it makes you feel like they honestly don't want to even TRY to fix it.

That's how I feel anymore... they don't want to try to fix things... it's too hard, takes too much time, isn't important enough... well how important is it when your player base is reaching the limit of tolerance and MANY of them are seeking out other games to occupy their time searching to replace UO... Enough of us find that golden game somewhere else and the DEVs won't have to worry about fixing any of the issues anymore they will be out of a job...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually the EM gave that info to Chesapeake forums before he left. So put out that flame you got going for your Mesanna witchhunt.
Thats only half the problem, but ty for the info.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I feel like the game is hinging on one or two totally demoralized coders.

Unrelated but i dont recall people pushing for an official forum, but a new accnt mgmt system has been requested by many for years. Doesnt look good when the producer apparently isnt taking this seriously, if at a minimum being transparent.

Those responses though.... kind of a joke.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I feel like even though some players were not really polite the same ist true for Mesanna. Most glaring example: Player Nandus has been promised a custom title by our EM for participating in a long running series of EM events on DF. Mesanna's answer is basically: "Not gonna happen, nice try." Srsly? Even if the EM promised more than he should have, she could at least tried to make it up to that player in some other form.
BTW I was not given a reward for winning an EM event too once. Won the player race on europa, was promised a statue in castle blackthorn. Never got it. Really reduced my motivation to show up for EM events. I wouldn't be surprised if Nandus won't give a crap about the EM event series anymore.

Oh, and for the memory bug issue - I have that too sometimes, but starting client.exe instead of UOAutoPatch.exe solves that for me.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well I was there and yes some people were rude, but I got the feeling that they were very angry at asking about issues that had been asked about before and they still act like they never heard of them! Making jokes about issues that people feel strongly about or in the case of the account management pages, permanently delayed things that were promised, yet apparently they have time to make their own forum, which few people have asked for!
Also I found the comments about the EM that was ill to be insensitive at best and unprofessional at worst. After the meeting there was a person standing on the bridge shouting abuse about Messana & cheaters, while I agree that this is not the best way to get your feelings across, I do also feel their frustration at the responses we got. :(

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I feel like even though some players were not really polite the same ist true for Mesanna. Most glaring example: Player Nandus has been promised a custom title by our EM for participating in a long running series of EM events on DF. Mesanna's answer is basically: "Not gonna happen, nice try." Srsly? Even if the EM promised more than he should have, she could at least tried to make it up to that player in some other form.
BTW I was not given a reward for winning an EM event too once. Won the player race on europa, was promised a statue in castle blackthorn. Never got it. Really reduced my motivation to show up for EM events. I wouldn't be surprised if Nandus won't give a crap about the EM event series anymore.

Oh, and for the memory bug issue - I have that too sometimes, but starting client.exe instead of UOAutoPatch.exe solves that for me.
Nandus left for late night dinner. After returning, he was engraved.
Yes, the answer p******* him off. Maybe it was a special kind of humor. And there were others also waiting for engraved.
So at least success.

About the memory. I still see no pattern. Sometimes waiting after Windows Login helps, sometimes not. Same with reboot.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also @Mesanna is saying they will have their own forums in a month. I seem to remember her saying something about having a new account mngment site a long time ago and ive never seen that happen.

"soon" lol.

View attachment 70653
I also totally miss the question to this answer. Someone reports a bug and is trying to support his case by saying there is other on Stratics reporting it too, and first thing she answers is about how they get their own forums shortly? :rolleyes: That looks 10 outta 10 triggered :D

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also totally miss the question to this answer. Someone reports a bug and is trying to support his case by saying there is other on Stratics reporting it too, and first thing she answers is about how they get their own forums shortly? :rolleyes: That looks 10 outta 10 triggered :D
I think what she was meaning there was, they will soon have their own forums where they will decide what is and isn't posted...so this bug will be one of many that "no longer exists". ;)

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
ive seen rideable drakes on the shards that shant be named.....they actually look really nice, they dont ride funny

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Poody for bringing up our EM event issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why does Finley refer to her as Boss, and does he often ask for personal things from her ?
well because as lead producer you ARE the boss, and i ask at least ask 357 times per day for personal things. or more... depends on the day. for the most crazy things i ask on friday... you know a little "extra" for the weekends...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well because as lead producer you ARE the boss, and i ask at least ask 357 times per day for personal things. or more... depends on the day. for the most crazy things i ask on friday... you know a little "extra" for the weekends...

People are jealous of you. hehe

I worked in a Hospital for years. The patients who complained the most got the best care. The squeeky wheel gets greased.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
She will help when she can. Finley obviously had proof that the house was in fact his, I know of several occasions she has gone above and beyond to help players with issues like this....or even something simple like an EM Event item that was not locked down or secured but could not be moved from a house...Mesanna came in game and un-stuck it...all you gotta do is ask, within reason, of course and if she's able to help, she will.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are jealous of you. hehe

I worked in a Hospital for years. The patients who complained the most got the best care. The squeeky wheel gets greased.
Guess following that logic we should have complained non stop about how bad pub 97 was and then they would not have *Fixed* it .

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She will help when she can. Finley obviously had proof that the house was in fact his, I know of several occasions she has gone above and beyond to help players with issues like this....or even something simple like an EM Event item that was not locked down or secured but could not be moved from a house...Mesanna came in game and un-stuck it...all you gotta do is ask, within reason, of course and if she's able to help, she will.
Just going to call straight up BS on this. She will ALWAYS help some people, Occasionally help others, and for whatever reason completely ignores others.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She is in game now on alt
She said the other clops houses will be going up for auction after she cleans them out
She was on PAC earlier helping to replace a pet

She seems to be very busy today helping people on different shards

I did ask her to dye some mask and she said "NO I'm Busy" lol

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She is in game now on alt
She said the other clops houses will be going up for auction after she cleans them out
She was on PAC earlier helping to replace a pet

She seems to be very busy today helping people on different shards

I did ask her to dye some mask and she said "NO I'm Busy" lol
Why the producer of the game is doing these minuscule tasks is beyond me... #badmanagement skills

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read three bigger issues with the game in that transcript, and all three were met with bs replies. The despise issue with lag and casting fields in EC, the mutlibox issue, and the EM event issue. But if someone asks about deco items or something stupid they get nice replies. I think the devs are all trammies in both loving to deco and not being well versed in game mechanics. Why does it always seem that the more intelligent players can find these problems but the dev team cant reproduce them. I can reproduce the despise lag everytime I login and go down there.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also hope the ridable dragon is a swampy!. Just to anger the rest of uo to join the fight against the devs. HAHAHAHA

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also hope the ridable dragon is a swampy!. Just to anger the rest of uo to join the fight against the devs. HAHAHAHA
lol, probably the only thing they can kind of get the graphic right for... have you seen anyone ride a spider? they re used the player riding a horse graphic so the rhythm is all sorts of off...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol, probably the only thing they can kind of get the graphic right for... have you seen anyone ride a spider? they re used the player riding a horse graphic so the rhythm is all sorts of off...
Every mount they made in the past three years has been horrific.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every mount they made in the past three years has been horrific.
I dont mind the mounts themselves, but riding them... lol you look a city boy trying to ride a horse for the first time.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres one painfully obvious theme in these meet and greets... there are still sooooo many sheep in this game... following around these clueless shepherds. I don't know why people bother to attend these pointless functions. They aren't revealing anything their newsletters don't already tell us and they always have the same generic answer to all the REAL issues.