• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Destard Dungeon is LIVE - Post your findings here!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like the dungeon has started on Origin today so other shards will likely be closely behind. Feel free to share pics and info here (@Larisa has already posted pics). Event ends July 4th (little over 2 months).

Serpent Skin Quiver:

1650897309271.png

Fey Tali

1650897406108.png

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1650898746406.png

The paragon version of this? PAINFUL! Very pretty though ;)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like they made it a nice balance of high fire resist for Reptile spawn and high cold resist for the fey.

@Larisa - How has the poison resist looked on the fey mobs? Perhaps a good kill everything weapon would be 100% poison?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are there dragons greater dragons and ancients?

What's on the second and third floors?

Include the abilities screen when you post lore pics please. On things not dragon.

Thanks

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The problem with that is, people are idiots. The entrance has like 156345836158364 things RIGHT in the doorway...people keep running away from paras and out the door...

20 ppl just standing outside....

I wish this event was in fel....

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are there dragons greater dragons and ancients?

What's on the second and third floors?
Second and third floors all have the same spawn as everywhere else. Honestly so far I've seen more Fey spawn than reptile. I'm thinking the reptile spawn is purely passive (ie whatever normally spawns will still spawn) whereas the fey stuff is more active spawn.

**Edit** I do notice there are shadow wyrms on level 1 so possibly there are some reptiles spawning actively too (more than what normally does)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem with that is, people are idiots. The entrance has like 156345836158364 things RIGHT in the doorway...people keep running away from paras and out the door...

You didn't mark runes?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Second and third floors all have the same spawn as everywhere else. Honestly so far I've seen more Fey spawn than reptile. I'm thinking the reptile spawn is purely passive (ie whatever normally spawns will still spawn) whereas the fey stuff is more active spawn.
Can you make thread to critique the items that have stats.

Not on official forums. Here.

Don't want something nerfed because Mervin thinks it's to powerful

Thanks.
Cah probably has pics.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Always had stealth on my characters. Gets you to go places not many people go to.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The problem with this dungeon is that it's already small.

The back area around the Ankh is practically devoid of any spawn. The Water Elemental area is about the same as it usually is.

The Fey Spawn seems to be concentrated at the entrance...which is odd. Very few fey creatures in the middle.

2nd and 3rd lvl are very crowded but no fey so far.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Says the person who asked for all the people standing outside to move so she could recall in, because even though she plays the shard as her home shard she was too lazy to go to a corrupted crystal portal ?

I wish the event were in fel too ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Says the person who asked for all the people standing outside to move so she could recall in, because even though she plays the shard as her home shard she was too lazy to go to a corrupted crystal portal ?

I wish the event were in fel too ;)
Because all the people standing outside were not doing anything! Run in, lure spawn, run out...stand there.....really?

Thankfully both of those houses are there :) Friend and guildie.....least I dont gotta deal with offsharders being stupid lol :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can you make thread to critique the items that have stats.
I'll leave the full description of all items to the folks at Cah since they are way better at it than me. I will however highlight some of the new items that were in the newsletter. and some cliff notes for those that can't get into the game yet.

• The plinth / pile of mud are likely 100% decoration with just a price of 10 or 15 drops.
  • There is the Ankh of Devotion for 50 drops but doesn't have much description so not sure if it's decoration only
  • 3 reward titles Collector of Curiosities (20drops) / Blight of the Fey (30) / Portent of the Equinox (50)
  • Certificate of Valor (this WAS Ribbon of Valor). Double click to record your name (40 drops). Not sure what this does but hoping that it's more than just decoration
  • Silverbranch weapons (ranged): Brittle / Life Leech 40% / Mana Leech 40% / Lightning 35% / Bane / HCI 10 / DMI 25 / 100% Fire (75 drops)
    • Good attempt by the Devs. Personally I'm not thrilled with the overall stats. I'm fairly confident that 95% of people don't need HCI on their weapons anymore so that's a wasted property and the 25 DI for me isn't useful. So that leaves a yumi bow with 40 ML / 40 LL / 35 lightning which you can craft better. The Bane property saves this weapon from being junk and at 75 drops the price isn't bad.
  • Serpent Skin Quiver: +5 anatomy / 10% damage modifier / 125 luck / 5 SSI / 10 DMI / 30% lower ammo (wings same minus modifier/ammo) 80 drops.
    • Yes please!!! This is the item everyone will get. It's a mix of SSI/DMI for those that were going between the rangers cloak and jumus AND it's a back slot with luck so everyone with a luck suit will want it. Only thing missing from this is 5 SDI but I'm not complaining.
  • Mushroom Cultivators Apron: Alchemy Bonus +10 / HP Increase 5 / HP Regen 2 / Enhance Pots 15% (100 drops)
    • This one is a bit of a head scratcher for me as I'm not sure what the +10 alchemy bonus is for but the 15% EP will allow some people with 35 EP on a jewel to free up a jewelry piece from EP (while still at max 50% EP) without sacrificing all your belt HP. It's a little confusing for me because some of the belts we've had recently (ie the demon belt ) have 10 HP or you can use a cinture or obi for extra stats (sacrifice 15% EP) so it's not something I think is a game changer (unless Alchemy Bonus +10 does something else I dont know about) and at 100 drops it's not cheap.
  • Whips (all 3 weapon classes have a different name one): Brittle / 35 harm / 30 HLD / 50 fire area / SL 40 / LL 100 / ML 81 / DMI 25 (100 drops)
    • This is what I feared... total miss for me. We are starting with a borderline non-usable weapon and essentially just gave it 2 additional properties over an imbued whip so there is no enticement to try to use this item...especially at 100 drops. With no non-crafter mods on it like splinter/bane/searing/etc everything on this item could be added to any whip (and we could pick a damage type other than physical) so I'd have hoped they would overcap at least 1 or 2 things. Not only did they not do that; the whip has 35 harm (waste or a mod IMO) and 30 HLD (people can use mace and shields for this) and 25 DMI (again my DMI comes from my suit which is easier for melee so this is a waste imo). So what we are left with from a max property perspective is 3 leeches and a fire area mod (again this could have been the thing that was overcapped to like 75%). Steep price for something that honestly can be imbued with little sacrifice to properties.
  • In Corp Mani Xen: Fey slayer / Str 1 / HP Regen 2 / HCI 10 / DMI 20 (100 drops)
    • This is what we figured it would be and I think it's worth the price to finally have a Fey slayer. Certainly something to get for any warrior/archer/thrower you have.
  • Weald Codex / Grimoire of Nature (250 drops)
    • Same slayer spellbooks we've seen in the past. Colors look cool but the price tag is too much. These should be like 150-200 max.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And I wasn't speaking to you Khaelor, I know why you're there and it's very appreciated!

Is it active on the other shards yet?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah uo-cah is amazing! Saves me a ton of work lol, now I can take my time to post for Stratics later and spend more time killing! lol

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks was a good critique. I assume alchemy add to the strength of potions?

That apron may change pvp suits.
Yes, it does. Cap of 50% from items, the Alchemy skill enhances it further (similarly to the Inscription bonus for casting)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No fey there on Baja yet, BUT the reptile spawn looks about doubled

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, it does. Cap of 50% from items, the Alchemy skill enhances it further (similarly to the Inscription bonus for casting)
I'm not 100% sure, as I have been able to get the apron yet to wear it, but I don't know if this is a +10 Alchemy skill item but more like that cooking bonus apron (doesn't increase skill just the success rate of making food?). Unless it's like a hidden skill bonus which is possible.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So while human get useful Yumi, Gary's will suffer with useless cyclone ?

Whips cannot be used by mystic . What other template will use em ?
Talisman is good but too overpowered. Fey slayer acts like lesser slayer. This is item I want you have and will have several. Pity it is limited time event

Wings and quiver are nice. Quiver is surely better.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Talisman is good but too overpowered. Fey slayer acts like lesser slayer. This is item I want you have and will have several. Pity it is limited time event

Yup. I'm not entirely sold on the Wings, but having a luck piece for the cloak slot will be nice. I'll be picking up two of those, more than likely (one for LS, the other for Atl.) Fey Slayer Talisman...it's nice, but I already have Fey Slayer weapons & won't need it for that. However, it is a Conjurer's Trinket, and the HCI is always useful.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yup. I'm not entirely sold on the Wings, but having a luck piece for the cloak slot will be nice. I'll be picking up two of those, more than likely (one for LS, the other for Atl.) Fey Slayer Talisman...it's nice, but I already have Fey Slayer weapons & won't need it for that. However, it is a Conjurer's Trinket, and the HCI is always useful.
I'm probably opposite of ya on the Tali... I'll grab one of those and use that as my tali and a dragon slayer (lesser slayer = 200% damage) weapon for effective "kill everything" play since the 5 SSI from the cameo (on my sampire) isn't make or break with my build.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The whips are nice, but feel a bit expensive at 100 points. I would think these should be 50 points... 75 at most.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The whips are nice, but feel a bit expensive at 100 points. I would think these should be 50 points... 75 at most.
I agree they are expensive for what they are. For 100 points I'd want overcapped mods or some type of mods you can't imbue. This is one of the reasons I wish they would put some stuff on TC1 for feedback because I do not think many people would consider the whips a "good buy" the way they are right now.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They over price alot of things when it comes out. Remember the hythloth chest was 300 until people reasoned with kyronix to lower it to 200 ?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They over price alot of things when it comes out. Remember the hythloth chest was 300 until people reasoned with kyronix to lower it to 200 ?
I don't remember the chest price going down. The ostard did for Wildfire.

One thing that is a little bit of a head scratcher is the 50 SDI spellbook. Last event it was 200 turn-ins.... not sure why it's 250 this time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What do you mean mystic can't use a whip? Gargs can use them for WW. A lot of players use the different whips for WW. If you cant get 230 stamina and high SS then they are great for macers. Compared to the War Hammer.

I have fey weapons so I doubt I'll use the Tali since it is like a trinket and not a cameo.

Wing is not going to make me change the ones I use.

Quiver, Ill have to decide if it has an advantage over despicable. I'd have to change my Archer skill and lower anatomy the same so irrelevant. And if you are human and do not have Anatomy you are at 20, this takes you to 5.
I would lose 5 dex and 5 HCI so a lot of remaking the suit for 125 luck.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree they are expensive for what they are. For 100 points I'd want overcapped mods or some type of mods you can't imbue. This is one of the reasons I wish they would put some stuff on TC1 for feedback because I do not think many people would consider the whips a "good buy" the way they are right now.
100%. They're definitely interesting, but the current price is way out of whack. They're already difficult to craft, which is why alot of people don't use them. Why not cut is a break and lower the price to give people who haven't used them yet an opportunity to try them out without needing that old expensive recipe? I'm surprised this is more than some of the new armor/clothing slot items, doesn't feel equitable.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards

One thing that is a little bit of a head scratcher is the 50 SDI spellbook. Last event it was 200 turn-ins.... not sure why it's 250 this time.
I must have them mixed up :eek:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
anyone else notice the quiver is blessed but the garg wings are not?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
What do you mean mystic can't use a whip? Gargs can use them for WW. .

I have fey weapons so I doubt I'll use the Tali since it is like a trinket and not a cameo.
If weapon already have hit harm or hit lightning (even if it is 10% )you cannot use Enchant spell.

Fey weapons we all had. Now we can have 2 lesser slayer on one toon . Like Dragon on weapon and Fey on tali

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If weapon already have hit harm or hit lightning (even if it is 10% )you cannot use Enchant spell.

Fey weapons we all had. Now we can have 2 lesser slayer on one toon . Like Dragon on weapon and Fey on tali
I don't use enchant regularly so I am used to weapons popping out of my hand. Last weapon macro.

I think you would be unpopular if you asked the hit spell to be removed tho.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Are you sure it was 200? I believe it was only 100, I helped my wife get her book after she help me get the Ostard

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I was trying to lure stuff off the entrance when I ran in. Made sure to hide when they were chasing me and Not lead it back to the front door

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, i see the new event has Dryad creatures called "Warden of the Fey". For ****'s sake, please tell me those damn things don't have the annoying ass Discordance or Area Peace/Strip abilities of actual Dryads...