• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Derragatory Comments

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so there is plenty of talk about how to bring back old players or bring in new players. In my opinion, with all the bickering and flaming going on about the game and about the devs; if I was a new or returning player and were to read all of this, I would be very hesitant to come play. With these thoughts, it would seem that the players themselves, at least some of those posting here, would be the ones keeping anyone from playing this game that are either new or returning.
I have one suggestion: Let's stop trying to make UO sound so negative. While there are some issues currently (like no game has issues), they are not issues that will stop me from playing and certainly not things I will so vehemently bash the Devs about.
If anyone does not like this game that much, please just stop paying and leave. You are not contributing to anything and while we do pay to play, no one owes us and we own no one anything. If you are unhappy, make your stance by leaving and not paying.
I am happy with this game, while I do miss some of the things from the past. Eodon is not one of my favorite expansions at all but I will not be disrespectful to anyone over this like I see people on here being disrespectful.

In the end, if we all could be a little more respectful, it would be a much better experience.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so there is plenty of talk about how to bring back old players or bring in new players. In my opinion, with all the bickering and flaming going on about the game and about the devs; if I was a new or returning player and were to read all of this, I would be very hesitant to come play. With these thoughts, it would seem that the players themselves, at least some of those posting here, would be the ones keeping anyone from playing this game that are either new or returning.
I have one suggestion: Let's stop trying to make UO sound so negative. While there are some issues currently (like no game has issues), they are not issues that will stop me from playing and certainly not things I will so vehemently bash the Devs about.
If anyone does not like this game that much, please just stop paying and leave. You are not contributing to anything and while we do pay to play, no one owes us and we own no one anything. If you are unhappy, make your stance by leaving and not paying.
I am happy with this game, while I do miss some of the things from the past. Eodon is not one of my favorite expansions at all but I will not be disrespectful to anyone over this like I see people on here being disrespectful.

In the end, if we all could be a little more respectful, it would be a much better experience.
Here, here! I agree wholeheartedly! However pancakes, moanin, and bashin' have been raised to an art form around here. I doubt you can get them to quit cold turkey. I'd love to see us work together as a community and look after each other. That will never happen as long as there are those players that are predatory and see everyone as prey.

It is a good thought.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Devils advocate here, but players who come on these boards and complain about substandard work, at least in my opinion, are exactly what we need more of.

Players who do so are often times very dedicated players, something that speaks to all the good UO has going for it. Players who really don't give a crap about UO and are likely to just move on aren't the ones trying to improve the quality of the game. We deserve every new addition to UO to be professionally done, not halfassed then rushed to publish. TOL had a lot of good in it, don't get me wrong, but there were also some glaring issues. It is my opinion that they just ran out of time to finish review/testing, and hit the publish button early. THAT is not professional, and in most professions would not be tolerated. It is rather clear to me that if we (the players) will not hold our service provider accountable, no one will.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree, these boards are read by the devs. Since there is no official UO forum, I think this is about as good a place as any for the community to voice concerns.

Yes, posts should be respectful, but that doesn't mean they can't be critical... There is a big difference in a critical post and an out and out flame.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I disagree, these boards are read by the devs. Since there is no official UO forum, I think this is about as good a place as any for the community to voice concerns.

Yes, posts should be respectful, but that doesn't mean they can't be critical... There is a big difference in a critical post and an out and out flame.
I agree in this.

The rule "show respect all the time" is what matter.

We can disagree about playstyles, about the game it self and the choices our Devs make, that's ok as long we show respect. I know we sometimes can be very frustrated and forget to show respect and sometimes the mods or a fellow poster will have to remind us. In that case, be a man and correct your mistake, tell you are sorry if you did hurt someone and fix your post.

With that said, I had seen worse in the past, several new PvP threads here prove, that we try as I saw a lot of respect in them.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

It's not our way....

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the game is so bad that the majority of players are pancakes endlessly, why would you want the pancakes to stop to lure players in unfairly?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO people would be less inclined to get rude and upset and complain if there was some sort of indication that their "issues" were being heard and resolved or at least given an explanation of why something is the way it is. But we all know the track record with EA/DEVs and it's not a good one.

Communication of some sort from the team would not only make the community feel that their problem is being heard... but that something is going on.

Most of the issues of late are with EA.... and the account Mismanagement system as well as the Origin Store. But nothing ever get said or done about it so folk get frustrated.

Some of the issues are with other players... which honestly is on US.

But then some is on some pretty serious bugs... as well as issues people have with gameplay... which if folk were given some sort of.... "we are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it." would go a LONG way. Just saying it's a two way street.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
unication of some sort from the team would not only make the community feel that their problem is being heard... but that something is going on.
We only have 5 Devs, they do not have the time to hang out a lot on this forum, it would be a ful time job for at least one of them and we would have one less to work on the game.

I believe they do read a lot posts but try not to post as they will get a lot reply, they have to ansvar too. They had seen this thread too :p

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are one of the worst offenders "around here" . Every other week its a new thread with you complaining about how someone did something to you in game and about how you are going to quit, yet again.
When has there been that long a gap?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We only have 5 Devs, they do not have the time to hang out a lot on this forum, it would be a ful time job for at least one of them and we would have one less to work on the game.

I believe they do read a lot posts but try not to post as they will get a lot reply, they have to ansvar too. They had seen this thread too :p
Takes 5 seconds. Honestly... Stop making excuses for them. Kyronix while he does try I think is the only one who really understands.

They NEED a PR person. How about this..... You go to see your doctor he probably has 2000 patients or more... he has time to send you a note saying he got your xrays and everything was fine. You go to your service company to have your car fixed they take the time to call you and tell you what is wrong..... they work on how many cars?

I'm not talking about writing a freaking thesis on it. I'm talking about a simple acknowledgement. One 2 second line, even if it's a cut and paste... Don't make excuses for poor customer service. It's bad enough we don't even have a GM cue anymore to tell you every once in awhile that they got your message... now you send a PM for a GM and you get NOTHING... for days, weeks months... finally by the time you've forgotten you even paged a GM you might get a response. God forbid you might need actual timely assistance.

I'm tired of all the excuses. I am aware of the size of the team... But I'm saying that it's a two way street. They want me to be nice and treat them with respect and everything then by gods they best do the same. Because I will treat them in kind... ignoring a problem does NOT make it go away. Pretending it doesn't exist will NOT solve it... and telling me to ignore it won't make it go away. It will only serve to tick me off and make me frustrated.... and the silence won't help that either. Want to be treated with respect then you treat others with respect... but when you don't.... then you get Karma.

I'm still waiting on a fix for looting at EM events. I still can't open a public boss corpse without crashing the client.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
LOL SMH!
It's all about respect. If people are unable to be respectful then nothing else can be said. I will remain respectful even if there are things I wish and feel could bne changed or fixed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Takes 5 seconds. Honestly... Stop making excuses for them. Kyronix while he does try I think is the only one who really understands.
How much time do you use on this forum? I know I do use alot.
I'm not talking about writing a freaking thesis on it. I'm talking about a simple acknowledgement. One 2 second line, even if it's a cut and paste... Don't make excuses for poor customer service
It do not take you long time to check if they have read the thread. They have to focus on the changes they are making right now and wrote stuff they see here to a maybe to do list, then they need time to sort what is important.
Try to show our Devs some respect, they really do their best with the members and time they have.
I'm tired of all the excuses. I am aware of the size of the team... But I'm saying that it's a two way street. They want me to be nice and treat them with respect and everything then by gods they best do the same. Because I will treat them in kind... ignoring a problem does NOT make it go away. Pretending it doesn't exist will NOT solve it... and telling me to ignore it won't make it go away. It will only serve to tick me off and make me frustrated.... and the silence won't help that either. Want to be treated with respect then you treat others with respect... but when you don't.... then you get Karma.

I'm still waiting on a fix for looting at EM events. I still can't open a public boss corpse without crashing the client.
Ok you know about showing respect, you just don't believe it count for you. I'm tired of Gimie gimie gimie players, who do not understand, their problems may bot be the most important and game stopping.

Sorry but sometimes you annoy the hell out of me with your attitude.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is this the only game forum you have visited? Honest question. :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much time do you use on this forum? I know I do use alot.
They don't need to use the forums they could give us feedback in different ways. What ever happened to the newsletter? Am I just not getting it or did they just do it once and then give up?

One good example was the chivalry change. People were really annoyed about it, a dev member came in and said "This will be explained soon" then the "explanation" (found in a patch note) was "Chivalry casting has been changed." Stuff like that really makes people mad. I mean... just saying nothing would have been better.

Anyway I think time would be better spent posting here than doing those idiotic "Townhall meetings" on the different shards that seem to boil down to:

"Playerx: All kill
Playerx: All kill
Playerx: When can we have colored underwear?
Playerx: All kill
Devx: We will look into that..."

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do agree, some feedback like the Newsletters would be nice and maybe something like 5 questions of the week, answered on uo.com. This questions could be collected from here, the bug page, in game or somewhere else.
I also remember the old IRC chats, they remind about the Townhall meetings. Maybe they need a in game meeting chat tools, there a player can put their question in a queue and they can choose what to answer in game. Maybe teleport the player to the Townhall, if/when his question is choosen. They would still have the list of questions, they did not answer. Let the questions answered go global, like when Mesanna speak to the shard, believe she use a different color than gen chat.
I don't know how it works at the Townhall meetings but last one was sure not worth their time, maybe there was to few players on.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do agree, some feedback like the Newsletters would be nice and maybe something like 5 questions of the week, answered on uo.com. This questions could be collected from here, the bug page, in game or somewhere else.
I also remember the old IRC chats, they remind about the Townhall meetings. Maybe they need a in game meeting chat tools, there a player can put their question in a queue and they can choose what to answer in game. Maybe teleport the player to the Townhall, if/when his question is choosen. They would still have the list of questions, they did not answer. Let the questions answered go global, like when Mesanna speak to the shard, believe she use a different color than gen chat.
I don't know how it works at the Townhall meetings but last one was sure not worth their time, maybe there was to few players on.
Again, why do they say they are going to start doing something, then only do it like one time. I just don't get it. If you don't have the manpower don't make promises, if you can't keep promises, then tell us why.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best way to get people playing UO would be to shut down the pancake forums. It gets really old to the point people really don't play much anymore.

147,918,417 Proven, Known, BUGS the devs won't fix, most of which are imaginary, the bulk of the bugs are in the EC which should have died the same way the Third dawn client did. Ask people to post about bugs, you'll get most ashat EC problems.

As far as replies to pancake posts, if you were a Dev, would you put up with the crap you throw their way very long? Likely not.

The only way I'm going to enjoy playing UO more is to stay the bleep out of these forums until the next expansion comes along. What an f***ing impression these forums must give potential new players.

In the words of Dennis Miller, "I am outta here!"

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The best way to get people playing UO would be to shut down the pancake forums. It gets really old to the point people really don't play much anymore.

147,918,417 Proven, Known, BUGS the devs won't fix, most of which are imaginary, the bulk of the bugs are in the EC which should have died the same way the Third dawn client did. Ask people to post about bugs, you'll get most ashat EC problems.

As far as replies to pancake posts, if you were a Dev, would you put up with the crap you throw their way very long? Likely not.

The only way I'm going to enjoy playing UO more is to stay the bleep out of these forums until the next expansion comes along. What an f***ing impression these forums must give potential new players.

In the words of Dennis Miller, "I am outta here!"
my point exactly! Why would a new or returning player want to play after reading some of the stuff players post here, whether valid or not.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I try to remember that UHall and UO are two different places. In my experience, UHall is an angst-filled sinkhole compared to the day to day experiences I have logging in and playing the game (which are typically interesting and enjoyable). Several top posters here have admitted they don't play the game much if at all anymore. Many posters do play the game, but only post when they have a complaint, never letting the devs know what they've done right because they think that's "ass-kissing". That's a huge mistake if you want more attention from any MMO studio.

Never forget you're dealing with ordinary people with feelings. It might be a service-based industry, but these aren't table waiters. Sorry @MalagAste, I often see your side, but they don't owe us any direct interaction, unless that's in their contract. And if there's no budget for CR, there's no budget for CR. Their publisher might be EA, but EA has made sure Broadsword walks, talks, and quacks like a small indie studio.

And I don't want to single anyone out, but many of you DO NOT simply post productive criticisms or suggestions. You vent your feelings with huge walls of text. Then, instead of saying your piece and letting it stand, you come back into the same thread and do it all over again, multiple times. If your complaints or suggestions are reasonable, they shouldn't need any defense beyond clarifications. Other posters will always disagree with you, but if they're not devs, who cares? Say your piece and move on. Once a thread turns into back-and-forth, you're throwing your pearls before forum posters. Five devs don't have time to dig for treasure.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes because I am not going to waste my time anywhere else as to me, this is the quasi-official forums.
I mean for ANY game, not just UO. Heck any forum... for anything. The internet is a toxic place. To be quite honest of the forums I have visited this place is quite easily one of the most civil.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I mean for ANY game, not just UO. Heck any forum... for anything. The internet is a toxic place. To be quite honest of the forums I have visited this place is quite easily one of the most civil.
Of course I've been to other forums and even owned a large one. I'm not saying this forum is the only place with disrespectful posters, but I am very grateful for having UO in my life all these years. If it wasn't for UO and my guild, I would probably not be around as it literally saved my life. Maybe one day I will share the article I wrote about this exact subject.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no idea what word I wanted there hours later, but I know you can blame my phone for that.
i believe it was stratics that changed your word for you. the word you wanted was pancakes i believe.

*edit* yep it was that word, which is the common term for a female dog with ing on the end. i really do not like that instead of just "******"'ing out the swear words they completely change it to another word. :yell:

Last edited:

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too was disappointed when I first posted a few times here. Many people were either condescending, or just trying to be mean. I remarked about it several times in response. Really just wish the threads were moderated and comments that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread and are just trying to be spiteful or get a rise out of someone were deleted.

One problem is that sometimes those types of comments are made by moderators.

It is what it is however. Do not think it affects people not coming back very much. Think most people are used to it seems to be in all public internet forums these days.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i believe it was stratics that changed your word for you. the word you wanted was pancakes i believe.

*edit* yep it was that word, which is the common term for a female dog with ing on the end. i really do not like that instead of just "******"'ing out the swear words they completely change it to another word. :yell:
Weird, that's new.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Weird, that's new.
It's been like that about a month or so. There were a few people who no matter how many times they were asked, refused to stop evading the profanity filter to write that word (and a couple others), so now it just turns the word and it's variations into pancakes. There might be one or two other words that automatically change into different food items as well. I'm not the one who did it, just saying you guys aren't going crazy lol.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I think Stratics needs to brandish the Ban stick more, there is a certain group that basically can do WHATEVER they want, say WHATEVER they want and pretty much act with impunity around here. I have been keeping a list of trolls that need to go since I started posting here in 2004. My first post on Stratics I was flamed. When I smarted off back. I got a warning from a mod. I believe these long term trolls to be moderator pets. There is one on here that has been banned from multiple forums all over the internet.
You want us to be a better community you need to start with banning the trolls. Then ban people that sit up and criticize UO and in the same breath brag how they quit UO in 1998 and would NEVER pay to play UO again. Basically Stratics is overdue for an enema! The only way we are going to build up the community is to clean out the crap.

If my first post came off badly I apologize. I truly agree with the OP, but its never gonna happen if the staff doesn't grow a collective set and ban the long term trolls!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Okay I think Stratics needs to brandish the Ban stick more, there is a certain group that basically can do WHATEVER they want, say WHATEVER they want and pretty much act with impunity around here. I have been keeping a list of trolls that need to go since I started posting here in 2004. My first post on Stratics I was flamed. When I smarted off back. I got a warning from a mod. I believe these long term trolls to be moderator pets. There is one on here that has been banned from multiple forums all over the internet.
You want us to be a better community you need to start with banning the trolls. Then ban people that sit up and criticize UO and in the same breath brag how they quit UO in 1998 and would NEVER pay to play UO again. Basically Stratics is overdue for an enema! The only way we are going to build up the community is to clean out the crap.

If my first post came off badly I apologize. I truly agree with the OP, but its never gonna happen if the staff doesn't grow a collective set and ban the long term trolls!
It's impossible for a certain group to be protected by the staff like you say. The reason is on the entire staff we only have three active people who were around this time last year (I am one, that was my 2nd month, and one isn't a moderator).

You joined in 2004. There have been literally over 100 different mods who came and left between when you joined and now. Simply isn't possible for the staff to be protecting certain people when it's an entirely new staff.

It's not like the old mods who quit left us notes saying "don't ban these people please" lol.

You don't see who we do or don't send warnings to, and it is incredibly annoying when people make posts like yours claiming the mods are so unfair to them. You have no idea how many times we have deleted posts attacking or insulting you before you even saw them. You also have no idea how many times you have been reported and we chose not to send you a warning. I personally handle probably an average of 25 reports per week total and it has nothing to do with who someone is that decides whether I send a warning or not. To be perfectly honest I find it insulting for you to just assume some people are immune to punishment just because some things don't go your way.

I mean this as nicely as possible, but if we banned everyone you consider a troll there would probably be no one left on the forum.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Seems to me this generation of students in college who are easily offended and require safe zones will never have the psychological fortitude to enjoy a game that can't protect their overly sensitive nature. Although I personally appreciate having civil conversations with players who will honestly express their opinion without ulterior motives for self gain and gratification, I realize this something that can't be avoided. There will always be trolls. Our politically correct society is an obstacle for engaging in productive and informative intercourse. Not sure there is anything we can do here or in game to resolve this. However I admire those here who would rage at the dying of a light. The age of innocence is over.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too would like to see more of a positive attitude on the boards about the game.
UO is in need of help of its people in the act of kindness. If you see a new player, don't just toss a suit or supplies at them... offer to give some time. If your guild is an active one ...invite to meet and the guild can offer a learning session to this new person.
Even if you cant offer much the time you give to assist in learning the game and giving them a good experience is the main good point.
I was in eye shot of Mesanna telling players that she gets somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 to 4 thousand e mails a day, and she has more then one e mail....
I don't know about you... but that's a hell of a lot of e mails to sift through.
I do hope you put your reason in the subject line so it don't get shuffled under the mass.
The dev do care what goes on in the game. This pays their salary, but there is only 5 of them total.
Imagine their day.
Drive in to work is the same as yours. Weather and traffic is not in their favor...
Get to work and sift e mails, reports of trouble from the different departments, GMs, and Players.
If time they do scan briefly things like Stratic's and other web pages.
Then the brunt of the day hits in.... depending on the job it eats into your day. Sometimes they forget to eat...too busy in the work to let it go long enough to grab something.
Their work is no different then ours, its just a different kind of work.
WORK not play. This keeps food on the table, puts their kids through school, and we all know this one.
For most of us older players who have balanced life and game play, I can understand the time it takes to do all we ask of them.
There was a cartoon back in the early days of a husband who came in and complained he had a hard day and his wife had it soo easy...
She replied all she did in her "leasure life of daily chores" he claimed she did. In the end she said to a very sheepish hubby "I have had a hard day little man don't push my buttons" She held a rolling pin in hand.
The meaning was till you walk a mile is another's shoes don't open your mouth.
We here tend to complain from a tiny problem that a call to the local advisor could solve to a cheater who is misusing the game but don't go to the main athoritys to take care of it.
Did you know any idea you have for something that all would ether enjoy and use is just an e mail away...
The dev don't want to be distant but when you got so much to do and every time you show up all you get is anger thrown at you* You tend to regret going to talk.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You've been around since 2004. There's no trolling today like there was in 2004.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont you guys go around and start enforcing your positive attitude on me... #negativenancy4life :troll:

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me this generation of students in college who are easily offended and require safe zones will never have the psychological fortitude to enjoy a game that can't protect their overly sensitive nature.

This is type of post i am talking about. Actually I am not easily offended at all. Just think that sniping at people to make yourself feel better than them is no conducive to discussing ideas.

I thought there was a forum for spiels and rants, or maybe there used to be, i never looked at it

Why even have rules to the posts then?

middle part of his post does actually say something that contributes to thread, but first line makes me think grammer school (see now i did it)

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
opps screewed up how that was quoted. sorry have only used the quote feature a couple times

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You've been around since 2004. There's no trolling today like there was in 2004.
I agree, and so many players I know who were good quality people would get easily permanently banned back then as well. Didn't take much to get banned then, I know from experience.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, and so many players I know who were good quality people would get easily permanently banned back then as well. Didn't take much to get banned then, I know from experience.
Same. I prefer the lack of regular bans.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I too would like to see more of a positive attitude on the boards about the game.
UO is in need of help of its people in the act of kindness. If you see a new player, don't just toss a suit or supplies at them... offer to give some time. If your guild is an active one ...invite to meet and the guild can offer a learning session to this new person.
Even if you cant offer much the time you give to assist in learning the game and giving them a good experience is the main good point.
I was in eye shot of Mesanna telling players that she gets somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 to 4 thousand e mails a day, and she has more then one e mail....
I don't know about you... but that's a hell of a lot of e mails to sift through.
I do hope you put your reason in the subject line so it don't get shuffled under the mass.
The dev do care what goes on in the game. This pays their salary, but there is only 5 of them total.
Imagine their day.
Drive in to work is the same as yours. Weather and traffic is not in their favor...
Get to work and sift e mails, reports of trouble from the different departments, GMs, and Players.
If time they do scan briefly things like Stratic's and other web pages.
Then the brunt of the day hits in.... depending on the job it eats into your day. Sometimes they forget to eat...too busy in the work to let it go long enough to grab something.
Their work is no different then ours, its just a different kind of work.
WORK not play. This keeps food on the table, puts their kids through school, and we all know this one.
For most of us older players who have balanced life and game play, I can understand the time it takes to do all we ask of them.
There was a cartoon back in the early days of a husband who came in and complained he had a hard day and his wife had it soo easy...
She replied all she did in her "leasure life of daily chores" he claimed she did. In the end she said to a very sheepish hubby "I have had a hard day little man don't push my buttons" She held a rolling pin in hand.
The meaning was till you walk a mile is another's shoes don't open your mouth.
We here tend to complain from a tiny problem that a call to the local advisor could solve to a cheater who is misusing the game but don't go to the main athoritys to take care of it.
Did you know any idea you have for something that all would ether enjoy and use is just an e mail away...
The dev don't want to be distant but when you got so much to do and every time you show up all you get is anger thrown at you* You tend to regret going to talk.
Great post!!!