• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

December Gifts for 2020?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow... no Christmas gifts... How Scrooge-like of Mesanna... It fits her...

Here let's pacify them with another event let them forget about Gifts... give them another grind to do... that'll occupy them...

You all realize they have now formulated an algorithm for turning on these events in whatever chosen dungeon so now it's minimal effort to achieve pacification of the masses while they take your money... for the least effort possible...

Re-hue, recolor, and rename some stuff, add a few art files simple as all get out and meanwhile you all lap it up like a bunch of trained dogs...

I am not going to bother Emailing her... I'm planning on speaking my disgust with them through my wallet...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Dot_Warner @The Zog historian

Please move on and stop responding to one another as this is now dominating the thread and veering negative.

EDIT:
Performed some thread clean up to remove any bickering that was starting to head downhill. Please keep further posts on topic

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1607470565970.png
after I saw this on discord, I thought maybe they were giving us a clicky...
maybe these are for next year

(i have no idea where they saw this, just thought these were neat)

jride

Adventurer
23 years of Xmas gifts, 2020 is the first year without....

YearPossible Gifts
1997black leather gloves, also called Santa Gloves, stolen from Santa Claus
Holiday Gift Bags: (positive notoriety)
Seasons Greetings (card), bunch of dates, a champagne glass, a fireworks wand, a full bottle of champagne, a full bottle of eggnog, a wrist watch
Holiday Gift Bags: (negative notoriety)
Maybe next year you will get a nicer gift (card), coal, spam, switches
1998Black Dye Tub, Hairstlye Deed, Random Piece of Ranger Armor, Spyglass, Fireworks Wand, Deed for a Holiday Tree
1999A clothing bless deed, a deed for a holiday tree, a deed for a potted plant, a fireworks wand, a holiday timepiece, a pile of snow
2000Holiday Bells, a deed for a holiday tree, a pile of snow, Snow Globe (snowy scene of {town})
2001Deed for a Holiday Tree, Pile of Snow, Random holiday statue, Random holiday snow globe
2002Deed for a Holiday Tree, Pile of Snow, Holiday Statues, Holiday Timepiece, Snow Globe
2003gift box: Poinsettia (red flowers), pile of snow, holiday wreath, snow flake, snowman
2004gift box: mistetoe, Light of Winter Solstice Candles, winter themed potted plant, glacial snow
2005gift box: soulstone fragement token, deed for a holiday tree, snow globe, sleigh, reindeer
2006stocking: gingerbread cookies, gingerbread cookie recipe, gingerbread mini-house deed, candy canes, a card, pile of snow
2007stocking: gingerbread cookies, gingerbread cookie recipe, gingerbread mini-house deed, candy canes, a card, pile of snow
2008Gift box: A Pot of Eggnog, An Icy Patch, Decorative Snow Piles, A Holiday Garland, A Deed For A Holiday Tree
2009Gift Box: A Pot of Eggnog, Set of Icicles, Sm or Lrg Nutcracker, Snow Statues, A Deed For A Holiday Tree
2010Gift Box, Rocking Horse, Holiday Fireflies, A Deed For A Holiday Tree
2011Santa Statue, Customizable Rounded Door Mat, Customizable Squared Door Mat, Customizable Wall Sign, Scrolls of Transcendence Book
2012small pouch: Metallic Cloth Dye Tub, Poinsettia, Grass / Snow Tiles, Festive Tree, Winter Tree, Infested Tree
2013Giftbox, Candle Tray, Claw Foot Tub, A Lobster Dinner Prepared By ______ , Scrolls Of Alacrity Book
2014Gift Box, Power Scroll Book, deed for a fireplace, coffee grinder, steam powered beverage maker
2015(token) Recipe for a chocolate nutcracker, Mannequin Deed, Potted Snowfluff Tree, Recipe for a Runic Atlas
2016(token) Mosaic Tile Set, Decorative Sleigh & Reindeer, Snowy Holiday Tree, Box of Grass Tiles, Box of Snow Tiles, Box of Sand Tiles
2017(token) Holiday Bells, Holiday Ribbon, Candy Cane, Firefly Garland (Animated item that is also a light source, Jewelry Box (House add on that must be locked down to use. Can be dyed with furniture dyes, natural dyes, and pigments. Holds up to 500 pieces of jewelry and requires 1 lockdown)
2018(token)Poinsetta, Gingerbread cookie, special edition Town Crier, Wreath, Candle lit Holiday Sign, Recipe book
2019(token)Holiday Wall Art, Dove Cage, Jolly Holiday Tree

Kinda sad, when with what this year has been... Could easily make a combination of previous gifts. Or give us coal in a bah humbug bag.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe they've seen just how much of that stuff ends up in the trash...or sitting in someone's bank because no one wants it.....

1607480848103.png

I'm not one of those people...I have banks like this on at least 6 shards just waiting ONE MORE YEAR before I get shard shields lol then they are all comin home!

BUT....a LOT of it ends up in the trash....maybe they just feel slighted that all of their work just gets thrown away so they give us fun events instead.

*shrugs*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they've seen just how much of that stuff ends up in the trash...or sitting in someone's bank because no one wants it.....

View attachment 114447

I'm not one of those people...I have banks like this on at least 6 shards just waiting ONE MORE YEAR before I get shard shields lol then they are all comin home!

BUT....a LOT of it ends up in the trash....maybe they just feel slighted that all of their work just gets thrown away so they give us fun events instead.

*shrugs*
I just gave away a bunch of holiday token to returning players because they had no decorations for Christmas.
Still have more than that, mine have their own chest cause there's over 100 of many of them.

Some of us are not going to see our RL families this year. Would be nice to get some game gifts that makes some of us happy. Pure laziness of the Devs or they dont give a damn about players cause they are busy trying to meet the NL deadlines, which they will not meet anyway.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This sounds like the plot for National Lampoon's Christmas vacation. Maybe we'll end up getting a one year membership in the jelly of the month club.:lol:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe they are so busy working on their 'new' shard they totally forgot about the existence of the old ones, the new 'tools' to make 'instant' events is starting to look more sinister now. It's been a hard year for everyone in so many ways, a little Christmas Spirit would have been nice, even something re-hued or re-used, new players and some returners might not have much in the way of decorations, saying 'I have a ton of Christmas stuff already' is not really helpful to new players unless you are giving it away, so a token with some old stuff would still be welcome. Classic Christmas trees, snowmen etc. or new versions of Santa with a mask for 2020...
My Christmas stuff is all in the bank, but every year I would give a few things to new friends, so I have never amassed a huge pile of it, I only tend to keep the things I really like. The sparkly garlands we got a couple of years back and the little bells were some of the nicest things.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have to ask... is this normal in online game to have so much bad blood between devs and players? I don't know what floats her boat, or why. I hope that it keeps floating. Some say UO being here is our gift, well then so are our fees, a gift. Some say mommy and daddy cannot this time. I say mommy. daddy do the decent thing and say so. Don't lay in on the innocent EM.
Guys, every time, without fail, when I get silly and overdo my accounts I get a wake up call. Undo the damage she does. Without fail.

I wish every person associated with UO from the fantastic Tati's to the chatty Saul's a calm and comforting holiday.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do love the Christmas gifts. I really love the boxes. If the boxes were really cool, I would open additional accounts to get them. I am really going to miss getting Christmas gifts and exchanging with my friends. Please
Devs reconsider this.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its kind of disappointing to not get a x-mas present in game as we have every year.
while i agree there is a lot of fun content in the game right now.... but that still not a nice little token which turns into a present box.

i've said it before and i shall once more give my unsolicited advice to the Dev's should they want it:
- soulstone *** tokens ALWAYS make a nice Christmas present!
(just ask Christmas from 2005 and 2006, big hit!)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have more people working on there other game then this one. We have manager and tester nothing good there. We have one coder and two artists. So a team of 5. Think there is one more.

You have them pushing out alot of stuff with bugs. Am going to laugh when the new shard comes out and it breaks the others.

Manager just wants art to sell stuff in game store.

We will get a IOU card for one gift in the year 2120 this year on the 25th when we log in.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
From the newsletter :

Greetings Everyone,

The UO Team would like to wish everyone a very safe and Happy Holidays! Hopefully no one is on the naughty list! In lieu of Holiday Tokens this year we are trying something different and giving everyone a variety of ways to stay busy during the holidays so we have baked our holiday themed rewards into a number of different events including The Artisan Festival, Krampus, and Tears of the Ice Dragon! You can check out the schedule for those events below...

• Currently we have the Forest of the Dark that will conclude on or about December 19, 2020. Make sure you battle The Guide before it's over!
  • The Artisan Festival started December 1, 2020 and will end January 5th, 2021.
  • Tears of the Ice Dragon starting December 8th and will run to January 15, 2021.
  • Krampus once again terrorizes trade routes until January 15, 2021.
Make sure you try these events and collect all the gifts you can get. We hope you guys have fun with these as much as we had putting them together!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
While none of the rewards for these events are very Christmas-y, there are a lot of them.

I did manage to get a few statues from the forest spawn and the belts, will end up buying more of the Artisan rewards which is fine, no one on Origin seems to be doing Krampus so I'm out of luck on that one too :(

At least there are a lot of things to do.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least that dead dog looks pretty.... Putting makeup on their laziness does not change the fact they did not make a token with recycled stuff at least. Grass and snow tiles would be a welcome surprise.

Or if not lazy. Their insensitivity towards paying customers. They go down in history as the team that broke a 22 year tradition.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This sounds like the plot for National Lampoon's Christmas vacation. Maybe we'll end up getting a one year membership in the jelly of the month club.:lol:
How about a talisman that takes a month to charge and spawns a random creature with a two-minute lifespan, from a rat to an ancient wyrm?

Clark that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just gave away a bunch of holiday token to returning players because they had no decorations for Christmas.
Still have more than that, mine have their own chest cause there's over 100 of many of them.

Some of us are not going to see our RL families this year. Would be nice to get some game gifts that makes some of us happy. Pure laziness of the Devs or they dont give a damn about players cause they are busy trying to meet the NL deadlines, which they will not meet anyway.
I have given away a lot of anniversary and holiday tokens and other stuff like easter bunnies and cornucopies to new or returning players that I've encountered. If I can get them to admit they have housing, then I'm off to round up a bag of goodies for them to use. People did it for me when I was a new player, so I enjoy doing it now to "pay it forward" a little bit.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At lest give us a IOU card that can't be that hard to program. Its been done in the past. This leader of us does not care about traditional things. She only cares for her people ie her brainless followers saying yes ma, that's a great idea wish I would have thought on it.

Already cut down to 2 accounts and even time I want to activate a 3rd I just go look at there yes ma fourms and decided not to do a 3rd. Only reason I keep the two active is one is a castle on Atlantic and the other is a nice 18x18 spot I have had for 11 years. Asked many times for a banner but no word on it.

And now they seem to be releasing armor with names. The one thing I find joy in collecting. Liked it was once a year and not many times. No point in collecting them now I feel. So just one more nail in the coffin for me.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does seem a bit odd we didn't even get a recycled gift token as we have in some years past but have to say it's pretty fitting that 2020 will be the first year ever for no gifts :gee:

That said, there is just no pleasing some people...
They give recycled gifts and the same people say "These gifts suck, what a waste! It's all the same crap, can't the Devs think of something new?"...
They give new basic gifts with no rare hue and the same people say "These gifts suck, what a waste! Can't they give us more colors at least?"...
They give new basic gifts with several hues and the same people say "These gifts suck, it's too hard to get all the colors"...

They don't give free gifts right in your pack everyone gets for just logging in and people say something like this below: :oops::oops:

Re-hue, recolor, and rename some stuff, add a few art files simple as all get out and meanwhile you all lap it up like a bunch of trained dogs...

I am not going to bother Emailing her... I'm planning on speaking my disgust with them through my wallet...
I feel like I've heard this song before....several times...

To paraphrase ":rant2::rant2:I didn't get what I want so I'm going to complain about it and then NOT bother to do anything about it (except for bash the Devs as per usual) and then THREATEN to quit (but never actually follow through).. falalala la la wah :sad2::sad2::sad2:"

@MalagAste - Maybe the Devs checked like the 3rd post in this thread where you completely went postal on them for sucking at life and figured their efforts wouldn't be appreciated anyway so why bother? Can't really blame them:rolleyes:

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Are people seriously upset by this? Not getting a fairly meaningless token when there's a ton of stuff to do in the game at the moment? I mean, priorities people.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed we have worked all year getting ready for the gifts, really! You be sure and tell us exactly what those table legs do. U2005.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If the intention was to make the new dungeon items as the holiday gifts then why didn't they say this when they announced the dungeon and why are the dungeon rewards not more holiday themed, the hedges are okay I guess, but what says Christmas (holidays) about some table legs...!? I don't believe that was the real intention, I believe that they forgot to do anything for the season because they are too busy with their new project.
We will all remember 2020 as a terrible year, so much stress, worry and tragedy which people play online games to get away from, they can forget everything going on in the real world for a couple of hours. Some of us have barely left the house since the end of March and some have had the constant worry of seeing our sons/daughters go off to work every day and put themselves in danger.
The Devs could have come up with something special in a few hours, even if it was just tweaked, re-hued or renamed, but they chose to not bother, which isn't surprising given how often they just don't seem to bother. :(

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I haven't been all that jazzed about the Xmas items since the original potted plants in like 99 maybe? I loved those things. The Xmas trees were cool, the bells in 2000 were alright. Otherwise I pretty much just trashed everything. They seem to be great for Britannia cleanup points.
Have to agree, only really looked forward to the Valentine's Day gifts which they changed years ago. Now usually just a one per account vending machine.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've enjoyed a few of the gifts that have been useful like the soul stone frag and the scroll books. Other than that I agree, I'm not really too upset about not getting some random decoration that comes in 23 hues that will just collect dust.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have to ask... is this normal in online game to have so much bad blood between devs and players? I don't know what floats her boat, or why. I hope that it keeps floating. Some say UO being here is our gift, well then so are our fees, a gift. Some say mommy and daddy cannot this time. I say mommy. daddy do the decent thing and say so. Don't lay in on the innocent EM.
Guys, every time, without fail, when I get silly and overdo my accounts I get a wake up call. Undo the damage she does. Without fail.

I wish every person associated with UO from the fantastic Tati's to the chatty Saul's a calm and comforting holiday.
UO has been tossed around from management company to management company. This leads to inconsistent & broken game mechanic systems, lots of cynicism about the game, & basically the game going off the rails time and time again. The lore in this game is so fractured, inconsistent, & barely is recognizable as an Ultima game, in my opinion. The current management team is the most clueless as to what the majority of the playerbase wants in the game or how they play. This team listens to a select loud whiners & their own ideas above everyone else. This had led to most of the *revamps* of old systems worse off than before *except high seas) and most of us wondering what the heck they were thinking because we told them that is not what we want. A huge part of the playerbase does not actively post feedback or participate in the forums. They do not have the time. And a lot of the ones that do / did are so tired of being burned, they stopped.

To sum up my run-on explanation - there is good reason for all the bad blood.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blame it squarely on Mesanna. After a year of nothing (but this fancy spawn mechanic) they re run the same old same old Krampus, etc.
Really.
How F$^&*)( hard would it be to say thanks for sticking with us, and using an old giftbox, and inserting something real, not a card, not another deco, but something REAL to show some thanks. Like a transfer token and SS frag token. Remember those? In the days of old we got good useful gifts, that we could use, not just a steady stream of deco crap that we are out of room to display anyway.

done

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blame it squarely on Mesanna. After a year of nothing (but this fancy spawn mechanic) they re run the same old same old Krampus, etc.
Really.
How F$^&*)( hard would it be to say thanks for sticking with us, and using an old giftbox, and inserting something real, not a card, not another deco, but something REAL to show some thanks. Like a transfer token and SS frag token. Remember those? In the days of old we got good useful gifts, that we could use, not just a steady stream of deco crap that we are out of room to display anyway.

done
Why I never kept any of the old stuff with messanna name on it...I did keep all the draconi ones though

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
@Dot_Warner @The Zog historian

Please move on and stop responding to one another as this is now dominating the thread and veering negative.

EDIT:
Performed some thread clean up to remove any bickering that was starting to head downhill. Please keep further posts on topic
Yeah...all well and good for Sampire farmers...the crap you've been churning out benefits one group only! Sorry to past a legitimate complaint

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm trying to think of what they could possibly put in there!

We've gotten 4 different styles of trees, Sleighs and Reindeer, Sleighs WITH Reindeer, big nutcrackers, small nutcrackers, nutcracker deeds, snowmen (I want more of these!) snow globes, piles of snow, ice patches, icicles, garland, wreath deeds, wreaths not in deeds, big candy canes, little candy canes, bells, ribbons, candles, mistletoe, fireflies, potted trees, cactus, poinsettias, mini festive, winter and infested trees, stockings, angel tree toppers, snowflakes, holiday signs, rocking horse, snow statue, egg nog, santa statues......and that's just what I have...I know there's more...

What can they give is that's new and goes with the holidays?
Agreed and Supported. I don't even have room to place all my holiday gifts at this point and I'm giving them to new players! and btw I LOVE the snow covering my playing kitten! brilliant, guys! - El

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
2020... and the end of December gifts I guess! It's all ok with me, I have years and years of gifts to place out in my home, and I wish everyone here in UHall a very happy holiday season and all blessings for the new year. May you ALL be safe, healthy, quickly vaccinated, and happy in 2021. Much love, - El

with December literally a day away i got thinking we will probably see this years x-mas gift tokens being released.

did they put them out on test server?
if so what are they this year?

just wondering if i need to do my wrist warm ups for the 780 log in's im gonna need to do.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are too busy creating a shard nobody asked for. They are basically doing what they want and NOT what the customer wants. And a shard that will blow itself up after a year. I mean WOW WHAT A GREAT IDEA. Wasting a year of gametime to have it wiped........

Until Mesanna has a kick up the arse and a reality check, i.e improve or get sacked she will always be a school bully.

Just look at her conduct during meet and greets. No, no, no ,not doing that, no, don't understand (don't want to either) no, no, not at this time, no, no, no.
But YES to more crap in the store.

NOT what you would expect from a lead designer.

It has been said that she thinks she will be the last lead designer of this game, So is she running it down for a nice fat donut funding golden handshake?

Imagine that on the C.V destroying the longest running MMO ever.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would've liked to have seen the snowy hedges on a token. Maybe a version of those bedcovers from the artisan festivals without a virtue symbol and dyeable - shame there, wasted graphic if you don't want red or green. Would've been better in my opinion to add a recipe and let tailors be able to craft them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know the PomPom wavers think you are just a bunch of whiners They include me as well... they would lap up anything that Mesanna laid down for them...

And Yes I agree 110% with you @jack flash uk ... her conduct is unbecoming of a Lead... It is unprofessional and at many times seems to border on Bi-Polar or Narcissistic... but I don't see that changing at any time in the near or distant future... unless someone wants to supply her with some free psychiatry and meds... which if she is a narcissist will go nowhere fast. Be like a certain pumpkin head admitting he lost the election...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know the PomPom wavers think you are just a bunch of whiners They include me as well... they would lap up anything that Mesanna laid down for them...

And Yes I agree 110% with you @jack flash uk ... her conduct is unbecoming of a Lead... It is unprofessional and at many times seems to border on Bi-Polar or Narcissistic... but I don't see that changing at any time in the near or distant future... unless someone wants to supply her with some free psychiatry and meds... which if she is a narcissist will go nowhere fast. Be like a certain pumpkin head admitting he lost the election...

Yeah the cheerleaders will never admit she does anything wrong.
And you better watch your step, there's a mod here that could very easily fit in over there, and might already be doing double duty...who knows?

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'll 'll just refer you all to the fact-based assessment in JRIDE's post above. I have been a player since beta. It was very strange for me to see this year that all that happened was some EM dropping 10-15 scrolls for (old) gifts at Luna bank. And I'm not a materialistic person...but come on, with the way 2020 has been, how hard would it have been to make one or two new tchotchkes for us? Very disappointed that they just phoned it in. I guess it's just more #2020 :(

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
23 years of Xmas gifts, 2020 is the first year without....

YearPossible Gifts
1997black leather gloves, also called Santa Gloves, stolen from Santa Claus
Holiday Gift Bags: (positive notoriety)
Seasons Greetings (card), bunch of dates, a champagne glass, a fireworks wand, a full bottle of champagne, a full bottle of eggnog, a wrist watch
Holiday Gift Bags: (negative notoriety)
Maybe next year you will get a nicer gift (card), coal, spam, switches
1998Black Dye Tub, Hairstlye Deed, Random Piece of Ranger Armor, Spyglass, Fireworks Wand, Deed for a Holiday Tree
1999A clothing bless deed, a deed for a holiday tree, a deed for a potted plant, a fireworks wand, a holiday timepiece, a pile of snow
2000Holiday Bells, a deed for a holiday tree, a pile of snow, Snow Globe (snowy scene of {town})
2001Deed for a Holiday Tree, Pile of Snow, Random holiday statue, Random holiday snow globe
2002Deed for a Holiday Tree, Pile of Snow, Holiday Statues, Holiday Timepiece, Snow Globe
2003gift box: Poinsettia (red flowers), pile of snow, holiday wreath, snow flake, snowman
2004gift box: mistetoe, Light of Winter Solstice Candles, winter themed potted plant, glacial snow
2005gift box: soulstone fragement token, deed for a holiday tree, snow globe, sleigh, reindeer
2006stocking: gingerbread cookies, gingerbread cookie recipe, gingerbread mini-house deed, candy canes, a card, pile of snow
2007stocking: gingerbread cookies, gingerbread cookie recipe, gingerbread mini-house deed, candy canes, a card, pile of snow
2008Gift box: A Pot of Eggnog, An Icy Patch, Decorative Snow Piles, A Holiday Garland, A Deed For A Holiday Tree
2009Gift Box: A Pot of Eggnog, Set of Icicles, Sm or Lrg Nutcracker, Snow Statues, A Deed For A Holiday Tree
2010Gift Box, Rocking Horse, Holiday Fireflies, A Deed For A Holiday Tree
2011Santa Statue, Customizable Rounded Door Mat, Customizable Squared Door Mat, Customizable Wall Sign, Scrolls of Transcendence Book
2012small pouch: Metallic Cloth Dye Tub, Poinsettia, Grass / Snow Tiles, Festive Tree, Winter Tree, Infested Tree
2013Giftbox, Candle Tray, Claw Foot Tub, A Lobster Dinner Prepared By ______ , Scrolls Of Alacrity Book
2014Gift Box, Power Scroll Book, deed for a fireplace, coffee grinder, steam powered beverage maker
2015(token) Recipe for a chocolate nutcracker, Mannequin Deed, Potted Snowfluff Tree, Recipe for a Runic Atlas
2016(token) Mosaic Tile Set, Decorative Sleigh & Reindeer, Snowy Holiday Tree, Box of Grass Tiles, Box of Snow Tiles, Box of Sand Tiles
2017(token) Holiday Bells, Holiday Ribbon, Candy Cane, Firefly Garland (Animated item that is also a light source, Jewelry Box (House add on that must be locked down to use. Can be dyed with furniture dyes, natural dyes, and pigments. Holds up to 500 pieces of jewelry and requires 1 lockdown)
2018(token)Poinsetta, Gingerbread cookie, special edition Town Crier, Wreath, Candle lit Holiday Sign, Recipe book
2019(token)Holiday Wall Art, Dove Cage, Jolly Holiday Tree

Kinda sad, when with what this year has been... Could easily make a combination of previous gifts. Or give us coal in a bah humbug bag.
I look at this long list and think *How hard would it have been to give us something, even a clicker (one per account) like the picnic basket*. @Mesanna you are breaking a annual tradition. This list will have the year 2020 empty when next we see it in December 2021 and will be remember as the year Santa forgot Ultima Online.

Screwed up with the 2120, my fingers were flying and my head was elsewhere, edit to fix the year.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I look at this long list and think *How hard would it have been to give us something, even a clicker (one per account) like the picnic basket*. @Mesanna you are breaking a annual tradition. This list will have the year 2020 empty when next we see it in December 2120 and will be remember as the year Santa forgot Ultima Online.
From the sounds of it ... You will get nothing for Easter, nothing for anything... even next Christmas... sounds like she's doing away with gifts all together... now does that mean no Anniversary Gift?????? It might.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't necessarily agree with the Devs not giving a clicky holiday gift (either token or statue at a bank) but don't blame them for refusing to throw together something after the fact. It doesn't matter what they put out, there would be critics of it so why bother? If it was a 1 per account clicky people would complain it should be 1 per char or that it should be a token. If it was a reskinned 2019 token people would say the same thing they are saying about Krampus (nothing is new so why bother). Etc etc etc.

I just hope that in lieu of slapping some after the fact holiday token together, the Devs are actually thinking about some new content/rewards for 2021. I have a feeling we are likely getting alternating dynamic events / "treasures of" which I think becomes a little boring but as long as the rewards are worthwhile I'll be content.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If it was something useful and meaningful, I doubt anyone would pancake.
The way to make it meaningful, IMO, would be to give a consumable...ie, the fragment token, one xfer token per char, a sex change, race change, name change token, etc
We have enough rugs, poinsettias, etc.
Couldn't agree more.

I think that's easier said than done though because when was the last time we had something like this?

2019 was 100% deco so if 2020 was also going to be purely deco then I'm fine with no token (like you said, I have enough winter deco for a game that no longer has snow lol). The prior couple years were like the jewelry box/alacrity/trans/powerscroll books (not sure exact order) which are helpful for storage purposes but I have plenty of these so I wouldn't want a recycled token from these years (unless maybe the 2020 token have you the option to pick from all 4).

It would be great if they gave us something that was usable

segmentman

Adventurer
Yeah the cheerleaders will never admit she does anything wrong.
And you better watch your step, there's a mod here that could very easily fit in over there, and might already be doing double duty...who knows?
Ah yes mods......my sister was a mod for some site a few years back......talk about a mental power trip......