Dear Chrissay, So, about client patches...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 21, 2006
Atlantic
When you post them on the Herald, it would be helpful to give some indication of what they do. I went to make UOGuide pages for each of the most recent client patches and realized that I had no information about them other than "they exist."

Even if they contain some fix for an exploit and you do not wish to broadcast this fact to any unsavory characters, I'm sure that there must be something else in there that you can make bullet points out of, such as "Added support for Valentine's content," or "Updated clilocs for future events."

I would just hate to return to the dark ages of the 97-98 era, where half of the changes to the game went completely undocumented, and the other half were hardly ever separated into "Client" and "Server" categories, leaving both the players of the time and future historians to make wild guesses as to what the hell was ever going on.

Sincerely,
Someone Who Is, I Am Sure, About To Get Flamed Mercilessly By UHallers Who Are Absolutely Certain That I Am Calling You Incompetent Or Some Such Nonsense And Who Will Shortly Turn Around And Actually Call You And Every Other Member Of The Development Team Incompetent In Some Other Thread, Because That's Just How They Roll

D

DarkScripture

I agree that I would like some text on each patch. If they are going to add security patch changes and not tell us what the change was I can live with that. But a text like " Unlisted security patches applied today." Seemed unfinished & unclear.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Agreed, and hoping that this week's patch notes (or lack thereof) was just a mistake in that regard.

Doesn't always have to be entirely descriptive, just an idea of what's being added or changed (new content, bug fixes, "closed an exploit", etc).