• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Current Event Discoveries

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently spawning in Cove at Midnight (UO Time)

Vanguard Controller
Typical spawn summoned by Vanguard controller:
Approx 9 – 10

Lich
Nightmare
Restless soul
Daemon
Shadow iron elemental,
zombie
Brigand

Special loot

Can be bola'd off his horse. Sometimes the horse disappears (apparently)

Dread Warhorse
Do not have to be in factions to ride but you have to be a tamer. (3 slots)
Hp appears to be in a high 500s low 600s region
Stamina below 125, mana 150ish, str just above nightmare max, 527+
Base damage 20 – 26 spread over phys 40% poison 20% energy 40%
No skills over gm

Please add your discoveries, or correct any misconceptions in mine.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So - is the Cloak of Shadows 'Elves only' because Elves are the evil forces of darkness that are trying to conquer the world, or because it's an Elf robe and someone forgot that those are marked 'Elf only' when they thought 'ooh, that graphic looks nice'? ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pass.

I don't even know if they're all 'elves only' or only that one, I didn't take the screenie, only copied and re-uploaded it.

S

SilentFoxXy

From what I have heard the Vanguards DO NOT CURRENTLY drop their CLOAK OF SHADOWS which they all wear.

This MAY be a bug, and Im sure they are wearing them for a reason, which, hopefully soon, will become apparent??

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks Petra

Dark Wolves also, I read these can be tamed but go poof when rest of spawn does.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
interesting. Wonder what the taming requirement is. Temporary allies against the spawn could be handy, even if only as a distraction, especially if the tamers can pass them on to non-tamers.

C

Coppelia

I don't know if that's from the event spawn, but I found that wandering in Cove :

It attacked me but wasn't doing damage as we were in the guard zone. So I went to the docks and it was hitting for 1 damage. I killed it fingers in the nose and it had 31 gold coins and a few arrows.

PS: When it died, there was a black smoke animation.

S

SilentFoxXy

Restless Souls - This has been adressed on UOHall and is apparently a bug. To kill these irritants simply lure away from town and execute, I have had up to 10 on my tail doing nothing more than get in my way.

Black SoulSmoke?? Have asked for a reason /meaning to this smoke, created from death of Fallen warriors in the void, and from 90% of all monster deaths in Cove.

C

Coppelia

Well for now it's very disappointing. It lasts 5 minutes before everything is killed, and that includes Dread Warhorses. I hope we'll be able to tame them later, and that this is not meant to be an event rare. :thumbdown:

Otherwise if someone has too many Dread Warhorses, I'm interrested in one. That would avoid me to camp the spawn to see them killed. :eek:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten 2 so far, one for me and one for Terry's tamer. I didn't have any problems, but I was in Felucca.

Last one I lured the controller a little way, bola'd him, he cleared off back up the town, I lured the horse a bit further, double gated to Skara to stable my cu then tamed the horse.

B

Birdseye

What level of Taming and Animal Lore do the horses require, and do they require both?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure, can't find any positive info on it. Someone said they couldn't at 103.8

B

Birdseye

Cheers, don't wish to sound ni'eve, about the event, but is it only in Fel?:blushing:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, it's on both facets, margininly better chance of being the only tamer after a warhorse in Fel though.

C

cheerfulx

There's a good few Vanguard in Serpents Hold atm, all towns being invaded?

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be sure to lure the dread horses out of the guard zone before taming. Otherwise they'll be guard whacked the minute they're tamed.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vanguard Controller in Papua

Not seen em anywhere else

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got another dread warhorse cluttering up my stable, anyone want it?

R

Rag

Got another dread warhorse cluttering up my stable, anyone want it?
Id like to have one :).

I suck so hard when it comes to taming an animal, i always used to buy them on uo-auction2.com. But that site is buggy/down and ppl gave up hope on that site i think :cursing:

K

kray2s

there is a new uo auction site but the only advertisement to it is on the home page when u log in so not many have seen or noticed it - i can provide the link if u want it ! Also i would love one of these dred war horse things but i alas too suck at taming - also i only have 110 taming with jewlery and this will prob limit my chances of taming or alas even holding 1 i fear :(

L

Lilitu

I suspect the dread warhorses are like firesteeds in terms of taming difficulty (106 taming). I have a few spare warhorses I will trade for 50k each.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 towns being invaded at moment- tram and felluca

cove, papua, serpants hold and nuglem

They spawn 12 times per real day ...thats every 2 hours at midnight uo time so carry a uo timepiece!!

Loot drops are new black crappy decor shields and swords that will probably be another tradein item for a crappy measly 100 points...nuff said...

S

Seasseragh

What weapons are good for the Vanguard Controllers? Apart from Greater Dragons, that is.
Slayer vulnerabilities? Elemental Damages? Mystic Weapons?

The only thing I found so far is that Fire is not their lowest resist and Consecrate raises damage a lot. Mystics don´t seem to cut it with them either.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could it be that the shields drop more frequently than the swords?
I got 4 shields in a row and not a single sword till now *sighs*

S

Seasseragh

Well the swords are very dark, maybe you didn´t see them?
I have 3 swords, 1 from a solo and 2 from public corpses, go figure.

S

SilentFoxXy

The swords are even harder than Vorpal Blades to see, Ive found that by literally moving up to the screen I can just see them ;)

As far as drop rates goes, sorry to say Im in the other camp, I had a load of swords before I got a shield. Im currently arming all my vendors with both, and I have probably 30 swords and only 25 shields so far. I have 'lost' 6 of these shields,

As mentioned, I have also succesfully enhanced shields, with the following success rates:-

Dull Copper- 100% Success 4 from 4, Copper 50% Success 2 from 4, Valorite 4 lost

Several times now I have also received BOTH from my own kills, especially in Nujelm, where the spawn is seemingly less, until you get the cheating blighters down to 25% then they summon another army:)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
killed a few as a guild and each time we found both sword and sheild on corpse, but as mentioned above swords are very hard to see.

C

Coppelia

Aw! No I'm wondering if I missed a blade. You put doubt inside of my head, meanies!

Want to buy metal that gives spell channelling :p

C

Coppelia

No! I didn't miss anything! The blades missed me, that's all!
They missed the privilege to be mine, so boohoo cry more baby blades! :lol:

I'm gonna fix all that by killing more vanguards (and myself in the process).

EDIT: I got just 2 swords! Now I'm pretty sure I missed some previously.
Now I wonder how much points will give those weapons, because the flying guys from Rift were very dangerous, yet their event items (not dropping everytime) were worth 100 ridiculous points. Vanguards are a pain to bring down. So I assume their event items will be worth 50 points. :lol:
Back to Ophidian slaughter? :p

A

aoe

Hi

I just tamed my first Dread Warhorse. It seems to have low cold resist. What resist have your found on them?

Mine has Phys: 72, fire 37, cold 24, poison 59 and energy 49.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunter's Moon has done some extensive research into their stats in a thread on UO Hall. I'll see if I can find the information he collated and post it here.

[edit]
............High............Low.........Figured Max......Figured Min......Spread
hit.........648............555...............650.. ..............555..............95
sta........123.............89................125.. ..............85...............45
man.......159............100................160... ............100..............60
str.........551............502................555. ..............500..............55
dex........123.............89................125.. ..............85...............45
int.........159............100................160. ..............100..............60

phy........75..............65.................75.. ...............65...............10
fire.........40..............20.................40 .................20...............20
cold........40..............20.................40. ................20...............20
pois........60..............50.................60. ................50...............10
ener........50..............40.................50. ...............40...............10

A

aoe

Thanks for the stats information.

arhhh :confused::confused:.. just tamed a new one resist, 74, 38, 32, 56, 49.

But the monent I tamed it it got guard wracked???? Why??
Could it be because it poisoned me just before it was tamed

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been several reports of this, I've found you're ok if you make sure you lead it away from the npcs as you're taming, then when you get it, don't issue any commands to it, just hop on and recall out.

A

aoe

There have been several reports of this, I've found you're ok if you make sure you lead it away from the npcs as you're taming, then when you get it, don't issue any commands to it, just hop on and recall out.
When I read "don't issue any commands to it"... I did command it to follow me as the first thing after it was tamed and that was before the guard jumped in and killed it. The first one I tamed was also tamed in Nujelm the same way. And I also tamed a nightmare in Nujelm. I did not notice the numbes of npcs, it could be that the last one was tamed close to npcs.

I did tame a new one last night from the Cove spawn, but i dragged it outside the city wall before taming it :D

M

Mord Mhor

RTLPFC

Hope this is the correct place to post this as Ive just registered myself on these temp boards as I can't contain myself any longer.

Met a guy in Moonglow today called Andrew (consult latest BNN article).
Nasty little fellow.