• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Creature Feature #2: The Queen of Mean, the Terathan Matriarch

E

Elyssar

For anyone with arachnapobia, the sight of a terathan deep in the Keep may send his or her skin crawling. Today we look at the regal queen of these insects, the Terathan Matriarch!

She lives in the Keep and above ground right outside it. These ladies will give you third level fame and karma, but no more than that. Defensively and offensively they are tough and to be feared (especially with a dash of lag!) Their loot consists of 150-300 gold, 5 spiders silk, gems, scrolls, and the occasional magic item if you're fortunate. A respectable matriarch can cast a wide variety of spells that will keep you on your toes!

The first time I ever went to tame a mare, back when the spawn was blocked, a matty was my doom. The mare was tame, all was right in the world. I fed the mare and tried to get to it, but a matty locked onto me and 2 avengers onto the new mare. I tried to teleport to the side of the doorway the 2 avengers were blocking, but the matty meleed me and one Flamestrike later and Caelie was taking a dirtnap and watching very sadly as her nightmare fell.

So everyone, now you are welcome to reflect and add more information for the queen of spiders! (Anyone know if they live in Illywillynar?)

S

sherkborg

<font color=purple> I heard they give Dragon weapons? (like draogn slaying, bashing etc..)
is this true?

<center>
</center>

S

Socko

i remember when i first saw one, i knew i had stumbled onto something grand. They spoke, so i figured maybe i could join their team and fight for the good guy spiders. Alas she threw me aside, like so many people in my life and ate me.

<font color=red>Zeyke the Hermit</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Chesapeak Legend</font color=blue>
<font color=green> Baja Seer of Justice </font color=green>

<font color=blue>Ape </font color=blue> of <font color=red>God </font color=red>
<font color=purple>founder of OLA Ostard Liberation Army </font color=purple>

K

Kurtz_Baja

Though these are alright for Fame and Karma, their loot is not really worth the effort it takes to kill them.

<font color=green>Kurtz</font color=green><font color=red> DJ$</font color=red>
<font color=green>Council of Mages</font color=green>

M

Matrim

You know I had forgotten what they look like. Last time I honestly saw one was using to to slow down an snake avenger who had followed me from the tight rope room down there while I was killing the warriors for weapons. That was not that long ago, just a year, since mare spawned was still above ground though blocked by some UTB. Recalling in to the tower hoping some idiot had not left a avenger in the tower, running up the corridor to avoid the avengers to get to the warriors, if you die running down to the balrons and hoping a nice mage was around or a friend was on icq.

Went back there when the mare spawn was changed as was most of the spawn down there. The balron room is now full of snakes in the spider part of the dungeon and no balrons at least at that period of time in Chessy felucca. Could tamers doing that invis bug for the mare. Mares seems the only reason to go down there since without the balrons nothing is worth wasting regs on.

They used to be good for working resist now that I think about it since they could flamestrike you about 2 times unsure if still worth it since resist has gotten a bit easier now with UO:R.

Hey is this a petting zoo? No its just Trammel.

S

Spirit of Europa

Oh yes there are lots and lots in Illywillynar :)
I think I spotted some over in the spider dungeon that leads to the Ethereal Warrior Island... and there's a place in the jungle north of the swamps that is crawling with arachnids of every kind. There may be other places too. Can't remember seeing any ophids in Illywillynar yet though.

H

Halo 14

Aye , many times I have pitted my harpstrings againts terrathan Matriarchs...and not always with success! The bowels of the keep are still a mystery to me and Satan will go to work on ice skates the day I venture down there!

I used to enjoy working the area outside the keep with my bard/tamer but O$I decided that the little "pool" was making it too easy and decided to rectify it.

:{

Name this band and the song and Pm me for a prize : "Im not real , this isnt happening , Im not real"...1st correct answer wins the (cash) prize.

W

WolfZbane

Allthough people claim that she is the strongest Terathan, this ain't true. The Avenger is still the strongest Terathan. So that Queen title is in fact a lie.
They look excellent in UO3d.
They taste great with a sauce of balron's blood.
She's the only Terathan with hands. Not that that means a bloody thing, but it's nice to mention.
Loot most of the time spawns in a bag.
Just like all the other Terra's, she attacks Ophids on sight.

Wolfsbane

E

Elyssar

A lady needs big strong brutes to keep her safe. Any queen knows that! She walks softly but carries a big stick (that goes explode, poison, flamestrike, you see: a terathan avenger, OOoO)

T

thunderbirde

i've taken my lumberjack to the terra keep and hitting a matriarch repeatedly with a power axe gives me fits of giggles. i fear avengers. i don't care to get poisoned. i did take one down once but went through 7-8 g cures. not worth fighting for the 500 gold in loot.

thunderbirde

F

Falcon225

yup spider dungeon in ishenar :}
killed quite a few and got a dragon slaying war hammer!!! WOOT!
hehe
the crown forest keeps changing its spawn,, used to be LOTS of ophids there now just drags/air elems :{ (was worse than the keep for ophids!)

So close no matter how far,, nothing else matters

S

Socko

my friend Adam told me they were friendly when i got my uo t2a disc in the mail. I recalled there, with him, he knew darn well i would die, when i found out they weren't friendly I borrowed some regs out of Adam's chest, oh and some armor, and a nice shiny magic spear too.

Teach him to mess with m3

<font color=red>Zeyke the Hermit</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Chesapeak Legend</font color=blue>
<font color=green> Baja Seer of Justice </font color=green>

<font color=blue>Ape </font color=blue> of <font color=red>God </font color=red>
<font color=purple>founder of OLA Ostard Liberation Army </font color=purple>

D

Dk_Legion

these can mana dump forever, they hurt me 0 resist bard so much, they make funny noises though and i got an axe of dragon slaying off of one!
Ala poor JamJam we knew him well

<font color=purple> One Day the nightmares shall come, they do for everyone, but on that day only the ones who have the purple will sleep safely </font color=purple>
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif DO NOT UNDERSTIMATE THE POWER OF PURPLE /php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif

V

Vegetto

does anyone know if "dragon slaying" weps also work on similar creatures as drakes or wyrms???

You can try to kill me, but will only fail. And like the rest, will die with the rest!!!

K

Kunitz

its the sound they make that i like..the little screem s..HEEEERRCK...first time i heard it gave me goose bumps

<center>
</center><center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/evild.gif<font color=FF8C00>*An Nox Lag*</font color=FF8C00>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/evild.gif
<font color=4876FF>***Kunitz***</font color=4876FF></center>

E

Elyssar

Terathan Matriarchs also drop level 4 treasure maps. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Shaman

Not sure if she is Ophid or Tera.
Seems more Ophid, but I'll let you all be the judge.

<center>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bloodhand.com>www.bloodhand.com</a></center>