• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Contest: Recreate a Famous Movie Scene with UO Graphics

Contest: Recreate a Famous Movie Scene with UO Graphics
Posted by Riyana
Stratics
Monday, May 23, 2016 - 09:00 PM
Until: Sunday, June 5, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Stratics is pleased to announce a new contest! Harkening back to the first Broadsword newsletter and sparked by the Jurassic World-inspired "Prattkeeping" image used therein, we challenge you all to recreate a famous movie scene in UO using only UO graphics.

• You MAY manipulate the image with photo editing software, but you may NOT use any graphics or images from outside of official UO. Use of officially approved third party emulators and programs is acceptable. No graphics from free or third party shards will be accepted.

• You may include a statement or image to show others what your image is about, or you may let your image speak for itself.

• You may work with a partner or team, but only one reward will be issued per team if that team is selected as a winner.

• Each entrant (or partnership/team) may submit as many entries as they like, but may only place once.

• Entries must adhere to the Stratics Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service.

Post your entries in this thread by 11:59PM (Eastern timezone) on Sunday, June 5th. At that time, the thread will be closed and winners selected by Stratics staff.

The winners will receive glory, respect, and the following prizes:

• 1st Place: Winner's choice of a 1-month UO game time code, an 11th year collection, or a legacy token on the shard of their choice. One month of Stratics Professional and a medal indicating 1st Place in the contest applied to the winner's Stratics account.

• 2nd Place: Winner's choice of the remaining two unchosen rewards. A medal indicating 2nd Place in the contest applied to the winner's Stratics account.

• 3rd Place: The remaining unchosen reward. A medal indicating 3rd Place in the contest applied to the winner's Stratics account.

We look forward to seeing what this creative community can come up with. Good luck!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Quick question... can we use things in UO to build something that is not in UO? An example being.. using different items in UO to build a toilet etc. Toliet

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Quick question... can we use things in UO to build something that is not in UO? An example being.. using different items in UO to build a toilet etc. Toliet
Of course! You're trying to make a movie scene, so use your imagination! As long as the pieces you use to build your scene are all production UO graphics, it's fair game. :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was bored :)

Figured I would do a quick couple of submissions... 8 hours later LOL..

If you have not seen the latest episodes of Game of Thrones STOP HERE!!
If you are a total purist and want to "finish the books" before you watch the series.. STOP HERE and then ask yourself if you think you will still be alive in 2035 when GRRM finally finishes them :p

Dead.jpg

and then..

Hodor.jpg

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Captain Holly Bloodhand of Chesapeake and Captn Norrington of Atlantic.

Screenshot (2003).png

Even though this submission doesn't qualify for a prize since we are both staff, it was still fun making this!

Last edited:

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
STOP HERE and then ask yourself if you think you will still be alive in 2035 when GRRM finally finishes them :p
Not that I wish anything bad to happen to GRRM, but I think Brandon Sanderson will have finished them long before 2035.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There's a little less than a week left for this! I know this community can come up with some great stuff--let's see it!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I was thinking of several then the Pub hit and I been busy helping PAS members and GIL members with links inforamtion and in game surport. Even as staff I wanted to do something. Sorry., just way to busy and now the elections are starting.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Was trying to do the Stay Puft Marshmallow dude from Ghostbusters but after a week of trying that was a no go lol. Stuff from one floor will not raise up to the next floor good enough to make him solid... dang it.. maybe someone else can figure it out before the deadline...

Godzilla.jpg

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The submission period for this contest has ended, thank you all for sharing your wonderful creations!

The judges will be assembling soon to select the winners of the contest :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you to everyone who submitted! I'm rounding up the volunteer judges and we should have a verdict sometime tomorrow evening.

Note that because of the shift to the UO store, the prizes will be distributed a little differently than originally intended (since there are no more tokens), but each winner will still get the full prize of their choice. Future contests will be adjusted accordingly. Please bear with us!

We have another contest coming up soon... so break out your quills! ;)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And the winners have been chosen!

Several staff members chose their top picks. It was a tough call since the entries were all very good, but the final ranking fell as follows:

First place- @Conleth with Alice in Wonderland scenes
Second place- @Piotr with a fight scene from Kill Bill
Third place- @Kylie Kinslayer with a Godzilla attack scene

I have applied the winners' medals and am contacting the winners individually for their other prizes.

Thank you all very much for participating and congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.