• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Concerning Non-Faction Server War (Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your rl must be extremely dull to go searching for old threads on a game forum that you don't even play.
Pot+kettle=Forsaken

:thumbsup:

Its better then crying about a server thats been this way for the last what, 3 years?

On a side note i sold all my accounts and got away from what makes me sick to play you on the other hand cry about how ppl play their characters then want ppl to pat your butt and tell you theyll play how you want them to play...you sir fail...do yourself a favor and go read a book...this forum is free and i enjoy it ALOT...

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a complete outsider to all this I'll make two related observations:

1. It's possible to be too good at a game. When you get to the point where you consistantly take out all challengers, people stop wanting to play against you. Maybe you're that good.

2. It's likely that those who nobody wants to play with are just jerks. Nobody likes a poor sport... the kind of player who plays to ruin the game for others rather than simply play the best game they can while trying to keep it fun for everone. I don't know any of the parties involved, but this second scenario is far more common in my experience.
WOW this guy is new and he hit it on the head. Nobody wants to play with jerks who we already know what tactics are going to be employed to win..... even if you promise and actually hold true to that promise to just use "legal" thing, it will still just be a gimp ass fight.

Same old story forsaken, different year kind of sad.

F

Førsaken

Pot+kettle=Forsaken

:thumbsup:

Its better then crying about a server thats been this way for the last what, 3 years?

On a side note i sold all my accounts and got away from what makes me sick to play you on the other hand cry about how ppl play their characters then want ppl to pat your butt and tell you theyll play how you want them to play...you sir fail...do yourself a favor and go read a book...this forum is free and i enjoy it ALOT...
You'd think for someone that has so much free time, due to not playing this game, your board pvp wouldn't be so lacking. Oh well. . .

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Look Ma! It's monkeys flinging poop!"

"Yes, Junior. Ignore them, they'll tire out faster."

H

HaHa

I've been called a cheater so many times it's ridiculous.

And for good measure: TnT failing!
One thing that always made me laugh about the accusers in this game is the fact that they know more about cheating than the rest of us. One good example (and please forgive me if this is against RoC) is Star Jamison who constantly accused people left and right of cheating and running illegal programs. Before quitting Star made a post about how he was one of the people who would try out new cheats and ran these programs himself (not an accusation here, it is a fact that he did post this about himself.) GG was another good example who, although he never ADMITTED to doing any illegal, would constantly accuse others and had a rather vast knowledge of illegal programs. I am sure he just read about them and didnt ever try any right?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing that always made me laugh about the accusers in this game is the fact that they know more about cheating than the rest of us. One good example (and please forgive me if this is against RoC) is Star Jamison who constantly accused people left and right of cheating and running illegal programs. Before quitting Star made a post about how he was one of the people who would try out new cheats and ran these programs himself (not an accusation here, it is a fact that he did post this about himself.) GG was another good example who, although he never ADMITTED to doing any illegal, would constantly accuse others and had a rather vast knowledge of illegal programs. I am sure he just read about them and didnt ever try any right?
Well ofcourse...LMAO...

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been away at school and not playing much but one thing that I've noticed is that people seem to expect to not be looted now. It doesn't matter if you kill them or just find them dead. They think you have to be nice. You're either supposed to rez them and not loot or sell their stuff back for cheep.

I know its a sore subject around here, but faction gear is the prime example. If you run it you should expect to lose it. If you don't want to lose it, don't use it. Its really that simple.

In the end, all it comes down to is that almost everyone has become little cry baby girls afraid to die and get looted. I think that from this time on I will set out on a personal mission to remind everyone how this shard used to be.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been away at school and not playing much but one thing that I've noticed is that people seem to expect to not be looted now. It doesn't matter if you kill them or just find them dead. They think you have to be nice. You're either supposed to rez them and not loot or sell their stuff back for cheep.

I know its a sore subject around here, but faction gear is the prime example. If you run it you should expect to lose it. If you don't want to lose it, don't use it. Its really that simple.

In the end, all it comes down to is that almost everyone has become little cry baby girls afraid to die and get looted. I think that from this time on I will set out on a personal mission to remind everyone how this shard used to be.
QFT...my prime example of sp rotting from the inside out...

A

Arden

I honsetly dont like to post in threads like this because I no longer play this game. I am more of a lurker on these forums but you are getting a post of of me!

The way I see it, there are two people in this game, those who 'like to win' and those who 'hate to lose.'

Those who 'Like to Win' (LTW) do whatever means necissary to give themselves the best advantages in a fight, whether it be speed hacks, great gear, great guildies, over powered templates, pets, etc. These people, imo, are the thrill seekers, need to find as many fights as they can get because winning is what makes the game fun. And if they arent winning, then they are essentially losing. In addition, they have to win on all aspects of the fight, in field, in the duel, in the **** talk, on the boards every where.

Those who 'Hate to Lose' (HTL) are very simlar to the above set of people. They too use whatever means neccissary to keep them from losing. This may be gear, templates, hacks, etc but unlike the LTW, the HTL is fearful of losing all his great gear or having someone kill his max skills pet. This fear makes the HTL decide that it is better to not wear gear at all, that it is better to hide than fight, that it is better to avoid people who are better than he/she is. Thus keeping this player from ever getting better in the field, in the duels, in the **** talk, or on the boards. The HTL, hate losing so much, they rather write off the LTW as a cheater becaue you are supposed to lose to cheaters and thus the HTL isnt really losing.

To bring this into terms of this warm and fuzzy pvp you all do now, yall are a bunch of Hate to Lose *******. It seriously pisses me off when someone tells me, "Why do you care so much? Its a video game?" HONESTLY I DONT CARE BECAUSE ITS A VIDEO GAME! I dont care if I lose a suit of armor worth 2million gold beacuse 2 million gold isnt even a real currency. Now if I was paying $100 per suit, I'd prob think twice about fighting 5v1, but I'm not so who cares. Why do you all care about your imaginary gold and loot? OMG you died and somone took your goodies, looks like you will just have to get another one, OR better yet, quit being bad at this game and kill them and take it back.

So I know I am a Like to Win, which are you?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You forgot one Arden... Those that like to play. This crew is doing that. Scoff all you want. I admire them. We still play.

E

Elmer Fudd

Those who 'Hate to Lose' (HTL) are very simlar to the above set of people. They too use whatever means neccissary to keep them from losing. This may be gear, templates, hacks, etc but unlike the LTW, the HTL is fearful of losing all his great gear or having someone kill his max skills pet. This fear makes the HTL decide that it is better to not wear gear at all, that it is better to hide than fight, that it is better to avoid people who are better than he/she is. Thus keeping this player from ever getting better in the field, in the duels, in the **** talk, or on the boards. The HTL, hate losing so much, they rather write off the LTW as a cheater becaue you are supposed to lose to cheaters and thus the HTL isnt really losing.
This is exactly how Ive always wanted to put it towards TnT....Boy isnt this true about TnT and that Crew!

Thanks Arden, could never put that into words like that.....AWSOME!

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is exactly how Ive always wanted to put it towards TnT....Boy isnt this true about TnT and that Crew!

Thanks Arden, could never put that into words like that.....AWSOME!
and arden makes a great point about certain playstyles but why do you need to open your mouth and point fingers Elmer? You're such a low board propaganda old timer piece of ****, for real man look at your mentality all the time and how you're just as much a part of the bull**** on siege. LET IT GO. for ****s sake.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and arden makes a great point about certain playstyles but why do you need to open your mouth and point fingers Elmer? You're such a low board propaganda old timer piece of ****, for real man look at your mentality all the time and how you're just as much a part of the bull**** on siege. LET IT GO. for ****s sake.
QFTx3...

A

Arden

FYI. I never hacked or scripted in pvp. I did use TreeStump mods, and easyuo looting for a bit but that is all. My scripts/hax/cheats were reserved for scamming.

As for "Those who like to play":
I think both of my categories fall into the one you suggest. If people didn't like playing they would quit. So I guess my groupings are based on the assumption that everyone who plays this game likes it. I bet the people who like winning and the people who hate losing like to play this game equally. They just choose to like different aspects of it. The winners like it when they win, and the people who hate losing, like it when they aren't losing.

Thus, the HTLs, schedule "pvp" play dates to avoid having to lose.

.......Honestly, as I typed that last line I kinda thought of something. Siege hates the "griefer." Siege hated me. Siege hated [40]/A|B/REV/OTF and our predecessors because we cared not for the community and played this game to win AND grief the losers. Isn't it ironic, that Siege is now the "Griefer." By having these invite only pvp events they are essentially taking the fun out of the game for the LTW (Forsaken and the likes). Basically trying to grief them off the server?

I know your next point will be "well they deserve it." But who determines what is deserved. To me everyone deserved to be scammed, because they had no right owning items they had no clue how to use, nor a slight hunch about game mechanics. Does this mean Siege, and thus you Kelmo, are like me? A scammer who ruined others play (youre ruining forsaken's), who enjoyed pushing people to quit (I think I read people are quitting about this play date crap), and lastly who only enjoyed play when I was pissing other people off (Its obvious old school real pvpers are pissed about this).

I propose Kelmo = Arden = Griefer
/discuss

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI. I never hacked or scripted in pvp. I did use TreeStump mods, and easyuo looting for a bit but that is all. My scripts/hax/cheats were reserved for scamming.

As for "Those who like to play":
I think both of my categories fall into the one you suggest. If people didn't like playing they would quit. So I guess my groupings are based on the assumption that everyone who plays this game likes it. I bet the people who like winning and the people who hate losing like to play this game equally. They just choose to like different aspects of it. The winners like it when they win, and the people who hate losing, like it when they aren't losing.

Thus, the HTLs, schedule "pvp" play dates to avoid having to lose.

.......Honestly, as I typed that last line I kinda thought of something. Siege hates the "griefer." Siege hated me. Siege hated [40]/A|B/REV/OTF and our predecessors because we cared not for the community and played this game to win AND grief the losers. Isn't it ironic, that Siege is now the "Griefer." By having these invite only pvp events they are essentially taking the fun out of the game for the LTW (Forsaken and the likes). Basically trying to grief them off the server?

I know your next point will be "well they deserve it." But who determines what is deserved. To me everyone deserved to be scammed, because they had no right owning items they had no clue how to use, nor a slight hunch about game mechanics. Does this mean Siege, and thus you Kelmo, are like me? A scammer who ruined others play (youre ruining forsaken's), who enjoyed pushing people to quit (I think I read people are quitting about this play date crap), and lastly who only enjoyed play when I was pissing other people off (Its obvious old school real pvpers are pissed about this).

I propose Kelmo = Arden = Griefer
/discuss
QFTx4...

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They hate to lose, yet give no effort to get better, or they resort to lame tactics that often fail.

Now they've completely given the shard to our guild. We have no fear of a raid, no PvP, no anything.

On top of all this, these are the people that call people like myself trammies due to gear, when they're having a no loot war with artied suits! Then after some of the guild broke down and adjusted to they're rules, they still wouldn't fight us.

This shard has been a complete waste of my money and time since I came back.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Arden. Sorry bud. A self professed cheater will never compare. QZ might be able to kick my ass PvP style. But she does not cheat...

How can you ever claim to win and cheat in the same sentence? That is kind of sad... You even claim to have been some one here?

Do not ever compare your self to me. I may suck... I have never cheated.

E

Elmer Fudd

Coming from the guy who never was anything on this shard....lol
Truth had to be spoken, and Im sorry your the the type thats to scared to ever loose anything goodguy, your just pissed cause you want to be part of the first group but never could...lol

Arden should have made a third group for your type of coward behavior, you were the king of coward in TnT....lol
Yea ok!:loser:

E

Elmer Fudd

Arden. Sorry bud. A self professed cheater will never compare. QZ might be able to kick my ass PvP style. But she does not cheat...

How can you ever claim to win and cheat in the same sentence? That is kind of sad... You even claim to have been some one here?

Insert------------------------------------------> Soap Box Here ( )

B

Black magick

So kelmo... disagree with people playing their game? Even if the person cheats occasionally?

B

Black magick

Why does it matter so much if someone cheats? Its a game, ever heard of "cheat codes"?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Why does it matter so much if someone cheats? Its a game, ever heard of "cheat codes"?
Yes. I have. Cheating yourself in a solo game is one thing. You can cheat at solitaire and no one will care. You only cheat yourself.

A

Arden

I don't claim to be anyone. Anyone who played when I did knew me and hated losing to me. Your self included. You may not like me, but you remember me. Honestly, I have no clue who QZ even is, let alone compare myself to him/her/it.

I don't call using Treestump cheating, even Wow, allows mods that change how you view the world. It didn't make me faster, cast quicker, or do any more dmg. It just made my trees look different. If that is cheating, what do you call the athletes who wear tinted contacts to better so objects/balls etc? Cheaters? Would you consider Lebron James a cheater?

Lastly, dont tell me for one ****ing second you didn't run easyuo at least one time. I have heard many a times that you used it. Same with Patty Pickaxe and all the crafters on this server. I do not honestly believe that you sat at your computer clicking "Make Last" over and over and over again. Anyone who believes that is crazy. In fact Id like you to state:

"I Kelmo and my crafter buddies have been 100% attended for every single item I have ever crafted in my Ultima Online career. If I am lying, I wish myself a horrible life, filled with pain and torment"

(kinda harsh but I dont know what else to say lol)

BTW - In before the lock, b.c anytime a topic goes towards the idea that you may be a liar gets locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.