[Magery] Come on somebody! It's in a thread...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

gramarye

...someone must be able either to confirm or deny - SDI bonus using regs?

G

gramarye

As I thought. Just... in the thread below - LRC versus Regs.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
small damage bonus for burning regs. You can confirm this in the large number of high end pvp duelists who use regs as a means of gaining an extra edge.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 6, 2008
LOLAZYTOWN
nah most "high end duelists" have a dueling suit that isn't 100lrc so they can crazy on the other other stats.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Given how often stratics updates their UO content, just because it is on a webpage doesn't make it fact:coco:

If a dev makes a post post it, then I'd almost take it as truth:thumbsup:

Maybe a better place to search would be UOs website
Kind of sad of you to say that to the person who has been updating all the content on a daily basis....so "given how often" would be...daily....

Also, what you read on stratics forums was never tossed around as an idea by the dev team. So...it would not be anywhere on the UO website.

G

Gellor

Cloak‡1314210 said:
Kind of sad of you to say that to the person who has been updating all the content on a daily basis....so "given how often" would be...daily....
What is sad is you are debating that not everything on stratics is up to date and not even remotely close. And the "updating content" is something that has only recently come about.

I applaud the person updating information here but it still doesn't change that a lot of stuff is VERY out of date:coco: A prime example would be factions... seems somethings are not there(I just picked this example because I was recently looking for info on faction items):thumbsup:

Stratics is doing the best they can and I don't fault them especially when publishes come out. Stratics is a good source of info but can't be relied upon to be 100% fact.

Cloak‡1314210 said:
Also, what you read on stratics forums was never tossed around as an idea by the dev team. So...it would not be anywhere on the UO website.
I never claimed I read it here... just that UOStratics isn't the end all and be all of UO. And that I'd take information given on UO's website or posted on the forums BY A DEV as gospel over most things on the Stratics website. If it isn't by either of those two sources, it is all conjecture by players so it may or may not be true.

Also, searching UOs website is a very inexact science... more often than not, I have failed to find something there. And the same goes for Stratics forums although the Stratics issue is based on word size limit and some wonderful spelling errors:next:

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 17, 2008
squeezepagegraphics.com
...someone must be able either to confirm or deny - SDI bonus using regs?

This was suppose to have been put in the last PvP publish. Either Pub 42 or 43. It was implemented on test center. It is not in the the Publish release notes.

Now stating this. This does not mean it is not currently implemented. The fact is there are many changes and additions often omitted , overlooked and published.

However what happens is that most players take the Publish release notes on blind faith and adjust their characters accordingly.

Here are a few examples

Now this first one is a bug, but please bear with me.
Publish 18 - UO:R Parry - You will now be able to block blows with weapons at 50% of your parry skill.

Now nobody really noticed this till the time SE was released. At the time if you were a samurai, you couldn't block or evade. This issue was fixed right before ML.

The 80 dex requirement for parry posted in Publish 25. Between SE and ML this requirement was silently taken out to balance out the mess with the machine gun archers, however MRTact I believe re enabled it sometime after ML.

So with that, the only sure way is to test it.

As posted by others in this thread of Duelist using Regs and using a suit to max out properties, the logic isn't there.

As a duelist most would have 100-120 med, 100-150 Int, a hat of the Magi, and a few MR in their suit. SDI isn't much of the issue. It is easily maxed out for PvP. When you duel you are using low end spells to disrupt and damage. So there might be something to this if people are using regs in duels.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Trinsic, LS
So with that, the only sure way is to test it.
I doubt it was ever implemented. You would be able to find alot of posts about an SDI increase if it was. If anyone wants to test it out, let me know (I can bring a target).

Stayin Alive,

BG