• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Collections enhancement

W

Wiseguy

So with the extreme popularity of the various collections that have been implemented over time, it is easy to see the following. Perhaps they can be incorporated on an ongoing basis to sustain a game over many years.

1. Items build up and people need to get rid of them somehow especially stuff that the NPC vendors do not buy back.
2. People love turning in stuff for things however it takes a while to create new items
3. New items eventually turn stale
4. People like looking forward to something different and to have an end to something as well

So I would like to suggest that we keep the collections and rotate the turn in item and the rewards but lower the number of choices offered in a given month. For example, July will be doom arties turn in and virtue tiles for redemption. August can be event items and redeem for knight armor. If you miss it, you may need to wait 4 months for the choices to come again.

This encourage people to change what they play in a given month in order to collect the items. As it rotates, people go back to enjoying old areas from time to time.

T

T_Amon_from_work

So with the extreme popularity of the various collections that have been implemented over time, it is easy to see the following. Perhaps they can be incorporated on an ongoing basis to sustain a game over many years.

1. Items build up and people need to get rid of them somehow especially stuff that the NPC vendors do not buy back.
2. People love turning in stuff for things however it takes a while to create new items
3. New items eventually turn stale
4. People like looking forward to something different and to have an end to something as well

So I would like to suggest that we keep the collections and rotate the turn in item and the rewards but lower the number of choices offered in a given month. For example, July will be doom arties turn in and virtue tiles for redemption. August can be event items and redeem for knight armor. If you miss it, you may need to wait 4 months for the choices to come again.

This encourage people to change what they play in a given month in order to collect the items. As it rotates, people go back to enjoying old areas from time to time.
I certainly would have loved to put the scales and spyglasses in a collection from my Tinker training ... rather than a) trashing them and b) losing all the ingots that went into them (no recycle/smelt options)

L

LadyArden

There are Elven quests now you can turn in things like the spyglasses for a reward. It takes 20 spyglasses at a time, so I turn 'em in there rather than throwing them away. It's at least a chance at some good reward item. Cheers!

D

DarkScripture

I agree that NEW content is a must for Online game to stay alive. I find UO does lack at times for new content. I big issue I have with them added things the way they do is when something new is added often it takes years to correct any bugs related to those changes. BUGS should be fixed when they appear not allow them to run for 12 months and lose players that would other wise help keep the game alive yet longer.
To keep me paying then I want something new to do. I beat most stand alone games in 2-5 days and thus moved to online gaming as my new fix. UO has done well till of late. Bugs are left run stay sometimes years. Scripter are ruining our economy. Patches are weeks late. New content is so..... very slow, It's almost as if they wait to see who will pay to wait the longest. "See they paid and we gave them nothing new. They can wait and pay a bit longer." Grrrr

And getting better and stronger is the point of fun for most players.. Hell I would not play to lose everytime, thus why PvP & 1 hit deaths have ruined that fun.

If they allow us to turn in the items was trained and made to be stronger and have fun, waste of time and space in collection would be much less.
Items need a use. Not so much in PvP, gesh we know not to add more kill-joy super weapons, but in the, "Hey I could USE one of those." type responces. Lets go do whatever it takes and have one.. Right?!?!
I for one like the clean up & turn in ideas. I think some types of turn-ins should be be here to stay. Where other types should be apon request like the book of truth.. They needed a; book they found the book; now no need for the old books. EVEN thought I have 50 or so left over I can understand the reason for the limitation. We need more stuff like this with USABLE items

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always finish up tinkering by doing spyglasses and selling them to a ship builder, 50 or so at a time, using the UO Assist hot sell bag option. You get very little gold for them, but it's a lot easier than dropping bags of junk all over.

D

DarkScripture

I think by offering items with no skill points but desirable to be used; it brings players that want those items to HAVE REAL SKILL or suffer. Like those jewlery sets. Nice items..No doom running and best of all they lack skill points. Anyone using these items limit themselves to not being able to have on skill type jews instead, In effect causing more players to have real skill to be at your best while using these.

D

DarkScripture

Good Usable items don't have to be weapons after all.

F

Fink

I think by offering items with no skill points but desirable to be used; it brings players that want those items to HAVE REAL SKILL or suffer. Like those jewlery sets. Nice items..No doom running and best of all they lack skill points. Anyone using these items limit themselves to not being able to have on skill type jews instead, In effect causing more players to have real skill to be at your best while using these.
I see where you're coming from, but UO is a game of items now.

Skill properties on wearables are there to be used, just as other properties are. For example, Mana Regen. Armours come with MR on them, fulfilling the MR purpose of the skills Focus and Meditation, plus the Necro abilities Lich form and shadow wisp familiar. Having a max MR suit and no real skill doesn't mean you're not "at your best", just means perhaps you've put more thought into it than simply 7xGM'ing your skills.

T

Thrand Graywolf

I see where you're coming from, but UO is a game of items now.
It always was. Not to the extent it is now...but pre-AOS, items DID matter. You could survive on crafted stuff, but you wouldn't do as well as someone with invulnerable armor and vanquishing weapons.

AOS didn't turn UO into an item game...it just drastically increased the options, and unfortunately, for awhile anyway, made it a lot harder to get the good stuff...which made the gap between the haves and have nots way too wide.

If we'd had the Doom drop system and crafting changes we have now when AOS first came out...there probably would have been less complaining.

D

DarkScripture

I see that any item that allows you to replace skills, should be heavily reconsidered before release. Yet New items flux into the game is a must. We need usable items that have little or no impact on PvP till we can one day in the far future get a publish on rebalance.

L

Lord Kynd

yah nothing like seeing a bunch of jewlry tamers