• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Transfer Discussions

C

Connor_Graham

The just need to get rid of shard transfers altogether. Give everyone a 30 day notice, then once the 30 days is up, no more transfers. That would at least end one of the largest duping tools available and leave each shard's economy to itself instead of having other shards influencing it.

S

Scratch

i have three chars to move atm been waiting three weeks now
be great to have a thirty day period in which to move then they can delete the whole system i dont care
just let my guys get to their home shards first

B

Balian of Asgard

"How do I make my resists go back to normal after I cast Protection, Magic Reflection, or Reactive Armor?"

The vets will probably skip past this one, but QA has been getting quite a few bug reports spurred by these spells - it seems like people don't quite understand how they work. Which is fair, because they're the only spells in the game that work the way they do, and it's easy to forget when you have one on.

These three spells are "toggle" spells, meaning that casting them is like flipping a switch - it turns the effect on, or turns it off. The effect lasts through death and even through logging off. If you notice your resists are altered and you can't tell why, check the descriptions of the spells (see the links above) and figure out which spell is in effect. Then cast the spell on yourself again - or use a scroll, or get a friend to do it if you need to. That will turn the spell back off and your resists will go back to normal.

One thing to watch out for is Arch Protection - it's the same as Protection, but it can be cast on all party members in a certain radius, so it's easy to have it cast on you accidentally if you spend time partied with mages. Casting regular Protection should turn it off, though.

--

"When are Character Transfers going to be re-enabled?"

I don't have an ETA yet on this but I wanted to make sure y'all knew we're still actively working on it. Hang in there!

--

Account Age Update:

The issue that was preventing people's accounts from updating properly should have been resolved. If you still seem to be showing the incorrect age (and you've waited about 3-5 days for a given character to sync properly) let me know!

--

Now Hiring!

We're looking for someone to be our new Associate Game Designer. Here's the job description and requirements:

Main responsibilities: contribute significantly to game fiction, manage events, balance gameplay, and develop content using proprietary scripting tools.

Understanding and or knowledge of Ultima Online game mechanics, history, and community interaction a definite plus.
Experience as a Game Master, Counselor, Seer, or Event Moderator for Ultima Online a bonus.
2+ years experience playing Ultima Online

* Position requires dependable and relevant inputs to current state of the game, as well as contributing to future development of the game experience

Gives inputs to other members of the team to enhance gameplay for the current subscriber base

Due to the demanding scripting system surrounding Ultima Online, the designer must have expansive knowledge of scripting languages and have the ability to produce samples of work using similar tools.
Level editing experience and module creation using open source gaming engines (Infinity, Unreal 2.5 or 3, Doom, Source, Aurora Toolset).
Background or exposure to game development processes in the industry
Essential to have experience working in small teams of 4-6 people.
3DS Max experience preferred
2+ years in the game industry and/or gaming school preferred
Can demonstrate understanding of game design concepts to include flow, decision making, engaging storyline, and integration of art and sound

If you're interested in (and qualified for) this position, please send your resume to jdalberg AT ea DOT com and I'll put it in the right hands right away!

--

What's To Come:

If you haven't aided the kingdom in investigating the dastardly doings at the castle, please do so! In other news, we're preparing for the Town Hall next week and working on other, more nefarious plans...

--

Town Hall News:

The San Diego Town Hall is next week! Check out the details here and please do RSVP if you haven't yet so we don't run out of chips and dip! Leurocian and I can't wait to see you all!

V

Vyal

I really would like to know when transfers will be up, and the UO word is "soon"... Well to me that doesn't help. That could mean a month or two months or a year.

Please give a date to when these transfers will be back up, I need to know if I should start farming items on another shard or wait BUT I don't want to wait a year.

W

Wallenstein

In case anyone hasn't seen, the transfer servers are back up :)

T

The Home Guild

The just need to get rid of shard transfers altogether. Give everyone a 30 day notice, then once the 30 days is up, no more transfers. That would at least end one of the largest duping tools available and leave each shard's economy to itself instead of having other shards influencing it.
would love to see that.