• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Transfer Discussions

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now it's not available. But noone know when they will restore it? Not the exact day but about if it takes a week or more? :confused:
Thanks

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's this make, topic #4? HAVE SOME PATIENCE. Being patient and letting the Devs fix the duping is more important than you all being able to transfer to sell stuff or transfer back to your home shard.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's this make, topic #4? HAVE SOME PATIENCE. Being patient and letting the Devs fix the duping is more important than you all being able to transfer to sell stuff or transfer back to your home shard.
I HAVE PATIENCE, my dear.
But, for a my fault i've missed a chest who contained all the weapons for my archer and my fencer. I have other weapons in another shard, than i NEED to make a transfer. I can't spend millions to buy the weapons missed. So, with kindness, i've made the post. Because i've not been playing, now.
I know that there's some problems but i've only asked if someone, WITH MY SAME KINDNESS, knew something about the time.
Take care

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They proboably have it down so that people wont be going to origin and buying the new turn in rewards then xfering them back to sell for outragious amounts, untill we all get the updates probably.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They proboably have it down so that people wont be going to origin and buying the new turn in rewards then xfering them back to sell for outragious amounts, untill we all get the updates probably.
Nay that is not the case for even if transfers were enabled, one may not transfer to a Shard that is on a different publish than the Shard one is transferring from. Both shards must be running the same publish (this has been in place since day 1 of transfers to keep from happening what you proposed might happen).

So, at the very least, transfers to and from Origin will have to wait until all the Shards are running the same publish.

Also: One may not transfer to or from Siege Perilous Ruleset Shards (or Test Center for that matter, but that is a given).

S

Solikos

Me too! Me too!

I demand free character transfer with all skills and items from Test to Siege.

:sad2:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is there 20-25 of the same post!!! asking for shard x transfers!!!.....cant we keep it to one single post??? Is it me or they seem very very popular??? makes me wonder why??? does everyone just keep hoping shard to shard for the fun of it???

Anyways its been said b4 and iam sure it will be said again

There is a active dupe at the moment..a new dupe that most beleive involves the xshard process..hence that whay the popular belief is why its been taken down....and hopefully it will stay down untill the duping bug is finally sorted!!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP, sorry but i havn't seen the other posts :(
About me, i've been playing both on Europa and Catskills and sometimes i need to transfer a char or some important items. That's the reason that i need a transfer. In this case i've missed some important items on Catskills and i needed to tranfer that items form Europa. Not for a simple joke....
To know when the transfer would be avaible again is important, for me.
Obiouvlsy it's more important the duping problems ;)

For the moderator. Is it possible to stick this post? So that all can see it and don't make another post, like i've made? :(

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the moderator. Is it possible to stick this post? So that all can see it and don't make another post, like i've made? :(
Great idea! How about instead of adding to the stickies (we're starting to get a lot), I just merge this into an existent announcement sticky and rename the subject? *winks*

There, done.

Thank you! *smiles*

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoops! Someone should have poked me, didn't realise I left this thread locked after merging! My Apologies!

Topic here is about the Character Transfer stuff. Stay civil please.

Cheers! :beer:

Edit: This sparked me into further looking into the sticky situation to make room for the temporary stickying of hot topics.

Suggestions welcome, but send them in pm please to keep the discussion here on topic.

Thanks! Cheers again! :beer:

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, we still love ya.

:blushing:

Oh yeah, since this is now sticky and on it's own, the following should be noted here, just so no one is like, "what are you talking about?"
Character Transfers Unavailable
by Jeremy Dalberg on 30 Jun 2008 17:07:36
"Character transfers are currently unavailable for maintenance. There is no ETA at the moment, but we will make an announcement when they become available again."

B

butthead owns

i hope they never do i hate the fact u can go to an asain shard where there are real gms that hold event then transfer the item to my shard killing the economic setting kill all trafers if u ask me or find real gms to hold events on every shard with same items so there is no speacil shard to get these items from thus makeing one shard better than the other

E

Elbryan Uthador

i hope they never do i hate the fact u can go to an asain shard where there are real gms that hold event then transfer the item to my shard killing the economic setting kill all trafers if u ask me or find real gms to hold events on every shard with same items so there is no speacil shard to get these items from thus makeing one shard better than the other
They are not GMs they are Seers. Please get your facts straight before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have today.

T

TekNik

I disagree. Duping makes items cheap for me. So dupers dupe on!

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Transfers were a bad idea from day one. They robbed some shards of certain rares, helped collapse the UO economy as a whole, enabled zerg invasions, and in general have done nothing good for the game. If someone wants to go to another shard they should work a char up there.

I disagree. Duping makes items cheap for me. So dupers dupe on!
I hope you are kidding because if you're not you are part of the problem.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a window is broken, you take it down and fix it as soon as possible...

You don't take it down and let it sit for weeks until you get a smaller window & tell yourself it'll be ok.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can imagine, that character transfer was taken down intentionally, due to the duping exploits that were done with the help of character transfer. I have hopes that EA is working on a patch stopping these kinds of exploits. So let's look to the future optimistically!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone at EA give us a rough eta. 1 week, 2 weeks?!?!?! I got the remainder of my paladins suit on Atl and want to get it to Sonoma. Any response from a dev appreciated.

J

jelinidas

I'll bet a small pile of gold that when all this spring clean up is finished you will see X-fers happen again.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YUP ...

[Update]..

Shard xtransfers have been suspended indefinate untill the duping bug is fixed

[End]..

V

Visolara16

Yeah I haven't played since they've gone down because I was just in the middle of X-ferring all my characters to a new shard. lame :(

L

Luna Lagger

How Long It Take Them What The ****a ****ing Hell I Want X Fer Up ****, At Least An Eta Ffs ****

W

Wallenstein

Perhaps they're trying to prevent people from transferring turn-in points? People could do the Melissa event on seven characters on every server, along with other things to obtain turn-in points, and transfer them all to one server and absolutely milk the collector. Millions of points, millions.. Who knows.. and about the duping bug-- where did EA say this was the reason transfers were being taken down? I've heard nothing about it. :link:

B

blust4

Perhaps they're trying to prevent people from transferring turn-in points? People could do the Melissa event on seven characters on every server, along with other things to obtain turn-in points, and transfer them all to one server and absolutely milk the collector. Millions of points, millions.. Who knows.. and about the duping bug-- where did EA say this was the reason transfers were being taken down? I've heard nothing about it. :link:
A transfer token is 15m. I can't imagine people will pay 15m just to transfer 7 tickets.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually It would be 2 tickets per char if they do both parts. Plus every 7 days they could delete char and do it over again. So if they did that for 3 weeks it would be 7 chars * 2 tickets per char * 3 weeks = 42 tickets * 25k per ticket = 1,050,000 points per account. Multiply that by # of accounts, plus they may join in with multiple people to split the cost of the token and after a while your talking about some serious points.

Of course they could always make deals with people, where if they make dummy chars on your home shard in exchange for you doing the same on theirs and then just swapping tickets, then start multiplying that by the number of shards and accounts, you can really start racking up points. What is there 26 shards? So if you make your deals on 25 other shards and start swapping points. Lets just assume that you only have the 6th char slot (6 chars * 2 tickets per char = 12 * 25 shards (not counting your home shard) = 300 tickets * 25,000 = 7,500,000 points per week.

To expand a little further...I have 4 accounts so if I did this for all accounts on all shards that would add up to 30 mill points per week. Points are selling for around 100 per point in Luna on Atlantic, so if I were to sell mine at say 50 per point and was able to sell them all, then at the end of week 1, I would have 1,500,000,000 gold. All this with zero cost in insurance and the only cost being greater explosion pots. Not to mention the 150 cloaks to sell.

L

love2winalot

Who the hell cares? If can not sell transfer tokens, and then at the same time, say, oh, you can't use them, thanks a lot sucker........

But what if 100,000 points, and 5 million gold end up on sonoma that was not suppost to, why it could ruin the whole damn economy.....:lick:

T

Trammelite2000

Im all for fixing bugs and puttin dupers where they belong but it would be nice to be kept informed because I, like alot more people where in the middle of a transfer when they went down. Anyway still lovin the game even though the hackers make it hard sometimes but hey they will have there day :)

N

Nvnter

I aggree.

I am a Manager for a major retailer and if we offered a service, took the customers money and then didnt perform the service I would be handling angry customers all day long.

I purhased a transfer with cash to move a Char from Chessie. A legitimate transfer (no duping/trade in points) I shopped for 2 players who payed me gold to pick up items that just arent readily available on Legends. Plus I wanted to use this char to place a house. I am glad I started a new char on Legends for placement since the 15 day wait is over tomorrow. 2 weeks and no updates......horrible customer service and unlike my retailer....no refund:twak:

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we just get an official post by somebody to tell us EXACTLY what transfers are down for. That way we can make an educated guess as to of when they will be back up?

L

Luna Lagger

EA are ****ing usless cant they just get someone to give us some idea.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C'mon guys and EA Mythic. Give us some kind of news, anything...tell me I wasted $60 bucks in buying xfer tokens from the web site (which I expect refunds)... ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it fraud to sell a service that doesn't exist? Because the web site sure takes your money for xfer tokens still.

B

Biske

Actually It would be 2 tickets per char if they do both parts. Plus every 7 days they could delete char and do it over again. So if they did that for 3 weeks it would be 7 chars * 2 tickets per char * 3 weeks = 42 tickets * 25k per ticket = 1,050,000 points per account. Multiply that by # of accounts, plus they may join in with multiple people to split the cost of the token and after a while your talking about some serious points.

Of course they could always make deals with people, where if they make dummy chars on your home shard in exchange for you doing the same on theirs and then just swapping tickets, then start multiplying that by the number of shards and accounts, you can really start racking up points. What is there 26 shards? So if you make your deals on 25 other shards and start swapping points. Lets just assume that you only have the 6th char slot (6 chars * 2 tickets per char = 12 * 25 shards (not counting your home shard) = 300 tickets * 25,000 = 7,500,000 points per week.

To expand a little further...I have 4 accounts so if I did this for all accounts on all shards that would add up to 30 mill points per week. Points are selling for around 100 per point in Luna on Atlantic, so if I were to sell mine at say 50 per point and was able to sell them all, then at the end of week 1, I would have 1,500,000,000 gold. All this with zero cost in insurance and the only cost being greater explosion pots. Not to mention the 150 cloaks to sell.
I was about to bother with posting the dozens of reason why this idea is stupid... But I decided it just wasn't worth it.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sooo.. you paid for a promised service, they took your money, and now aren't giving you the service. how come people aren't threatening, dare i say, to sue?

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sooo.. you paid for a promised service, they took your money, and now aren't giving you the service. how come people aren't threatening, dare i say, to sue?
That is a good point. The hundreads of people that I am sure paid cash for these transfer tokens aren't able to use this service. Yes we all know theres obviosuly a problem there working on but, E.A. isn't even letting us have a clue whats going on with it. All though it would be a pain in the ass to make a law suit. It's quite possible.

T

The Home Guild

Quit your crying.
They will be up as soon as the dupe/fix is completed.
If you bought tokens while transfer been down then that is your fault and you have to wait till everything is fixed.
I don't see the issue,people pancake because dupes and bugs and the dev team is working on it as fast as possible and you still complain.
Let them do thier job and continue on playing the game you say you love

Sorry to sound like an ass but it gets old reading posts eachday of the same nature.

Thanks.

L

Luna Lagger

Dont come in the stickied char transfer discussion thread, you know what to expect

W

wee papa smurf

C'mon guys and EA Mythic. Give us some kind of news, anything...tell me I wasted $60 bucks in buying xfer tokens from the web site (which I expect refunds)... ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it fraud to sell a service that doesn't exist? Because the web site sure takes your money for xfer tokens still.
that is a good point :wall: i bought 4 tokens before the servers went down, used 2 and then the servers went down now im waitin to xfer my other 2 chars.

Would be nice of someone to give us a little bit of news :thumbsup:

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see you sue EA, Soulweaver. That would be hilarious considering you would be the one getting in big trouble.

L

love2winalot

quote: "If you bought tokens while transfer been down then that is your fault and you have to wait till everything is fixed"....end quote

Hiya, but NO it is not. If you log into uo main site, there is nothing on the main page that says the service is down. More importantly, if you log into power up, and attemp to buy a transfer token, IT WILL LET YOU. There is nothing on that page that says the service is down.

EA has never said a dupe bug was why the service was taken down. They never said how long it will be down. Could be a week or so, or it could be months, or even a year.

I am going to sell my Castle for real cash. After you buy it, i will say i can not log in to transfer it to you because my ISP is down, or i have a PC virus, or i will just tell you to wait because of some unknow proabelm. Would you just wait?

How hard is it to log into their web site tools and make the service unavailable so it is not possible to buy a token until it is fixed? :mad:

T

The Home Guild

Demand, Demand,Demand,i want this,i want that...nothing is ever good enough.Give me free items,quests,artis,loot wah wah wah and after you do that let me complain cause i want more.

When the devs are ready they will post is all i'm saying

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Demand, Demand,Demand,i want this,i want that...nothing is ever good enough.Give me free items,quests,artis,loot wah wah wah and after you do that let me complain cause i want more.

When the devs are ready they will post is all i'm saying
I remember you that we are glad to know some news, when there are problems. With kindness :)
Noone has forced you to read this post if you didn't like it. And you CAN'T answer offending all that are interested in the char transfer question.
Take care

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thomas is right though. Suing EA for bringing down transfers for maintenance is a joke lol.

This said, dupe fix or not, the character transfer service remains the most popular and used service offered.

EA should post updates on the situations or to the very least an estimated down time (if they have any).

T

The Home Guild

THIS IS AGREED.
however as vets in the past know.......they always have closed down the service so they can get a grip on the duping issue at hand. So they can correct the issue and we can all go back to living our uo lives.

If you can't play UO cause you're waiting on a fix.. then i think you're playing the wrong game.There is many other things you can be doing irl or in game till the fix is adjusted. Sorry some of you feel different.

I'm speaking my opinion as many of you do as well.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see you sue EA, Soulweaver. That would be hilarious considering you would be the one getting in big trouble.
Did I say I wanted to at all? I dont even buy transfer tokens... Im just saying people do buy tokens for cash the least they can do is keep them updated... or hell i dont know if they have or havent yet but take down the option to buy transfer tokens for now till it is fixed. Im sure not everyone reads the Uo News.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did I say I wanted to at all? I dont even buy transfer tokens... Im just saying people do buy tokens for cash the least they can do is keep them updated... or hell i dont know if they have or havent yet but take down the option to buy transfer tokens for now till it is fixed. Im sure not everyone reads the Uo News.

All UO items are buyer beware!

S

Sarphus

I want char xfers to be opened back up. I have one more char and a bunch of stuff to xfer from one shard to the shard I have been playing on.