• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champ Spawn Pub 58 Fixes and Q&A

T

Tasslehoff

you guys who cry and say you can't compete in fel because of cheats are just being little cry babies...guess what i don't run any programs or cheats and have np killing other players.i only go to trammel to buy something that i can't get in fel.you do realize that some people have all reds except for a crafter to buy things for them in trammel.basically this is people in trammel crying i want no risk and all reward being in fel and the people in fel saying u guys get spoiled enough.you guys don't get how easy you got it these days it used to be fel only and i never saw this much crying about stuff added.you should all be glad they EVEN GAVE YOU ANYTHING IN TRAMMEL/ISH IN REGARDS TO SPAWNS.so stop complaining sheesh.i play prob the biggest shard on uo atl and the small guilds pull spawns off all the time.if you try and spawn at prime time then that's ur fault for not being smart enough to do spawns before everyone gets on.btw great job sak we miss fighting against you or with you when i was in cyn

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I reviewed the code, none of the champions had the "no paragon" check on them. I saw no evidence that it was actually being handled elsewhere in one of the multiple scripts that govern champ spawns. But to address your main concern, no "unintended consequences" could come of it as this is simply adding a check preventing the paragon script from attaching to unique creatures. So even if there was another check done elsewhere, it will simply be reinforced.
Thank you.

-Galen's player

C

CatLord

3. How do I get Powerscrolls?

You must do sufficient damage to the champ to have a chance of receiving a Powerscroll. You do not need to have worked the spawn at all. Protectors receive a random Powerscroll each time someone under their protection receives one as well. Note that the protector must be within range of the protected player. Parking the protector halfway across the world for safety no longer works. You also have a chance of receiving a 105 each time you kill a creature while leveling the spawn.

The bug which allowed players to receive Powerscrolls for simply working the spawn has been fixed and will be in Pub 58.

I pvp, I raid, I spawn... do you see the aftershock of this change?

Right now the system is FAIR... folk do the spawn, there is a battle over it... and the winners get SOME scrolls... the losers get SOME scrolls.

With this change... all comes back to the old raid/cam system...
Meaning:
- Wait for last level and champ... run in, destroy and take ALL scrolls.

Spawners get nothing... Raiders get it all.

Just pointing a possible flaw in your logic...

Safe Gaming.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please could you define:
the protector must be within range of the protected player.
Does that mean 'within the champ spawn area' or something more specific? If it means 'on the same screen' it's going to cause problems, very hard for a protector to be on the same screen if protecting several different people.

R

rwek

You know what I always find so funny. A lot of the tram players die 30 times at a champ because they aren't very good. But the idea of them going to fell and risking one or two deaths to a Red is something they won't even think about.

Always puzzles me.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what I always find so funny. A lot of the tram players die 30 times at a champ because they aren't very good. But the idea of them going to fell and risking one or two deaths to a Red is something they won't even think about.

Always puzzles me.
This is exactly why you, several members of the Development team and a lot of PVP'ers will never understand the players that don't PVP. It's not a fear of death, it's that most PVM'ers, just don't like PVP. They don't like the entire concept and will leave the game rather than be forced to be a part of that. You can make fun of them if you like, but they're not worried about what you think of them or the names you call them. (perhaps this is a part of the PVP experiense that they don't care for) No amount of bait to get them into Fel is going to change that.

Just one man's opinion, take it for what it's worth.

:scholar:
Ken

G

Gellor

Please could you define:

Does that mean 'within the champ spawn area' or something more specific? If it means 'on the same screen' it's going to cause problems, very hard for a protector to be on the same screen if protecting several different people.
Last I know... 90 tiles.
Any dev care to confirm or deny this info?

The system in place for scrolls currently is broke. It is blatantly obvious if you look at the current tactic for "doing" champ spawns: work the spawn up to 3rd level and then run off to hide in the dungeon waiting for a free scroll.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please could you define:

The protector must be within 90 tiles of the players he protects to receive dubs.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pvp, I raid, I spawn... do you see the aftershock of this change?

Right now the system is FAIR... folk do the spawn, there is a battle over it... and the winners get SOME scrolls... the losers get SOME scrolls.

With this change... all comes back to the old raid/cam system...
Meaning:
- Wait for last level and champ... run in, destroy and take ALL scrolls.

Spawners get nothing... Raiders get it all.

Just pointing a possible flaw in your logic...

Safe Gaming.
Bingo!

The system in place for scrolls currently is broke. It is blatantly obvious if you look at the current tactic for "doing" champ spawns: work the spawn up to 3rd level and then run off to hide in the dungeon waiting for a free scroll.
They don't run off they get chased off...gimme a break. No one works a spawn to tier 3 undisturbed and then willing leaves the champion spawn...not unless they're clairvoyant.

Waiting for a 'free' scroll after they worked the spawn to tier 3? Huh?

Absolute madness...

The risk vs. reward argument by suppporters of Damage Boss only to receive power scrolls is totally fallacious. What risk are you talking about?

The majority of players could care less about losing insurance money or the humility of getting killed by another player and hearing "I PWN YoU!". What risk is there with insurance and gold virtually worthless. About 100k gold get left at probably half of the completed spawns.

What anyone with an iota of common sense doesn't want to do is spend 30-60 minutes working toward a goal "Powerscroll" and not have a chance to reach this goal.

It's about TIME. The most precious commodity there is...

So the only risk there is personal time spent. Whereas the raiders reap the rewards of the time spent by those who worked the spawn and they're the ones who in fact don't risk anything.

There's nothing fair about it and there's no argument in the world that's going to convince me why one facet should have something another facet doesn't.

Feluccan's risk nothing. Gold from insurance, Pride, Dirtnap that pales in comparison to one's personal time.

And way before there ever was Champion Spawns there was plenty of PvP Action. The only thing that has stifled PvP is the constant changes and tweaks that has left the PvP system a shadow of it's former self.

Catlord pointed out in laymen's terms why it's utter BS. Will it fall on deaf ears?

Sure looks that way...

G

Gellor

Madrid,
I'm not going to do all the work for you... do a search on stratics and you will heard more than one report of what I said.

That isn't to say that some get chased off. But the new way to "spawn" is work spawn up to third level, leave someone to watch that spawn to see if anyone comes to work it, and then make sure the chars working the spawn to level three are somewhere nearby when someone does finish it up:scholar:

To me, that technique is as bad if not worse than what the "champ" guilds are doing. At least the raiding guild is "working" for their scrolls:eek:

M

Maggie

Are the 90 tiles in range of the monster killed or the character who receives scroll? It could be different.

Is there any thought on making a 90 tile radius type thing for the replicas? Maybe I missed it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maggie - that's been in since day one of the replicas.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Always puzzles me.
This is exactly why you, several members of the Development team and a lot of PVP'ers will never understand the players that don't PVP. It's not a fear of death, it's that most PVM'ers, just don't like PVP. They don't like the entire concept and will leave the game rather than be forced to be a part of that. You can make fun of them if you like, but they're not worried about what you think of them or the names you call them. (perhaps this is a part of the PVP experiense that they don't care for) No amount of bait to get them into Fel is going to change that.

Just one man's opinion, take it for what it's worth.

:scholar:
Ken
QFT

To use a set of analogies...

There are lot more people willing to spar, or even really fight in a ring, than go into an area where they could get randomly attacked.

Hunters are willing to risk the low chance of friendly fire or an enraged animal, to go out hunting - but only the psychopaths among them would do so, if the hunting license included a waiver that any other hunter could hunt YOU while hunting the creature (or even stepping out of your car, before getting your gun case from the trunk), with no legal repercussions. In fact, the psychopaths would hike up and be staking out the parking areas, and not hunting the animals at all.

M

Maggie

Basara

I ve been in tunnels to delucia and gotten a replica before. That is not the same as 90 tiles. I dont even know which champ it came from cause I worked them all for sots. Marble, CoD, Damwin, Tortoise and Ice. I dont think that is how it should be.

C

CatLord

Correct... you can hide in any dungeon in the subserver and still get the powerscrolls.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same goes for replicas. You can wither 40 random things in every spawn in T2A & dungeons and then go afk somewhere on the subserver safe, like wind probably. When others complete that spawn you get a chance for your replica, it's happened to me.

As far as people crying about reverting powerscrolls back to the way they were they also forgot about trial accounts being changed, along with additional changes to prevent such tactics. If players don't have their automated systems for scouting spawns, most likely they won't be doing it at all unless they're bored. There's no reason for the current broken system that gives players a guaranteed reward for doing something that they didn't even complete (IE; kill champion). Right now it messes up a LOT of things. For example scrolls go missing on harrowers/champs if someone who damaged it logs off or switches characters at times. Replicas sometimes drop to the ground and get stuck there, etc.

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Sakkarah. (Still the only one to this day who said the name correct!)

You never ICQ me anymore.

G

Green Meanie

I didnt read everyones replie and if this has been said forgive me BUT

PLEASE leave chance to get powerscrolls based on working spawn.....

This helps level out the advantage a raiding guild has becouse the deffending guild is all wraped up in spawn. Do make it so they have to be alive and on the same subserver but if they can rez up and evaide your raiding guild long anofe to see the champ killed they should get a reward

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt read everyones replie and if this has been said forgive me BUT

PLEASE leave chance to get powerscrolls based on working spawn.....

This helps level out the advantage a raiding guild has becouse the deffending guild is all wraped up in spawn. Do make it so they have to be alive and on the same subserver but if they can rez up and evaide your raiding guild long anofe to see the champ killed they should get a reward
First of all, thanks for DEV for fixing this stupid bug.

I wouldnt mind if they make it so you get ps within certain tiles around where the champ is killed. Having 5000000000000000000000 tile range in subserver is no where near reasonable. If you wanna live long enough with a challenge do it near your enemies. Not I go wither some mobs in Destard run out/rezzed up and recall to Del passage, human hide and go afk. and get an arty and some PS. Utterly ********.

G

Green Meanie

ok to refine my point agreed you should have to be within range of where the spawn for the champ can appear at think its something like 120 tiles. and so that raids arnt useless make it so 20% of scrolls are determined by who worked the spawn and 80% based of the champ.

All im trying to say is that raiding is ezier than defending esp when spawn is already up. and that some of the reward for powerscrolls should be based of that withing reason. By no means do i think you should beable to kill some spawn at destard and then camp wind till you get some scrolls

R

Rubican

"Only players who worked a sufficient portion of the current spawn have a chance of receiving the Replica."

Just curious as to how much "sufficient portion" may be. If I get to a spawn half way done, should I bother jumping in?

I know if we had an exact number people may stop working it after hitting the number, but a roundabout quantity would be nice.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter,

I'm a little baffled about the 105 statement.

Case in point, nothing else to date has changed about the way PS are distributed, so I'm not sure there's a valid argument anyway. Additions were made and lets face it you are at the spawn with the intent of working all the way through right? The fact that the new skill scrolls are only available above the level available in tram makes them unique, and the fact that they spawn 50 percent less insures greater profitablility, right?

Whats the big deal? Or am I missing something? I'm fairly sure you aren't seeking them to augment your regular training regimen.

:)

S

swimminjc13

One rumor I have been hearing is that they will be reverting the bos and the champ spawn scroll drops. I havent looked enough to figure out if this is true. Personally i love the idea of the bos going back to how it was (one use per click vs per stone count). If they change the way back to having to hit the champ moderately in order to get a ps it is forcing everyone to either pay a ton for their 120 scrolls to the huge guilds or join one themselves til they are outfitted. Either way is rediculous. Personally I feel that this is just making the rich richer an the poor poorer. Some of these guilds make 600-700mil a week easy on powerscrolls and we just got a taste of salvation that if you kill the spawn you should get one. THANK YOU FOR THAT. I love being able to stay alive and get a scroll for all my hardwork if I was raided. Personally pvp'ers, if you want to complain about them changing it back why dont u man up and get some tracking and hunt down all the invised chars are stealthers before the champ dies? The way the champ is now is probably the fairest way you can handle powerscrolls at this time. If it is changed back we are saying "its okay to screw the poor people in this game". I say this and im not even poor, i just feel it is unfair. DONT CHANGE IT BACK, it is fine as it is. If the pvp'ers have to get creative to kill people in a spawn then good. That might help counter the ghost cams a little. I have found this to be the case on my shard. They are not raiding as much because they cant get all the scrolls to begin with, which is fine with me.

S

swimminjc13

I also forgot to mention that with the new replicas, if they change it back this will extremely alter the gold economy to the huge pvp guilds. Sometime I thought we were trying to fix.

R

RichDC

AS a guild who does alot of spawning but not much PvPing (we dont surivie long after the raids), i do like the current system of scroll drop.

More people(trammies as am i truly) have been coming to the spawns as they start to realise that doing the ilsh spawns is harder and they tend to die more to Paragons than reds. I can only see introducing more people to fel as a good thing!

I do agree however that the range should be restricted, being able to go to wind after working despise and still get the scroll is ridiculous. I think it would be better if it was the same Dungeon at least! Shouldnt be too difficult for the raiders to scout the dungeon looking for hiders and gives the spawners a chance.

I cant see anything any of us say regarding the scroll drop (even though the majority agree the current system is better) actually making a dev listen and take note.

Especially as few probably play in fel and understand the problem.

M

Maggie

Please fix champ spawns! Must hit champ.

Also Bags of Sending cannot send cursed items. So you can send all your 105s to the bank but no other scrolls.

L

LIL DON

It also gives an incentive to start the spawn (because even if you get raided, if you stick around you'll have a chance at least 1 of 12 scrolls). This would mean that you wouldn't need to be part of a big "guild" right?[/B]

Wow one of the best ideas i have seen on here. It is one of the most BS things that you work a spawn and pop the boss and as soon as hes up 10-20 reds from " an_Uber_pvp_guild_01" show up as if they somehow knew that he just spawned and you get nothing for the 30 mins to an hour you spent doing it while they were playing with themselves at Yew gate. Throw us Pvpers that arent so uber a 120 from time to time so we dont have to resort to 1337 HaX to be UbEr like JoO.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also Bags of Sending cannot send cursed items. So you can send all your 105s to the bank but no other scrolls.
THIS part of the system at least is working exactly as intended and requires no alteration.

S

Splup

This 30 % chance of getting replica really isnt working correctly. We make spawns with 2-4 players all the time, and there is no way we get a replica from every third spawn. I'd say we don't even get 1/10.

L

lub1985

Idea On This Maybie Alot Of People Would Agree I Cant See why not unless the people disagreeing wont these stupid goast cams why not do like how it works in the inquiz room if u log out an completely time out your char gets booted out of the spawn area cause these goast cams do need to log out atless once so if u make it to where ok this persons dead an did his/hers 5 minute time out then poof u go to shrine or a near by city that would work again :lick::gun::D

L

lub1985

It also gives an incentive to start the spawn (because even if you get raided, if you stick around you'll have a chance at least 1 of 12 scrolls). This would mean that you wouldn't need to be part of a big "guild" right?[/B]

Wow one of the best ideas i have seen on here. It is one of the most BS things that you work a spawn and pop the boss and as soon as hes up 10-20 reds from " an_Uber_pvp_guild_01" show up as if they somehow knew that he just spawned and you get nothing for the 30 mins to an hour you spent doing it while they were playing with themselves at Yew gate. Throw us Pvpers that arent so uber a 120 from time to time so we dont have to resort to 1337 HaX to be UbEr like JoO.
im sorry in this note i need to say this because this just kinda po's me

the whole reason for champ spawns is For Big groups of people Aka GUILDS to work together to complete an defend not for 1 or to people that wont nothing to do with team work guilds or even working something that is intended to do something spacific im sure alot of people will agree with me when its people that say crap like this that have slowly destoryed uo first it was server rares an people comeplaining well i didnt get that or i cant get that no crap hense server rare that was an items release by uo for people that where there at the time but no people complain ea bows doawn turns server rares to crap then pvp pvp was fine till people complained i cant do it hey people theres this thing that people have been doing since the begging of time its called LEARN Something everything geting handed out to everyone is geting crazy you look at all the other mrpg games an u dont see them doing this its because they see what it has done to uo people just need to stop complaining im sorry i have played this game for years an the best part of it was always that hey you where here for this heres something special an when u got people that have spent years collecting an years busting there but an then u give it easy an to everyone u just poed off alot of long time commetted players that is what kill this game so why doesnt everyone stop saying well give me give me giveme an accualy play it how it was intended or go out monster hunting or something else an make the gold like everyone else an by the item like uo was intended stop giving it away YOU KILLING THE GAME :yell:

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I hear other shards have working Lord Oaks in Ilsh. Well, Balhae doesn't. It hasn't worked for a very long time eventhough it's been reported and GMs have been called over and over. Are we none important? Some, not all, but most of the GMs are not very nice, either, and next to none will actually respond to a page. Mostly it's canned responses that mean nothing. Someone pilled thousands of bag balls around Luna bank causing me to loose connection and not be able to take any of my chars from the inn upstairs. The answer I got was, you need to report this under harassment and target the offender. Duh, I was never there when the "offender" was doing it. Finally, I made an announcement at the bank that the GM was going to ban anyone who did it again. It stopped. The GMs did nothing. Most of the time, they didn't even clean it up. I guess it's the same with Lord Oaks.
We Americans never know when there will be events on that shard, either. If it's an oriental shard period, don't allow others to go there. If it's an open public shard, post all events. I love UO and I love most people I've met on here, but this is totally rediculas!! Please, leave some feedback so at least I will know you are reading this. Thank you.

M

Malimus

Bingo!

They don't run off they get chased off...gimme a break. No one works a spawn to tier 3 undisturbed and then willing leaves the champion spawn...not unless they're clairvoyant.

Waiting for a 'free' scroll after they worked the spawn to tier 3? Huh?

Absolute madness...

The risk vs. reward argument by suppporters of Damage Boss only to receive power scrolls is totally fallacious. What risk are you talking about?

The majority of players could care less about losing insurance money or the humility of getting killed by another player and hearing "I PWN YoU!". What risk is there with insurance and gold virtually worthless. About 100k gold get left at probably half of the completed spawns.

What anyone with an iota of common sense doesn't want to do is spend 30-60 minutes working toward a goal "Powerscroll" and not have a chance to reach this goal.

It's about TIME. The most precious commodity there is...

So the only risk there is personal time spent. Whereas the raiders reap the rewards of the time spent by those who worked the spawn and they're the ones who in fact don't risk anything.

There's nothing fair about it and there's no argument in the world that's going to convince me why one facet should have something another facet doesn't.

Feluccan's risk nothing. Gold from insurance, Pride, Dirtnap that pales in comparison to one's personal time.

And way before there ever was Champion Spawns there was plenty of PvP Action. The only thing that has stifled PvP is the constant changes and tweaks that has left the PvP system a shadow of it's former self.

Catlord pointed out in laymen's terms why it's utter BS. Will it fall on deaf ears?

Sure looks that way...
So true... Its about time... I could care less about insurance/taking a dirt nap. I care about the time and effort i put into something because its time you cant have back. Some of us work long hours week and weekend. Most of these zerg raid guild seem to have a bunch of people who don't have jobs and are on 24/7. I'm supposed to be happy when i decide to try a spawn and that the hour or two i have to play once in a while gets wasted because i get raided by people that basically "live" in UO and have nothing better to do than just wait for people to pk over and over and reap the rewards they did not work for? Ive been playing this game so many years and have yet to have gotten a single 120 PS. That's right not one 120. And i refuse to pay the insane prices.

All risk and very little chance of reward if your not a cheater or in a large very experienced pvp guild doesnt seem right to me.

I just joined a spawn guild on Pac in hopes of doing some spawns start to finish and what's the first thing they do? Try to hook me up with a certain program i wont name and the scripts for auto disarm, auto bandage-self, auto-heal/auto chug pots???? I dont want to have to cheat to be able to put up a fight and win. And im not some trammie crying. I play most of my time in fel... Always have.

Comic Book Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

im sorry in this note i need to say this because this just kinda po's me

the whole reason for champ spawns is For Big groups of people Aka GUILDS to work together to complete an defend not for 1 or to people that wont nothing to do with team work guilds or even working something that is intended to do something spacific im sure alot of people will agree with me when its people that say crap like this that have slowly destoryed uo first it was server rares an people comeplaining well i didnt get that or i cant get that no crap hense server rare that was an items release by uo for people that where there at the time but no people complain ea bows doawn turns server rares to crap then pvp pvp was fine till people complained i cant do it hey people theres this thing that people have been doing since the begging of time its called LEARN Something everything geting handed out to everyone is geting crazy you look at all the other mrpg games an u dont see them doing this its because they see what it has done to uo people just need to stop complaining im sorry i have played this game for years an the best part of it was always that hey you where here for this heres something special an when u got people that have spent years collecting an years busting there but an then u give it easy an to everyone u just poed off alot of long time commetted players that is what kill this game so why doesnt everyone stop saying well give me give me giveme an accualy play it how it was intended or go out monster hunting or something else an make the gold like everyone else an by the item like uo was intended stop giving it away YOU KILLING THE GAME :yell:

A couple of points I would like to make.

1) Punctuation and grammar are your friends. How I got through that vomit of a post I will never know.

2) Not everyone is in a big guild or if they are might have a different schedule than their friends. It's nice to be able to log in, run a spawn and still have a chance at something if you're raided.

3) Server birth rares. Most were "accidents" that were never meant to be. They didn't ruin the originals since most of the new ones have the word "Replica" on it. Also more than half of the server births have been duped to hell and back.

4) In my opinion, you really need to get out more.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its more broke than it was when it was "bugged". soloed a spawn, took about 2 hours killed barra and got ......2 x 110 ps :wall:

I havent had a 120 in months since they "fixed" the spawn, part of the reason i am leaving. No incentive for someone who wants to earn powerscrolls alone, i have tried. Done maybe 100 spawns, i'd say 70% get raided i get killed and nothing except a waste of my time and the other 30 % of the time i get a **** drop like a 110 or 5 110's and a 115.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you guys ever going to fix champ spawn altars? Valor on Ches has been ****ed up for like weeks, not sure on other shards.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9. What if I’m dead when the champ dies?

If you were chosen to receive the reward and are dead at the time the champ is killed, the Powerscroll or Replica will be placed on your corpse. This feature was not functioning properly for the Replicas but has been fixed for Pub 58. Note that both living and dead players that are overweight or have no room in their backpack or corpse will not get the reward. The heaviest item weights 10 stones so keep that in mind when spawning.

Is this working correctly ?

That is, say that a player starts working a Champ Spawn, say in Felucca, and earns points, enough points to get a 120 Powerscroll or a Replica but before the Champ dies, this players is killed by some pkillers raiding the Spawn.

The player stays there as a Ghost and waits for the Champ to be killed.

What if the corpse decays before the Champ is killed but the player is still there as a Ghost?

Does the Ghost then receive the 120 Powerscroll or the Replica which the player will find upon resurrecting?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's on your corpse, it will be gone if your corpse decay before you rez and loot your stuff back.

If you are in Fel, that's provided other players don't loot you first!

It used to go into your ghost's backpack, but they fixed it to prevent people from exploiting this and also issues where players can steal it from your ghost.

Lots of things were fixed.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My buddies got raided one time and we still got replica drop from boss haha even though we didn't get to kill champ (we were rezzed up though).

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
105 Scrolls should be removed from the game. Why should a Trammel facet get a SOT 100% of the time while in Fel it's only 50/50 because of 105s?
I disagree with this.
While more advanced players may view this scrolls as worthless, younger players are still able to advance themselves (whether they get it free or buy it cheap) further until they can afford 115s and 120s. I think 105 scrolls are specifically aimed for younger players.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you guys ever going to fix champ spawn altars? Valor on Ches has been ****ed up for like weeks, not sure on other shards.
Are you talking about the fact that there's always a million spawned creatures whether someone's doing champ spawn or not? I can hardly go through that part of Valor because I get my ass kicked by the 50 greater dragons around which no one else is killing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has this problem been submitted on a feedback form on uo.herald?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are you talking about the fact that there's always a million spawned creatures whether someone's doing champ spawn or not? I can hardly go through that part of Valor because I get my ass kicked by the 50 greater dragons around which no one else is killing.
Uh, the Greater Dragons at Valor are part of the NATURAL spawn of the region, and have no relation to the champ spawn.

In fact, they made the Rikktor champ spawn to where the dragons from level 4 of it CANNOT spawn as greaters.

Even if the champ spawn is inactive, and if someone killed off the remaining spawn of the champ itself, there would still be the following in the Valor Spawn area, respawning every time you killed one:

About a dozen dragons (some of them greaters)
a couple wyverns
1-2 drakes (IIRC - may be wrong on this one)
at least 1 mummy (spawns north of the altar)
several giant spiders (1 spawns near the mummy)
a few giant serpents
a couple air elementals (mostly to west of altar)
an Elder gazer near the river, south of the bridge.
maybe some mongbats and imps.

People don't kill the GDs at Valor because
1. They don't count as spawn kills
2. They take too long, and you're likely to lose candles if a small group/sole, or miss the champ fight (if a lot of people there) if you get caught up in the GD fight.

On the other hand, those GDs are a last option for tamers, who can't find a good Greater elsewhere, with a little more selection than the Fire Temple or Wind might offer (and usually not as packed with heavy spawn on the edges like Destard). The hard part, of course, is getting the dragon out, once you get it tamed.

R

RichDC

One more reason not to kill the Greaters...

PARAGONS!!!

Lure them away and leave them alone!