• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castles Voting (Warning Picture Heavy)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@MalagAste Awesome job, thank you so much! Are you adding names to the unnamed houses? If so, that's a nice touch... :thumbsup:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste Awesome job, thank you so much! Are you adding names to the unnamed houses? If so, that's a nice touch... :thumbsup:
I'm adding what was on the house sign by the owner... not adding anything myself... if it is Unnamed when I get there it remains so here...

And I'm taking a wee break again... maybe start up again tomorrow.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks @MalagAste for making pictures

Unfortunately Iam not surprise why they won't let us custom.our house. The amount of ugly boxes is too big

I like
35 (got building flaws and you can't put granite walls in as the color is not available)
39 (close to real old castle)
41 (nice idea but most likely will not get voted)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks @MalagAste for making pictures

Unfortunately Iam not surprise why they won't let us custom.our house. The amount of ugly boxes is too big

I like
35 (got building flaws and you can't put granite walls in as the color is not available)
39 (close to real old castle)
41 (nice idea but most likely will not get voted)
Glad you like my castle... #39... I'm hoping it'll win. Long way to go yet in getting them all pictured... that'll have to wait till after I sleep though.

Hahaha I said tomorrow... my tomorrow but today later... I get so confused. 3rd shift does that to ya... anyway I'll try later this afternoon to continue...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#27 Classic Outpost by Merus (Now I tried and tried but was unable to locate the teleporter to the roof... but maybe I just missed it somewhere):
SW corner inside the first floor main room.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really wish they had set up some way to give feedback to the builders prior to the voting. I'll use @MalagAste #39 as an example. I like the over all design, but I don't like the 3 sets of double doors (like the traditional castles have) in order to get into the keep or 2 sets to get into the courtyard. Your courtyard is just a little too deep so the main keep is smaller than I like. I love the stairs all being in the NW corner and will use that concept in the next round. Not a big fan of the passage going North to South over the courtyard, it just seems to block things imo. Overall I do like the castle design. I did post pics of mine prior to voting here in Stratics asking for feedback so I was able to make changes based on it them (mine's Number 34). I would have changed my staircase after seeing yours though:) Too bad they won't let the winners make some very minor tweaks based on comments from the forums. I would remove one of the small wall pieces in the SE & SW towers to make an opening for a staircase (currently have ladders and had removed the stairs based on feedback) but you can still make a masonary one but it's not as seamless.

Last edited:

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
#2 Southern Comfort by Corwyn Fr Chesap (Note: try as I might I couldn't figure out how to get to 1/2 the rooms in this building... there are as far as I could tell no teleporters or doors into there 1 room on the second floor and 2 big rooms on the third floor)
he actually done that to drive people crazy..lol...but you can use vet teles if you like the design

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Marble Manor is a good example of ones that are missing the corners:

Missing Corner.PNG

It's also missing a wall because they put a post in and it took out the wall:

Missing wall.PNG

Beautiful design for the most part but has a few small structural flaws... which if we were able to somehow communicate with the builder beforehand via a bulletin/message board or something we could have left valuable feedback.

I wish you could visit the entries prior to the vote start so you can try to give feedback... Helps I suppose if people post here and ask for feedback...