• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we please do away with pets going wild?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is absolute crap. Might as well stop pets from going wild. After investing so much time and coin into building these things, and having it go wild just sucks.

So if we do away with pets going wild, we could find some other interesting things we can do with feeding the pets.

PLEASE !!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is another issue with pets acting weird and getting lost. When you drop rocks at navrey you sometimes get a clone of your pet that is either under you or beside you. The pet is not duped. One of the pets is not real. But if you are mounted on the fake pet you can stay on it and move at mounted speed. Also you can stall the real pet and take out another. While you are on the fake mount. Once you dismount the fake one goes poof. you cant interact with or trade the fake one.

Well that is fun to play with, until your pet goes poof for some unknown reason. That happened 2 days ago to someones trained Hiryu.

Just now I was skilling a pet and I mounted it and pushed a button accidentally. I pushed my Bandage nearest follower button. I was trying to push invis. Something caused me to end up with a clone. The one that I am riding is the real one.

I hurried to the stable and put the one I am riding into the stable. The other one stayed in the dungeon and went poof.

upload_2017-12-30_15-47-49.png

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
70 million for a wrestling and tactics 120 scroll, not to mention the hours put into training and the sheer act of losing your pet is hugely depressing.

Especially during a boss mid spawn.

It's just sick and disgusting and a game breaker.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
until your pet goes poof for some unknown reason. That happened 2 days ago to someones trained Hiryu.
I have been hearing rumblings that pets have been going POOF again after what has been several months not hearing about it at all. Fortunately I have not experienced it since something changed seemed to end it back then. I really REALLY hope the pet POOFER Bug is not back, I lost hundreds of millions worth of scrolls on the pets I lost back then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been hearing rumblings that pets have been going POOF again after what has been several months not hearing about it at all. Fortunately I have not experienced it since something changed seemed to end it back then. I really REALLY hope the pet POOFER Bug is not back, I lost hundreds of millions worth of scrolls on the pets I lost back then.
He was riding the fake one and was training a pet on Gregorio. (not sure why, I only get anatomy gains from him) Then he took the training pet back and got the Original Hiryu and took it to Gregorio and after a few minutes the orignal real pet poofed and when he dismounted the fake one went poof also.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is absolute crap. Might as well stop pets from going wild. After investing so much time and coin into building these things, and having it go wild just sucks.

So if we do away with pets going wild, we could find some other interesting things we can do with feeding the pets.

PLEASE !!!
Good call. It was once a mechanic that made sense, but now it's really not. Pets should still disobey if you can't control them, but they should never go wild unless released.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So people will never ever lose their pets? why not make all tamers invincible also..

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you could just have enough taming to control a pet, then spam all kill? with 0 consequences to it disobeying you and no need to ever feed it?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes turn this whole game into trammel, everyone invincible and just say "get arties" to get them. Milk and cookies for all!

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So people will never ever lose their pets? why not make all tamers invincible also..
Oh there are consequences. Pets die, all the time.

I'm not above consequences; challenge makes a game highly enjoyable.

But a pet going wild is way too demoralizing if the wild pet gets slaughtered after.

If your goal is to keep membership, you want to give your player enough great challenge without demoralizing the player beyond that which makes sense.

This is common knowledge, but video games are an enjoyable past-time and should never be meant to completely destroy your enjoyment.

Fine line and balance and all that. Again, common knowledge.

yes turn this whole game into trammel, everyone invincible and just say "get arties" to get them. Milk and cookies for all!
What's wrong with milk and cookie?

Not everyone can has?

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh there are consequences. Pets die, all the time.

I'm not above consequences; challenge makes a game highly enjoyable.

But a pet going wild is way too demoralizing if the wild pet gets slaughtered after.

If your goal is to keep membership, you want to give your player enough great challenge without demoralizing the player beyond that which makes sense.

This is common knowledge, but video games are an enjoyable past-time and should never be meant to completely destroy your enjoyment.

Fine line and balance and all that. Again, common knowledge.

What's wrong with milk and cookie?

Not everyone can has?
Excuse me but i play a tamer and I'll have you know i am perfectly happy with the way the system currently works.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What’s hard about keeping track of pet happiness? Have a UOA macro set up for “Use Skill>Animal Lore; Target>the pet you’re using”
Easy as pie. I have noticed before the increased rate of decline in pet happiness before as I’ve seen discussed here, that’s what they should be looking into fixing, ive had to feed my pet probably about six times before on one run of the Bar @ shadowguard, that was odd for sure. And also the reports I’ve heard of pets just disappearing, which I haven’t experienced, those are actual problems(not that I’m convinced it’s actually happening either). But people losing pets bc they’re going wild, they’re just not paying attention.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the OP that is crying not me. I have NEVER lost a pet, and if i did, i wouldn't care, i'd just tame a new one. There are now no unique pets, you just put on it whatever you had before.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
both sides, stop krying

pro-side: feed ur pets. were lucky they dont make us klean their poop!

anti-side: You begin with a viable point then you start exaggerating really wildly. Kinda funny.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It's the OP that is crying not me. I have NEVER lost a pet, and if i did, i wouldn't care, i'd just tame a new one. There are now no unique pets, you just put on it whatever you had before.
You would tame a new one is fine. But do you scroll your pets? Do you mind if you lose these exp scrolls to thin air?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
both sides, stop krying

pro-side: feed ur pets. were lucky they dont make us klean their poop!

anti-side: You begin with a viable point then you start exaggerating really wildly. Kinda funny.
Apparently, there are pple that have lost scrolled pets..I doubt that they have a reason to post lies here. I doubt that theyre crying. There just upset that they lost hours of training, and SCROLLS they put on pets? I suggest to you that they have a point that at least needs to be respected, and likely a legitimate complaint about a possible bug or programming flaw, that causes them to risk losing valuable pets?

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Apparently, there are pple that have lost scrolled pets..I doubt that they have a reason to post lies here. I doubt that theyre crying. There just upset that they lost hours of training, and SCROLLS they put on pets? I suggest to you that they have a point that at least needs to be respected, and likely a legitimate complaint about a possible bug or programming flaw, that causes them to risk losing valuable pets?
earlier 2-day i forgot 2 insure a wep & almost lost it. was 'spensive wep.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ps: i wuz clear both sides were wining not just pro-non-wild side. i actually have no dog in fight (ho ho! see what i did! i referenced a RL pet in a taming thread!). but readingthe thread was painful.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
earlier 2-day i forgot 2 insure a wep & almost lost it. was 'spensive wep.
Yes I see your point, but the people that had pets go wild or lost pets had fed them and also kept feeding them. There may be a problem other than player neglect to feed or monitor pets..If so this is not a minor issue, and will make a lot of players pretty unhappy unless addressed by the dev team.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

PLEASE !!!
This would be so open to exploiting. Pets go wild for a reason. If there is a true bug in which wonderfully happy pets go wild (that is not due to people abusing LOS), document those instances *fully* and submit a bug report. Let's get that fixed. Many people that don't want pet's to go wild must not have played tamers before there was pet bonding, where you actually had to be mindful of how you treated your pet and what you did with it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This would be so open to exploiting. Pets go wild for a reason. If there is a true bug in which wonderfully happy pets go wild (that is not due to people abusing LOS), document those instances *fully* and submit a bug report. Let's get that fixed. Many people that don't want pet's to go wild must not have played tamers before there was pet bonding, where you actually had to be mindful of how you treated your pet and what you did with it.
Sry but what is LOS ?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I think that pet loyalty is a hold over from yesteryear that has long outlived itself. With the additions of insurance, pet bonding, control slots and now pet leveling/scrolling I think there has been enough other changes to warrant the OP suggestion.

You could easily compromise by keeping pet happiness for purposes of obeying commands but remove the final step of a pet going wild. If you don’t feed the pet it would eventually fail 100% of commands but would never unbond.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would tame a new one is fine. But do you scroll your pets? Do you mind if you lose these exp scrolls to thin air?
This is a moot question for me as i raid champs in my spare time for free 120s

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I just had a "scare" with one of my Favorite Trained Cu's...

I was doing some T-Maps taming up the Frost Dragons and little Cold Drakes and I'd just recalled to the stables in Skara and transferred a new Dragon to one of my other tamers and gone back to the farms outside Skara where I was working my map... got back on my Thunter and pulled up a Lord of the Abyss... as usual I invised the THunter and switched back to my tamer (who now had his Cu with him)... and gave the all kill command.... got the customary yep boss bark and *poof*..... Cu gone...

I kinda went ??? Did I just see what I think I saw?... looked about, called about, no reply bark from Cu... I recalled back to the Bank/stable at Skara no Cu... either in Bank or stable... remembered something someone said about new boats so ran to coast dropped boat in got on..... no Cu... Checked Followers... yes still 5 slots... WTF???? So I recalled home... no cu...

Recalled back to TMap... called some more no cu... Logged in and out...... and Thank the Gods! CU!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how happy I was knowing the um..... chances of me getting a GM this time of night are slim to NONE... Which IMO this issue needs addressed before Endless Journey... seriously... how do you plan to keep players if they know you can't get help in-game after hours????? it's insane if you ask me.

Anyway just my thoughts on the matter. I can't see Endless Journey keeping quality players without some sort of support in place for them... and then my thoughts turn to just what kinda players are we going to get and keep with Endless Journey when they find there is no one minding the shop so to speak in the afterhours?.... and they are going to need help and not everyone plays 9 to 5... And something like a pet gone missing.... is a big deal and it's something that requires help ASAP not 10 hours later by then its FAR too late and when we are talking about pets with several hundred mill in scrolls and hours upon hours of time invested... it's a huge deal...

Not sure anyone on the DEV team has considered any of this.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and when we are talking about pets with several hundred mill in scrolls and hours upon hours of time invested... it's a huge deal...

Not sure anyone on the DEV team has considered any of this.
I really have no dog in this fight, but retrospectively I think it was a step in the wrong direction to make pets more valuable and not more disposable. It would be way easier for everyone if pets were disposable like weapons and you could just tame a decent new one whenever you need. But in UO everything needs to be rare and super valuable.

Now tamers do not only have to put hours into training, they also put millions into scrolling. Making it even more of a pain to replace a lost pet. I can see this without having a single pet in my stables. No exactly rocket science, yet it is to the Devs.

I can't help and compare it to Ark, where pets are the central element of the game but still die all the time with perma-death. Its still tons of fun since you can just go out and tame a new one whenever you need one. But it takes the piss out of loosing a pet.

If only one person on the UO team had a bit of an eye for other games and what works and what doesn't for them. But all they do is bury their heads in mysterious focus groups and echo chambers.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I see both sides of this!
On the one hand nobody wants to lose a pet that ate a ton of valuable scrolls, I know there have been cases of pets just vanishing or even going wild, we assume this is down to some bugs and clearly this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
On the other hand there are a few tamers out there that see pets as disposable and don't think they need to feed them, this is a lesson all tamers should learn, there have to be consequences for actual neglect!
You can't complain about losing your scrolled pet if you didn't bother to take care of it...reminds me of the time my son accidently dropped his Tamigotchi down the toilet....:p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know what you are getting at... but even before I had pets that I had forever... I mean I didn't treat them like they were some garbage toss away weapon or something.... they were my pet... I promised them I'd take care of them. We are a team. I guess I treat them much like I do my cat at home. Keep them fed, safe, healed...

I suppose I think of it as if you spent years training your horse to plow your fields for you.... it's not really disposable... that's part of your income. If you can't plow your fields for planting how can you feed your family and make your living???

My pet is my living. It's what allows me to get PS's... Allows me to conquer the roof... beat back my enemies... etc. Without it I am a nothing mage/bard who can barely take out a mongbat.

Since peacing is pretty much a joke... my pet is my lifesblood. Losing it is devastating.

I still can recall the day that Doom came out and it was the place to be... not long after Pet Bonding. We'd heard some stories about people losing bonded pets to the Skeletal Dragon but they were only stories... So we went... me on my main tamer... with my 7X WW... Things were going great... had the Dragon redlined... soon we'd be able to ring the bell and cross... And then it happened... in the blink of an eye my WW died... and in that very instant.... the Skeletal Dragon released him from my bonds... He left no ghost. No trace he was once my beloved pet. I stared blankly at the screen for a moment... but he was gone... I felt the tears forming in my eyes... my friends in Vent went dead silent.... but then one spoke "Where is your dragon? Did you rez him?"... My voice cracked as I spoke... "No... he's... gone." I said..... "I think I'm done for the night."... Sure I could have gone out... tamed another WW... trained it up... but nothing ever has replaced Ice. I still am sad when I think about him...

Kinda like remembering when dragons used to actually FLY behind you... wings flapping... they seemed so happy.... now the trudge behind you like a pitiful creature... with no memory of the great beast they should be. Plodding along like some pathetic beaten creature. Sad.

Tamers are different than dexers and mages... we get rather excited and attached to our pets... many remember their first real pet.

To me they have never been disposable. They are my companion.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. we get rather excited and attached to our pets... many remember their first real pet.

To me they have never been disposable. They are my companion.
Let us say you lost your CU, if you tamer a new one the same colour and called it the same name, and gave it the same skills, how would you know it is any different?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Let us say you lost your CU, if you tamer a new one the same colour and called it the same name, and gave it the same skills, how would you know it is any different?
Because it's not. Sure this is a game, but there is a very emotional game. It's why people form bonds with others. Get upset when they die in PvP, etc.

I remember the very first mare I tamed in T2A many many years ago. And how it took an hour for me to tame her, and back then, you (and most likely the highly desirable pure black mare) were KoS. And someone came up in that time, I was sure I was dead, but instead they helped. I remember the years of adventure I had on her before pet bonding. Friends gating from inside my house into bottom or tera keep/balrons/etc and my mare wandering into it on accident. That mare was with me through everything. My years of playing. Many of my friends have forever left that world (and some irl too) When I leave and then return, she is there awaiting me, to share more adventures. To reminisce about the times we had with friends. I still have her and her 6 sisters to this day. Can tell you when and where I tamed each one before pet bonding.

Rational or not, it's a very real experience and emotion to get attached to those specific pixels. We get attached to players we never met, so in essence, they are nothing more than pixels also.

I actually think tamers think of pets as more disposable now, even though they sink more into them. Because letting them die isn't seen as a big thing, AFKing and letting them fight alone isn't seen as a bid deal. People act like and try to build their pets like they are impervious. Remove the possibility of pets going wild from the table and tamers will behave even worse than they already do.

There are issues with pets cloning and a few other weird bugs. Are they going wild through no fault of their owner. That I am not sure of. It has not happened to anyone I know of.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can't always give it the same skills and stats... besides which any tamer would tell you that some pets seem to have a personality all their own... Some are keen to do everything you say with a Yep! You bet! How high?! Other pets won't do a thing you ask... they are like "Ah man.... nah think I'll go.... Across the room and kill that! It looks tasty! Guard you? WTF for man??? I am busy can't you see I'm busy dude chill... While others just turn and go.... nah don't think so... just gonna stand here... look good... preening don't you know... Oh did you die? They just kinda do things... differently. This Cu tends to be a yep! I got that! Sort of pet.

The time it would take to find another yep I got that pet in the same color with the same stats would be AGES not to mention the cost of getting all those scrolls again... and yes I could and do go to fel to get some.... but you know what in the months since the new pet publish I haven't gotten but 1 120 scroll... granted it was a 120 Magery... but no 120 wrestling scrolls which I used to get all the time... and no 120 discord scrolls... Haven't even gotten enough 115's or so to make them... so no can't just run right out and make a new one... not to mention the countless hours I spent raising his skills... and I would be seriously sore and upset to lose my pet even if it was just a run of the mill Cu to anyone else.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the most obvious answer is because.......... YOU WOULD KNOW.

Remove the possibility of pets going wild from the table and tamers will behave even worse than they already do.
No worse than the other templates that unattend with the Auto Heal Script, Auto Eval and loot script and auto send via Bags of sending script running. Actually probably a lot less worse than those.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Forget emotion
Not everyone has the time to find a pet, tame, train and grind over and over. For some, uo is a hobby, not life.
I haven't experienced it personally, but if it is a bug, it needs to be addressed.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this thread started off with garbage and somehow went down hill.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Forget emotion
Not everyone has the time to find a pet, tame, train and grind over and over. For some, uo is a hobby, not life.
I haven't experienced it personally, but if it is a bug, it needs to be addressed.

And for people with limited time, there are greater dragons and frost dragons. Totally acceptable pets that require little training.

If this is indeed a bug and not unintentional (or intentional) neglect, it's not a widespread one. If a player has had more than 1 pet go wild, they need to examine what they do where and submit a bug report.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I made my 120ed out pets, the scrolls came from my scroll book. Now those scrolls would cost 200M or more. Cus with a magic have 9 scrolls.

That's how I would know it is different.

I can put whatever scrolls I want on my pet just like you can make any template you want..

In fel, will you lose your Tactics cap under ANY circumstances? Seems our risk is greater than a lousy 110 stealth scroll reward.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is brief history of how animal tamers have turned into SNOWFLAKES:
1 adding bonding pets so you don't lose a pet when it dies
2 no longer dropping more skills when ressed by an npc/other player than being ressed by yourself
3: reduction in skill loss on death from 1% to 0.1%
4 added the ability to log out your pet during combat to prevent it from dieing.
5. added the ability to give any pet any stats so if you lose one pet you just tame another and give it the same stats.
6 added consume damage mastery so you don't even have to be at your keyboard when your pet is fighting.

What more snowflakism can the devs possibly achieve?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i forgot, 7 skeletal dragons no longer release peoples pets.....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for people with limited time, there are greater dragons and frost dragons. Totally acceptable pets that require little training.

If this is indeed a bug and not unintentional (or intentional) neglect, it's not a widespread one. If a player has had more than 1 pet go wild, they need to examine what they do where and submit a bug report.
Guess it never occurred to you that we did that and got ZERO response. I have said from the start it is a fairly rare bug and my experience with it is probably due to volume. (22) 120 prodo tamers and (8) Siege 120 tamers with max stables and pretty much all of the pets trained up. You do the math on how many pets that is and then to lose 7 of that number is a very small percentage. Since I have been a tamer since there has been taming in UO and had lost ZERO pets prior to Pub 97 that were not explainable, I think I have a pretty good grasp that something is not right when one just disappears. If you have not lost one great but seriously lose your attitude with those of us that have.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Guess it never occurred to you that we did that and got ZERO response. I have said from the start it is a fairly rare bug and my experience with it is probably due to volume. (22) 120 prodo tamers and (8) Siege 120 tamers with max stables and pretty much all of the pets trained up. You do the math on how many pets that is and then to lose 7 of that number is a very small percentage. Since I have been a tamer since there has been taming in UO and had lost ZERO pets prior to Pub 97 that were not explainable, I think I have a pretty good grasp that something is not right when one just disappears. If you have not lost one great but seriously lose your attitude with those of us that have.
Or you imply a tone to my statements that is not there :) No idea why you have the issue with me, but any time I post you tend to get aggressive in your responses to me. Might want to look into why that is. :) Tone is lacking in this form of communication and the fact you don't like me clouds how you read my responses. I would hate anyone to lose an animal companion.

From what I recall your issue with you losing pets was them not going wild, but was an additional bug regarding running multiple clients and having them disconnect simultaneously. You also live in a rural area with unreliable internet. Or do you have other issues with pets going wild and disappearing? Perhaps I missed those threads, if that is the case.

As for people bug reporting, if people's bug reporting is as unhelpful as some of their posts on Stratics, it won't help get the issue solved. For a bug that says hits 1/100, having the small development team spend resources trying to replicate said bug would be resource intensive. If people are able to give exact details not "i was fighting with my animal in a place and it went wild", it helps tons. More information the better. You did well pinpointing information regarding your type of disconnect disappear bug and how to retrieve pets. Not saying everyone should do that much work, but in bug reporting there is a certain info that needs to be told.

And congrats, you have a lot of tamers, so do I, and so does my guild/friends, and none of us have lost pets. Perhaps we are lucky. But the fact we have not lost any pets or had any pets go wild, we cannot help replicating this issue or see what the cause might be/what triggers it. And we have tried.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you imply a tone to my statements that is not there :) No idea why you have the issue with me, but any time I post you tend to get aggressive in your responses to me. Might want to look into why that is. :) Tone is lacking in this form of communication and the fact you don't like me clouds how you read my responses. I would hate anyone to lose an animal companion.

From what I recall your issue with you losing pets was them not going wild, but was an additional bug regarding running multiple clients and having them disconnect simultaneously. You also live in a rural area with unreliable internet. Or do you have other issues with pets going wild and disappearing? Perhaps I missed those threads, if that is the case.

As for people bug reporting, if people's bug reporting is as unhelpful as some of their posts on Stratics, it won't help get the issue solved. For a bug that says hits 1/100, having the small development team spend resources trying to replicate said bug would be resource intensive. If people are able to give exact details not "i was fighting with my animal in a place and it went wild", it helps tons. More information the better. You did well pinpointing information regarding your type of disconnect disappear bug and how to retrieve pets. Not saying everyone should do that much work, but in bug reporting there is a certain info that needs to be told.

And congrats, you have a lot of tamers, so do I, and so does my guild/friends, and none of us have lost pets. Perhaps we are lucky. But the fact we have not lost any pets or had any pets go wild, we cannot help replicating this issue or see what the cause might be/what triggers it. And we have tried.
The odds are more like 1 in 400 and yep you either missed a lot or simply cherry picked.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The odds are more like 1 in 400 and yep you either missed a lot or simply cherry picked.
I dont cherry pick, but i also dont read everything on stratics. As for the odds they were just a made up numbering meaning nothing representing the number of tamers the bug may hit, again made up number as no one i've asked has experienced this bug and this has happened to no animals of ours. The number was just a guess of how many tamers experience this bug. Means nothing *shrugs*

Pawain, not interested in fighting, but the responses I receive *shakes head* Tyrath is nastier to me than Mervyn. And I'm actually interested in getting to the root of this problem and having that fixed. There have been a lot of weird things happening since the patch regarding taming, but again comes down to submitting *detailed* bug reports. Just because they don't respond to it, doesn't meant they aren't trying to work on it or have it on the list to be looked at. The better information given, the more the taming community could be helped. I actually think one thing they should do is remove the new LOS code. This is providing to be problematic to more than just taming.