• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can we go back to factions yet?

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd even settle with just one shard having factions... please please please devs!! One of my favorite things in UO and has been since pre-aos just gone :((

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just curious... Why?

Factions was rarely used by anyone. No purpose other than holding a town and placing vendors. Very few people ran factions just because of the 15 minute stat loss. The majority of people who did were zergy pvp guilds, or theifs who wanted the vendors to buy cheap bottles etc.

I miss the cheap vendors... and that's about it.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Granted VvV is not what it could be. But if you compare the people who used factions vs VvV at the time of it being implemented, VvV is defiantly being used a heck of a lot more than factions was in the period of time.
Factions was full of bugs. The new flagging system in VvV is also pretty awesome if you ask me. All it needs is a little TLC and ongoing new rewards. Maybe a PvM objective of some sort. They don't need to bring factions back, they just need to make VvV better.

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
VvV isn't optional for PvP and thats a problem. The flagging system is absolutely terrible. Shrine fighting was a stupid idea from the start and I have no idea how it became town fighting because that is clearly no better. VvV killed the notoriety system which is a huge mistake. Atleast factions were optional this VvV stuff is dumb and forced on all pvper's in particular due to this 'awesome new flagging system' that you speak of.

Factions had some negatives but that doesn't redeem the hot mess that VvV is.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my friends and I had the most fun when there was no factions. just my opinion

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The thing is Order vs Chaos was optional.
Factions was optional (until faction artifacts, which bad idea)
VvV is forced on you so the developers can justify it's addition saying people use it.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new flagging system in VvV is also pretty awesome if you ask me. All it needs is a little TLC and ongoing new rewards. Maybe a PvM objective of some sort. They don't need to bring factions back, they just need to make VvV better.
Adding rewards isn't going to make VvV better. The intial stuff didn't even get people interested.

A group PVP system should be designed around group PVP. Factions was designed from the ground up and it showed lasting 14 years. VvV has come along and been a non-starter. Players are only joined for a few artifacts at this point.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the best fighting I had in uo was when they got rid of factions. so much fun to kill blues on my red and killing reds on my blue. now they have vvv. lame, there are no reds to kill and get justice. blue vvv people come and raid, u defend and get many murder counts while the vvv can just eat a royal pardon over and over. it is best to just leave now when raided. so weak I cant believe what has happened and I just get silence. u got people farming points by leaving there char in town hidden, they kill their friends char or other account to get points for leaderboard. they kill red in house for justice. I think to myself why do we even need faction/ vvv, if u really like pvp, there is no need to get free gear that is better then what u can normally get. do u remember all the complaining about no one to kill in fel. people stopped going because many couldn't compete. now armor is good and east to get, but I end up with so many murder counts. devs wont listen to make them one time use so pvp is dead to me now.