• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Great Lakes Unite?

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Realistically the guilds wont drop their tag and pick one up. However, I think it would be possible that we all attack only _I_ if they show up. I agree it's getting out of hand. We've discussed the possibility of fighting alongside anyone on the shard if it means smashing _I_. Can we attempt this though? Do the players of Great Lakes really care? Can we all set aside our "pride" and unite against the common enemy? I want to say we can...I really do. So what have you? Is everyone in? If we are fighting in despise and _I_ shows up do we unite and destroy them before giving each other a couple minutes reprieve to start our battles again? BC? TDR? PWNT? XV? TRAMMEL GUILDS?
I agree about NTAG...and I think the same thing goes if we see them. Unite and destroy.

W

WolfII

Yes we can and yes we should, we need to police our own shard. I would even suggest one stone or an alliance just for this. Would be nice to do this before they pop another harrower this weekend.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think it's realistic that we all go under one tag. I think just make it an agreement not to DIRECTLY attack each other. It's a given that we will hit each other's fields but many of us are veteran enough players who can tab out and understand that fields will be a necessary component of the war(s) to come.

S

Still Frame

Realistically the guilds wont drop their tag and pick one up. However, I think it would be possible that we all attack only _I_ if they show up. I agree it's getting out of hand. We've discussed the possibility of fighting alongside anyone on the shard if it means smashing _I_. Can we attempt this though? Do the players of Great Lakes really care? Can we all set aside our "pride" and unite against the common enemy? I want to say we can...I really do. So what have you? Is everyone in? If we are fighting in despise and _I_ shows up do we unite and destroy them before giving each other a couple minutes reprieve to start our battles again? BC? TDR? PWNT? XV? TRAMMEL GUILDS?
I agree about NTAG...and I think the same thing goes if we see them. Unite and destroy.
As nice of a dream as that is, it'll never work.

C

C-Punt

I wish they cared enough about the game to see that an effort to unite an entire shard against one guild is what it would take to stop these people. I personally think they are funny, It was like when i first got diablo II i was like this game rocks, then i found out you can make armor and cheat in that game i stopped playing it that day. Whats the point?

P

Piehunter

NTAG is no way a threat like _I_ is. NTAG can be beaten by guilds that have the organization and the ability to call a fight.

I is different.

R

RainVI

I say we do it.

Screw the old ways. I say we set aside our problems, unite together, and create one force so strong that nobody dare try to control our shard.

Honestly, NTAG should help us, because they took have been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to fighting _I_.

It's up to us.

L

lolatbc

WOW? Wait a min? didn't BC already "unite" together with the shard for a harry?

But hey this is a good idea! Maybe BC will get out off tram and come fight again? Its kinda sad that they went into hiding after they say over and over NOBODY will take the shard from them.

P

Piehunter

NTAG IS against _I_. They're the ones that are ALWAYS fighting _I_...Most of the time, the only ones...The supposed GL lockdown guild goes to doom instead of fighting I.

F

Floyd the Barber

WOW? Wait a min? didn't BC already "unite" together with the shard for a harry? LINK

But hey this is a good idea! Maybe BC will get out off tram and come fight again? Its kinda sad that they went into hiding after they say over and over NOBODY will take the shard from them.
Not to defend BC here, but I think they meant any "legitimate" guild...

L

lolatbc

Legitimate? wtf are you talking about? 10-13 people fighting a zerg is not Legitimate? You must be smoking something....

BC had to recruit so many people because of there skill level. It took 2-3 times the numbers for them to get things done. Now that the numbers game does not work they jump to there blue chars to hide in guard zone and farm tram.

P

Piehunter

BC allied NTAG, who they claim to despise in order to take a harry from I at Hyth and still lost ;/ Maybe BC should stay in doom, they obviously aren't what they used to be.

S

Still Frame

Legitimate? wtf are you talking about? 10-13 people fighting a verg is not Legitimate? You must be smoking something....

BC had to recruit so many people because of there skill level. It took 2-3 times the numbers for them to get things done. Now that the numbers game does not work they jump to there blue chars to hide in guard zone and farm tram.
Whats legit about calams tiles or what we all know isnt showing

F

Floyd the Barber

Legitimate? wtf are you talking about? 10-13 people fighting a verg is not Legitimate? You must be smoking something....

le·git·i·mate
being exactly as purposed : neither spurious nor false
accordant with law or with established legal forms and requirements
conforming to recognized principles or accepted rules and standards

That's what I meant when I said "legitimate", get it?

Oh, and I'm not really sure what you meant about "a verg", must be some new term I'm not aware of yet.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waits for Orvago to lock this thread since he seems to be on a warpath*

I have no interest in a shard wide alliance. I'm not going to say what everyone already knows. If they are doing something (spawn, gate, etc.), I'll find something else to do. Giving them big fights only encourages them to stick around longer.

If they don't get any action, eventually they will go back to Atlantic with the rest of the garbage, just like VIP did.

Only fun I have on Great Lakes anymore is field fights with FHP and BC. Occasionally I will see some XV around but that doesn't happen too often.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since EA or Mythic or whatever they call themselves nowadays doesnt do anything to enforce the terms of this game I believe the best solution is to just ignore guilds like I. If your at yew gate and you see them there, just leave. If your doing a spawn and they come in, just leave. It sounds sad but there really is no other recource. Ive done a ton of spawns and been raided a ton of times and raided a ton of spawns. Win or lose its not really a big deal. I play UO to pvp. There really is nothing else in this game. As long as I feel the game is being played by my enemies on the level everything is fine with me. By even playing with the dirty guilds we let them win. Theres always a dungeon or somewhere else in the game to find people to kill. It may take a bit of effort to find em but they are there. The really sad part is that even tho I feel most guilds are pretty legit(not counting the obvious trash guilds), the cheats have escalated at least to some extent to every guild. I say just ignore the trash guilds of this shard. Who really cares if they do a harrower. It doesnt impress me when weve all seen how these things are achieved. Organize fights with respected enemies and ignore the trash. If people dont wanna play by the rules dont play with em at all. There is no point in fighting em.

L

lolatbc

le·git·i·mate
being exactly as purposed : neither spurious nor false
accordant with law or with established legal forms and requirements
conforming to recognized principles or accepted rules and standards

That's what I meant when I said "legitimate", get it?

Oh, and I'm not really sure what you meant about "a verg", must be some new term I'm not aware of yet.
99.9% off guilds in this game use some kind off hack! You can say they dont but they do... Its what UO has came down to... You have to if you want to keep up with people.

It does not matter how many cheats you have on, there is no way shape or form 66 people couldn't take that harry unless they suck.

_I_ runs the shard because they work together. Other guild run around and just hit random targets, they don't xheal and so on.

I myself would love to see everyone get together and fight _I_.

And for the people that think _I_ is going to leave because you hide? That will not happen. Maybe you all should look for another shard.

L

lolatbc

Since EA or Mythic or whatever they call themselves nowadays doesnt do anything to enforce the terms of this game I believe the best solution is to just ignore guilds like I. If your at yew gate and you see them there, just leave. If your doing a spawn and they come in, just leave. It sounds sad but there really is no other recource. Ive done a ton of spawns and been raided a ton of times and raided a ton of spawns. Win or lose its not really a big deal. I play UO to pvp. There really is nothing else in this game. As long as I feel the game is being played by my enemies on the level everything is fine with me. By even playing with the dirty guilds we let them win. Theres always a dungeon or somewhere else in the game to find people to kill. It may take a bit of effort to find em but they are there. The really sad part is that even tho I feel most guilds are pretty legit(not counting the obvious trash guilds), the cheats have escalated at least to some extent to every guild. I say just ignore the trash guilds of this shard. Who really cares if they do a harrower. It doesnt impress me when weve all seen how these things are achieved. Organize fights with respected enemies and ignore the trash. If people dont wanna play by the rules dont play with em at all. There is no point in fighting em.
So your going to just run and hide? You might as well quit the game. If you play UO to pvp stay and fight.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your going to just run and hide? You might as well quit the game. If you play UO to pvp stay and fight.
get over yourself. no one can say what they want to because the post will be deleted.

C

C-Punt

Wow well i have seen them in action, and i dont think 99.9 percent of shard runs programs. If they did we would have even match ups with _I_. They mount, run so fast foot or mounted(same speed btw), heal throught amazing things, walk through stuff, we have seen the screen shots on these very boards of what they use. Its pathetic really.

L

lolatbc

Wow well i have seen them in action, and i dont think 99.9 percent of shard runs programs. If they did we would have even match ups with _I_. They mount, run so fast foot or mounted(same speed btw), heal throught amazing things, walk through stuff, we have seen the screen shots on these very boards of what they use. Its pathetic really.
No program you can use with this game can make you a better player. fields make people lag because of EA's lack of programing skills. Run through stuff? I dont think so. Heal through amazing things? Thats called good team work.

The only pathetic thing is that the shard cant take on 10-13 people. BC has fielded more super dragons that we have members.

Everyone has to make up an excuse.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If these programs arent a huge advantage than why are people using them? Its obvious who uses them and who doesnt. First people say they are fast because they are using Nasa like computers now they are saying they use programs because their computers cant handle the lag from fields? Which is it?

L

lolatbc

"Leaving" a battle is for the sake of not entertaining cheaters. Not because we dont want to fight. We all do. We just want to fight people not the porograms they run.
another excuse? No matter what you all say there is not a program out that makes you better! If there is please let me know.

But im done with this. you can have your fun and unite the shard because offffff a few people.

Have a nice day!

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before the powers that be lock this (which, by the response it has received, would be a huge blow to the honest players of GL) we need to take a look at our options which have been stated. I refuse to believe that 99.9% run something. FHP doesnt...are we that .1%? No. As Floyd said, I dont want to defend BC, but I have yet to fight one of their members who I can say with complete confidence is not playing legit.
As for leaving them to the shard and they will just leave? That wont happen. And it's not right for the veterans and rookies alike of Great Lakes to go hide in holes.
I, and hopefully more then just a handful of others, will unite with the players of Great Lakes when I see _I_ come into the fray. Whether it be Garrett, Lynk, Medic, or whoever else I'm fighting, I will pull to fight _I_. Maybe I'll get destroyed in the process by my former opponent and my new target, but I will not fight a Great Lakes player in the presence of this plague.

R

RainVI

Before the powers that be lock this (which, by the response it has received, would be a huge blow to the honest players of GL) we need to take a look at our options which have been stated. I refuse to believe that 99.9% run something. FHP doesnt...are we that .1%? No. As Floyd said, I dont want to defend BC, but I have yet to fight one of their members who I can say with complete confidence is not playing legit.
As for leaving them to the shard and they will just leave? That wont happen. And it's not right for the veterans and rookies alike of Great Lakes to go hide in holes.
I, and hopefully more then just a handful of others, will unite with the players of Great Lakes when I see _I_ come into the fray. Whether it be Garrett, Lynk, Medic, or whoever else I'm fighting, I will pull to fight _I_. Maybe I'll get destroyed in the process by my former opponent and my new target, but I will not fight a Great Lakes player in the presence of this plague.

Kahlan speaks the truth.

You guys need to realize, this is OUR SHARD.

Whose right is it to dictate when I can spawn, and when I can play at yew?

I think we could easily set aside these old disputes, and unite under one banner of legitimate pvping, and send these invaders from another world back to where they belong.

Only when The Immortal are destroyed, will we be able to again bear arms in battle with eachother, without having to worry about them coming in out nowhere.

Guys, I hope everyone makes the right decision.

:thumbsup:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can say that in the presence of _I_, I already lose focus on any other guild.

But you're all missing the point. It does take teamwork to defeat them. Even if this "alliance" took place, it would be separate efforts thus a waste of time.

The Zerg aspect doesn't work when you can't catch them.

M

Malador

What an interesting perspective. So what your saying is if I cannot steal from the bank in monopoly there is no reason to play.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im not one to accuse because I havent been around _l_, but anyways why are any of you wasting your time posting to someone who you says cheats? because anything you say to them about cheating falls on deaf ears It doesnt matter to them. They are going to do it reguardless of what you or anyone thinks. Now I wouldnt give them the time of day on the game or on these boards.

J

Juggs

Look at your screen shots. It is clear to everyone on GL how _i_ gets things done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
you I often go in their vent and i hear all the talk and you know i hear the most of..........it is such a basic, novel, simplistic concept............ T E A M W O R K
That is their foundation. I have seen a lot of guilds come and go and only one other guild have i ever seen showthis much pull together and TEAMWORK so maybe if you stopped complaining about them and pull yourselves upright and tried more TEAMWORK (and it takes time and patience) you would be able to compete with them with out the need for 4-1 odds. Just a thought.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
you I often go in their vent and i hear all the talk and you know i hear the most of..........it is such a basic, novel, simplistic concept............ T E A M W O R K
That is their foundation. I have seen a lot of guilds come and go and only one other guild have i ever seen showthis much pull together and TEAMWORK so maybe if you stopped complaining about them and pull yourselves upright and tried more TEAMWORK (and it takes time and patience) you would be able to compete with them with out the need for 4-1 odds. Just a thought.

If teamwork is what you want to call it...ok

S

Still Frame

They do know teamwork, they have 2 guys who typically dismount and are good target callers. Whatever else they may do is none of my business. But there's no doubt these guys know what they're doing you have to atleast give them that. I ran into their harrower tonight (yes, tdr does leave yew even if i was the only person on) dark awaits missed his dismount on me so i ran past time into the actual harrower (a dumb but ballsy move) and before i even know it blitzkrieg had me on foot and calamity had me strangled. If that isnt working well as a group and being able to communicate what is?

Dark awaits says he missed his dismount and someones running in so blitz gets a bola ready and 1 or 2 people prepare to kill while the rest stay on the harrower

R

RainVI

Wow these posts are an obvious fail, now _I_ would know everyone is planning to work together and give them BIGGER FIGHTS. So good job, give them more of a reason to stay.

Your Int has changed by -50

Either way, if everyone works together its a dumb move
If everyone goes into hiding it dumb.

Here's a tip, get better and stop crying. Get better teamwork and u can beat any hacking guild

It doesn't matter what _I_ knows about our plans.

We need to take it to them, why must WE SUFFER to the hands of these guys? Why the hell can't everyone just buck-up, and fight along side one another?

Are we so entangled in our own disputes that we could not settle on a peaceful resolution to this huge problem?

Think about it, if EVERYONE allies up, or just the major guilds, there is NO way they could match our skill/numbers. Each guild has a few good good players, and if all the guilds got together, it'd make it even harder for _I_ to kill these players, because they wouldn't be fighting just 1-2 good players, but 10-20 good players, backed by another 40 above average players.

We can do this easily, all the guilds GMs need to come together in a ventrilo and talk this out. Set a date and make it happen.

R

RainVI

I can say that in the presence of _I_, I already lose focus on any other guild.

But you're all missing the point. It does take teamwork to defeat them. Even if this "alliance" took place, it would be separate efforts thus a waste of time.

The Zerg aspect doesn't work when you can't catch them.
The Alliance could work.

What if we all set up one vent that can hold like 75 people.

We bring in all the GMs from other guilds, and give them admin abilities.

Then we have different channels for different guilds so they can do what they want when we are not fighting.

Then we have one channel for smashing _I_.

S

Still Frame

It doesn't matter what _I_ knows about our plans.

We need to take it to them, why must WE SUFFER to the hands of these guys? Why the hell can't everyone just buck-up, and fight along side one another?

Are we so entangled in our own disputes that we could not settle on a peaceful resolution to this huge problem?

Think about it, if EVERYONE allies up, or just the major guilds, there is NO way they could match our skill/numbers. Each guild has a few good good players, and if all the guilds got together, it'd make it even harder for _I_ to kill these players, because they wouldn't be fighting just 1-2 good players, but 10-20 good players, backed by another 40 above average players.

We can do this easily, all the guilds GMs need to come together in a ventrilo and talk this out. Set a date and make it happen.
If it takes the entire shard to fight them dont you think they'll just bring more guys from atlantic until they win?

S

Still Frame

This whole thread makes me lol
Everyone is so terrified of 10-15 guys, its as simple as practice and work as a guild and learn how to beat them. What everyone is suggesting is to turn everyone into a bunch of meatshields under 1 tag or alliance. Whats the point of that? If all of gl allys i would love to see ntag and _I_ ally to fight against them and i'll sit there on a ghost and laugh at everyone involved

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone is so terrified of 10-15 guys, its as simple as practice and work as a guild and learn how to beat them. What everyone is suggesting is to turn everyone into a bunch of meatshields under 1 tag or alliance. Whats the point of that? If all of gl allys i would love to see ntag and _I_ ally to fight against them and i'll sit there on a ghost and laugh at everyone involved
Why would _I_ ally with NTAG.. NTAG isn't good at all. I could count on one finger how many good pvpers they have. They would be more of a handicap than anything.

S

Still Frame

Why would _I_ ally with NTAG.. NTAG isn't good at all. I could count on one finger how many good pvpers they have. They would be more of a handicap than anything.
Because theyre the 2 foreign zerg guilds. Do you honestly expect slipknot to get along with jabber, eda or toxic? (the only other 3 real gms)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because theyre the 2 foreign zerg guilds. Do you honestly expect slipknot to get along with jabber, eda or toxic? (the only other 3 real gms)
dude.. my point is _I_ is a bunch of good pvpers. NTAG is a bunch of ******s. _I_ wouldn't ally with a lesser guild of meat shields and they wouldn't have to to fight the guilds on this shard.

R

RainVI

From what I've heard NTAG has already proposed an alliance with BC.

I hope this turns out well...

S

Still Frame

I'll put it this way, any alliance that could happen just because _I_ has control is ********. bc is still in hiding anyways. These fools like Kahlan and Rain are just scared of _I_. There's 2 factors they dont realize.

1. summers almost over so the pvp will die down when people go back to college and such (for the younger crowd, and a few older)
2. eventually guilds like bc and tdr will have their core crews on for a while and _I_ will have the same 10ish people and wont be able to hold anything.

M

Malador

I'll put it this way, any alliance that could happen just because _I_ has control is ********. bc is still in hiding anyways. These fools like Kahlan and Rain are just scared of _I_. There's 2 factors they dont realize.

1. summers almost over so the pvp will die down when people go back to college and such (for the younger crowd, and a few older)
2. eventually guilds like bc and tdr will have their core crews on for a while and _I_ will have the same 10ish people and wont be able to hold anything.

Sieg I dont know why you talk or more to the point why I took you off ignore.

BC has its "core crew" on every night. Most nights they avoid any contact with _i_. FHP has its core crew on almost every night. No one is scared of them. FHP, NTAG, XV, and BC all fought _I_ for well over an hour tonight. Mostly we all left each other alone while fighting I. Big suprise TDR was not present. You must not have had your "core crew" on.

S

Still Frame

Sieg I dont know why you talk or more to the point why I took you off ignore.

BC has its "core crew" on every night. Most nights they avoid any contact with _i_. FHP has its core crew on almost every night. No one is scared of them. FHP, NTAG, XV, and BC all fought _I_ for well over an hour tonight. Mostly we all left each other alone while fighting I. Big suprise TDR was not present. You must not have had your "core crew" on.
Well i havent been in vent or game much tonight. But then why wasnt _I_ even grinding their harrower earlier? Why was literally NOBODY there? You say you arent scared but yet there's all this talk about allying (one of which is started by your gm) Now you dont hear bc coming here saying its a good idea, and lynk karl and i are all opposed to it. So my guess is most of tdr wont be up for it, so it's just fhp and a bunch of no named people. But you should feel special, i almost recognize fhp as real pvpers. XV even if let into an alliance still is only numbers, same thing for fhp and majority of ntag.

As stated before, an alliance isnt needed and its the cowards way out. If you cant beat them get better. Everyone claims all bc has is numbers and most of the time i agree but thats what theyre suggesting gl depends on to beat _I_ off the shard? Deny that, please.

T

Thalidar

funny lol.. I vaguely remember the pics of your gm :) and his whole screen lawl at you sir blitzkrieg. You drink more koolaid then a bc kid.

R

RainVI

I had a brief run in with the Guild Master 'Tolliver Quick aka Calamity/IceRockerz'.

He told me that they were NOT leaving until someone can beat them off, that they have exhausted alot of money in the last few months transferring and need to replenish their funds. So they will stay here for a year if they have too, to make Great Lakes submit, and until they can fund enough chars to play all the servers at once.

Do I believe this? I do not want too.

I think, we the people, have a choice in this. BC / NTAG / XV / TDR / JW could field enough to easily destroy them, regardless of numbers.

I don't see how hard it is to fight together.