• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Anyone Tell Me The Rewards from The Elf/Christmas tree

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well give it a try & see ... if you want to do something "worthwhile" why are you playing a online game thats almost 20 yrs old?..

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well give it a try & see ... if you want to do something "worthwhile" why are you playing a online game thats almost 20 yrs old?..
Some would contend that anything that one does should be worth the rewards/benefits. Therefore knowing the reward/benefit would prove helpful in making the decision to do it or not. Not sure were the age of a game comes into play or the fact that it is a game at all...

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's beyond me why people have to post snarky replies. We wouldn't be playing the game after all these years if we didn't enjoy it and feel it's worthwhile. Larisa, thank you for the helpful reply. I plan to do the BODs just to see the tree grow and if there's a reward, that's just icing on the cake. :heart: My head is going to be spinning after 3 days of filling BODs but it should be fun.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen up Bug... unless you want to hear a llama whine from now to game over... I would turn those bods in!! lol! Hugs!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you BrianFreud! The rewards are very nice looking and even if I don't get one, it'll be fun to do mass amts. of BODs.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any idea on how many bods it takes to get to each stage? We've dropped about 300 bods on Legends and don't even have a Charlie Brown tree yet.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thank you BrianFreud! The rewards are very nice looking and even if I don't get one, it'll be fun to do mass amts. of BODs.
All credit to God Compress :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question: if you feed the elf bods do you just get ONE reward? ie if someone puts in 1 bod they get ONE reward, if they put in 200 they get ONE reward? Or do you get more 'rewards' to pick going on the number and level of bods you feed the elf?

I know you get a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in so you have more entries but does this equate to more reward picks?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question: if you feed the elf bods do you just get ONE reward? ie if someone puts in 1 bod they get ONE reward, if they put in 200 they get ONE reward? Or do you get more 'rewards' to pick going on the number and level of bods you feed the elf?

I know you get a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in so you have more entries but does this equate to more reward picks?
If the tree gets full grown, everyone gets 1 reward.

If the tree does not reach full stage, an unknown number of the top givers get 1 reward. (like event items are doled out... maybe)

So its best to get the tree to full size.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the tree gets full grown, everyone gets 1 reward.

If the tree does not reach full stage, an unknown number of the top givers get 1 reward. (like event items are doled out... maybe)

So its best to get the tree to full size.
Thanks for the reply. On the basis of that I don't think I will bother. I am currenty playing siege, the odds of getting a tree to full height in 3 days are probably zero. At the end of the first day you cannot even 'see' a tree. If the odds don't acutally 'reward' people who donate a lot and it is up to the rng, or if you donate like 50 bods but find you are not one of the 'unknown' top givers and get bugger all then it seems my hard to farm resources are better spent on putting my bods into the relevant crafter to at least get 'points' towards a known item. On siege we don't get to farm 'double resources' as do the prodo shards, nor can we buy resources off NPC's. And to 'buy' items to 'fill' bods ie leather caps or weapons etc, the cost is 3 x the price per item so uneconomical.

Sad, but it appears yet again that if you are on any shard other than Atlantic nothing has been coded to actually 'assist' the smaller shards. I was looking forward to this until I got into the detail and just don't see ANY reward for what could be a huge amount of effort. I could technically fill 100 bods, use my resources and end up with 1 paper lantern or nothing. :(

siege tree.jpg

This is the 'siege' tree after the first day of the Festival. It is currenly between midnight and 3am after a full day. Not much hope there.

Ahh yeah and this is The Atlantic tree at the same time:

atlantic tree.jpg

The other shard I play, Oceania has that tiny little tree, so again, can't see it happening. Sad, good concept but again poorly implemented into a one size fits all if the way you explained the rewards is correct.

Last edited:

Lavender

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I haven't seen this specified anywhere..... but does anyone know if a full tree/lotto prize is 1 Reward per character that turned in a filled BOD.... or 1 Reward per Account that turned in a filled BOD?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wells Mrs. Bugs, I am thinking with you now. Even Atlantic cannot complete this tree. :( It was a fun idea for a while though. Maybe it is punishment? hah! Miss Echo is right. Should be based on how many and how good.

I cannot imagine trying this in any more towns. :(

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you we know the tree is at its maximum size? is it when it shows deco and the star?

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There are 4 stages to this tree? I'm getting really discouraged, I don't think the dev's thought about the small shards again. Maybe we could get a gm to go on and help by adding points to the tree. :(

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are 4 stages to this tree? I'm getting really discouraged, I don't think the dev's thought about the small shards again. Maybe we could get a gm to go on and help by adding points to the tree. :(
This! As fas as I know (I have not checked them all), Atlantic is the only shard to have reached max stage with a star and twinkling lights. Most smaller shards that I checked were still at lvl 2 or lvl 3 (there are 5 stages) and I doubt most of them ever even see lvl 5 at watching how long it still took Atl to reach lvl 5.

@Mesanna , @Kyronix, this is really going to discourage this event on most small shards for the remainder of Dec.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On home shard, I donated some agapite and verite bods...that coulda got hammers, and a load of smaller point bods. Think I will have to send a load of filled bods to Atlantic and just support them instead of home

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[USER=284 said:
@Mesanna[/USER] , @Kyronix, this is really going to discourage this event on most small shards for the remainder of Dec.
I agree. I think Chessy has already decided this is the only tree we going to try on. Many of us has put all our high quality bod's on it already and we still don't have lights. I don't think we'd have enough to do another city even if we wanted too. :(

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when the tree has deco, lights, star it is done? I know for sure players can still donate to trees that look like this. Who did the deco around the grounds on Great Lakes? Someone opened a pandora's box of newly seen deco items... :)

This was not thought out again. Idk why. Punishment? Just so you know dev team and whomever had last say on how this was done. You succeeded in frustrating most of the smaller shard bod givers, Yay you.

The gift boxes for other items are very nice so tyvm. The plum tree is very fun, Tyvm. Oh and If a character has no karma, good or bad they cannot get a special sleigh engraving? Has this happened to any of you guys? I stop now I am getting UO angry. (which means not irl only in UO)

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No offense, but this is why shard merges need to be discussed and figured out some how... you shouldn't get preferential treatment just because no one plays on your shard.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I threw in all my gold, agapite and valorite BoDs at the Pacific tree, including a couple of large verite and so many exceptional weapon BoDs i don't wanna count.. I felt for sure the verite deed woulda helped the tree stage up.
Would be nice to know if the trees are counting the points on the BoD and how many more points are needed per stage so we can concert our efforts.

I figure if the tree is going by the point value of the BoD, then all these itty bitty ones are basically worthless to add in.
And so far as the large BoDs, well.... I don't have a huge collection but what I do have is rather valuable.

Getting ready to tackle my tailor BoDs. Pac will be lucky to get through this first tree...

But I'm with the majority of the thread here. Smaller shards are going to not be very productive for this event.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys,if tree not grow in 3 days,players who gave BODs the Elf will not receive a gift and BODs will be spent in vain?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size.
From the dev info.

I think we need more days in each city or This will end really quick.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i'm of the mind that the festival should stay active in each city UNTIL the tree grows to max. Then, if a shard gets one or 8 is all a matter to them, but at least will get one.

edited to add:
i would not be filling in these bods so much right now if I didn't have these machines (vet reward: sewing machine & smithing press)

just saying...

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can someone please verify that once the star is on top, that we can stop? Or do we need to continue going. We don't know if people are messing with us, or if there needs to be presents under the tree as well. Will it stop accepting BoDs when it is done?

Basically, do we need to pop the bag? :)

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes please tell us when the tree is totally done. Players said it gets gift bag on day 4. When Gidge ( see above) got the star to show on LS the text said she has advanced the tree. Have mercy on crazed bod givers please. When is this tree done? When can we stop?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We still cant get past ornaments on Chessy. :( We've been donating the largest bods we have but nothing is growing.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On TC1 the tree was done once it had the star on top. On day 4, the giant reward bag surrounded by presents showed up.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
am prepping a whole lot of exceptional tailor bods for Pac....
*sigh*
bye bye rewards.... :(

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if someone would pop in and tell us exactly when the tree was complete. On LS we got the star, but do we keep giving bods or No? Hate to waste more bods.. I am setting here with 2 books of around 200 filled colored bods ready to drop but I hate to waste them if I don't need to. Very frustrating...

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On TC1 the tree was done once it had the star on top. On day 4, the giant reward bag surrounded by presents showed up.
Thank you, it just seems odd that we can still donate deeds, but that must be to give everyone a chance to get in on the gift now?

Last edited:

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How in the world did you guys fill that tree on test center?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well my suggestion on smaller shards is simple... but the problem is ONE jerk can ruin it for everyone else... but since you can't seem to advance the tree with tons of bods like larger shards and the "reward" is based on the same formula they used for the Gargoyle cure... then the answer is simple.

EVERYONE on that shard must turn in ONE bod only and something cheap. And everyone must agree to do this. Otherwise the jerk who decides to turn in 2 or 3 bods will bork everyone else out of a gift. But if everyone turned in one small low level bod... then it would stand to reason that there would be NO top and therefore everyone qualifies. Just my guess. But seems the way it is.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what others did but I transfered over to TC1 with a bunch of high end LBods and the sbods need to fill plus materials in deed form. Filled them there and turned them in.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well, that was one shard, and everyone went there with all their awesome BODs copied over from their home shards, and they tested the system.
also, the devs might have boosted the numbers, but that is purely a guess

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought a huge amount of filled bods to TC, same books with every crafter i transfered there to collect bods bods bods... but no clue when it was finished. I got 3 boxes . On Europa I fear our work is in vain, we had that smal holliday tree all day . We are lots of peope trying for sure.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be on our shard tonight (Europa) my goal is to get that tree to the next stage before server up.
I can see a number of players out of frustration on the smaller shards completing bods on like Atlantic and getting the prizes and bringing thier items back to there home shards latter. I will probably have to do that as well, i'm figuring we have one shot at getting the tree to full growth. As someone suggested the tree should stay longer in one location on the smaller shards.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This! As fas as I know (I have not checked them all), Atlantic is the only shard to have reached max stage with a star and twinkling lights. Most smaller shards that I checked were still at lvl 2 or lvl 3 (there are 5 stages) and I doubt most of them ever even see lvl 5 at watching how long it still took Atl to reach lvl 5.
While it is necessary to get to the final stage of the tree for everyone to get a reward, it is not required for some to get a reward. The point thresholds are scaled such that there is a much smaller gap between the earlier levels than the later levels. Also, keep in mind that your chance of getting a reward is directly related to the value of the BODs you give to the elf. What this means is if you've turned in 5,000 points worth of BODs you are going to have a much better chance than someone who has turned in merely 100 points. Also keep in mind that someone is only eligible for one reward each time the festival is run, and that the point thresholds relate to a percentage of the participants.

For those on smaller shards you have a few strategies...

1. Have someone like Shandara from GLs who is a BOD power-player and progresses the tree to maximum growth almost entirely on their own, resulting in everyone from a single point turnin player to a multi-thousand point turnin player receiving a reward.
2. If you don't have a Shandara you can build up a supply of BODs to turn in to a single elf in which case your score is more than likely going to put you in the upper tier of those who turned in BODs resulting in much greater chances of getting a reward. Remember rewards are awarded to a percentage of participants based on the growth state of the tree, and each participant can only get one reward per tree - so the more you individually turnin, the better your chances.
3. Coordinate & plan with your shard community to build a substantial enough stockpile that betters the likelihood of pushing the tree to the highest growth level. Rally your guild, cajole your friends. Have a BOD craft-a-thon. Then, when the time is right, rush the tree with all those glorious points. Should you be successful in your mission, you'll have a fully grown tree which will distribute a reward to everyone who participates. Once the tree reaches full growth you can continue to participate, so break out all the alts and get enough gifts for as many characters you have to turn in a BOD.

Ultimately the choice is yours. The festival runs the entire month and I suspect many city treasuries are well funded to continue to host the festival for the duration.

Well my suggestion on smaller shards is simple... but the problem is ONE jerk can ruin it for everyone else... but since you can't seem to advance the tree with tons of bods like larger shards and the "reward" is based on the same formula they used for the Gargoyle cure... then the answer is simple.

EVERYONE on that shard must turn in ONE bod only and something cheap. And everyone must agree to do this. Otherwise the jerk who decides to turn in 2 or 3 bods will bork everyone else out of a gift. But if everyone turned in one small low level bod... then it would stand to reason that there would be NO top and therefore everyone qualifies. Just my guess. But seems the way it is.
The Artisan Festival does not work this way. If everyone turned in a single low point value BOD equal in value to the elf and someone else came along and turned in several BODs worth more points, assuming the lowest percentage of participants were awarded, "the jerk" would have the most chance of receiving a reward, since s/he can only receive one reward, the rest of the participants would have an equal chance to receive one of the rewards until the total number of rewards granted equaled to whatever was dictated by the growth state of the tree.