• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so whats the news with the artisian festival 1st to 4th Dec??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems very hush hush

whats the idea...run bods in to get a big public tree and get a chance of a reward for doing so... is that the top and bottom of the plot...

what is it top 30 or so bod fillers get the booty??

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Artisan Festival
The Artisan Festival is a new crafting event that allows crafters to take advantage of the new Bulk Order update to turn in Bulk Order Deeds for virtue & vice themed holiday rewards!

• The Artisan Festival Event is active between server up after December 1, 2016, 12:01 AM ET and January 1, 2016 12:01 AM ET.
  • The Artisan Festival occurs in any of the Governor cities with a treasury balance of at least 1,000,000 gp.
  • Town Criers will announce which city is currently active.
  • The Artisan Festival lasts for 3 days in each city during the event
  • While the Artisan Festival is active within a city, players may turn in Bulk Order Deeds to elves at a specially decorated location within each City,
    • Britain – East Britain Park
    • Jhelom – East of The Pearl of Jhelom
    • Minoc – West of The Matewan
    • Moonglow – East of the Scholar’s Goods
    • New Magincia – The Gazebo
    • Skara Brae – South of the Healer of Skara Brae
    • Trinsic – The Park
    • Vesper – East of the Fisherman’s Guild
    • Yew – East of the Yew Healer
  • As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size.
  • Players may claim their rewards by double clicking on the large gift bag near the elf.
  • Players receive a gift box that can be used to unwrap a random reward inside.
  • Rewards are vice and virtue themed holiday items including,
    • Honor, Sacrifice, Hythloth, and Destard themed paper lanterns
      • Can be turned on an off by double clicking, function as a light source
    • Compassion, Honesty, Wrong, and Shame themed throw pillows
    • Valor, Spirituality, Despise, and Deceit themed wood sculptures
      • Animated, can be turned on and off by double clicking
    • Justice, Humility, Covetous, and Pride themed paintings
  • Players who claim their reward receive a Virtue or Vice themed reward based on their karma. Positive karma players receive a Virtue themed reward and negative karma players receive a Vice themed reward. Participants can only receive one gift per Artisan Festival in each city.
  • Rewards come in a new collectible holiday box available in a variety of hues.
  • There is a 1 day cooldown between events in each city to give participants a chance to claim their rewards. Players should claim their rewards as soon as the event ends.
  • The Artisan Festival will cycle, and continue to cycle, through all cities with the ability to pay for the Festival for the duration of the event. Cities may host the Festival multiple times during the event.

Publish 95 – Ultima Online

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not hush hush...they had it running on TC1.

A certain city will be active for 3 days...the town criers will announce what city is active.

Turn in BOD's to the Elf in that city (Note, turning in BOD's to the elf is NOT the same as turning in BOD's to the crafting NPC, you cannot get a new BOD if you turn in a BOD to the elf)

When you find the Elf, the area will look like this:

FestivalStart.jpg

Give the Elf BOD's!

Elf.jpg

The tree will start go grow as more BOD's are given...until....

FestivalEnd.jpg

Click on the big bag to get your gift!
FestivalGift.jpg

I only turned in 3 BOD's on TC1 and got a gift...so everyone that turns in a BOD will get one I think you'll get better gifts the more/better BOD's you turn in.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember if you turn in BODs to this the only reward you get is the GIFT and you DO NOT get any BODs in return.
NO BOD REWARDS
NO BANKED POINTS
NO NEW BODs for the ones turned in.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but there all the rewards seem the same kind..nowt seems uber compared to the next item...so maybe they just random gift if u give in 100 or giv in just 1 or 2..... may as well just throw 1-2 bods in each city for a each city giftbox.....

thanks!! foir the massive replies....makes a lot more sense...goes to see his ''filled bod books'' to see whats gonna get given in

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for gifts.... everyone who turns in Bods' to the Elf will receive a gift only IF the Christmas tree grows to it's max size ( I believe this is determined when the tree receives the star on top). If the tree does not reach max size, rewards will be handed out "raffle style" with only a few players receiving gifts.
I was unable to test the raffle style gift receiving because TC1 got to max size both times it was tested there.

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So if we have ten bods and split them between 2 characters and the tree goes to max... does that mean both characters get a prize or is only one per account?

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea of a artesian festival is cool but the VvV reward items are lame... I'm guessing the best part will be the new gift boxes.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like a good reason to not participate
I was just giving a WARNING so we don't have a bunch of whiners crying in their spilt milk. I fully plan on doing this with some worthless Smith/Tailor SBODs that are only 10 pointers.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so we use all 6 chars...on some dumb 10 smith/tailor bods ....2-3 bods each char turn-in at all the towns on every shard... gotcha!!!...and each char will get a prize box at each town....on every shard...gotcha

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well and you can fill bods in advance and transfer them to other shards.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so we use all 6 chars...on some dumb 10 smith/tailor bods ....2-3 bods each char turn-in at all the towns on every shard... gotcha!!!...and each char will get a prize box at each town....on every shard...gotcha
What's up with all the bitterness lately. If you do not like it then do not do it, nothing is mandatory in UO.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no need to transfer bods.. any new smith /tailor can fill basic bods.....items bought direct from the npc's in tailor/smith shops..

no bitterness dood just this is how this will pan out.. im gonna do it too

more for the boxes i guess than any rewards....but hell i may collect all the rewards too if they are random..like it seems they are in the notes....

just saying this nis what most folks will do..

ticks all the boxes....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Artisan Festival
The Artisan Festival is a new crafting event that allows crafters to take advantage of the new Bulk Order update to turn in Bulk Order Deeds for virtue & vice themed holiday rewards!

• The Artisan Festival Event is active between server up after December 1, 2016, 12:01 AM ET and January 1, 2016 12:01 AM ET.
  • The Artisan Festival occurs in any of the Governor cities with a treasury balance of at least 1,000,000 gp.
  • Town Criers will announce which city is currently active.
  • The Artisan Festival lasts for 3 days in each city during the event
  • While the Artisan Festival is active within a city, players may turn in Bulk Order Deeds to elves at a specially decorated location within each City,
    • Britain – East Britain Park
    • Jhelom – East of The Pearl of Jhelom
    • Minoc – West of The Matewan
    • Moonglow – East of the Scholar’s Goods
    • New Magincia – The Gazebo
    • Skara Brae – South of the Healer of Skara Brae
    • Trinsic – The Park
    • Vesper – East of the Fisherman’s Guild
    • Yew – East of the Yew Healer
  • As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size.
  • Players may claim their rewards by double clicking on the large gift bag near the elf.
  • Players receive a gift box that can be used to unwrap a random reward inside.
  • Rewards are vice and virtue themed holiday items including,
    • Honor, Sacrifice, Hythloth, and Destard themed paper lanterns
      • Can be turned on an off by double clicking, function as a light source
    • Compassion, Honesty, Wrong, and Shame themed throw pillows
    • Valor, Spirituality, Despise, and Deceit themed wood sculptures
      • Animated, can be turned on and off by double clicking
    • Justice, Humility, Covetous, and Pride themed paintings
  • Players who claim their reward receive a Virtue or Vice themed reward based on their karma. Positive karma players receive a Virtue themed reward and negative karma players receive a Vice themed reward. Participants can only receive one gift per Artisan Festival in each city.
  • There is a 1 day cooldown between events in each city to give participants a chance to claim their rewards. Players should claim their rewards as soon as the event ends.
  • The Artisan Festival will cycle, and continue to cycle, through all cities with the ability to pay for the Festival for the duration of the event. Cities may host the Festival multiple times during the event.

Publish 95 – Ultima Online
again thanks for the info...makes sense..god knowes how i miss this kinda announcement

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just go to uo.com once a week or so; or read the screen when you boot up the client, it's all on there too, on the patch screen ...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no need to transfer bods.. any new smith /tailor can fill basic bods.....items bought direct from the npc's in tailor/smith shops..

no bitterness dood just this is how this will pan out.. im gonna do it too

more for the boxes i guess than any rewards....but hell i may collect all the rewards too if they are random..like it seems they are in the notes....

just saying this nis what most folks will do..

ticks all the boxes....
You gonna do it because you are a MAD BOX COLLECTOR

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think they said something about it being Karma based or something as well so don't forget to turn some in on your negative Karma characters as well and see.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 days left ...getting ready to unleash some useless filled bods to make the xmas tree grow

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
love the box art @Larisa ...were they all the same colour and shape...or are there multiple//// omg...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember if you turn in BODs to this the only reward you get is the GIFT and you DO NOT get any BODs in return.
NO BOD REWARDS
NO BANKED POINTS
NO NEW BODs for the ones turned in.
Finally a use for small cooking and iron tinker BODs!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
love the box art @Larisa ...were they all the same colour and shape...or are there multiple//// omg...
LOL that's exactly what I said..OMG MORE BOXES!!!!

The 2 I got on TC were the same so I'm not really sure if there are different styles. You get a different one first that can be a variety of different styles but they have a time limit of 6 days. Once you open THAT box, you get the one I show in the picture...I am hoping there are not different ones...my goal of having a full set of gift boxes will NEVER be reached! :( lol

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL that's exactly what I said..OMG MORE BOXES!!!!

The 2 I got on TC were the same so I'm not really sure if there are different styles. You get a different one first that can be a variety of different styles but they have a time limit of 6 days. Once you open THAT box, you get the one I show in the picture...I am hoping there are not different ones...my goal of having a full set of gift boxes will NEVER be reached! :( lol
ouch the boxes only last 6 days.... mmm thinks to put the bods back in storage...dont hink i need 20 boxes all the same thankyou not..its nice but one will do

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well you get different gifts...based on how many/what quality BOD's you turn in and your karma level....so IF all the boxes are the same..I will just have to work on getting all the gifts :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure i read something about different boxes too..maybe i dreamed it...oh well...mmm i didnt no no.....its in these notes.....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wondering if the same city as the cycle 2 or 3 times do they grow 2-3 trees...or does the tree disapear after one day after that city

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stays 3 days in a city. You must claim on 4th day.

Moves to new city. Cities repeat after a cycle.

Not bad for a month people travel in. Everybody can get at least one with little effort.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
As for gifts.... everyone who turns in Bods' to the Elf will receive a gift only IF the Christmas tree grows to it's max size ( I believe this is determined when the tree receives the star on top). If the tree does not reach max size, rewards will be handed out "raffle style" with only a few players receiving gifts.
I was unable to test the raffle style gift receiving because TC1 got to max size both times it was tested there.
How will that will scale on Atlantic, vs on any other shard, I wonder?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You turn in filled bods to the npc elf at the tree base. If you get a gift it will be in some awesome gift box that has a timer of 6 days? Open it or lose contents. Inside is a cute gift box with an item. Is this so? Players keep saying the first gift box is awesome and second is ok. Why would this be?

And I saw the picture Larissa, yes the one with bells is cute. You did not show the one with a timer?