• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling the guards on Siege Perilous: a report

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do :blushing:.........but I rarely remember to actually use it, and when I do it does me no good
*has vivid memories of running round Skara Brae & Umbra yelling guards while pursued by nefarious scarlet individuals*

Puffy's killed me in town while guards ignored me, so has Wyrm. They'll come and kill an ogre or troll when I'm chopping wood on the edge of Vesper North side, but when I'm running from a red? Forget it. Idle beggars. Maybe Wyrm has them all bribed? :D

Disclaimer: N.B. I accept these setbacks philosophically. This is a comment, not a complaint

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love when people make long winded post thinking thier way is the only right way LMAO
everybody has there way of RPing and playing SP no one is right or wrong. you play the way u want that what makes it fun!

A

ayahuasca

I love when people make long winded post thinking thier way is the only right way LMAO
everybody has there way of RPing and playing SP no one is right or wrong. you play the way u want that what makes it fun!
you just said everything worth saying

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Krystal !! Baby !!! Smuax,,..,
Have you seen this audacity ? Some insolent blues are complaining about how guards work on SIege.,., Pfftt
That just raises my anger even more towards them,.,. hmpf.,,. Doesnt it make you willing to torture these imps even more like me ? :}
Muwhahaha

Krystal is an excellent example of true PK... Er,.,. cof, actually, she was more evil when guilded with me,.. :_[+]
The only times I hate you, Kresly, are when you insist in defending that despicable blue shopkeeper Zebediah !! AAAArgh.., I feel like tearing thee apart ! mwuahahahah

Smux

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a side note, Krystal...how far are you from your 10,000th murder count? Wasn't there some talk of a celebration?

-Skylark

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you seen this audacity ? Some insolent blues are complaining about how guards work on SIege.,., Pfftt
That just raises my anger even more towards them,.,. hmpf.,,. Doesnt it make you willing to torture these imps even more like me ? :}
Muwhahaha

Krystal is an excellent example of true PK... Er,.,. cof, actually, she was more evil when guilded with me,.. :_[+]
The only times I hate you, Kresly, are when you insist in defending that despicable blue shopkeeper Zebediah !! AAAArgh.., I feel like tearing thee apart ! mwuahahahah

Smux
are you 12? really?...la

O

Ole Cheapy

I must admit that I am truly shocked at the amount of disrespect my homie Wyrm has received in this thread. Freja, Kage, and Rico should all be ashamed of themselves! There are a few people on this shard that just simply should never be disrespected, simply for their contribution to this shard, whether you like them or not. Wyrm is one of those people. To see you people give much respect to known scripters and exploiters, then turn around and show total disrespect to a well established vet like Wyrm, simply makes me sick to my stomach to see the garbage that siege has become.

There is just simply no honor left on this shard, all anyone seem to care about is being the top pvper of the week. I'm more disapointed in Freja being that her name is on the small list of people who I believe have earned their right to be respected on this shard. *shakes head*

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico is just cranky because WyRm never has anything good to steal.

-Skylark

S

Spell Name

The term 'respect' is used in an inflationary way nowadays, isn't it?

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Muwhahaha

Smux
lol wyrm u know i luv ya!! but u know my guild must come first. zeb supplies us pks with his awesome shop! i must protect my supplier and friend;) :grouphug:

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that mean the cost of respect is rising?

-Skylark
When I get low on dip from about 8 tins, I mix it all up which usually consists of apple, berry, bourbon, straight, and mint flavor. We call it RESPECT in Indiana because it tastes like such ass.

C

Calibretto

Have you people ever thought that the constant BS trash that flows on these boards on a daily basis is part of the reason there are so few people playing on Siege...Yea it's got no Insurance for people's Pixel Crack, a lot of folks don't care but jeeze you folks make it seem like Siege is full of jerks and idiots. How are you going to get people to play here if you can't display 1 single shred of positive community?

QFT

O

Ole Cheapy

Muwhahaha

Smux
lol wyrm u know i luv ya!! but u know my guild must come first. zeb supplies us pks with his awesome shop! i must protect my supplier and friend;) :grouphug:
I like you very much, Krystal, but if protecting that dispicable blubie crafter is worth more than your life, then so be it. I will kill anyone I catch so much as talking to Zebediah. That's my word!

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Muwhahaha

Smux
I suppose that my post could be called: a complaint.
I thought I was just reporting what I was seeing and hearing.
Oh well, it does not take much to pst you off.

I really am ready for the guardzone removal.

The wonder is... are you ready for the other shoe to drop...
Guardzone removal will effect your friends more than us poor insolent blues.
The blues habits will change... Luna will be a ghost town.
Game over there!
You will have to work HARD finding us Stealthers.
Now you see us, if gz gone, then now you do not see us.

*stares*:eyes:
Yahaxithonix

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting thought

If the guardzones were all deleted...would the player run towns become more important and populated again??

A

Alrich

Hmm interesting thought, but I still think everyone would be hidden everywhere, and using gypsy camps in ilsh for safe banking!

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screw all of you hypocrites talking about the "respect" you used to have for me.
Cut the crap. All Ive got all these years is your ridiculous hate towards me, trash talking me on the back while posting good things about me to look cool !
Guess what ?
I could care less about your false respects.
All I care about is the respect of the other TRUE PKS, which I am sure I have.
And I feel the same respect for them, even if they are on enemy guilds.
I still appreciate you WyRm.
You have always been true to yourself and your friends, don't let the lamer tamers and trammys get to you.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually,

Whenever I get PK'd by Wyrm, at least he makes me laugh. Can't say as much for some of the other PK'ers

B

Bluebottle

Guards going away would be a death-knell for the critically important in-town crafting folk. Since this is the shard where GM crafted items are a key commodity I think it would be a truly disasterous change.

Aelfric

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I would mind (in fact I think i might like it more) if guards were just tough NPCs. They could be a bit more evadable, rather than the usual insta-killing that they can do. I also think that they should be killable to an extent. Lots of other things would have to change to make this practical, but i'm all for more "realism".

I think if these changes happened and people still disagreed with wyrm, then it would give them more reason to organize and defend said 'blues', which would just make the game more interesting and exciting all around.

These are all just silly speculations. In the least I think that weakening the guards is a perfectly okay thing to happen.

Oh yeah, and Tinkers should get blunderbusses.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I would mind (in fact I think i might like it more) if guards were just tough NPCs. They could be a bit more evadable, rather than the usual insta-killing that they can do. I also think that they should be killable to an extent. Lots of other things would have to change to make this practical, but i'm all for more "realism".

I think if these changes happened and people still disagreed with wyrm, then it would give them more reason to organize and defend said 'blues', which would just make the game more interesting and exciting all around.

These are all just silly speculations. In the least I think that weakening the guards is a perfectly okay thing to happen.

Oh yeah, and Tinkers should get blunderbusses.

Please forget this idea of creating groups to defend 'blues'. It does not fit on Siege Perilous.
Besides, that idea gives opponents to the 'reds', and I just do not want that!
Let us just let the wolves eat wolves.
Let the 'blues' do their thing away from the 'reds'.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Please forget this idea of creating groups to defend 'blues'. It does not fit on Siege Perilous.
Wrong, It's fit Siege very well and worked well in the past.
The problem is, we do have far to much land now and global chat only works in KR.

In the past we was using IRC channels to connect the shard.

I'm not sure alliances is any good for the shard.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
irc didn't go anywhere. I still chat on it daily.

Plus we now have Stratics connector. A voice chat programme that's like irc in that you can create your own guild channel or join a public channel. Not that anyone's actually using it as far as I can tell from the few times I've logged in. :(

Only voice I've heard is Dor's and she only logged in to it so that I could check that my set up actually worked.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong, It's fit Siege very well and worked well in the past.
The problem is, we do have far to much land now and global chat only works in KR.

In the past we was using IRC channels to connect the shard.

I'm not sure alliances is any good for the shard.
Listen little vampire! Just because those so called groups of pretending blues
got together and fought other red groups does not mean they ever defend
the true blues. It never happened. They are both wolves!
I saw too many staged events only for the purpose of getting a fight for the wolves.

Did they ever stand watch over miners, lumberjackers, etcs while they worked? I am sure that would bored them to death!

Calling people into help after the fact of attack is too late or just takes too long.

What true blues need is that extra land mass to keep away from those hunting them and information of habits of the hunters. The blues know the risk they take.

The land is here to stay, the blues will use it!

As for the IRC channels, I sure that it got more use by the wolves, what would
a lone blue call out to when maybe wolves listening?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen little vampire! Just because those so called groups of pretending blues got together and fought other red groups does not mean they ever defend the true blues. It never happened. They are both wolves! I saw too many staged events only for the purpose of getting a fight for the wolves.

Did they ever stand watch over miners, lumberjackers, etcs while they worked? I am sure that would bored them to death!
Well of course people who like PvP want to fight and try to create opportunities to do so! If there is no one for them to fight they become bored. Standing next to someone and doing nothing but waiting for something that may happen, while the other person does what they like to do in the game (resource gather) is hardly a tempting prospect, nor would it really be fair to ask someone to do that...after all the game is meant to be entertainment.

While I love the fact that UO allows people to be purely crafters & resource gatherers, I do wish that UO had made better provision for people with different play styles to effectively do things together within the game, and not be separated by template choices. I.e. - I would like to see players being able to share an activity while each one is utilizing their SPECIFIC template features, not one or more using work-arounds to get access to other skills in order to share an activity, such as a crafter loading up with jewels and magic items to get bare minimum in a combat skill. WoW separates players by levels, UO separates them by templates.

-Skylark

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
irc didn't go anywhere. I still chat on it daily.
I was not think of stratics UO channel but a Siege Perilous channel, think one from Battle Vortex was running it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Listen little vampire! Just because those so called groups of pretending blues
got together and fought other red groups does not mean they ever defend
the true blues. It never happened. They are both wolves!
I saw too many staged events only for the purpose of getting a fight for the wolves.
And if that could keep all so busy that crafters and newbies got some peace, all should be ok.

Calling people into help after the fact of attack is too late or just takes too long.
Think you forgot about the old player towns on Siege.

I got help in Brit Bay Village several times when some griefers was camping our village. Now I did not only get help of blue, I had UDL and GC help me out a few times too.

Also Safe Haven had it's own defenders SHR who would protect the shop owners and their customers. Now color did not mean anything in Safe Haven. All was velcomen no matter of color as long they accepted it was no attack zone. SHR would defend peaceful reds too.

Now I know, you won't understand, but nothing I can do to changes that :lick:

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if that could keep all so busy that crafters and newbies got some peace, all should be ok.

Think you forgot about the old player towns on Siege.

I got help in Brit Bay Village several times when some griefers was camping our village. Now I did not only get help of blue, I had UDL and GC help me out a few times too.

Also Safe Haven had it's own defenders SHR who would protect the shop owners and their customers. Now color did not mean anything in Safe Haven. All was velcomen no matter of color as long they accepted it was no attack zone. SHR would defend peaceful reds too.

Now I know, you won't understand, but nothing I can do to changes that :lick:
I made my report about the guardzone in the present. Why are you talking
about the past as if it was the present. Brit Bay Village, does it still exist?
If no, why bring it up now. Is anyone doing a town where anyone could walk
through visibly and be helped if attacked? I am sure you remembered guilds protecting
their own...I expect that has always true. But, protect an outsider today?
hmm...

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you people ever thought that the constant BS trash that flows on these boards on a daily basis is part of the reason there are so few people playing on Siege...Yea it's got no Insurance for people's Pixel Crack, a lot of folks don't care but jeeze you folks make it seem like Siege is full of jerks and idiots. How are you going to get people to play here if you can't display 1 single shred of positive community?

QFT
We do need both... Nexus is absolutely right.

We need good guys and bad buys both... people do need to see that we're not all about the drama, but it does add entertainment and spice to our feuds...

Either way, you can consider me the opposite of Wyrm. I've been a Blue for 11+ years. And if you are grey, red or orange, I will face plant you or die trying.

The guards should work properly. It's the dumbest idea ever to even think about changing it. This is about being the hard shard, but not just for blues, but reds too. So since you said that's what you want, enjoy the challenge of killing blues in guardzones.

tah tah

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Stratics irc I regularly log in to #ultima-online #siege-perilous and #pvp4all. The third one is a Europa channel. The siege channel is there. Only mostly it's just me, Dor and sometimes Terry in it.

I've also created a siege perilous channel on connector, should anyone choose to use it I'll log in and talk to them.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not joining the "to be or not to be" guard debate, I came here as a crafer expecting to be pk'd...wasnt expecting the bank killing but I've taken that with a grain of salt. However, the above statement had something I think a lot of people overlook...the very last line "...the way u want that makes it fun" the only problem with that is when it interferes with other peoples fun. You all have been on this shard for far longer then I and know the way things run much better. And most of you have great views that make even someone who despised pvp and crafter-killing on production shards enjoy it here...but when a group of people kill a naked crafter over and over and over and over...why would that be fun for you? and as was said in previous posts, why would more people come to a shard where they're never given a chance?
A few of you have met me since I've been here and I cant say that I've had anything terrible to say about anything, nor have I uttered "guards" once, even when I knew what was about to happen...I accepted it and even decided to start wearing things worth looting once I got my skills up to par, just to make killing me more then a seemingly bully move.
As to killing all crafters, fishers, etc...just remember, every one of you loved us at one point in your gaming career! No matter how hardcore pvp and pk you are, you all loved us! Even if it was just for the easy kill.

My two cents