• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling the guards on Siege Perilous: a report

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guards on Siege Perilous have not been working as some people think
they should. You can call the guards on wandering monsters and criminals
inside the guardzones. But, you can only call them once!

Also, the guards may not necessily kill the person or monster you called on!

This is not a new occurrence, but one which has been slowly becoming
worse.

This is just my opinion: The guards are going away on Siege Perilous or
atleast will be so nerf to be uneffective most of the time.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

N

Nico

worse.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
*claps*

O

Ole Cheapy

I have been exploiting the lack of protection the guards provide for quite some time now. *chuckles*

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually started to see this at the beginning of this year.
I can not report this occurrence, since it is not a game bug; IMHO!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

O

Ole Cheapy

There is a small window when you can attack and 80% you will get away with it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ask the new thieves around town if the guards are working...lol. I haven't seen their lack of response as claimed...la

A

Alrich

After losing my nice MR set of runic sammy plate at trins gate to TNT, guards aren't workin too well :-(

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Complaining about GUARDS on Siege Perilous is beyond lame !
There should be NO GUARDS anywhere at all on this veteran Shard.
If you re so worried about guards not doing well, why dont you just go play on a Trammel Shard ?
You will have GUARDS and a whole safe land with absolutely no risk ! Try it out... Might fit your playstyle better...

“Guards on Siege not working well...”

GIVE ME A BREAK !!

S

Shakaja

If you re so worried about guards not doing well, why dont you just go play on a Trammel Shard ?
You will have GUARDS and a whole safe land with absolutely no risk ! Try it out... Might fit your playstyle better...

GIVE ME A BREAK !!

you realize its quite funny to tell that to something while running a mage with a blessed orni and completely naked besides that? thats like me playing my naked tamer and tell that to someone xD

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

GIVE ME A BREAK !!
Lol go teleport onto a wall... I used to have respect for you back in the day... Now I just feel sorry for you .... You truly are pathetic...

I hope that one day you will return to your old self and quit running from fights...

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

GIVE ME A BREAK !!
You are not entitle to a break in anything. I am here to stay.
I just reporting the facts folks!
I am ready for anything that happens, including the removal of the guardzones.
Frankly, I believe that the Pkers on Siege Perilous deserve what they have,
a hard shard. Why, should they want anyone else to populate Siege Perilous.
Oh, just more victums! Duh!
But, the truth is... wolves eat other wolves... no one else should help them
have fun! So, everyone who does not do PvPing... just avoid them until they
go away!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

M

Mechanic

There should be GUARDS EVERYWHERE at all on this veteran Shard.
If you re so worried about getting guard whacked, why don't you just go play outside of guard zone ?
You will have NO GUARDS and a whole safe land with absolutely no risk ! Try it out... Might fit your playstyle better...

GIVE ME A BREAK !!
fixed it for you.

A

Alrich

no guards anywhere would just be stupid. would just be one big slaughterfest and instead of seeing people in towns, people would either be hidden, pvping, or in their house. boo.

Now if they did alter the guard rules where you can only call once, and made it more difficult to hide and run to gz's, cool. It is the hard shard. But it should be intentional, and mentioned, not just out of the blue they stop working

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

GIVE ME A BREAK !!
Long ago, I had some respect for you. Now I feel pity for you.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

GIVE ME A BREAK !!
thought siege was a trammel shard...

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screw all of you hypocrites talking about the "respect" you used to have for me.
Cut the crap. All Ive got all these years is your ridiculous hate towards me, trash talking mee on the back while posting good things about me to look cool !
Guess what ?
I could care less about your false respects.
All I care about is the respect of the other TRUE PKS, which I am sure I have.
And I feel the same respect for them, even if they are on enemy guilds.
Even some members of the infamous trash talking guild KOC have my respect, and they know who they are.

Whats the matter Shak ? Are you worried that your dragon cannot get more than 11 each regs from me nowadays ? Perhaps if you stopped using your tamer and came fight me on your mage Id give you an interesting fight. But whats the point in equipping decently to just die to a NPC five screens away from it ? No, no thank you... You have your fun with your dragon and I have mine bank killing people.

And hey Kage... I dont run from fights. I run from NPCs (dragons). Im sure everyone who has played with me knows that.
If you come ALONE against me, without the backup of stealth tamers I will fight till some of us is on the ground.

And HEY FREJA ??? Damn... You must have brilliant informants everywhere in SOsaria. Because you know about everything I do, still I dont see you EVER... Do you play in "forever-stealth-mode" ???
How can I say "I have Freja's respect" if Freja doesnt even exist ???? :{{
AT LEAST SHOW YOURSELF SOMEWHERE !

And yeah, I reiterate. There should be no guard zones on Siege. All chars should be created here insta-fully trained...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no guards anywhere would just be stupid. would just be one big slaughterfest and instead of seeing people in towns, people would either be hidden, pvping, or in their house. boo.

Now if they did alter the guard rules where you can only call once, and made it more difficult to hide and run to gz's, cool. It is the hard shard. But it should be intentional, and mentioned, not just out of the blue they stop working
QFT. Ruleset is one thing, bugs and undocumented changes are another.

-Skylark

O

Ole Cheapy

I got your back, Wyrm, we will kill every single pathetic, blue, safe shopping, gz hugging panzie on siege! :)

LOL @ kage & Freja.

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got your back, Wyrm, we will kill every single pathetic, blue, safe shopping, gz hugging panzie on siege! :)

LOL @ kage & Freja.

AHHHHHHH Finally a noble one.,,.
Thanks milord. I no longer feel alone ! :_}

YES.,,. DEATH TO ALL BLUES, SHOPPERS, CRAFTERS, FARMERS, FISHERMEN AND TRAMMELITES OUT THERE !!
FOR THE EMPEROR !!!!!!

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow a noble one... Funny u talk about these so called noble and true reds... But where are they? I have only known them to be found in 3 areas... Teleporting onto walls for there life, Hiding in houses, or stealthing...

You and ol Cheapy can form and guild call your self the Naked Bandits

Guild Charter: We pray on those who can't fight back.... Muhahaha srsly u are pathetic...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You and ol Cheapy can form and guild call your self the Naked Bandits

Guild Charter: We pray on those who can't fight back.... Muhahaha srsly u are pathetic...
Well, to be fair, both have always said they are not PvPers, but PKers, and they prefer targets that can't fight back.

I advise against them forming a guild together. That way, WyRm can kill Cheapy on his BLUE crafter, while he tries to call for guards unsuccessfully, then Cheapy can be a noble yet "false red" and take a break from crafter killing to stalk WyRm relentlessly until he gets an opportunity to ambush him from stealth, then they can both be happy. :)

-Skylark

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And guess what Wyrm Shak is not the only one to fight with a Superdragon... Members of your guild, Our guild, JSV, and all the others... run them as well...

You don't see my running around naked on my mage....

Suck it up and play... there are many ways around them... Ninja for dismount, Confusion potions when the pet is on you... works very well... Invis Potions...

Para fields, Para spell both work very well against the SUPER DRAG that u hide and run from...

Lord Dagon would be ashamed....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not even sure you are the same WyRm.
And I do not need to see your actions, I have ears. I remember when you had some class, now you are just a pain on the shard, destroying what we try to build.

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you saying ò great Kage ?
Look at yourself... Got a mirror ?

You only equip godly because you have a splendid back up, otherwise you wouldnt have the guts to fight like that.
You know that if you die, even if its a fair 1x1, you wont lose your stuff ever because :

1 - Your guildmates will be there within 3 seconds after you fall so your killer wont be able to loot you
2 - Shakaja is 24 hours daily online, so his dragon is available anytime anywhere... And come on.. Who can survive Shak's dragon ??? Even with 70 fire resists, its fireballs still do 70 damage !!

Now if you were on my place, and had to face Shakaja's dragon while being dismounted by some stealthers... Would your godly equipment save you ? Nah.,,. It would all be lost daily.

We could all have great fights, I dont mind losing stuff to good fights... But losing stuff to a NPC is beyond boring.. If at least my items went to the dragon itself....

Anyway, matters not... You have your fun near NPCs and I have mine at banks.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave the house more or the wall and u would see what I fight until then u can put your fooot in your mouth even deeper... I died to 5 TNT me being the only KOC around at the time with a crazy suit... and there was 5 of them sitting inside the house ... casting, Armor ignoring, dismounting, etc. I finally died... but I died standing in front of all 5 of them...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AHHHHHHH Finally a noble one.,,.
Thanks milord. I no longer feel alone ! :_}

YES.,,. DEATH TO ALL BLUES, SHOPPERS, CRAFTERS, FARMERS, FISHERMEN AND TRAMMELITES OUT THERE !!
FOR THE EMPEROR !!!!!!
shesh #2!!! how quick your forget! :scholar:

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not even sure you are the same WyRm.
And I do not need to see your actions, I have ears. I remember when you had some class, now you are just a pain on the shard, destroying what we try to build.
Which is what since you seem to have it all planned out? What excatly are you trying to build? and what is it going to acomplish? Please do tell?

I cant let my man wrym sit here and get bashed from all sides. Anyone who plays or has played with wrym hopefully knows him and/or his playstyle. He likes to kill helpless blues, simple as that.

There was once a time when thats what people did...Gate/Recall around looking for blue(and you also had the noto pks who went around trying to kill reds/grays) people to kill. But since siege's population is thrivin so well its been harder and harder to find targets making him resort too... Naked bank killing...

And for the record the tamers are out of hand, EVERY guild has a few of them on, on a daily/nightly basis and use them on the field so yall should just stop calling each other out... AND GO AWAY FROM LUNA AND YOU WONT HAVE NEARLY AS MANY TAMERS THERE....

The reasons there are never ending tamers sitting at the guardzone is that little thing called a wandering healer and the shrine inside the bank.... You guys move to a location without healers/shrines and I believe that the tamer problem you currently are having will slowly get better. They will have alot longer time to re-equip and show up to the fight.. Vs insta ressing and hitting your all kill/last target macro...

TAMERS FTW! :sad4:

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave the house more or the wall and u would see what I fight until then u can put your fooot in your mouth even deeper... I died to 5 TNT me being the only KOC around at the time with a crazy suit... and there was 5 of them sitting inside the house ... casting, Armor ignoring, dismounting, etc. I finally died... but I died standing in front of all 5 of them...
But like you just stated, You died outside thier house allowing them to shoot/cast on you from inside. (And they will claim they are inside the house because of the tamers) Its just a never ending circle of he said she said bull****.... GOD :bowdown: I GIVE UP!!!

A

Azural Kane

Woa woa Puff, slow down.

You make it seem like Wyrm has lost his calling.

In fact he still plays a red, something few have the courage to do, I mean, give the man some credit, he spends all day fighting his enemy guild that plays nothing but blues all day long.

Ah, never mind, I must be mistaken... they're "factions again"... for the week.

:stir: :D :coco:

A

Azural Kane

Really, what's worse...

The naked PVPer, or the naked PVPer complaining about the naked PVPer?

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guards are needed. Me and 3 friends used to get on TC at Bucs gate with Archers, we'd just all target the same person, same time as soon as they ppeared. I really don't want that on SP. It was lame

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woa woa Puff, slow down.

You make it seem like Wyrm has lost his calling.

In fact he still plays a red, something few have the courage to do, I mean, give the man some credit, he spends all day fighting his enemy guild that plays nothing but blues all day long.

Ah, never mind, I must be mistaken... they're "factions again"... for the week.

:stir: :D :coco:
You sound like your trying to take pop shots at us... Not cool no one ever disrespected you when u was guilded with us. I even gave u items for free gave u access to my crafter and resources etc.

You never honestly pvped with us and when u did u died pretty quick not because u was bad or got no heals but because of your slow cpu.

Me or anyone else never complained that u never really wanted to do stuff with the guild u was more like a solo guy but with a KOC tag but still u got nothing but respect.

I may be taking your post the wrong way but that is what I gathered so correct me if I am wrong.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Have you people ever thought that the constant BS trash that flows on these boards on a daily basis is part of the reason there are so few people playing on Siege...Yea it's got no Insurance for people's Pixel Crack, a lot of folks don't care but jeeze you folks make it seem like Siege is full of jerks and idiots. How are you going to get people to play here if you can't display 1 single shred of positive community?

M

Masumatek

I think removal of guards would be a plus on Siege, though I think a better system is one where everyone is in factions and guards remain. I don't see the big issue with crafters being "unprotected." Of course, I understand not wanting to die, but protection should be provided by fellow players, not guards...or the crafter can pick up some combat skills and fight back:p. It's hard to predict exactly how no guards would turn out. Yes, it might be a little chaotic. But what we have now with the guards is very sad.

M

Mechanic

removing guards from siege will turn the whole place into a stealthing ghost town.

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

worse.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
I play on this shard for 8 months and now you tell me there are guard zones?
Good grief! I thought this was the "hard shard"

King Edward

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

GIVE ME A BREAK !!

you realize its quite funny to tell that to something while running a mage with a blessed orni and completely naked besides that? thats like me playing my naked tamer and tell that to someone xD
Spot On:scholar:

A

Azural Kane

You sound like your trying to take pop shots at us... Not cool no one ever disrespected you when u was guilded with us. I even gave u items for free gave u access to my crafter and resources etc.

You never honestly pvped with us and when u did u died pretty quick not because u was bad or got no heals but because of your slow cpu.

Me or anyone else never complained that u never really wanted to do stuff with the guild u was more like a solo guy but with a KOC tag but still u got nothing but respect.

I may be taking your post the wrong way but that is what I gathered so correct me if I am wrong.
For the record,

I love nearly everyone I've ever had the chance to meet and sit down and talk to off the trashtalking battlefield on Siege. Everyone in KOC was great to me personally, including you. We did a lot of spawns together, chilled alot, etc.

I despise, however, the mentality that is rotting this last official vestige of UO-as-its-meant-to-be known as Siege Perilous. I will stand up for Wyrm, Puffy, Chard, Wrath, Shak, you Kage, or ANY of my friends for that matter when someone who used to, also, call them a friend, starts trash talking them for no other reason than to pump up their ego and self image in a, truly, dying, community.

Wyrm does something that takes more courage and conviction than 99% of the people still playing on this shard have the sense to do, he plays a red, but more importantly, he plays his character the way he originally intended, without compromise. Wyrm is one of the few left that refuses to "go blue" just to stay with the times. He does not play a template of the week. He doesn't change his own character design to suit the screwed up mess that EA has turned this game into.

How many out there started playing a red, and then turned blue out of what?
How many wanted to play a certain type of template, and then changed it when the going got tough?

Compromise.

I left not because of my computer, which I upgraded enough to PVP a solid two months before I quit. I play UO to enjoy PVP and I left EA because EA has all but abandoned it, long, long ago. Too many things would have to change for me to ever want to give them another dime. Ridiculously profit-driven item-based gaming and PVP... PVM crossed way, way, too far into PVP (Superdragons/beetles/you name it...)

The attitude here can be all but laughable. People on one side gripe about the enemy having too many superdragons? So what do they do? Do they keep their reds and kick the enemy's ass while the odds are against them, retaining bragging rights? No... that'd make too much sense. They compromise, changing their templates, notos, and factions to make things easier, in the end just stooping to the level of those they gripe about all day long.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea i can't think of another player who only owns a red and has played basically the same template for years because he refuses to compromise and go with the template of the week for pvp.

*smacks head*

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record,

I love nearly everyone I've ever had the chance to meet and sit down and talk to off the trashtalking battlefield on Siege. Everyone in KOC was great to me personally, including you. We did a lot of spawns together, chilled alot, etc.

I despise, however, the mentality that is rotting this last official vestige of UO-as-its-meant-to-be known as Siege Perilous. I will stand up for Wyrm, Puffy, Chard, Wrath, Shak, you Kage, or ANY of my friends for that matter when someone who used to, also, call them a friend, starts trash talking them for no other reason than to pump up their ego and self image in a, truly, dying, community.

Wyrm does something that takes more courage and conviction than 99% of the people still playing on this shard have the sense to do, he plays a red, but more importantly, he plays his character the way he originally intended, without compromise. Wyrm is one of the few left that refuses to "go blue" just to stay with the times. He does not play a template of the week. He doesn't change his own character design to suit the screwed up mess that EA has turned this game into.

How many wanted to play a certain type of template, and then changed it when the going got tough?

Compromise.

I left not because of my computer, which I upgraded enough to PVP a solid two months before I quit. I play UO to enjoy PVP and I left EA because EA has all but abandoned it, long, long ago. Too many things would have to change for me to ever want to give them another dime. Ridiculously profit-driven item-based gaming and PVP... PVM crossed way, way, too far into PVP (Superdragons/beetles/you name it...)

The attitude here can be all but laughable. People on one side gripe about the enemy having too many superdragons? So what do they do? Do they keep their reds and kick the enemy's ass while the odds are against them, retaining bragging rights? No... that'd make too much sense. They compromise, changing their templates, notos, and factions to make things easier, in the end just stooping to the level of those they gripe about all day long.

Very good post

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record,

Compromise.

Its for people like Azural Kane that I care about having some kind of respect ! :}
Someone who has actually something good and intelligent to say, instead of those who only trash talk people just because they arent on their guilds.

Thanks milord. And hope to see thou on Sosaria once again, when EA fixes and balances PvP, of course ! :_[}

Oh, and before I forget...
DEATH TO ALL PEASANTS, FARMERS, COOKERS AND TRAMMELITES !!!!! Muwhahaha

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record,

Compromise.

QFT!
wyrm is awesome, he plays the same way he always has played, he never lied and never pretends otherwise. everyone knows what to expect from wyrm, and i cant say that about 90% of the shard.
Wyrm screw them all! your great at whatcha do, dont let them get to u!
:hug:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Which is what since you seem to have it all planned out? What excatly are you trying to build? and what is it going to acomplish? Please do tell?
It's not just me, the shard is trying to get more players. Killing newbies and crafters in town do not help the shard.
For a newbie, who not yet do have a house, the town is his home. That's where he get to know some and find some to hunt with.
Friends are what make players stay here. Towns are a perfect place to make friends.
Also for crafters and gatherers, towns are important, they will hang out there, doing bods, quests and dealing with their customers.

More life in the towns will make the shard look less emty, it will bring more players to Siege. More players will also mean more players outside town and more for reds to kill.

A player who give up = one less victim for the wolves.
A player who stay, may very well bring his friends too = more victims.

Now I know WyRm hate blues but what would WyRm be without blues? We had already seen that, a shadow of what he ones was.

I cant let my man wrym sit here and get bashed from all sides. Anyone who plays or has played with wrym hopefully knows him and/or his playstyle. He likes to kill helpless blues, simple as that.
That's fine, but some class do not hurt. There is not much class in killing in town and having a friend rez him so he can abuse the guard system and loot his victim.

Whar did happen to the old WyRm, who would go easy on newbies and crafters if they was carrying demon blood to spare their own blood from this thirsty vampire known as WyRm.

There was once a time when thats what people did...Gate/Recall around looking for blue(and you also had the noto pks who went around trying to kill reds/grays) people to kill. But since siege's population is thrivin so well its been harder and harder to find targets making him resort too... Naked bank killing...
I know that, I have very hard finding victims too away from town. I think that's why I get mad when someone destroy the new seed we get instead of letting it grow up and bring new seed to the shard.

And for the record the tamers are out of hand, EVERY guild has a few of them on, on a daily/nightly basis and use them on the field so yall should just stop calling each other out... AND GO AWAY FROM LUNA AND YOU WONT HAVE NEARLY AS MANY TAMERS THERE....
I agree tamers and stealthers need a nerf here.

The reasons there are never ending tamers sitting at the guardzone is that little thing called a wandering healer and the shrine inside the bank.... You guys move to a location without healers/shrines and I believe that the tamer problem you currently are having will slowly get better. They will have alot longer time to re-equip and show up to the fight.. Vs insta ressing and hitting your all kill/last target macro...
I think we need changes to flaging so a aggressore can't res from shines or wandering healers just like a crime can't rez, that would move alot of this blue tamers away from town.

Also from the old evil/hero system, we had a system, where attacking/looting an evil would flag you to all evil for 2 mins, lets bring that back, so a blues attacking one red won't be able to hide behind the guards and blue looters of red bodies would be flaget to reds.

H

HaHa

QFT!
wyrm is awesome, he plays the same way he always has played, he never lied and never pretends otherwise. everyone knows what to expect from wyrm, and i cant say that about 90% of the shard.
Wyrm screw them all! your great at whatcha do, dont let them get to u!
:hug:
Pfft, wtf ever, Wyrm is a spinna rider.