• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido training

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. You must be in a Tram ruleset land and not in a guild to spam Lightning Strike on your pet for Bushido training. Otherwise you'll kill it.
@PlayerSkillFTW

I need to train Bushido, Trammel ruleset, NOT in a Guild, cast Lightning Strike on my own pet, attacked it, and it took damage and I killed it....

By the way, I told it to Guard me before attacking it, not sure if that makes any difference.... but I do not think it does because, after having it ressed, I tried again without this time telling it to Guard me, and my attack killed it likewise....

And I tried attacking someone else's pet in trammel, not mine, but in Trammel it won't let me attack it...

So, how can one train Bushido in Trammel other then fighting regular spawn ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@PlayerSkillFTW

I need to train Bushido, Trammel ruleset, NOT in a Guild, cast Lightning Strike on my own pet, attacked it, and it took damage and I killed it....

By the way, I told it to Guard me before attacking it, not sure if that makes any difference.... but I do not think it does because, after having it ressed, I tried again without this time telling it to Guard me, and my attack killed it likewise....

And I tried attacking someone else's pet in trammel, not mine, but in Trammel it won't let me attack it...

Be gargish, throwing weapon +slug pits in underworld casting lighting strike. Mana leech on weapon, hit area spell, velocity and hit spell +wraith form will help you cast it every swing.
Or just use 100% poison weapon and wolf spider.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TheGrimReefer

What do you mean, need to be Guilded ?

That in order to be able to train Bushido casting Lightning Strike in Trammel from attacking one's own pet, without it taking damage, one needs to be in a Guild ?
That means that you need to be in an active Guild.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be gargish, throwing weapon +slug pits in underworld casting lighting strike. Mana leech on weapon, hit area spell, velocity and hit spell +wraith form will help you cast it every swing.
Not a Gargoyle, though...

What is a way to train up Bushido for non-Gargoyles ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Not a Gargoyle, though...

What is a way to train up Bushido for non-Gargoyles ?
Try to read my previous comment to the end. Or go beat ortanord.
You know, there are soulstones in this game, right?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, there are soulstones in this game, right?
Absolutely, but if I need to train Bushido all the way to 120 skill on a Gargoyle character not meant to carry Bushido, this would mean that I'd have to invest in a 120 Bushido Powerscroll only to train the skill and then move it to the other character that needs it who is not a Gargoyle....

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Absolutely, but if I need to train Bushido all the way to 120 skill on a Gargoyle character not meant to carry Bushido, this would mean that I'd have to invest in a 120 Bushido Powerscroll only to train the skill and then move it to the other character that needs it who is not a Gargoyle....
just use 100% poison weapon and wolf spider.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW

Why not just use regular spawn i hate the way we train resisting spells get on boat let non damage things attack you..the fact that you train faster that way than against idk a dungeon full of casters trying to kill you is stupid but i think it's also why some people struggle more with paragons gotta learn the dance..

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Why not just use regular spawn i hate the way we train resisting spells get on boat let non damage things attack you..the fact that you train faster that way than against idk a dungeon full of casters trying to kill you is stupid but i think it's also why some people struggle more with paragons gotta learn the dance..
It is because training at some mobs can give loot need other skills =>slow gains.
Only mobs I can train bush with weapon skill and Bushido (no tactics and other skills) are vermins in Cavern of Discarded. Long fight with boss can give food gans.
Just need good weapon and vermin slayer talisman.
Parry I always train on sheeps. Right now I run my ninja with not finished parry. Gains are EXTREMELY slow.
Same for necromancy : I never use it except for vamp form. Never had SS In my templates.

If this game will have more rewarding low -level mobs - may be I'll do it different.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is because training at some mobs can give loot need other skills =>slow gains.
Only mobs I can train bush with weapon skill and Bushido (no tactics and other skills) are vermins in Cavern of Discarded. Long fight with boss can give food gans.
Just need good weapon and vermin slayer talisman.
Parry I always train on sheeps. Right now I run my ninja with not finished parry. Gains are EXTREMELY slow.
Same for necromancy : I never use it except for vamp form. Never had SS In my templates.

If this game will have more rewarding low -level mobs - may be I'll do it different.
I don't disagree just wish we could fix it..

The haven quest decent start but after you hit 50 move to the mines to get to GM..

Honestly I use only mythic tokens anymore I've done every skill from scratch the old fashioned way.... a great vet reward would be a test center like control any skill you've trained can be set...

Kir

Journeyman
Get a good mana regen suits (or/and Lich form) > get a spell channeling fishing pole > command cat to stay on spot > stack on top of the cat > attack and spam Lightning strike to 120 if you wish.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That means that you need to be in an active Guild.
Well, I tried while being in an active Guild and also this time I killed my own pet....

So, it does not work also when in an active Guild I am afraid....

My last option is therefore to try the Wolf Spider with a 100% poison weapon as @gwen suggested...

I am not sure, though, if I can control with 0 Animal Taming and 0 Animal Lore a Wolf Spider that I get transferred by a Tamer who tamed it....

Actually, I am not even sure if they can be tamed... I do not see them as listed on the UO-CAH Web Site Ultima Online Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

But UOGuide at Wolf Spider - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia indicates a requirement of 59.1 Taming difficulty.... if they are tameable, it is odd that I do not see them as listed in the UO CAH Bestiary...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, I tried while being in an active Guild and also this time I killed my own pet....

So, it does not work also when in an active Guild I am afraid....

My last option is therefore to try the Wolf Spider with a 100% poison weapon as @gwen suggested...

I am not sure, though, if I can control with 0 Animal Taming and 0 Animal Lore a Wolf Spider that I get transferred by a Tamer who tamed it....

Actually, I am not even sure if they can be tamed... I do not see them as listed on the UO-CAH Web Site Ultima Online Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

But UOGuide at Wolf Spider - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia indicates a requirement of 59.1 Taming difficulty.... if they are tameable, it is odd that I do not see them as listed in the UO CAH Bestiary...
It can be someone else's spider also many things work better in fel do you want access to my house?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a good mana regen suits (or/and Lich form) > get a spell channeling fishing pole > command cat to stay on spot > stack on top of the cat > attack and spam Lightning strike to 120 if you wish.
@Kir

And how come the cat does not get killed ?

Does the cat need to be tamed by the character or does it need to be a wild cat ?

Kir

Journeyman
@Kir

And how come the cat does not get killed ?

Does the cat need to be tamed by the character or does it need to be a wild cat ?
Just try it, you must stand on top of the cat for it to work (fishing pole must be equipped of course). Works in trammel, doesn't need to be guilded. I normally just get the cat from npc.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I don't disagree just wish we could fix it..

The haven quest decent start but after you hit 50 move to the mines to get to GM..

Honestly I use only mythic tokens anymore I've done every skill from scratch the old fashioned way.... a great vet reward would be a test center like control any skill you've trained can be set...
Haven mines need running around, it slows your gains and no good loot or expensive stuff new player can sell.
Cavern gives imbuing stuff you can sell at Magnicia immediately. And it is long fight: melee ratmans lvl 2 and boss there have lots of HP.
Fel Despise also good. 2+k gold from each lizard man if you skin them and sell leather. Same amount as Miasma gives.
Helps to earn gold to gear up fast.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Ok, popps, go to termur, aggro, lure to silent place, and lighting strike ortanord. With any weapon. Melee or ranged. Weapon must be equipped. In hand. In hand of a character you are training. You will need mana for this and some way to heal your character. Don't die, you cannot train Bushido when dead.
If something not listed on some website it doesn't mean it does not exist or cannot be tamed.
You have so much belligerent ignorance in your posts, really.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Some friends of mine were training weapons with this tactic and tried to do lightning strike and it was doing damage to the spider.

Is there something special you have to do?
Ok, I was definitely doing Bush with spiders. May be I was using Momentum strike with 2 spiders? Now I do it with gargs and throwing. Gains faster : need NO other skills. 30hidden throwing is enough for slimes to hit them. And 20 necro on a jewel for wraith form.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I do it with gargs and throwing. Gains faster : need NO other skills. 30hidden throwing is enough for slimes to hit them. And 20 necro on a jewel for wraith form.
@gwen

I am considering investing in a 120 powerscroll to put on the Gargoyle for this training, but before I go with the expense, if I may, one question....

Why a Gargoyle and why a Thrower ?

If it is not to be hit by the acid that the slimes spit, couldn't just any other ranged character such as for example an archer (can be human or elf) be viable just as well ?

What are the motifs why you suggest for it to be a Gargoyle, and a Thrower as compared to an Archer who could be a Human or an Elf ?

Thanks for the much welcomed advice.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@gwen

I am considering investing in a 120 powerscroll to put on the Gargoyle for this training, but before I go with the expense, if I may, one question....

Why a Gargoyle and why a Thrower ?

If it is not to be hit by the acid that the slimes spit, couldn't just any other ranged character such as for example an archer (can be human or elf) be viable just as well ?

What are the motifs why you suggest for it to be a Gargoyle, and a Thrower as compared to an Archer who could be a Human or an Elf ?

Thanks for the much welcomed advice.
75 - 105: Cast Evasion.

Set up a macro that pushes your evasion button every 26 seconds. Go watch a movie for a few days.

After that you have to do Momentum strike.

Kinda like I said a few years ago...

Spam lightning strike and evasion while you attack high HP stuff.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just use 100% poison weapon and wolf spider.
Some friends of mine were training weapons with this tactic and tried to do lightning strike and it was doing damage to the spider.

Is there something special you have to do?
I mentioned this years ago (this thread was started in 2018...), Lightning Strike has a chance to deliver a Critical (ignores Resists) based on your Bushido skill. 13% chance at GM Bushido, up to 20% chance at 120 Bushido.

Ok, I was definitely doing Bush with spiders. May be I was using Momentum strike with 2 spiders?
That's how you were doing it. Momentum Strike does not ignore Resists like Criticals from Lightning Strike can.

There's a few modern ways to gain Bushido rapidly. You can wear a 30 MR/55% LMC Suit and spam Lightning Strike on Gregorio (who's immune to damage unless you're on a specific quest). If Gregorio is disarmed, then he can't dish out enough damage to kill you.

An even faster way, is a variation of the "Satyr Trick". You can take control of a Phantom in Despise, get it up to Lvl 15 (they have around 158 Disco at Lvl 15, even higher than Paragon Satyrs), and then have it discord your Bushido char (without getting your Bush char killed by the Phantom, Invis helps). While wearing a 30 MR/55% LMC/4 FC/6 FCR Suit, you can then spam Counter Attack or Confidence for quick gains. Using this method and SoAs, i've gotten chars from 50-GM Bushido within 2-3 hours. Works exceptionally well for getting Chiv to 120 as well. Numerous other skills as well.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An even faster way, is a variation of the "Satyr Trick". You can take control of a Phantom in Despise, get it up to Lvl 15 (they have around 158 Disco at Lvl 15, even higher than Paragon Satyrs), and then have it discord your Bushido char (without getting your Bush char killed by the Phantom, Invis helps). While wearing a 30 MR/55% LMC/4 FC/6 FCR Suit, you can then spam Counter Attack or Confidence for quick gains. Using this method and SoAs, i've gotten chars from 50-GM Bushido within 2-3 hours. Works exceptionally well for getting Chiv to 120 as well. Numerous other skills as well.
@PlayerSkillFTW

I guess that to use this method, one needs to have negativa Karma otherwise, they would be attacked by all Creatures of where the Phantom is, is that so ?

For those with Positive Karma, does it work the same by taking control of a Silenii and taking it up to Lvl 15 ?

I mean, are they symmetrical the Phantom and the Silenii in their Discording ability at the same lvl of Training ?

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@gwen

As I said, I am considering investing in 120 Bushido scroll to put on a Gargoyle Thrower in order to train up Bushido as you suggested....

First and foremost, you mentioned "Velocity" yet, Throwing Weapons cannot have Velocity, only Archery Weapons can...

What other Property, therefore, would the Throwing Weapon need to have, if it cannot be Velocity ?

Or, if it is important to use a Velocity Weapon, would then a Human/Elf Archer character be just as functional as a Gargolye Thrower with this method that you suggest to use to train up more effectively the Bushido skill ?

Or does it HAVE TO BE a Gargoyle and a Throwing Weapon ? If so, may I ask the why of it ?

Does the Throwing Weapon also need to be Spell Channelling in order to be able to cast Lightning Strike while holding it or this is not necessary for Bushido spells ?

If Spell Channelling is not necessary, considering how Slugs are weak to Fire, do you think that such an imbued Throwing Weapon could work well for Bushido traning purposes ?

Boomerang, to take advantage of the faster speed (2.75s)

- Damage Increase
- Hit Fire Area
- Hit Fireball
- Mana Leech
- 5th Property ?

Thanks for the help.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@gwen

As I said, I am considering investing in 120 Bushido scroll to put on a Gargoyle Thrower in order to train up Bushido as you suggested....

First and foremost, you mentioned "Velocity" yet, Throwing Weapons cannot have Velocity, only Archery Weapons can...

What other Property, therefore, would the Throwing Weapon need to have, if it cannot be Velocity ?

Or, if it is important to use a Velocity Weapon, would then a Human/Elf Archer character be just as functional as a Gargolye Thrower with this method that you suggest to use to train up more effectively the Bushido skill ?

Or does it HAVE TO BE a Gargoyle and a Throwing Weapon ? If so, may I ask the why of it ?

Does the Throwing Weapon also need to be Spell Channelling in order to be able to cast Lightning Strike while holding it or this is not necessary for Bushido spells ?

If Spell Channelling is not necessary, considering how Slugs are weak to Fire, do you think that such an imbued Throwing Weapon could work well for Bushido traning purposes ?

Boomerang, to take advantage of the faster speed (2.75s)

- Damage Increase
- Hit Fire Area
- Hit Fireball
- Mana Leech
- 5th Property ?

Thanks for the help.
So I should believe that my gargs weapon don't have velocity even if they do? Even when I am tossing lots of them when reforging? Just because of outdated page on uoguide?
You need to have mana to cast. More damage -more leech. Simple.
Go melee, kick ortanord and train your bushido.

According to question you asking (spell channeling) you haven't managed to raise it past 50!!! Talking on forum for 2 days. Incredible!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
According to question you asking (spell channeling) you haven't managed to raise it past 50!!! Talking on forum for 2 days. Incredible!
Just wait until he goes to the other forum and recommends all the ways the skill could be "improved" in his expert opinion.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the issue is that advice is asked for then rather than taken or not it is broken down in lengthy sentences offering a counter to every bit of advice as if the 1000 of others who had made sampire had perhaps missed this...take the question about negative karma in theory anyone making a sampire was probably training necro as well which yep you guessed it gives you negative karma.... to recap

Keep asking questions

After you ask don't rebutt or ask for clarity

Go and do....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did he really ask if a weapon must be spell channeling to cast lightning strike.

Yes he did. :twak:

I guess you need to also put spell channeling on weapons you put hit lightning on also! :pie:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did he really ask if a weapon must be spell channeling to cast lightning strike.
Well, I always run spellcasters so, I am used to Spell Channelling... not much familiar with dexers at all.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Try to use game , not websites!
And yes, you cannot imbue it. Only reforge. Like many other properties.

What efficient training you are talking? You trained total 0 (ZERO) points in 2 days!
What will be next question? Will you ask what is fastest and most efficient way to make 400 GP to buy skil from NPC in Haven? Or ask how many pages does Bushido book contain , cuz it is so expensive to buy it to check yourself. And you are not yet ready for such investments.

Velocity.JPG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I always run spellcasters so, I am used to Spell Channelling... not much familiar with dexers at all.
So you skip threads with titles like this one that is very relavent to what is about to happen in UO.
NEWS - Ultima Online Turns 24! New Adventures Coming this Fall! Are you ready?

It turned into a weapons for Sampires thread. Do you see any of them with spell channeling.

More quick research less arguing will get your skills up. Buy a dang token and get your difficult skills to 90.

Bush, Weapon skill (you should stick to swords), Tactics, Necro, Parry.

I accidentally forgot to switch anatomy to my Garg toon and in one session I noticed his anatomy was 50. So I just quit switching it and in a few days of PLAYING his anatomy was his max. Resist takes about 30 mins max to get to 100+ if you choose that. Chivalry is a little tough if you are like me and hate skilling.

I refuse to discuss Meditation or Focus.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you skip threads with titles like this one that is very relavent to what is about to happen in UO.
NEWS - Ultima Online Turns 24! New Adventures Coming this Fall! Are you ready?

It turned into a weapons for Sampires thread. Do you see any of them with spell channeling.

More quick research less arguing will get your skills up. Buy a dang token and get your difficult skills to 90.

Bush, Weapon skill (you should stick to swords), Tactics, Necro, Parry.

I accidentally forgot to switch anatomy to my Garg toon and in one session I noticed his anatomy was 50. So I just quit switching it and in a few days of PLAYING his anatomy was his max. Resist takes about 30 mins max to get to 100+ if you choose that. Chivalry is a little tough if you are like me and hate skilling.

I refuse to discuss Meditation or Focus.
Just turn on your Provo mastery and watch tv 120 focus and meditation...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW

I guess that to use this method, one needs to have negativa Karma otherwise, they would be attacked by all Creatures of where the Phantom is, is that so ?

For those with Positive Karma, does it work the same by taking control of a Silenii and taking it up to Lvl 15 ?

I mean, are they symmetrical the Phantom and the Silenii in their Discording ability at the same lvl of Training ?
Having the Phantom kill red creatures until Lvl 15 will turn the Phantom blue along the way. Once it reaches Lvl 15, go through a gate into the top level of Despise, where the blue creatures spawn. So long as you have positive Karma, and the Phantom has turned blue, nothing up there will attack you. You can train in peace then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, I am working on my Bushido......
Why don't you play UO and gain the rest? Momentum strike.

How were you not able to stick a weapon in your hand and not know what skills you can use without SC?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having the Phantom kill red creatures until Lvl 15 will turn the Phantom blue along the way. Once it reaches Lvl 15, go through a gate into the top level of Despise, where the blue creatures spawn. So long as you have positive Karma, and the Phantom has turned blue, nothing up there will attack you. You can train in peace then.
Really, you think he can do that encounter. He can't even tell if he can use Lightning Strike without Spell Channeling.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@PlayerSkillFTW

Thank you for the kind reply.

I had no idea that it was possible to turn a Despise aligned creature into the opposing Karma....

That means, though, that if one goes with positive Karma down where the Phantom is, all Evil aligned creatures, they will all turn against the character....

One thing I still have not clear.... since the creatures in Despise, that I know of, do not respond to "pet-lilke" commands (i.e. All Kill, All Follow etc.), how does one get the Evil Phantom to fight on its own Evil aligned Creatures ?

Lastly, from you reply, do I need to gather that a Silenii trained to level 15 does not have the same Discord abilities as a Phantom trained to level 15 ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try to use game , not websites!
And yes, you cannot imbue it. Only reforge. Like many other properties.
@gwen

Just for the Record, "also" on Stratics, at the "Magic Items Properties" Magic Item Properties - Old Stratics , there is no mention of Velocity as being possible on Throwing Weapons....

Velocity is a damage modifier found on some bows.
physical damage is added for each tile between the attacker and the target when the arrow strikes (#tiles x3 – max 30 points), if the property is triggered.
Of course, it is clear that it is as you say, especially seeing the picture of that Banshee's Call.....

Yet, considering that, we could at least agree that it is an "unusual" Property to see on Throwing Weapons, especially since several UO related Web sites make no mention of it, it would have been helpful to kindly point out, when suggesting to use a Gargoyle and a Throwing Weapon with those properties, to also explain this tidbit about "how" to get Velocity on a Throwing Weapon through reforging....

By the way, I still do not have clear why you suggest a Gargoyle and a Throwing weapon with this particular method (at the slugs pit) of training Bushido.... if it is because "ranged", and thus away from the effect of the acid from the slugs, won't an Archer (Human or Elf) with an archery weapon, be also usable ?

Or is there "something" peculiar to a Gargoyle and Throwing that would make this method particularly effective which an Archer could never match ?

Thanks again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or is there "something" peculiar to a Gargoyle and Throwing that would make this method particularly effective which an Archer could never match ?
Don't need arrows...

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I knew there was a "sweet spot" for throwers to acheive max damage, that was shorter than max range. Velocity would extend that.

I wanna say it was 6 tiles of the 12 tile range... may be way outdated on that.

As far as spell channeling, some slimes damage weapons unless they have spell channeling(dont tell mervyn)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as spell channeling, some slimes damage weapons unless they have spell channeling(dont tell mervyn)
They only damage weapons if they are right next to them. So a thrower or archer on the steps do not see that damage.

Also most use the slugs for skilling. There are lots more. You would probably run out of slimes. I don't know if they damage any weapons. Also on LS there is almost always a Tamer at the Slugs.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew there was a "sweet spot" for throwers to acheive max damage, that was shorter than max range. Velocity would extend that.
@Draza

Could you please better explain that ?

In what way, would Velocity added to a throwing weapon make it possible to achieve max damage at a range for the Target that was shorter of what the max range of the weapon is ?

I mean, to my understanding, the way that Velocity works, for every tile that a target is away from the hitter, +1 damage is added if a shot hits with Velocity

Therefore, Throwing a weapon with Velocity, would still need the Max Range to do the max damage (more tiles...).

For example, a Soul Glaive has
  • Range: 8 min, 11 max
  • Base damage: 16-20
With Velocity, if I understood the property right, at a Target that was positioned at Max range of 11 tiles, that Soul Glaive would be doing as Base damage
  • Base damage: 27-31
So, I am not sure of what you mean by saying that through Velocity Throwers could achieve max damage at a shorter Range of that weapon Max Range....

Could you please explain better what you mean ?
Thanks.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also most use the slugs for skilling.
Well, Acid Slugs carry as loot, among other stuff, Vials of Vitriol which is needed to imbue the Elemental Slayer property on weapons....
So, I imagine that there may be players actually killing the Acid Slugs for their loot....

By the way, is there a way, for those farming Acid Slugs, to avoid seeing their Armor and Weapon be damaged in no time by the acid that they spit ?

Even using a pet or a ranged weapon, the character still needs to get into the pit, close to the corpses, to loot them, and the other slugs would then attack them and damage their armor and weapon with their acid....

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@gwen

By the way, I still do not have clear why you suggest a Gargoyle and a Throwing weapon with this particular method (at the slugs pit) of training Bushido.... if it is because "ranged", and thus away from the effect of the acid from the slugs, won't an Archer (Human or Elf) with an archery weapon, be also usable ?
Because it is a place where I train all skis which need mana. Or need hitting something. Or Provo and Disco till 85 (slimes then slugs) Or need to rise Humility level. I was scribing there when I had this skill.
Training throwing -slug pit (up to 120)
Mysticism -slug pit: slower with casting, faster with lvl 1 mastery and throwing
Magery, SW, Necro, Chiv, Ninja, Bushido, - all there.
All with wraith form if skill im training has AOE, and adding throwing for more mana gains. Or if skill has no AOE just throwing. Only Noble sacrifice is tricky : you need to be alone there.
All you need for this is some junk brittle cyclones (for 255 durability and longer training time). Or for some skills ones with self-repair (leftover from reforging ele damage). You can do with just NPC bought and imbued.