• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugged Quivers

• Thread starter Crystilastamous
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RD Gumbie

Also in answer to posters who state that if you read these forums you must know that quivers are bugged let me tell you this. I read the forums, I know these quivers can be bugged, BUT, until I read the original post I didnt know that they could be identified by the weight they could hold i.e. 50 stones not 400, I had not seen that before.

I have 4 quivers and I quickly checked them all and fortunately they are all 'legal' I could easily have had a bugged one and I would not have known until now.
I was in the same boat as you, I thought bugged quivers just had more arrows in it than 500, I know there was some kind of trick but there you could also get more then 500 when working with a golem training archery and you logged back in.

This made me start checking mine though and I found a quiver of rage with 400 stone capacity that I wasnt aware I had. Suprising the char was wearing it too BUT I never put anything in the quiver im wearing.

Most people dont equip thier full quiver because, say you have arrows in your quiver and you switch from a bow to an X-bow, as soon as you magically pick up some bolts after a few fires, the arrows that were in that quiver drop into your bag and you lose them if you die.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only response to this is.

Is there a data base explaining that a quiver which can hold 0/400 stones is bugged and illegal?

The answer is: No, there is no database explaining this.

Furthermore, could it easily be fixed with a publish or small piece of code?

The answer is: Yes it could, and should have been if it is a known issue by the EA staff.
Actually there is information on this item. If you did your homework you would find out the unbugged statistics, which should in turn lead you to the conclusion that you are playing with a bugged item. According to the rules being in possesion of a bugged item is illegal, and as such it is your duty as a player to page on the item yourself (or throw it out) to have the issue corrected.

I will say this, I think it is stupid and pathetic for individuals to page on others for issues as petty as this or the ******** website thing. (amongst other stupid crap of course) However rules are rules, which leaves your thoughts on the matter in the can @ EA. BTW...I have no issues with you, but I think crying here over breaking a rule is ********.

And it's turd...not terd.

W

Wynne

I just dragged out an old quiver of infinity and it was bugged. I paged to have it fixed and it was. The only thing that's done is that the account is marked that the person is aware of the problem, it is not a mark on the account, explained the GM. Very helpful.

Oh never mind, just got a message that the account is now flagged with a terms of service warning. Reporting it to Jeremy.

F

Farscape

Thats what happen to one our guildmates only it was a perma ban for having an illegal item in the email he got. So best to toss those bug quivers away then to call a GM to fix it.
Agree ANYTHING bugged you should trash it or you will get a vacation :sad4:

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about this one. at one time my quiver of infinity had 500 bolts and 300+ arrows in it, thats 2 items.
it showed up with clicking on it, 2/1 items, 300 some stones.. witch its only supposed to have 50 stone weight.. on top of that it did it without even me knowing it.
it does have to do with the auto recovery of bolts, i had 500 bolts in it. i had switched to a bow, and i had another quiver for the arrows, and they started going in the quiver of infinity.

but when its empty it says, 0/1 items, 0/50 stones.. go figure..

i also have an elements quiver that when clicked on it says 0 items, 0 stones.
this particular one holds up to my max carry weight in arrows.. no limit. ive called gm about 5 times to fix it and i get the email saying to send in bug report.

im not throwing it away unless a gm can give me a token to replace it.

stupid game with all its dumb bugs, if i got banned for that witch IS NOT MY FAULT AT ALL AND NOT EVEN DOING IT ON PURPOSE.. ID BE SO MAD.....
this needs to be fixed.. ASAP!!!!!

its not the players fault the game programmers cant fix things.

C

Connor_Graham

I notified Jeremy, but she shouldn't be the end all for this. It's not really her job, it's her job to find out about bugged quivers and throw a piece of code in to fix them all.
ok, how much time,day,years she need before fixing?
i dont think its so hard to write some line of code to fix it!!!
It's not Jeremy's job to fix coding, nor to make the decision to fix it. The most she is able to do is notify the powers that be of the issue, then relate the outcome to us here.

To Jeremy-

If you want to know how to reproduce this bug so it can be fixed, I can explain it. It's quite simple. The fix may not be, but reproducing the bug is.

C

Connor_Graham

Uh...you're not supposed to post how to do exploits on the boards.

Why would you even do that, knowing how many people will go and take advantage of it? :coco:

T

The_Letter_E

You should have asked for the URL to the site that showed this information.

Then. When he typed it in filed a complain about post urls and gothim banned!

E

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh...you're not supposed to post how to do exploits on the boards.

Why would you even do that, knowing how many people will go and take advantage of it? :coco:
Because Connor, that is the ONLY way to ever a get a bug fixed in UO. You post it here on Stratics, the post gets deleted, and miraculously the dev actually get off their butts and fix something. Otherwise the dev team feels its not common enough knowledge to care about. You've posted on stratics long enough to know thats a fact.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you being a mage makes it even more of a reason for someone to check that you have a quiver on, obviously you wear it on your mage for the 5 dci but i dunno why it was a bugged one in the first place

C

Crystilastamous

Actually there is information on this item. If you did your homework you would find out the unbugged statistics, which should in turn lead you to the conclusion that you are playing with a bugged item. According to the rules being in possesion of a bugged item is illegal, and as such it is your duty as a player to page on the item yourself (or throw it out) to have the issue corrected.

I will say this, I think it is stupid and pathetic for individuals to page on others for issues as petty as this or the ******** website thing. (amongst other stupid crap of course) However rules are rules, which leaves your thoughts on the matter in the can @ EA. BTW...I have no issues with you, but I think crying here over breaking a rule is ********.

Thank you for that Mr. Hooked On Phonics.

You obviously have issues with me since you're calling my character into question. "He is in one of the biggest hacking guilds in game"......

Rabbit, too bad Tiki and Link cannot scold you for posting here.

Past that, you're entirely missing the point. If this is a known issue it should have been easily fixed by now. According to other people I've asked this bug has existed for quite some time. Since these unofficial forums seem to be the only way to communicate with anyone from the team, I thought I would post about my problem.

C

Connor_Graham

Because Connor, that is the ONLY way to ever a get a bug fixed in UO.
This is the same thinking that got several duping methods posted here.

Sorry, but 2 wrongs NEVER make a right.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's quite ridiculous to think that every player in UO knows about bugged quivers. It's quite ridiculous to expect that any time someone buys an item from a player vendor, they are going to search the knowledge base, google, stratics or whatever to make sure it's ok in every way. This is a game after all, something people play to have fun. EA/Mythic is responsible for preventing the bug from happening and fixing the current bugged quivers. They can at least do this much for their paying customers, rather than marking accounts and potentially banning people.

K

Kith Kanan

would be nice if Jeremy would make an apprerence in this thread tbh....

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also have an elements quiver that when clicked on it says 0 items, 0 stones.
this particular one holds up to my max carry weight in arrows.. no limit. ive called gm about 5 times to fix it and i get the email saying to send in bug report.

im not throwing it away unless a gm can give me a token to replace it.
In this case, you will then be in posesion of a bugged quiver of elements (which does not come from a token, btw) forever, because, as I was informed, no matter what the circumstances, Mythic will not replace items. (This includes items that they destroy accidentally ...)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for that Mr. Hooked On Phonics.

You obviously have issues with me since you're calling my character into question. "He is in one of the biggest hacking guilds in game"......

Rabbit, too bad Tiki and Link cannot scold you for posting here.

Past that, you're entirely missing the point. If this is a known issue it should have been easily fixed by now. According to other people I've asked this bug has existed for quite some time. Since these unofficial forums seem to be the only way to communicate with anyone from the team, I thought I would post about my problem.
Interesting. I think you have a complex dealing with issues pertaining to this Rabbit char. I mean...heh...if you are willing to slander me in the name of Rabbit be my guest, just be willing to deal with the moderators afterword.

BTW, I simply stated you were in SX... its widely known that SX is quite familiar with the ins and outs of exploiting. (goose just mentioned knowing a doozy..seems the competition got wind of it so goose came here to *turn it in* *rolls eyes*) You were the one who coined yourself as being part of a *hacker guild*, freudian slip perhaps?

Again your plea is BS..

1) you claim you never read it anywhere yet you post on several active forums regularly, including a few where this subject has been discussed.

2) you claim that because you didnt know the item was illegal that you shouldnt be subject to the rules.

3) you claim that whilst being a member of SX, you never once heard of this obviously bugged item as being illegal?

Im sorry dude, but unlike these other people I know better. If you need to make things personal then lol@u.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Not to defend anyone, but they should be allowed until EA fixes them. It is that simple. After all if EA doesn't want them in the game the easy thing to do is fix it... right?

Wouldn't you agree that these have been bugged since a bit after introduction? Is more than a year not enough time for EA to fix it?

There are certain bugs that are game changing and then dumb ones like this that really don't affect anyone.

Also a good way to have fixed it would have been for the GM to just fix it without even saying anything to the player. But that just makes to much sense and we all know that the GM's and EA in very many cases lack common sence.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, the really pathetic part is, they did fix all the bugged quivers at one time (about a year ago, I think). However, they did not fix all the bugs that cause them. They become bugged on accident and often times the owner of the quiver doesn't even know it.

C

Connor_Graham

Actually, the really pathetic part is, they did fix all the bugged quivers at one time (about a year ago, I think). However, they did not fix all the bugs that cause them. They become bugged on accident and often times the owner of the quiver doesn't even know it.
If they did fix them, then they missed the 10+ that I had a GM fix. I'm kind of doubting they did any kind of a fix to existing ones. Thinking about how they are caused to be "bugged" in the first place, I'm leaning toward a fix not being all that easy. It would be easier, and in no way unbalancing, just to make all quivers have the bugged characteristics. What does it matter if you have 1 quiver or 5 in your pack? You've still got the same number of arrows/bolts that you would have had. I think it's pretty stupid to have to carry 5 quivers around just so I can hunt for more than 30 minutes at a time. It's especially helpful in Doom. Carrying multiple quivers there gets to be a real pain at times.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with you there ... I don't really see it being unballanced for all quivers to have that property. I DO distinctly remember them saying they fixed them, and you could also page to have any that were missed fixed with no ramifications (nice lie). They very obviously missed one or more of the bugs that makes it happen :<

C

Crystilastamous

You are like talking to a three year old.

Interesting. I think you have a complex dealing with issues pertaining to this Rabbit char. I mean...heh...if you are willing to slander me in the name of Rabbit be my guest, just be willing to deal with the moderators afterword.
I know it's hard to admit and you're embarassed, but yes you're Rabbit.

BTW, I simply stated you were in SX... its widely known that SX is quite familiar with the ins and outs of exploiting. (goose just mentioned knowing a doozy..seems the competition got wind of it so goose came here to *turn it in* *rolls eyes*) You were the one who coined yourself as being part of a *hacker guild*, freudian slip perhaps?
You are making accusations against a guild and a person on stratics lol, that is a pretty clear violation of the forum rules. Even though they aren't true.

1) you claim you never read it anywhere yet you post on several active forums regularly, including a few where this subject has been discussed.
TRUE I have never read it anywhere. However, because I look at stratics casually I have automatically read about bugged quivers? Again you're missing the point, if I knew about it why would I wear it on a mage that needs no arrows?
2) you claim that because you didnt know the item was illegal that you shouldnt be subject to the rules.
I think the mark on the account was unmerrited because I wasn't using the quiver for any sort of advantage other than it's normal use for dci. There were no arrows in it. The main reason for starting the thread is to make the news public to Jeremy as well as the rest of the community.
3) you claim that whilst being a member of SX, you never once heard of this obviously bugged item as being illegal?
SX was the best pvp guild to have ever existed in game, we did it all legit, and I know it's hard to believe that you suck that bad @ pvp, but you do.
Im sorry dude, but unlike these other people I know better. If you need to make things personal then lol@u.
Everyone else on stratics is glad that you think you're more in tune/perceptive than they are. I've never made anything personal on this thread, you've attacked me from the start rather than realize the point of the thread.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are like talking to a three year old.

I know it's hard to admit and you're embarassed, but yes you're Rabbit.
Wow, again...sounds like this Rabbit has you all butthurt...good for him

You are making accusations against a guild and a person on stratics lol, that is a pretty clear violation of the forum rules. Even though they aren't true.
Accuasations? I didnt call you all hackers, theifs, or scum. Second, I wasnt aware that SX/VIP were even a guild anymore. If not they are fair play here, much akin to HAX. Back to the point though, I made a statement...if you dont like it oh well...quit crying.

TRUE I have never read it anywhere. However, because I look at stratics casually I have automatically read about bugged quivers? Again you're missing the point, if I knew about it why would I wear it on a mage that needs no arrows?
So do you think its ok to use bugged items? After all you knew well enough back in the day not to wear sigil as it would get you busted. Did you read about it? More than likely not, but again its your responsibility to know and follow the rules you agreeds to abide by. Getting caught with your pants down and then comlpaining about it wont get you anywhere.

I think the mark on the account was unmerrited because I wasn't using the quiver for any sort of advantage other than it's normal use for dci. There were no arrows in it. The main reason for starting the thread is to make the news public to Jeremy as well as the rest of the community.
Regardless of an advantage it was still illegal. The fact that you posted it here for all to see doesnt say anything about it, beyond simple complaint. If you post a complaint here we as the readers have right to critique...which I offered fully.

SX was the best pvp guild to have ever existed in game, we did it all legit, and I know it's hard to believe that you suck that bad @ pvp, but you do.
LOL...mmk...

Everyone else on stratics is glad that you think you're more in tune/perceptive than they are. I've never made anything personal on this thread, you've attacked me from the start rather than realize the point of the thread.
LOL...mmk

I never claimed to know anymore or any less than anyone else, but coming here to put on a public spectacle over getting caught doing something you knew better doesnt make it right.

Cry more, post less...thanks.

S

Sheridan

Well this is going absolutely nowhere. Since the two of you simply cannot play nice, this thread gets a timeout. *puts a duncecap on the thread and puts it into the corner*

:dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.