• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugged Quivers

• Thread starter Crystilastamous
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crystilastamous

Let's see here.

Pulled to jail tonight for wearing a quiver of infinity on my mage.

GM Drosst told me that my quiver was "bugged" and could hold 0/400 stones. (evidently they can only hold 0/50 stones).

So long story short I got pulled to jail, my quiver fixed, and a mark on my account for wearing a quiver that I bought off a vendor.

I mean honestly, how am I supposed to know something lame like that? I didn't even have arrows in it, I was on a mage for crying out loud.

There is no data base that says "Well if your quiver is able to hold 400 stones it's illegal".

My question is, if this is a known issue to GM's then why hasn't it been addressed by the development team and fixed already? That's ridiculous.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean?. Do you mean you aren't clairvoyant?. If so, from what I have seen lately you should not be playing UO.

Don't you know it is your responsibility to know if something is bugged or duped?.

Don't ask me how tho, or why it isn't EA's responsibility to sort things out.

A

Ash

Could be worse. Had a guild mate have a problem with his quiver in that it wouldn't add bolts. Paged a GM who notices it was bugged the same as you report, then asks if he wants it fixed. GM fixes it and doesn't say anything about any marks whatsoever as they part ways. But then he gets an email about having an illegal item and action taken against his account.

But I agree it is ludicrous dinging people for having 'bugged quivers' that don't know and obviously not trying to exploit the bug (as in quiver holds 0 arrows and on a char that uses it just for DCI, or in case of my guild mate notices a problem and pages to have it fixed).

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pulled to jail tonight for wearing a quiver of infinity on my mage.

GM Drosst told me that my quiver was "bugged" and could hold 0/400 stones. (evidently they can only hold 0/50 stones).

So long story short I got pulled to jail, my quiver fixed, and a mark on my account for wearing a quiver that I bought off a vendor.

I mean honestly, how am I supposed to know something lame like that? I didn't even have arrows in it, I was on a mage for crying out loud.

There is no data base that says "Well if your quiver is able to hold 400 stones it's illegal".

My question is, if this is a known issue to GM's then why hasn't it been addressed by the development team and fixed already? That's ridiculous.
You do read these boards? In doing so I am sure at one time or another you have come acrossed a post or two, perhaps even one from Jeremy stating that these are indeed illegal? Perhaps FoF??? Having a fit in UHALL because you got caught with your pants down is what it is....ridiculously stupid.

You knew the rules, so now its time to........

take a vacation.

(if it makes you feel better I recieved the same treatment, but was able to TAKE IT like a man)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's insane that they just don't fix it and let you be. I posted a few weeks ago that a guildmate of mine paged on himself to have one fixed. Instead of it being fixed he got a mark on his account.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's insane that they just don't fix it and let you be. I posted a few weeks ago that a guildmate of mine paged on himself to have one fixed. Instead of it being fixed he got a mark on his account.
There has been to the best of my knowledge 20 or better references to this being bad in the last couple months. (this is between FoF, interviews, UOForums, Hot boards, Uhall,SX boards perhaps?, some other unmentionable sites as well...ect. ect.)

If you play the game...especially as much as SX...then you are bound to know when and if something is not legal.

@the OP...ask Beam...I know he was snagged for the same thing about a month or so ago...you were playing then yes? Its hard to believee you would miss hearing that from them in vent. *sadface*

Y

Yalp

You do read these boards? In doing so I am sure at one time or another you have come acrossed a post or two, perhaps even one from Jeremy stating that these are indeed illegal? Perhaps FoF??? Having a fit in UHALL because you got caught with your pants down is what it is....ridiculously stupid.

take a vacation.

(if it makes you feel better I recieved the same treatment, but was able to TAKE IT like a man)
Lots of assumptions you make about a fellow player there dude.. and you know what happens when you do that?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's really stupid is why they don't just convert them all after a maintenance cycle and leave people alone.

L

Lord Drakelord

Thats what happen to one our guildmates only it was a perma ban for having an illegal item in the email he got. So best to toss those bug quivers away then to call a GM to fix it.

T

trammelite

wherever you bought/iddoc'ed or else got it from - if you try to fix it - action taken against you, if you wear it - same story.

so what is someone supposed to do ??

throw away a blessed item ? come on, give me a break :coco:

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly! I don't want to throw mine away!

I paged for a gm twice to have mine fixed and both times got a canned response and no fix. I don't know, maybe I was lucky at that. :talktothehand:

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wherever you bought/iddoc'ed or else got it from - if you try to fix it - action taken against you, if you wear it - same story.

so what is someone supposed to do ??

Ive had a bugged quiver in the past and asked a GM to fix it.
He fixed it and gave it bck to me, np
I found another on an other char the other day and put it strait in the bin!
as i didnt even want to waste a GM's time and quivers r so easy to be replaced.
The quiver i got fixed was before heritage tokens so they were a little bit harder to get.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now if they were to note such matters in, say,I don't know... how about the client patcher news screen (which has been filled with rubbish since about the introduction of KR), the actions of the GMs would make sense.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

take a vacation.

You assume everyone reads the stratics boards...

L

Limlight

If I was a betting man...I would put my money on you getting paged on.

Crystilastamous

You are VIP!...and while you arent a guild I ever page on....I know ALOT of people who page on anyone from your guild every chance they get.

Its a bugged quiver rule and most likely someone who hates you paged on you.

:-[

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well on Pacific, the 500 stones ones are FAR more common than the normal ones...

I dont play an archer though.. WAY TOO EASY..

R

RenaLynne

Why is it illegal? Its an unfair advantage over other players, it can hold more arrows than a regular quiver. You either shouldnt have bought it or called a GM to fix it, as I know other players have done. Why should you be able to make less bank trips than anyone else to refill?

F

Fortyniner

If it wasn't made illegally, and was just created that way by a bug in the code, then no way is it "illegal". "Bugged" maybe but not "illegal". Punishing users for the developers' bugs is insane.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh,
My archer has 10+ quiver of elements in his pack holding the normal 500 arrows per quiver.
No need to use a bugged one anyway, I use the ele quiver because it saves the most weight (50%) other quivers are 30%

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess it is just a matter of time before I get my second suspension because my quiver says 400 stones and can hold 2,000 arrows. Even though I only use it for the 5% DCI on my mage.

Wasn't this suppose to be auto-fixed?

L

Lord Kynd

take a vacation.

very true
you can even get you quivers fixed if you PM her.

this has been around for a long time now, and is highly well known.
obviously you read the boards here if you posted about it, so you shoulda known.

V

Vyrquenox

take a vacation.

Yes, it kind of looks like EA wants you to refer to outside of EA sites that they don't like to be mentioned in game. I generally read the Herald and I just missed that post about the quivers there I guess. So I guess the only other way I would legitimately know is uh, well, if I just stuck to what EA told me to do, I guess I wouldn't know.

Z

Zurloth

very true
you can even get you quivers fixed if you PM her.

this has been around for a long time now, and is highly well known.
obviously you read the boards here if you posted about it, so you shoulda known.
This makes PERFECT sense!

paging a GM to fix it gets you banned (or a mark)

but if you PM someone on a non EA board who isnt a gm they can get it fixed?

L

Lord Kynd

This makes PERFECT sense!

paging a GM to fix it gets you banned (or a mark)

but if you PM someone on a non EA board who isnt a gm they can get it fixed?
are you for real ?
Jeremey is better than a GM , she is EA/Mythic
of course she can get them fixed.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of assumptions you make about a fellow player there dude.. and you know what happens when you do that?
Heh...perhaps if you cosidered what I said to be trolling, then I could understand your point of view. Sorry that you got the wrong impression, but I know better here...hence my reply.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well he has 60 posts on stratics boards, so its more than likely he reads the boards here. As others mentioned, he is a long time member of SX. As you may know they are very aware of the intricate details of the UO client...both inside and out. (thats not saying anything bad at all...just means they are a very knowledgeable and well versed guild in the arts of UO.) As such I call SHENANIGANS!

@JC...page on yourself...they will fix them. If they warn you on it, msg. Jeremy.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im pretty sure anyone who knew they were bannable would have the common sense to not parade around with it on their back.

C

Crystilastamous

If I was a betting man...I would put my money on you getting paged on.

Crystilastamous

You are VIP!...and while you arent a guild I ever page on....I know ALOT of people who page on anyone from your guild every chance they get.

Its a bugged quiver rule and most likely someone who hates you paged on you.

:-[
I'm not in VIP ( that guild doesn't exist) and I was fooling around at the gate on Lake Austin.

Course if you're restroom cowboy, and you think that I actually pay attention to piddly exploits like bugged quivers? I have enough money to buy as many quivers as I need, furthermore, It was on a mage, HOLDING NO ARROWS.

Go to jail more rabbit. You terd.

C

Crystilastamous

I guess it is just a matter of time before I get my second suspension because my quiver says 400 stones and can hold 2,000 arrows. Even though I only use it for the 5% DCI on my mage.

Unless you're looking for a mark I wouldn't page on yourself according to the rest of the posters. Throw it in the trash.

I asked the GM if I found anymore what I should do and he told me page to have them fixed....

But guess what... I'm just trashing em because it's not worth it. The GM's are people hired at 10 bucks an hour who haven't the slightest clue about the game other than what's in some 60 page xeroxed training manual no doubt.

T

trammelite

we should stick to the topic here, because this is IMHO a real important issue.
most of us know how these quivers get their "bug" and so we know that anyone might not to be to blame for it and receive it without recognizing.

having a mark on the account will cause harder punishment the next time and it is a crying shame that this can happen to anyone of us for simply wearing a quiver with properties, which come from game mechanics. this behavior of GM's to the normal uo player should not be tolerated by EA.

actually - why not allow the quivers with "enhanced" storage ? they could be all that way. problem solved. if you carry 4 quivers with 2000 arrows or 1 with the same amount. where exactly is the big difference ? 3 more itemcounts in your backpack ? thats a joke. and who really is carrying 2000 arrows ? even with weight reduction, i know nobody.

btw - not everybody playing uo is reading stratics. some even do not speak english. how should THEY know ?
i know peeps that missed events, simply for not speaking more than their native language.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

hooooo....it'll need a lot of code,time and money to fix it!
dont you know the programming level of the devs? lol

Z

Zodiac19

My question is how in the frick and frack did a GM pick you out of a crowd if you were not using it. Thats why you can't get one to come when you call they are out picking on the little guy......

C

Connor_Graham

Unless you're looking for a mark I wouldn't page on yourself according to the rest of the posters. Throw it in the trash.
I had more than 10 bugged quivers at one point from buying Quiver of the Elements up from every vendor I could find one on for use in my arrows & bolts biz. A friend of mine told me he got paged on so I paged a GM to have them come and fix them. Even though I had an absurd amount that were bugged, the GM fixed them all and no mark was put on my account.

I asked the GM if I found anymore what I should do and he told me page to have them fixed....
100% Correct. If by chance you happen upon a GM that puts a mark on your account, take it to the next level and notify Jeremy. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to look into the matter and have the mark removed as long as the fix was initiated by you.

C

Crystilastamous

I notified Jeremy, but she shouldn't be the end all for this. It's not really her job, it's her job to find out about bugged quivers and throw a piece of code in to fix them all.

I was wearing the quiver with no idea it was bad. Evidently someone paged on me for it because you know... I wasn't using or holding any arrows and it provided me with a huge advantage over them.

I've contested the mark, but it's been about 36 hours and no response from customer service..... Glad my money goes towards something every month.

Restroom CowBoi..... You're Rabbit. It's obvious.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notified Jeremy, but she shouldn't be the end all for this. It's not really her job, it's her job to find out about bugged quivers and throw a piece of code in to fix them all.
ok, how much time,day,years she need before fixing?
i dont think its so hard to write some line of code to fix it!!!

C

Crystilastamous

That was kind of the point of this thread.

I had one on... I guess that's my "fault" in the end for not knowing it was "bugged".

In reality if EA knows about this bug, which evidently they do since a GM marked my account for it. Why isn't it something that has been fixed in a publish or a maintenance cycle?

Course I'm sure all the duped items being sold in Luna aren't "illegal" lol.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very interesting topic. I had heard of some bugged quivers that showed 0 stones or something like that but did not know about a bug with quivers showing 400 stone capacity. I guess I will have to check my chars. Seems like it should only be an offense if you get caught with more than 500 arrows/bolts in a quiver. A mage wearing one for the 5 dci is not exploiting the bug.

C

Crystilastamous

Currently disputing it with Customer Service.

They said it will "Stand"

I asked for the contact information to EA HQ so I could escalate the issue !

T

Teeshy

I kinda have a (very!) vague recollection of this coming up before, and somebody (possibly Jeremy?) saying the mark was pretty much irrelevant. More like a notification that you had had that particular problem fixed.

Wasn't a mark as in a negative mark.

Nobody else remembers that? I'ts just a tiny tickle at the back of my brain =P

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now if they were to note such matters in, say,I don't know... how about the client patcher news screen (which has been filled with rubbish since about the introduction of KR), the actions of the GMs would make sense.
the patch screen does not even work on localized Windows versions.
And for 100 players who read the English language stuff here and somewhere else, there may be 300, who don't. (I have no clue about the relation, only an example.) So statements like "everybody should know", are false.

A

Ashyn

Mine beats yours....mine could hold 4,000 arrows, and given it was my "first ever" archer, I had no clue how many they could or couldn't hold.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda have a (very!) vague recollection of this coming up before, and somebody (possibly Jeremy?) saying the mark was pretty much irrelevant. More like a notification that you had had that particular problem fixed.

oh thanks, Teeshy, now it's tickling me too... yes, I do remember that remark, but honestly have no idea what it was in regard to, whether quivers or something else, but your assessment is correct, as I recall... just a note on the account that, yes, this person did, in fact, know about this particular issue... I would imagine so that one could not claim ignorance later on?

as for the bugged quivers, I had one during the Cove invasion, and had owned that quiver a very long time without ever noticing it (all quivers hold 500 arrows and that's all I put in, I knew more would not go, but that day the recovered arrows began going into the quiver where they never had before) so I paged to have it fixed... got tired of waiting for GM and went hunting Controllers, and the quiver got fixed and message popped up that he had done so and didn't want to disturb me

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Seems to me that if someone got jailed for wearing a 'bugged' quiver I can't believe that a mark given is irrelevant. I think any mark given must be a negative.

Also in answer to posters who state that if you read these forums you must know that quivers are bugged let me tell you this. I read the forums, I know these quivers can be bugged, BUT, until I read the original post I didnt know that they could be identified by the weight they could hold i.e. 50 stones not 400, I had not seen that before.

I have 4 quivers and I quickly checked them all and fortunately they are all 'legal' I could easily have had a bugged one and I would not have known until now.

Of course if I had a bugged one that would somehow have been my fault, this is a bit illogical in my opinion.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly, Bobar, I never would have noticed the bugged quiver at all, except that I added incorrectly and put more arrows into it than it should have accepted

I knew about the bugged quivers, but thought it only affected the Quiver of Ifinity, had no idea at all that any old quiver could be bugged

and I *still* forget to check the darn things.....

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA handled this situation quite poorly especially if you report yourself...

Either way, didn't they mention a mark for something like this would only be problematic if the SAME situation repeats itself?

L

Limlight

lol

Restroom Cowboy = Rabbit?

lol....that explains why he was arguing with me so strongfully in defense of Link with the tower situation.

Thanks for making that known Cry....

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol

Restroom Cowboy = Rabbit?

lol....that explains why he was arguing with me so strongfully in defense of Link with the tower situation.

Thanks for making that known Cry....
I argued with you because you didnt know the truth. You sperad lies and speculation to this Amanita person who then spread it elsewhere (whom you then backed up calling what Amanita said truth) The storytelling and slanderous crap you put JC through never should have happened, so I put in my two cents because I knew better. If sticking up for people who deserve to be stuck up for makes me Rabbit, then so be it. Hi everyone, call me Rabbit.

*rolls eyes*

Back on topic...I still dont beleive the OP on this matter, and quite simply put it was the OPs responsibility to know that the usage of bugs or exploits in game can lead to discipline on the account. Claiming ignorance is no defense in terms of breaking the rules.

C

Crystilastamous

I argued with you because you didnt know the truth. You sperad lies and speculation to this Amanita person who then spread it elsewhere (whom you then backed up calling what Amanita said truth) The storytelling and slanderous crap you put JC through never should have happened, so I put in my two cents because I knew better. If sticking up for people who deserve to be stuck up for makes me Rabbit, then so be it. Hi everyone, call me Rabbit.

*rolls eyes*

Back on topic...I still dont beleive the OP on this matter, and quite simply put it was the OPs responsibility to know that the usage of bugs or exploits in game can lead to discipline on the account. Claiming ignorance is no defense in terms of breaking the rules.

My only response to this is.

Is there a data base explaining that a quiver which can hold 0/400 stones is bugged and illegal?

The answer is: No, there is no database explaining this.

Furthermore, could it easily be fixed with a publish or small piece of code?

The answer is: Yes it could, and should have been if it is a known issue by the EA staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.