• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug: Pets Disengaging from Combat

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upon further investigation of your reports about pet disengagement, we will be addressing aggro issues for creatures with no line of sight. Pre-Publish 97 pets would attack the closest aggro creature even after all kill command was given. Also, if a kill command was given targeting one creature and then a guard command was given afterwards the pet may disengage from the previous target. Regarding fighting swoop there are lots of Dryads in that area which will peace your pet. Hope this answers you questions.
Ok, thanks for the reply.

Regarding line-of-sight: My pets have clear line of sight. They usually ain't moving when fighting; they just stop the battle. Even the creature stops fighting too.

I did NOT give any "Guard Me" commands - I hardly ever use that command anyways.

About Swoop: The dryads don't use the peacemaking ability when I'm around there. And this happens to more creatures than Swoop. It was affecting me while fighting, Sphynx, Balrons, Blood Elementals, Diseased Blood Elementals, Wind Elementals, Insane Mages (Shame Dungeon), Unbound Energy Vortex's, Ogre Lords, Arctic Ogre Lords, White Wyrms, etc.

Again, I really appreciate the reply. If you need anymore info., just ask. I'll do what I can for ya! :D

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My cu sidhe with spellweaving kept doing it yesterday while fighting a single Unbound Energy Vortex.
He would stop attacking after a while, a behaviour neither crimson I was training on two other tamers showed during the whole fight with the Unbound Energy Vortex.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Upon further investigation of your reports about pet disengagement, we will be addressing aggro issues for creatures with no line of sight. Pre-Publish 97 pets would attack the closest aggro creature even after all kill command was given. Also, if a kill command was given targeting one creature and then a guard command was given afterwards the pet may disengage from the previous target. Regarding fighting swoop there are lots of Dryads in that area which will peace your pet. Hope this answers you questions.
In the famous words of Inigo Montoya: Let me explain, no there is too much, let me sum up: We don't have a clue.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's more then just line of sight issues....as with my previous examples my Cu will be fighting a rotting corpse...he's not guarding me and usually he'll attack on his own but I will use the all kill command. He'll stop half-way through killing the RC and make a bee line for mummy clear across the screen...take a bite out of that then MAYBE go back to the RC or maybe he'll just stop and do nothing. There are no walls where the RC's and mummies spawn....he just does his own thing, a behavior not seen until this last publish.

Other times, my pet will just stop fighting all together and walk back to me and just stand there. This happens with magical and non-magical pets.