• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BRING STRATICS HOME: Campaign Perks update

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi, all --

Just checking in with the latest campaign news -- and thanks again for all your support (can we EVER say that enough times??)

Just wanted to let you know that thank you emails are on their way out, so please keep your eye out for them. For those contributors who earned banners and premium status upgrades, we will be asking you to confirm your Stratics user name in the emails. Also, if your perk included a TShirt, we are asking you in the email to please confirm your preferred size.

Please be sure to get these back to us as soon as possible, so we can get your perks on their way once they arrive! And, if you don't receive an email but did contribute, please first check your spam filter, and then send a PM with your email address to let us know and we will make sure we match it up.

Best,

The Stratics Senior Staff

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Emails have all been sent now, and we're applying the correct banners to contributors as Stratics name confirmations come in. Make sure you check your email and confirm your Stratics name with me. If you are expecting a reward that you didn't get and have not received an email, please PM me.

The correct application of upgraded memberships may take a little longer, so please bear with us on that.

Tangible rewards (mugs, cups, and the "mystery reward") are tentatively aimed for shipping by the end of January or early February, and I will be in contact with those contributors during this process.

In the meantime, I thought some of you might be interested in the final stats on the campaign.

That Stratics was up for sale became public knowledge on December 4th. The senior staff immediately got to work, and it was announced on December 7th that there would be a crowdfund campaign to try to keep the site within the community. The campaign officially launched on December 10th with an initial goal of $10,500. A lot of questions were asked and concerns raised, and on December 14th we posted an extensive Q/A to address these. The campaign ended on December 28th. In 17 days, it reached an impressive total of $12,905, $2405 over the goal (though still $3,595 short of the final purchase price).

You can see from the chart below that the dollar value of contributions seemed to come in waves, peaking on December 26th (the day the auction ended).

However, after a lull in the early days of the campaign, the number of individual contributions per day generally trended upward until the last couple of days:

There were 105 contributions from 95 unique individuals in 13 countries.

This was both an exciting and stressful campaign for all of us--but it brought the Stratics and UO community together in a way that I'm not sure has ever been done before. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but the goal was and will always be to keep that common spirit alive. Thank you all for making this happen and bringing Stratics back home to the community, where it belongs.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
UPDATE!

The first batch of perk packages HAVE BEEN SHIPPED! Any perk package that included only mugs and/or t-shirts is now in transit, so keep your eyes open!

The extra special reward for $1k+ donors is not in yet, so those packages have NOT been shipped out. We expect that item ship to me this week, and I will prepare the packages and ship them out as soon as I receive them.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
UPDATE:

Our 'secret surprise' item was made incorrectly and has therefore resulted in a delay for our legendary contributors. I apologize for the long wait. Fear not though--your items will be coming to you as soon as possible!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've seen the surprise items. They are pretty cool in my opinion, I think you guys will be happy with them :)
You saw the incorrect one's though! Right Design, wrong material! So yes they do look cool and I think they'll look even cooler once the proper material type is used.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Luka got her coffee cup! It looks awesome! She won't let me drink out of it. She told me to get my own! >.<

All kidding aside, I already have my most treasured prize. Stratics is here and much of the community I love is still here too.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Luka got her coffee cup! It looks awesome! She won't let me drink out of it. She told me to get my own! >.<

All kidding aside, I already have my most treasured prize. Stratics is here and much of the community I love is still here too.
Yep... It's not about the bling. It's all about the legacy

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Great news, legendary donors! At long last, your special surprise gift arrived correctly and I have shipped out your packages! I apologize for the long delay--but I think you will be pleased with your item.

All of the physical perk items have now been shipped out (whew!) as of this morning. We've said it many times in the past few months but it is always worth saying again: THANK YOU everyone who supports Stratics.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will there be another opportunity for donating money and getting a reward? Something like an annual fundraising week or something? I would be glad to donate some bucks, get a nice ribbon and a Cup. Unfortunately, I was offline some months for a Baby Sabbatical and missed the whole issue...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Will there be another opportunity for donating money and getting a reward? Something like an annual fundraising week or something? I would be glad to donate some bucks, get a nice ribbon and a Cup. Unfortunately, I was offline some months for a Baby Sabbatical and missed the whole issue...
I feel that would be a wonderful idea. Especially if it has some targeted upgrades or projects the money is allocated to in addition to the general fund

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We don't have another fundraiser planned right now, but it's a good idea that we will have to discuss.

Right now the only way we have to directly give money to Stratics is the Professional subscription--however we are exploring some merchandise options as multiple people have expressed an interest. This would almost certainly be done via a storefront rather than directly through us, which reduces Stratics's cut but also eliminates the need for us to handle inventory and shipping ourselves (which I can tell you from handling the campaign rewards is more of a task than it sounds).

I also would like to host Stratics events both on Stratics and in game, some of which may have tangible prizes (smaller, easier to ship prizes... :p ). I've just had so much to do with campaign items, incoming staff, various transitional things--and of course my responsibilities off of Stratics--that sadly I haven't made any progress with that.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:postpics:

It would be nice if those of you who have gotten your swag would post pics...maybe that might inspire people to donate next time we have a fundraiser or something :)

I am so glad and very blessed to still be a part of this amazing community, you guys are just freakin awesome! :heart: