• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best of 2005?

• Thread starter Beatrice Quill
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Mandolin

Pfffftttt... Anyone that's fought with me knows that my targetting skills are second only to Otto's... and I have 20/20 vision.

F

Fidessa

<blockquote><hr>

Biggest jerk: Fidessa. No, that is not an invitation to more drama, but you could take a leaf out of Freja's book and start sending some apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, there we go again, glad this time it aint behind my back tho.... But honestly Bea what did I ever do to you? I know what you did to me.... you slandered my name without knowing me at all just for supporing Freja. And I still don't know you. Never talked with you, saw you a few times say like 3 times passing by at Vesper? So hun, what for should I apolize to you for? And why must ppl apolize to you and not you to them? I am someone still waiting for yours...

I

imported_Castor

Best PvPer: Revvo/Meph (i just cant get a good showing vs that guy)
Best Farmer: Revvo
Best contributor to the community: Shalimar/Otto/Queen Zen/Kelmo
Biggest jerk: Pavolrik
Funniest: Wulf
Worst complainer: GG/Memnoch
Best event: Yamanmoto reunification
Best dressed: Skylark/Myself
Most reliable: Skylark/Otto
Most annoying:feyre
Best poster: Wulf
Most incoherent poster: Retardonney...with coldsteel 2nd (other boards naturally)
Best death robe collector: Skylark
Best house designer: Miranda
Most successful PK: Wrym (has the balls to be red 100% of the time)
Guild most likely to 'win UO': nobody wins this game
Most confusing person: Miranda
Most stupidly named character: Gerbiler
Most original character:Skylark
Best role player (individual): Dagashi (wishes he was back)
Best role players (guild): There are none anymore..but it was KSS/Tax
Best shop: Zento Vendor...Buy my weaver scrolls!!! or the pawn shop
Best gimp: Feyre
Most gracious loser:Matsumek

+ my awards:
Unsung Hero Awards - Moderators here in 2005 who do the best they can.
Unsung Hero x 2 - Memnoch, who quietly has supported new players with both time/stuff for the last year. The guy gets a lot of crap (most of it deserved, but his efforts to further new players here should be noted)
New Guild biggest impact - Wakayama - love them or hate them, they had a big impact here in 05.

and...Sieger of the year.... - All of us who remained through the last 1 1/2 years

M

MeMn0cH

RTLFSNG

<blockquote><hr>

((Blind Otto:)) Most reliable: Wilki. Dola. Miranda. Shalimar. Memnoch. (yes, really)

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciated the kind words.

<blockquote><hr>

((Mystique:)) Worst Dressed: Memnoch

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft.. Who could forget the fashionable pink hair I rocked?
And look at these pics..

How could you say Im worst dressed!! I contest that!!

<blockquote><hr>

((Castor:)) Unsung Hero x 2 - Memnoch, who quietly has supported new players with both time/stuff for the last year. The guy gets a lot of crap (most of it deserved, but his efforts to further new players here should be noted)

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciated also.. Kind of annoying that the shard removes its support from NEW if I am given a position in NEW to recruit the newbs.. Now instead of recruiting em I have to hope another leader is online.. and if they are not.. I cannot do much.

G

So...you are saying you poisoned Ghost with Brussels sprouts? I thought there were limits to how low a person would go in this game, but I guess not.

-Skylark

H

Hector of Europa

Best PvPer: They all look alike to me. Beware the bunny horde!!!!
Best Farmer: I saw someone called 'Sun' making short work of some dragons in Ilsh... think he was the only farmer I paid any attention to all year, so he can have my vote!
Best contributor to the community: Wilki. 2nd place, Sloan.
Biggest jerk: Fi....*bites tongue* Pass.
Funniest: Aeowyn's bank opening macro. 'Guards, has anyone seen my panties?'
Worst complainer: See 'biggest jerk'.
Best event: Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... pass.
Best dressed: Not something I really pay attention to.
Worst dressed: The bunny ear brigade.
Most reliable: WyRm. He reliably kills me every time he sees me, regardless of character name, skill set, or location. Now that's reliable.
Most annoying: Palvorik
Best poster: Not here - one lonely little post by Darth that was actually quite good. I think Castor copied it here somewhere.
Most incoherent poster: Chard 'someone took my punctuation' onay
Best death robe collector: Probably most members of NEW, but I'd bet VmP have a fairly big collection going, too.
Best house designer: *shrugs*
Most successful PK: They all look alike to me. Especially in grey.
Guild most likely to 'win UO': I'm going to go with the underdog, and say... ORC!
Most confusing person: Miranda/Queen Zen
Most stupidly named character: Barbie. I kid you not.
Most original character: Pappy Joe
Best role player (individual): Baruk Strayler
Best role players (guild): Early 2005, KSS. Now - is there anyone?
Best shop: Luna's Pawn Shop, and that big place against the west Luna wall, whatever it's called.
Best gimp: *shrugs*
Most gracious loser: Sorry, that's too hard. Pass!

Extra, extra, read all about it:
Stupidest situation I got into: Physically stuck on a bridge near Mistas in Ilsh, got attacked by a paragon golem and a paragon juka, and then found that 'help, stuck' doesn't seem to work for ghosts.

Funniest death I saw: A necromancer who was fleeing from some blues near Umbra, when his undead horse crumbled under him unexpectedly. That was funny.

Most annoying event of 2005: Not winning a castle on Siege.

Most atonishing event of 2005: Getting the PBD issue sorted out. More or less, and more more than less.

Nicest person on Siege: Of the ones I met and talked to, I'd go with Queen Zen. Runner up: Ibichi Wakayama.

Most promising player of 2005: Shad.

B

Beatrice Quill

<blockquote><hr>

So...you are saying you poisoned Ghost with Brussels sprouts? I thought there were limits to how low a person would go in this game, but I guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be worse. He might have tried to hide the sprouts in the gravy. Or worse, in the custard!

And on that utterly disgusting note - good night, all!

*afterthought*
How about...
-Best sig of 2005? Sloan's had some stunning ones, but so have others... I'm too tired to think - I'll browse sigs in the morning!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved sloan's sig that had the picure of a women and a chicken...representing her and BBQ.

M

Mandolin

Oooh! that was a good one... so many she did.. I know she did like 5 or more for me.. and countless others... I don't have the link to her gallery anymore.. somebody got that link so we can take a stroll down memory lane??

P

Pappy Joe

I'd like to display a bit of arrogance and nominate myself for best sig... edit... of 2005 (crafted back in July!)

*points to the end of the post*

G

Everyone in KSS liked your sig especially the animated version, it made us all laugh.

BTW do you still have the anim. version of that sig. ? Could ya post the animated version for us all again, one more time ?

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

*rolls her eyes in that MOTHER kinda way, while tapping her foot on the floor...*

[/ QUOTE ]

Mommy? I that really you? *bites*

Thank you for the link.. lost it recently when reinstalling Firefox.

G

Mommy? I that really you? *bites*
--------------------------------------------

Yes it is and....YOU need a spanking !!

G

As a one time post the animated sig would be ok. I thought it was pretty funny too.

S

Sloan

<blockquote><hr>

I loved sloan's sig that had the picure of a women and a chicken...representing her and BBQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Castor

it is the little touches as the pirate holding the bling that sets it apart from the rest

G

*cracks up laughing*

Thank you !!

I vote for Pappy's Siege animated sig above, for the most creative and humorously done sig of 2005 !

**with the exception of my sig of course, being a dead ghost still trying to tame squirrels post ML in a hellhole monster spawn* *