• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BD- The Black Dragon Brotherhood

• Thread starter PrinceLysander
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

ABATTOIR

Hello old friends!

Orion sent this link over to me the other day, brings back many memories. Or at least spawns conversation with Orion where he can re-tell these memories to me.

My memories of BD and playing UO (while also failing at school efforts) are fond and always enjoyable. In this fit of nostalgia I took the liberty of putting the old BD site backup for everyone's enjoyment, the web design is superb, even today.

www.blackdragonbrotherhood.com

I had some comments for Garen's follow-up to Madrid, but it appears he has pulled the post.

If anyone wishes to converse with me, please hit me up on AIM @ PH34RS0M3. I can't, for the life of me, figure out my old password to ICQ to get on there. Is that where everyone is these days?

Ab

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello old friends!

Orion sent this link over to me the other day, brings back many memories. Or at least spawns conversation with Orion where he can re-tell these memories to me.

My memories of BD and playing UO (while also failing at school efforts) are fond and always enjoyable. In this fit of nostalgia I took the liberty of putting the old BD site backup for everyone's enjoyment, the web design is superb, even today.

www.blackdragonbrotherhood.com

I had some comments for Garen's follow-up to Madrid, but it appears he has pulled the post.

If anyone wishes to converse with me, please hit me up on AIM @ PH34RS0M3. I can't, for the life of me, figure out my old password to ICQ to get on there. Is that where everyone is these days?

Ab
ABATTOIR! Whoot! Glad you popped in here. I'm on ICQ not AIM these days. I'll PM you my ICQ and then see about downloading AIM.

Ahh the ole' BD website! It still exists!? Hellz Yeah! This is going to be a hoot! Huzzah!

B

Bc-

Lysander and other ppl from Sonoma's past such as the founders of WL,SAS,BLD, and even a few B^G's hunter...(or so they claimed anyway) are under my command on various other servers that cannot be named here. So most ppl that have left Sonoma when it dried up do still play UO or various other games like UO. and yes, most do whatever the %$%$ I tell them to. For the glory of Zoggism!
Just curious but which founder of SAS is currently under your command.. ?

SAS is still alive and well, however we no longer play games :) We idle in IRC to keep in touch.. but that is about as far as it goes. However you will still find guys like Nexus, Herc, myself, Riv, Aries etc.. all in there... 11 years is a long time but were still around.

I loved fighting BD because it was nice to finally get a challenge. I think BD was the only major enemy guild of SAS that I never actually ended up playing with.. but I did get a chance to play with many of your members and for the most part they were great guys. Except that Jove guy, he was a PaLoudaq wannabie :D

Sonoma was a great shard, it had the best of the best. I remember before Pub 16 when M reformed on Chessy.. we dominated every guild, always out numbered.. it was a weird shard, they were obsessed with appearance and looking the same etc.. but didn't work enough on their cross healing :)

I would have loved to see Prime BD vs. Prime SAS.. that would have been fun. I do remember some guys from LLD blue healing OGD during our war with them, and when they flagged we got to fight them.. but other than that I don't think we really fought BD with a full roster.

I enjoyed the M vs. BD war though and thanks to Ard for pissing Max off enough to form a new guild for us to fight BD with :D All it took was someone willing to organize the stragglers, and Max was up to the task.

Anyway I am rambling but I love to talk about the good ole days so I will pop back in at a later date and talk things out. Good to see you all though.

P

PrinceLysander

For the record-
TREE is STILL HERE. He's in COP. I just relocated yesterday to a shard that's more authentic to the old playing experience I remember.
I am under no one's command other than my own. ;)

T

ThraximusZog

90% of SAS Grimm, MAstermind, etc don't play on this server anymore.. fact is the owner of Grimms account and that SAS stone on Sonoma isnt even the real Grimm... so by that logic there is no SAS here on Sonoma and never will be since I had a nice long chat with the current owner of that guild. BLD, WL, BoL, WL, Zog, all true vets of the past on here and other servers follow the ZOG creed.

the goal is to have fun, and since your weak pvp guilds cant really do that.. I always offer my brothers in arms the choice... be it here or elsewhere.

-Zog Heil!

B

Bc-

And you realise that MasterMind is Garen, posting in this very thread?

Leo hasn't played online games for years (MRGrimm) the guy who bought his account paid $650 I believe, for a 6x GM with 90 resist, an empty Large Forge and a GM smith..

He basically was obsessed with the name, so he bought the account. I have seen him running around a few times when I play on and off.. it is kind of sad but whatever makes a guy happy, do it!

But neither were the founders of SAS, you want Rivan or Aries, which I doubt you even knew them or know who they are. As for no SAS playing Sonoma anymore, you are right on that. The last SAS member to play Sonoma would have been myself or Deathclaw (playing with FL's colony guild).

I was simply curious because you claimed to have had contact with a founding member of SAS, actually I believe the word was "command" :D

T

ThraximusZog

Lots of ppl were in SAS, these days it doesn't really matter who they are cus Sonoma is a dead server.

as for:
He basically was obsessed with the name, so he bought the account. I have seen him running around a few times when I play on and off.. it is kind of sad but whatever makes a guy happy, do it!
Is somebody that much of a loser or are you just mad at the guy for buying Grimms account?

and yes, MasterMind does not play here as I stated. No matter what ppl post about coming back to sonoma and pvping.. a pipe dream and Ill believe it when I see it.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My MasterMind account was banned in 98, and I parted with SAS around 99. I quit in 07 and closed my account in 08. I'm long gone but I monitor these forums in case something happens. Just a FYI.

and yes, the guy that bought Grimm's account actually did it as a form of revenge. Basically Leo pked the guy in game then ripped him off in RL for $650.

Z

Zhao_Yun

Lol Damn Really well i dont no if u rememer me i use to duel with u an devils a long time back 02 i jusck back to uo like 4 months ago i an i dont c yall 2 houses no more

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I remember, there was 3 of you and two were brothers no?

Devils left for WoW long ago, his still a RL zombie that plays it all day.

Z

Zhao_Yun

Yeah that me. hey do u have devils icq i wanna say what sup to him. So u dont play uo no more?

B

Bc-

http://www.pusateri.org/blood/pictures.htm

Glendor of BLD's old story page for anyone that is interested.. it has a lot of the old Sonoma stories kicking around and all of his SP adventures. I think there was some BD on Siege in a guild called olo or something? I played there for about a year or more with OGD and had a blast, really wish SAS would have stuck it out there after the wipe.

One of my all time favourites..

Great gate spot Riv. At least Grunk died.. but that was pretty much a given in every fight :)

T

ThraximusZog

Grunk may have died but he was well organized and a good general overall. He knew how to make battles fun! The entire FOA stuff was perfect warfare in my book.

M

MikeDub

Wow, this is crazy. I use to play UO from 1998-2003. I was just searching on Youtube for old UO clips and googling old Sonoma stuff and found this site. Its weird to see ABATTOIR's name mostly, because thats the account I played when I got banned on Chessy. I played ABATTOIRs account for a while, then I traded for a different account. Ended up playing Oberons account for awhile. My main char was WhiteGhost. I was in PkP on sonoma and I remember alot of you guys. I play WoW now on Gorefiend, but nothing to this day compares to how fun UO was back then.

EDIT: I owned the Tower at the BUCS DEN tele, but it fell when I got banned again. I think thats when that guild COP took it over.

Z

ZiggyBD

I CANNOT believe this! Wow, it has been so long since I last spoke to any of you guys. How the hell are you all?!?!

A lot has happened since 2000-2001, thats for sure. I moved on to Everquest and spent a good 5-6 years there leading one of the top guilds on Innoruuk (Now nameless), and just wasting my time with that. In 2005 i moved to North Carolina after Mischa and I broke up, and then here last year in September I moved back to Copenhagen, Denmark! Life in DK is good though, REAL good! :) Havent really played anything solidly since 2006-2007ish, just random games here and there, but always trying new things in hopes of re-living the "Great days" of Sonoma. Those were great days, god I miss them!
I still can't believe i just stumbled over this thread.

Hope you guys still read this thread, I'm gonna try get in touch via ICQ. I'm on Meebo (ICQ/Gmail/MSN/Yahoo) regularly, so look me up!

MSN: [email protected]

Monday morning suddenly got a lot better.

- Ziggy

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record-
TREE is STILL HERE. He's in COP. I just relocated yesterday to a shard that's more authentic to the old playing experience I remember.
I am under no one's command other than my own. ;)
Tree is still here and in COP? Wow. What name does he go by now?

P

PrinceLysander

I think its..........

tree.

and his son plays now- he's leetrac

D

dark knight DLS

Wow, making me read this is bringing back some good ol memories. I cant even think about trying UO as it is today because lets face it, nothing will ever be what old UO was.

I been going from game to game pvping but nothing has ever come close.

Anyways, any of you folks playing anything these days?

DK-DLS, OoO (had to use the old sig for old time sakes lol)

P

PrinceLysander

They're all in COP. A lot of the old players wound up in COP.