• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BD- The Black Dragon Brotherhood

• Thread starter PrinceLysander
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

PrinceLysander

I posting this to let all Sonomans who read this board know that Madrid, and I, along with Balinger/Sylunor are officially re-establishing BD on Sonoma. We will be a BD that follows the old traditions of this legendary and time honored guild, while at the same time evolving to keep up with the fast paced, and complicated PvP system, as well as the other major aspects of the game.

This is an open call to any who have worn the BD tag before, including, in no particular order, Ziggy, Maximus, Ardiendo, Kain Hellbane, Orion, ABBATTOIR, Duke, Jove, Dragon X, Kyndrith.

This is also an invitation to all old-school friends of BD that may want to establish contact, and interview for a potential position in the new formation of BD. OGD members, SAS members FoH, and other guilds that fought along with and against BD in the late 90's and early 00's will all be strongly considered and will hold preference over brand new applicants.

Please feel free to contact either myself or Madrid either on this board via PM, or with icq. My ICQ is 261-251-591.

We look forward to hearing from all of you, and we look forward to once again establishing a high standard for personal conduct, game play, and PvP, something that is clearly bankrupt on this shard at this time.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, not to confuse my thief named Duke with Duke of BD :p

I found it funny since I apparently created him after he supposedly quit. People always confused me with him. I never knew him though.
Looking forward to see BD back though. :)

S

shaunak84

Is this the same Lysander who had a small tower on east brit road (I think)?

This is Septus. I played way back on Sonoma with you guys, and Kyndrith on UO Divinity for a bit.

P

PrinceLysander

Maybe you're fast as hell, cocky, and good at killing people. That was what I remember from my good friend Duke. :)

P

PrinceLysander

Is this the same Lysander who had a small tower on east brit road (I think)?

This is Septus. I played way back on Sonoma with you guys, and Kyndrith on UO Divinity for a bit.
Yeah, hey man, good to see you. If you're on Sonoma let me know, and let Kyndrith know I'm lookin for him if you could. I looked in IRC today, didn't see him around.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Snap, maybe I'll re-establish The Ministry (M) so we can have some good fights again. To bad nobody plays and the game blows now :[

S

shaunak84

Yeah, hey man, good to see you. If you're on Sonoma let me know, and let Kyndrith know I'm lookin for him if you could. I looked in IRC today, didn't see him around.
Yeah I'll check on AIM and let him know. I didn't know you guys still played UO. Did they revive T2A PvP or something?

I'm playing free to play games mostly, Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, Source mods, Jedi Knight even, lol.

Gonna check out this new MMO, www.darkfallonline.com when it rolls out, it looks pretty crazy.

Edit: What IRC channel/server do you guys idle in?

P

PrinceLysander

Yeah I'll check on AIM and let him know. I didn't know you guys still played UO. Did they revive T2A PvP or something?

I'm playing free to play games mostly, Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, Source mods, Jedi Knight even, lol.

Gonna check out this new MMO, www.darkfallonline.com when it rolls out, it looks pretty crazy.
Well I've always been around on atlantic shard, and recently we came back to sonoma. The PvP is really strange, roided out, and there are some pretty lame aspects to it, but trying other UO options got old after awhile.

S

shaunak84

Well I've always been around on atlantic shard, and recently we came back to sonoma. The PvP is really strange, roided out, and there are some pretty lame aspects to it, but trying other UO options got old after awhile.
Yeah I just decided to let UO rest in the annals of my gaming history. Playing the abortions passing as UO just wasn't cutting it anymore for me (after the initial nostalgia wore off). I'm done chasing that dragon lol.

S

shaunak84

Oh by the way, when I get a hold of Kyndrith, how should I have him contact you?

F

Frache

Hi, This is MonDain aka Frache

I am still in contact with Sifu, Mojo, Rahzuul, Jezuz, Ares/Serkios, Orion. I'll try to get some of them over here. Might also be able to get a hold of Oberon, Victor, Katrina, and DragonX but that's not certain.

Madrid? Damn he's like a legend or a folk tale isn't he?

Not sure how many are interested in UO but I'll send this on to try and get folks in touch.

P

PrinceLysander

Fantastic MonDain. Let me know what you come up with. Madrid was the first BD member I found active on Sonoma, but I bet there's more around somewhere... I got in contact with Ardiendo today as well, he's not really into coming back to UO, but just getting back in touch with old players is always rewarding. Feel free to add me to ICQ if you want.

T

Trinsauce

Welcome back Lysander. There were a lot of names that I enjoyed fighting against and with from time to time on that list... I was in PkP and ELM before that when yall were playing... If u need any assistance hit me up via pm's...

Trinity

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you're fast as hell, cocky, and good at killing people. That was what I remember from my good friend Duke. :)
I may be fast and cocky and good at stealing from people but not so much on the killing aspect with him since wrestling doesn't really do much damage :p But with wrestling I sure can annoy, stun and disarm and whatnot :D
Such is the life of a pure thief.
But I think it was just the fact that I had the same name and there really isn't anyone else who had the name Duke.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, This is MonDain aka Frache

I am still in contact with Sifu, Mojo, Rahzuul, Jezuz, Ares/Serkios, Orion. I'll try to get some of them over here. Might also be able to get a hold of Oberon, Victor, Katrina, and DragonX but that's not certain.

Madrid? Damn he's like a legend or a folk tale isn't he?

Not sure how many are interested in UO but I'll send this on to try and get folks in touch.
Frache your too kind!

I'm so glad you posted! Thanks for stopping in and saying hello! Man it's been a long time and I'm at a loss for words. I wish you could have seen the smile on my face as I read your post.

I've just been wondering how everyone has been? Whose doing what? Tell Essen/Mojo you heard from me! Tell Orion and tell him to tell Abattoir you heard from me and that nut Madrid is still playing UO. Say Hi to Sifu and Jezuz. If you can get ahold of Oberon, Vic, Kat and DX that would be great but they all probably graduated from Med School except Kat she might be finishing her last year at Harvard or Yale.

And... well just tell all the guys Madrid says Hi and let them know how special our time in UO together was. I had so much fun and have so many great memories and funny stories I remember.

I'll PM you my ICQ and maybe you can get it to some of the guys and if they want to say hi or drop in here for a post that would be real nice.

I just would love to say Hello to all of the guys and see what's happened over the years and hear how everyone is doing.

I know life is busy and time is limited. Life, women, work and kids all take precedence. I'm not hear trying to talk anyone into comming back to UO I know we all have our gaming preferences and what not and we're older and time is limited like I said. The game will never be what it was when we were all together and BD was in it's infancy.

But do tell them Madrid is still around on UO Sonoma and will be until they pull the plug. And that BD is going to be reborn again on Sonoma.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Serkios! I'm doing good and having been having alot of fun in UO the last 2 years. Had my ups and downs in my personal life as I'm sure everyone else has but that's part of the human experience. That's why I wanted to hear about everyone else and see how everyone was doing...

Me...I finally met a little someone and I have a really great girl in my life. We've been together two years now and I'm not sure what I did to deserve her or why she puts up with me but she does and I'm not taking her for granted. So overall I've had alot of really postive things go on in my life and things are pretty good right now.

I took a long break from gaming after UO settled down and all these new MMORPG's starting popping up competing with UO and everyone wanted to go try them.

I played Titan Quest for about a year. I thought that was a very good game and the whole time playing it I kept thining to myself "If UO could only be like this".

Then I got bored again and started searching the internet for old commodore 64 games. So I downloaded the emulator and then I went a downloaded Utima VII The Black Gate - Forge of Virtue. Then I started reading about all the changes to UO and that they had just released a new client UOKR. So I decided to try it and and take a walk down memory lane and find out if it was any good. The screenshots looked real good and I ended up loving it.

UOKR received alot of negative feedback a large majority of it unwarranted. It had alot of stability issues that were legitimate gripes but overall the graphics and the interface make for a great gaming experience. You can't PvP on it. I've been attacked and on screen I'm about 1/2 a screen away and still I'm taking damage from melee.

But with all the complaints they're now working a new client Stygian Abyss Client which I'm also looking forward too that should be out sometime in late 2009 if all goes as scheduled. They added all kinds of cool thing to the game Champion Bosses, Peerless monsters, Doom Dungeon that they had talked so long about. So there's alot of fun to be had with PvM.

PvP is another story. I've been too busy really doing other things in the game rather than be out PvP'ing. I always figured that at some point I'll get back into it but there are still some things I haven't done in the game. I'll have to log onto the 2d client which I can't stand after playing on UOKR but it's better for PvP.

The era we played PvP was at it best as far as requiring skill in my opinion. Right now if you don't have the right weapons and equipment you can't compete on an even playing field even though your skills are up to snuff. It's not like when a guy with 80's in alot of skills could drop a 7x GM who didn't know what he was doing.

So in my mind they need to rework PvP or possibly introduce a Classic shard with precasting like we had back in the day. We'll see what they have on the table after Stygian Abyss...

And to the rest of BD that's out there I don't care if you come in here 5 years after this thread has been posted if it's still up and active by all means pop in and say Hello and we can share some stories. Ziggy? Kain? Misha? Jove?Dx? All of you...don't be shy.:)

Serkios if you get bored sometime..in 6 months or a year from now download a trial UO account and come into Sonoma and look for me and we can talk and share stories and laughs over a mug of ale. Even if it's just for 20 or 30 mins to walk around and see all the changes it would probably bring back a ton of memories and emotions as I know it did for me. That invitation is open to all BD and our adversaries as well.

Really all the people that played back in the day should log in one time just to see how much change has taken place and to reminisce.

Anyhow if you do more than likely chances are I'll be somewhere in Sosaria. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

E

Essen

Hey Slackers!

I wanted to drop in and say hello to eveyone. I'll check back in a few days.

Happy New Year!

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Slackers!

I wanted to drop in and say hello to eveyone. I'll check back in a few days.

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you as well. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.:)

I hope all is well with you!

Again if you get bored download the new client UOKR and take a stroll through Britannia and check out the changes. Don't load up the old 2d client and it's really only good for PvP.

Honestly the 2D still looks like the same old UO with not much change or flavor but UOKR for me at least UO became a totally new experience again. Maybe Stygian Abyss will be even better. Anyhow if you feel like chatting sometime I gave Frache my ICQ...

Good to see you old friend! Cheers!

P

PrinceLysander

WE never blocked it with anything. I used to pk/noto pk there. I started in DoD with Nairmar and Elric. After awhile DoD kinda started to fall apart, so I went out on my own with my buddy Maverick. We created YA, The Young Aristocrats. We would pk on the road, or sit on the corner and duel people. Got into a couple wars, one with BAM, the other with LLD. My first recruits in YA included RAMSES the GREAT and Worm, who later became the world famous Duke of BD. We also had DarkMan-X-, stew, Horus, Tobias Reyals. Horus and Tobias were cadets in the airforce. We even ended up getting Jacob Devo to sign up with YA, after he opposed us for a long time. He used to sit in GZ and EV us. They were some pretty good times. Now during all this, Keys, if it really is you, you spent most of it at East Bank talking to Novas and w. Hanging out with GoL and the rest of the ladies. You were a ladies man. We never really PKd together until after they patched in Eval Int/Meditation. After that patch, I went to Test Center for awhile, and quit Sonoma briefly. When I came back, I was running a fairly effective Dex monkey template, where I had macing, archery, and i threw purple pots in tandem with my archery. At this point I tried out for DLS/oOo. We dueled. I think for the first time ever probably, for admittance into DLS. WE DUELED ALONE, IN A REMOTE LOCATION. SO KEYS- WHERE DID THE DUEL TAKE PLACE?

S

shaunak84

lol, this q&a is hilarious. Btw Lysander, Kyndrith said he can add your icq# to his aim buddy list, so if you want I can PM you his aim sn or you can PM me your info.

P

PrinceLysander

lol, this q&a is hilarious. Btw Lysander, Kyndrith said he can add your icq# to his aim buddy list, so if you want I can PM you his aim sn or you can PM me your info.
I know- and KEYS over here still hasn't gotten back to responding to this. I bet he forgot where we dueled. I'll PM you my icq.

K

keys-DLS

I know- and KEYS over here still hasn't gotten back to responding to this. I bet he forgot where we dueled. I'll PM you my icq.
No, I sure dont remember. But I remember us locking down tables on east road and charging gold for people to pass.

P

PrinceLysander

It was Yew crypts. Remember now? But I don't remember your memory.
So now what? :)
The brief history of YA doesn't have you convinced that it's me? I'm pretty sure it has to, seeing as I even mentioned that you hung out with w. at east bank, he never macroed, but strangely he ended up in DLS with you. An impostor wouldn't have these detailed memories. Never understand how he made that PK without macroing. Hm, other things that might jog your memory about me- I had kinda an in-game GF for awhile- Caelendra. Not sure if you'll remember that. I remember you knew Novas from IRC channels even before UO. She a bunch of alts, the one i talked to the most was "Mynx." One of my old best friends, Liquid Sword, I still talk to. You can ask him if you don't believe its me. His icq is 1863220. Maverick and I haven't spoken in years. We kinda had a personal falling out after we had both quit the game the first time.
Anyway- what do we have to surmise from all this? I either, am indeed the real Lysander of YA, or I am someone who has a frightening obsession with his early playing days and personal life.

S

shaunak84

No, I sure dont remember. But I remember us locking down tables on east road and charging gold for people to pass.
Well we all have our little memories of largely trivial things we did in UO ;)

K

keys-DLS

I had almost forgotten about W. lol. Ok it is you. I tried to find your icq # for a long time after we stopped playing.

S

Serkios

Hey BD-
This weekend I fired up a new UO account and tried it out. Having fun so far checking out the changes. Character name is Aphra DeZiac... look me up in game or ICQ (414426674)

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey BD-
This weekend I fired up a new UO account and tried it out. Having fun so far checking out the changes. Character name is Aphra DeZiac... look me up in game or ICQ (414426674)
I dropped you an ICQ so we should be able to get together in-game and chit chat soon.

Hopefully your playing on UOKR because it really is a new experience on that client and not a rehash of the old circa 1997' game.

Talk to you soon.:)

D

dark knight DLS

Holy **** some old school names.

Keys, this is Dark Knight of DLS..I definetely remember the tables and tossing pots at people that didnt pay hehehe. Toss me a PM so we can talk.

Lysander mentioned Liquid Swords, first time i met LS was by our east road table, if i remember correctly we fought lol. I cant beleive you folks still lurking on these boards. After reading all this, damm im feeling old hahaha.

Anyways, I was reading some Darkfall stuff and it brought me here. WoW....

DK/Dark Knight of DLS

B

Bacololo

I don't play anymore but was randomlly viewing the boards at work and had to post in this. I wasn't much on the PvP list back then but I rolled with and against you guys. My main was Mask who was a blue haired naked thief who had a mace. My mage was AgaeroN who came somewhat late (maybe mid '00). I currently play free servers in the current state of EA UO and actually just got done dueling Kyndrith. Man it is good to see some of you old faces. I still talk with some of the C*D Ithyliris, talk regularly with Jungle Payne, but still haven't got in contact with half the guys I would like to. Where's PkP and FaH (Booey mainly) at?

B

BlackWight

Golbez here. I'm in Darkfall as a long-time member of Redemption www.redemption-gaming.com This game is developing to be a good replacement for old school UO.

We're recruiting. Our membership has fallen off over the years... go figure :)

Good to see you guys are still alive, hehe. Check out Darkfall :) How cool would that be to roll up who's left into a force to be reckoned with?

O

Orion_BD

We'll I believe the last time I saw or heard of Madrid was leaving a restaurant in Huntington Beach, CA in August of 2002. Seven years is way too much time, Bro. Don't you agree?

I had to call Serkios and shame him over the phone for not letting me know about this thread. I found it by googling 'uo sonoma bd'. I see Garen found it before me, which is par for the course.

I'm getting a kick out of seeing all these old names. Not you, Essen and Frache, I saw you in WoW.

UO has always been a source of great nostalgia for me. I started playing on a free shard called Second Age which replicates as closely as possible the T2A era. Its been a lot of fun running around the world and such but I miss the people the most.

Hit up this thread if any of you are still around.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orion what's up my man! Good to see you found this thread. Just by chance I check the Sonoma thread today and as I havent checked in over a month. And what do I see?

None other than one of the founding fathers of BD and one of it's mightiest warriors. How the hell is Abattoir? Are you guy still in touch?

The restaurant business didn't work out. It was tough going so it's time to switch to plan B. But that's another story...

I still play UO all the time but I'm rarely on Sonoma anymore. Sonoma will always be home because of all the times we shared together. I was active there for about 2 years but didn't see a soul I remembered from the glory days. I was hoping to see you, Ab, Ziggy, Jove, Ard, Kain or someone. So now I play mostly on a deserted Asian shard as I can play in peace there without having to deal with all the jack@$$e$ uo seems to bring in.

The game as changed in many ways. Some for better some for worse. PvP ain't worth 2 $hits as far as I'm concerned they utterly butched it and destroyed what was a great PvP system.

BD never reformed and for now perhaps that is meant to be. It was a great honor for Prince Lysander who remembers and understands what BD stood for and accomplished during that era that he wanted to re-establish BD on Sonoma.

I consider myself retired from PvP. We had nothing left to prove as far as I'm concerned. BD played King of the Hill for as long as we wanted. Everyone got tired of the next flavor (Challenger) of the month coming to challenge BD. From my recollection it basically got to the point where there were no worthy adversaries and hence we got bored and disbanded. Perhaps I am biased but that's my memory of it.

I'm sure some of our adversaries from back in the day have a different perception and they're entitled to them. We lost battles and engagements here and there but our batting percentage on a level playing field was unparalleled. We had the best duelers and Ziggy who I'll always consider the best Dueler ever to grace the shard of Sonoma and perhaps all of UO under that system.

I'll PM you my ICQ and hopefully we can chit chat a bit once you see this post.

U

Unforgiven

Wow this looks interesting, I barely get onto these kinda forums but I caught this awesome post.
The old BD is back huh.
I met Ziggy sometime ago like 2 or 3 years ago, No idea if he's still playing, he might have moved to other shard too.

Madrid sir you have really bought up loads of memories for me all in a sudden, remember the days in Deceit Lv4 Lichlord room, the days in Shame when I was fighting as a 409, the days in Vesper when I was a C*D.....

Awesome man, and I really wish to see you guys back in action and show some old school true powers to the huge ego speedhackers nowadays!

Good luck in regrouping!

The Unforgiven aka spurs aka HeartDead
C*D

T

ThraximusZog

Lysander and other ppl from Sonoma's past such as the founders of WL,SAS,BLD, and even a few B^G's hunter...(or so they claimed anyway) are under my command on various other servers that cannot be named here. So most ppl that have left Sonoma when it dried up do still play UO or various other games like UO. and yes, most do whatever the %$%$ I tell them to. For the glory of Zoggism!

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow this looks interesting, I barely get onto these kinda forums but I caught this awesome post.
The old BD is back huh.
I met Ziggy sometime ago like 2 or 3 years ago, No idea if he's still playing, he might have moved to other shard too.

Madrid sir you have really bought up loads of memories for me all in a sudden, remember the days in Deceit Lv4 Lichlord room, the days in Shame when I was fighting as a 409, the days in Vesper when I was a C*D.....

Awesome man, and I really wish to see you guys back in action and show some old school true powers to the huge ego speedhackers nowadays!

Good luck in regrouping!

The Unforgiven aka spurs aka HeartDead
C*D
No the old BD isn't back. We're just reminiscing a bit about all the good times. I don't have the drive or desire for PvP at this juncture given the current system. You can only change things so many times before it gets stale. I'm too old for those adrenaline rushes that would keep me up late into the night.

409 was a pain in the butt. Very well organized in your attacks and targeting cohesively.

In shame you really had to be on your toes because 409 could be coming around the corner at anytime. You guys would show up out of nowhere...Dump and disappear without a trace. It was an effective strategy for you guys and you were good at it. I can vouch personally for being on the receiving end of those blitzkrieg attacks.

Great times!:D

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Triple H came back after UO:R and tried to reform 409 but it didn't fly.