• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bank dye tub

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
there is a chest for putting items in your bank from ur house... works on charges though
It dumps things into the bank, yes - I have two. But it's not great, nor is it equivalent. It won't do much with heavy stacks of stuff I have at home; having to go buy commodity deeds, put them into a commodity box, move the items to that box, deed the items, take the deed to the bank, cash the deed, then properly locate the stack in the bank... annoying. Same for moving rubbles/etc to the bank; they just end up a jumble. And you still have the problem of no way other than pack/packie to get stuff *from* the bank to a secure. Hence why I'd love a house-only (though not account-bound as someone suggested!) deeded something which would permit direct bank access from only home, not while out and about.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i was not comparing.. the chests to this exploit... just saying it exists

its obvious to me how damaging these tubs can be in the right hands.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm willing to wager that these portable bank boxes have done more damage to UO's economy than any sort of exploit in the history of the game, including duping. These things maximize value over time; a scripters wet dream.

Mesanna, how many of these exist? How long have they existed? Can anything be done to reverse the damage?
in the original post it said 3 were given out on an asian shard in 2000.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
in the original post it said 3 were given out on an asian shard in 2000.
I saw that too. It didn't occur to me that there was anything wrong with that statement until someone reminded me in ICQ that veteran rewards didn't exist until late 2001... so where would a furny tub come from nearly two years before they were released?

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Boba,

I would take that wager, and win.

I would welcome a vet reward tub that allowed you to use the bank (Both deposit and withdraw) from inside your house.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw that too. It didn't occur to me that there was anything wrong with that statement until someone reminded me in ICQ that veteran rewards didn't exist until late 2001... so where would a furny tub come from nearly two years before they were released?
Furniture Dye Tubs were originally a reward from the very first Clean up Brit back in 98 or 99.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Furniture Dye Tubs were originally a reward from the very first Clean up Brit back in 98 or 99.
Never knew that one :p Learn something new every day :D

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
C'mon...lets be honest, if this was an actual vet reward letting people bank anywhere or even just in their house the game would look even more dead, then luna bank wouldn't have more than a few afk people or the occasional person walking through. and the other banks would never have a single person ever.