• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bank dye tub

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone,

Forgive me if you feel this is not the place for this post but I just wanted to warn everyone that is trying to sell or buy the bank dye tubs that are currently being advertised. They are going to be removed from the game, it will be a waste of time and a huge waste of money.

Please trust me when I tell you to walk away. It is going to be removed from the game.

Mesanna

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for the warning Mesanna, you just saved many people a whole lot of money :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Common sense dictated that they shouldn't have been in the game. Anyone who paid for one is just silly.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
A Dye Tub that gives you access to your bank, right from your backpack, no matter where you at, Dungeons, House, anywhere!!

fel dungeon2.png ..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sheshhh.... seems some folks are getting smarter and smarter at exploits :/

Great to see Mesanna take the bull by the horns and give the heads up tho :thumbsup:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for warning the rares community..you should probably have posted this to UHall..and oh I don't know the patch screen or even UO.com..good to know your looking out for the community of people who are actually smart enough to NOT buy the item..

Disclaimer: I don't actually care..just find it amusing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for warning the rares community..you should probably have posted this to UHall..and oh I don't know the patch screen or even UO.com..good to know your looking out for the community of people who are actually smart enough to NOT buy the item..

Disclaimer: I don't actually care..just find it amusing

Right because people on Uhall are the ones with 10b to bid on this....

(1ob was the bid on the forum it showed up on)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right because people on Uhall are the ones with 10b to bid on this....

(1ob was the bid on the forum it showed up on)
Ya you're right..my bad!!! Phew that was a close one..THANKS MESANNA!! You're the bestest!!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya you're right..my bad!!! Phew that was a close one..THANKS MESANNA!! You're the bestest!!

Should ALL "illegal" rares, that are being sold within, ya know, the rare community be posted to UHall?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should ALL "illegal" rares, that are being sold within, ya know, the rare community be posted to UHall?
How many illegal rares are in game right now that will be getting deleted?

As for his 10bil comment..what happens when the people selling the exploited item read here and say oh shut time to liquidate for 100m,50m,10m where are those forums?

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sheshhh.... seems some folks are getting smarter and smarter at exploits :/

Great to see Mesanna take the bull by the horns and give the heads up tho :thumbsup:
"smarter at exploits"?

These are just corrupt GMs giving items out. The same way other people get mystery rares, only this one has a little more spunk.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the tubs were supposedly created in 2000, so this isnt a current exploit or current "corrupt" EM.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thank you and well done posting here.

You were right on target

To bad about the item it sounded legit ;(

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, 125 or 170 boosted? of them anyway....how different than several bag of sending?

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
well, 125 or 170 boosted? of them anyway....how different than several bag of sending?
I edited my post to better expound its potential utility. You can't send cursed items via bags of sending, and bags of sending cannot be insured.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still doesn't sound Completely overpowered and game breaking to me.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
You can't use a bag of sending on cursed items or containers.
You can only carry so many charges of powder, plus a bag, before it kills the purpose of going - the bank has no such weight considerations.
Stacks cannot be insured; who needs to insure a stack of pots/bandies/regs/etc when it's in your bank and you have an insured banking dye tub?
Steal something as a thief, who cares if you die, the stolen item won't be on your corpse because you've already banked it.

That's just the first 4 off the top of my mind...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't use a bag of sending on cursed items or containers.
You can only carry so many charges of powder, plus a bag, before it kills the purpose of going - the bank has no such weight considerations.
Stacks cannot be insured; who needs to insure a stack of pots/bandies/regs/etc when it's in your bank and you have an insured banking dye tub?
Steal something as a thief, who cares if you die, the stolen item won't be on your corpse because you've already banked it.

That's just the first 4 off the top of my mind...
Can't insure a bag of sending either.

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Still doesn't sound Completely overpowered and game breaking to me.
If a select few have this ability to transport, secure, and manipulate items in such a way, regardless of how they choose to abuse it, it unbalances the game and is therefore "game breaking" in such a subversive way that we may never know how it has impacted us. As useful as it might be, the ability to open your bankbox anywhere in the game is not an intended feature, and not in keeping with the game's design and pacing.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Agreed Caelyr.

However, I don't think it'd be unbalancing in any way if you had something deeded - so house-only - that would give direct bank access, instead of messing with packies, bags of sending, chests of sending, etc... It'd make it SO much nicer when I need to unpack/pack a load of heavy rubbles, vs making 10 trips back and forth with packies... That'd be quite handy for auction houses as well. :)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A placed banker in your own house is different if account bound

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a chest for putting items in your bank from ur house... works on charges though

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If a select few have this ability to transport, secure, and manipulate items in such a way, regardless of how they choose to abuse it, it unbalances the game and is therefore "game breaking" in such a subversive way that we may never know how it has impacted us. As useful as it might be, the ability to open your bankbox anywhere in the game is not an intended feature, and not in keeping with the game's design and pacing.
A select few do/did have this ability for a very long time.....Does the game feel broken to you?

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A select few do/did have this ability for a very long time.....Does the game feel broken to you?
Some days more than others, yes, sometimes. But that is a matter of opinion. This one issue is part of a greater whole. What's the point in bothering with rules if we're to turn a blind eye to some exploits (and I stress that in this context it gave some people an advantage that the majority of players did not have) and persecute others ruthlessly?

Anyway, it does no good to pick at it like this. Everything looks bigger under a magnifying glass, but some things look even bigger when viewed as part of that greater whole.

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing as the market for these are now dead...

Selling normal dye tubs that you can PUT into your bank! (only when near an actual bank) Woah! Get them only 1b each!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It would be if everyone had the ability.
Imagine raiding a harrower and having their protector bank the scrolls through a dye tub he had in his backpack. Everyone else banking their drops.
There'd be little reason to raid spawns anymore.
Imagine the scripters joy at being able to bank their ore/logs/etc right on the spot.
It would just make the game more of a one player and less of a community.
So that's why it's game breaking.
If there are only one, or two, or five? Then it's unfair to the rest of us who don't have one.
Knowhatimean?

Boba

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm willing to wager that these portable bank boxes have done more damage to UO's economy than any sort of exploit in the history of the game, including duping. These things maximize value over time; a scripters wet dream.

Mesanna, how many of these exist? How long have they existed? Can anything be done to reverse the damage?