[Buying] Balakai’s Shaman Staff

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2009
Buying Balakai’s Shaman Staff, on Europa, paying 20 mill ish, open to trade negotiations.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2009
ok i'll pay whatever. 20 mill, 30 mill. whatever

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
40m on Atl right now on vendor search, and @Old Vet Back Again picked up one of these for 15m on vendor search a day or two after the expansion came out. I think people are looking at this weapon again and seeing it's potential. @Smoot pointed it out in his thread where he's selling one.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
I think the item will cap at around 50m, but eventually go back down to 20-30m. It's a great weapon, but you need uber jewels to make up for the DCI, and you need to fit an extra 2hpr somewhere. With the right pieces this weapon is amazing, but for those that are not experienced in suit building or have the gold for awesome pieces it's not going to be used all that much.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2009
Atlantic
you really dont need hard to get jewels. ive been buying no ep, dci legendary jewels with skills, over 1k imbue weight for quite some time now. sometimes as low as 2mil. usually around 10m. ones that would be 200-500m in the current market if they had EP. i see overall jewel price averaging out between the oldchool "perfect" jewel and these "trash" jewels will become actually better than their 500m plus "oldchool" jewels.

this is of course for mageweapon jewels only. for hci mage and parry mage those EP jewels should retain value.

that being said, i agree that to be of the most benefit you need to use it on a over 720skill point template. On a basic mage, people may still opt for having EP while disarmed. however for pure weight even a basic mage would have to consider the huge benefits using a 1/3 no ep, dci jewel with massive weight. even with secondary mods like lrc and lmc making a full eater suit is very easy, whereas it used to be only for the rich.

As for price, its kinda like the stam apron. it only adds a huge benefit to those with godly templates, for all others its only a noticable benefit over a standard mageweaon. However the stam apron is much worse than crimson when it comes to itemization according to pure weight, so i see the staff being more popular, and therefor more expensive than the apron. for actual price, who knows. personally i think the trinket will eventual top out at around 80-120 and one sold for 350. so who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: del55