• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Automation's mega test

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've crafted around 50 so far. Verite seems to be the easiest ore to get good resists. Valorite gives good phys & energy
but maybe 1 out of 7 will give fire resist 50 (most are under). Since I use mine for PvP I need high fire - most mages cast that.
They can not be poisoned. They can only be healed using 1 ingot per heal attempt by a tinker.
They can be buffed with mages bless. They take up 4 follower slots giving you 1 slot for your mount.
They can not be controlled by anyone other then a GM tinker. Soul stone off tinker & you lose control.

I managed to get 1 agapite with 54/64/54/54/53 which is by far the best over all resistances I've seen no matter the ore type.
My best verite has 58/56/53/57/52. My best valorite has 56/50/57/54/57.
The lower fire keeps me from using the valorite in PvP.

Their specials are: disarm, stun hit (like a paralyze blow) and a melee special that does a flurry of 3 hits at once.
The melee special hit can do +90 damage in a single strike against a player in all 70s. This special doesn't go off much.

As for stats: hit points I've seen are roughly between 760-860 (estimates). My best so far is 858.
Strength roughly the same. When blessed with a 120 mage/eval character you get a +100 buff to each.
Crafted you get around 72-80 stamina/dex but they can be trained up to a 125 cap that can be buffed with bless.
Intelligence around 250-265 (again estimates based off what I've seen crafting them).

As for skills: the 2 big ones are wrestle which can be <100 up to 107 (the highest I've seen) and resisting spells.
Resisting spells ranged from 105-129 on the ones I crafted. Anatomy and Tactics cap out at 100.
They have only 4 skills. The hardest part of training seems to be hitting the 125 stamina/dex cap.

The downside: like all pets, they lose .1 from each skill upon death.
Unlike all pets, any skill over GM(100) appears to permanently lose that .1.
It does not train back up, ever. Over time, you best pet will need to be replaced if it dies often.

I think that about covers it. They're a lot of fun so enjoy :).

(EDIT: They have since been patched, correcting the permanent skills loss. They may be trained back up over time. Some players have reported skills still not training back up but this appears uncommon.)

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can receive the Bard Song buffs but they don't get healed. I guess the 480 invested points wasn't enough for that bonus and would be considered OP.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The downside: like all pets, they lose .1 from each skill upon death.
Unlike all pets, any skill over GM(100) appears to permanently lose that .1.
It does not train back up, ever. Over time, you best pet will need to be replaced if it dies often.
i did not notice that in my playing!
that is interesting.
good catch bro!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The hardest part of training seems to be hitting the 125 stamina/dex cap.
Take them to the Spectral Spellbinders in New Haven. When a pet's (or players) Resist skill is capped, their STR/DEX will skyrocket to 125 cap from having resistable spells spammed on them, which makes the Spectral Spellbinders perfect. I've trained Pack Horses to 125 DEX/180+ Stam on Spectral Spellbinders after GMing their Resist, even done it with a purple Rabbit.

Last edited:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now you have got more spare time than I do. I lose patience after about an hour.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok was planning on using one of these. Some questions I have. I will try this out but have alot of catching up to do. So any help would be great.
  • Do you need 100 tinkering to control? Only ask because one spot says you need 100 tinkering for it to bond but then states that amount healed is based off of tinkering skill. So what I took from that was it would not bond unless I was GM but I could still control /heal it with lower tinkering.
  • To get the 2 second heal has anyone figured out the dex level?
  • If my crafter already has animals in the stables fire beetle and pack animals, how many stable slots does the thing use? Just need to find out what room to make.
  • Also I hate that the information section of the tinker menu calls items needed to build this a different name than the item. I spent forever trying to track down a non existant item.
Thanks. Also on another subject how does one access the Wiki on here. I keep getting a sign in notice. But never get a login screen.. Thanks

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@zamot

• Do you need 100 tinkering to control? YES
  • Only ask because one spot says you need 100 tinkering for it to bond but then states that amount healed is based off of tinkering skill. So what I took from that was it would not bond unless I was GM but I could still control /heal it with lower tinkering. NO, GM Tinkering for everything
  • To get the 2 second heal has anyone figured out the dex level? i had my dex up super high and never got down to a 2 second heal i dont think
  • If my crafter already has animals in the stables fire beetle and pack animals, how many stable slots does the thing use? Just need to find out what room to make. 1 stable slot, your dude will have 6 available to him so you should have lots of room.
  • Also I hate that the information section of the tinker menu calls items needed to build this a different name than the item. I spent forever trying to track down a non existant item. not sure what your talking about.
hope that helps!

Last edited:

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I think the wiki goes live after Friday's Stratics update.

In regards to the misnamed item, I think he's referring to the power core, which for some reason is named "kotl power core" when you get it from the blue room boxes and "stasis chamber power core" when you buy it from the guy in Moonglow. As far as I know they work interchangeably for this, the quest, and activating the blue room despite the different names.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i didnt know that.
interesting!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not know you could buy it from Moonglow. Here is Pictures of the difference. I hope this works

ok pictures didnt upload. But it is the power core.

I took an iron one out and I think the AI for it is messed up. I would say all kill he would walk towards the creature and then come back to me, wait a few seconds and then after the 3rd arrow would hit he would charge the centuar. I was using him to collect arrows. I will have to work on character set up to use this guy. The only account that I have tinkering on I dont have a soulstone. Go figure. So my plans for him are Miassa, Orc Brute, tuski wolves and possibly the white worm. Orc bute should be the easiest with the ask of orcish kin.
Thanks for the information earlier.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand the automatons instantly bond upon creation.
Now if I wanted to create one on a tamer with tinkering to train it up with the taming masteries and then transfer it to another toon, would it take a week to rebond? Or would it remain bonded?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to transfer the head before you first click on it and then when they double click it, it will bond to them provided they have GM tinkering.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I soul stoned over tinkering to my thrower. Reason for that is healing is Dex based for time. I just made it out of iron.

I dragged the Automation to a rat spawn, EM event, and to KoTL city. It did okay at the rat spawn died twice. Once to the spawn, and it tanked Rikktor for about 80 seconds with no healing.

The EM event it was funny to see an Automation in the middle of greater dragons. Again it died twice, but held its own. However, I probably spent more time repairing it than throwing.

Automation are fun, but after awhile the novelty effect wears off. The major draw back is only one method to heal it. I still think it's easier to use a Rising Colossus as a mystic.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
150 Dex 190 Stamina with a 4 second heal. Works just like healing but 1 ingot instead of bandage.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. With this I am not going to change my stats around. I had 50 dex and was healing in 5 seconds. the added dex will not be worth it just to get a 1 second quicker heal. I am going to try and mess around on test before I put anymore effort into changing my template around just to use this new tinker pet.