• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Automation's mega test

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
buckle in, the OCD ride is about to begin!

so, i wanted to test the Automations.
i wanted to know what the base ones looked like, i wanted to know what the different metal made ones looked like and i wanted to play with them!

so, TC finally was able to accept character copies from Origin today so i sent over a bunch of supplies.
i had collected 30 of the Kotl arties and 10 statis chamber power cores along with 10 automaton heads.
so i loaded them onto my tinker and copied over to TC.
then i got onto another account, loaded the stuff on, copied over to TC.
then i got onto another account, loaded the stuff on, copied over to TC.
then i..... well you get the idea.
i moved a LOT of supplies for making the Automations over to TC so i could make a lot of these new Tinker friendly bots.

so after going and getting the recipe and turning in my Kotl stuff for Automation Actuator's i ran over to the stable and started up the factory.
i made 10 Iron Automations.
then i made 1 of each differnt colored ore.
then i went back and made another 10 Iron ones.
then i went and made a bunch of Valorite ones.
all said i was up around 50 of them when i was done my test.

interesting results.
im not sure where i should post all the results in HP/str and resists and such as they are not tamer pets so the tamer forum probably wouldn't want them.... maybe the Craftsman forum?
ill not bore you all with the numbers, ill find somewhere to post them for people who may want to know.
but, the differences in the different ore type ones was easy to see in both the resists and the damage output areas.

the Valorite ones are nice because they get a nice boost to the resists but the downside is the damage is spread over all the different resistances.
so your doing phy 40, fire 10, cold 20, nox 10, energy 20 to anything you fight which is not bad i guess.

also, when you make them they are nice and high up in skills already.
like over 100 sometimes in wrestling and the M/R is usually in the mid 120's.

so the Automations, what are the good for.
well, i took a Valorite one out into Ilsh for a walk and i rolled through the Juka spawn like a hot knife through butter.
Juka Lords, 2 hit kills.
mages and warriors the same.
the dragon elite guys went down no problem.
only a little damage done to the Automation which fixing with the new repair only tink kit was a breeze.

i could only imagine how much fun these would have been years ago when i was out mining all the time as a bodyguard!

i then decided to go hard core and took my new pet to Destard to see how he would fare against bigger critters.
he was able to drop drakes and wyverns with no hassle.
Dragons he killed with a little healing from me.
greater dragon..... killed him - BUT i did get the GD down half way!
i just could not keep up on the heals.

so the damaged head went into my pack, i scampered off to the bank, got 75 Valorite ore out of the bank, resurrected my Automation and went back and finished off the GD!
took me another res and some strategic running and hiding but i got that bugger!

so what else did i notice.
the healing is just like vet or band aid healing people.
the timer is different though.
with veterinary and having 20 dex you heal your pet at 2 seconds.
with tinker i have 50 dex and i was healing at 5 seconds.
my next test will be to change my dex around and see if that changes the time much.

also, the Automations that spawn in the Kotl place, their arms are the color of the ore they are and once they 'wake up' and their arms start to spin they all look like iron.
the ones you make their arms remain the color of the ore you make them with.
so thats neat!

all in all i think the new pets are pretty damn neat!
im gonna be making one for sure for my main mule for those days i need to go get some granite or some ore or what have you.

some pics!

the heads when constructed are the color of the ore you used to make them.

i should have changed his name to Ginsu!

broke Automation head.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im kinda disappointing that my Automation made out of Gold didnt give me a Luck bonus of at least 1000.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do you need animal taming ...and what skill do you need to heal the pet or do you need a tinker to heal? How many pet slots does it take up?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like there's finally a better way to gain loyalty so I can use the Queen's Soul Forge! Swapping over skills was a pain.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you need animal taming ...and what skill do you need to heal the pet or do you need a tinker to heal? How many pet slots does it take up?
IIRC only tinkers can control them...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple of questions.

Do they bond and if so instanty?

Do they recall with you if not bonded or do they have to have a gate?

And same as question already asked, how many pet slots do they take?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Poo Posting Screenies or numbers of what you got for the stats etc on the Automations will be helpful for Pinco to populate some sort of stats for them as to high/low so we can figure out what a "good" one has when you make one and to update the manuals here on Stratics for them...

Most animals and pets and mobs have a nice write up in the monster manual hunters guide... that is VERY helpful to folk. So please do if you would write up the numbers you got. Would certainly appreciate all your hard work and testing. Thanks.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you rez one? I hit repair and it just says I need 75 iron ingots but I have the ingots.
It is a 4 slot pet, it bonds instantly but you need gm tinkering to activate it, I made one and it had 816 hp with 103.4 wrestle and 122.1 resist and 95/97 tactics and anat that trained to gm fast and resist were all 45-52 made from iron. I have tried everything I know I put 600 of every kind of ingot, tried every crafting tool and I just have a black, broken automaton head in my pack that is blessed, undropable and shard bound.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
How do you rez one? I hit repair and it just says I need 75 iron ingots but I have the ingots.
It is a 4 slot pet, it bonds instantly but you need gm tinkering to activate it, I made one and it had 816 hp with 103.4 wrestle and 122.1 resist and 95/97 tactics and anat that trained to gm fast and resist were all 45-52 made from iron. I have tried everything I know I put 600 of every kind of ingot, tried every crafting tool and I just have a black, broken automaton head in my pack that is blessed, undropable and shard bound.
to res him you need to have 75 of the same color of ingots that you used to make him.
so if you used shadow iron to make him you need 75 shadow iron to res him.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have a couple of questions.

Do they bond and if so instanty?

Do they recall with you if not bonded or do they have to have a gate?

And same as question already asked, how many pet slots do they take?
they insta bond when you make them
they take 4 slots to control them.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do these crafted Automatons do the same area attack as the wild ones in the kotl city?

with only 15-20 base damage they would need something special to even compared to any decent level pets.

I guess, now they need to add some sort of "stable" for these things, maybe a Tinker-crafted stable just for mechanical pets... so many different types of Automatons!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
here are the stats for all the ones i made.
just a simple lowest to highest.
the resists are all within 5 points from highest to lowest UNTIL you make them with flavored ore than they get the added perk of the metal (times 2 i believe)

HP 777-886
Stam 67-75
Mana 251-265
STR 763-866
DEX 67-75
INT 251-265

phy 45-50 (69 with Dull Copper)
fire 45-50 (59 with Agapite)
cold 46-48 (59 with Bronze)
nox 46-50 (62 with Copper)
energy 47-50 (61 with Shadow)

wrestle 95.4-109.1
tactics 81.6-95.8
magic resist 120.6-129.4
anat 90.9-100

things to note.
the HP i have the lowest at 777 and that was the only one under 800 i saw, rest all where well over 800.
normal iron ones had a average of 234-244 total in resists, when you make them from color ore they go way up 258-279.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Do these crafted Automatons do the same area attack as the wild ones in the kotl city?

with only 15-20 base damage they would need something special to even compared to any decent level pets.

I guess, now they need to add some sort of "stable" for these things, maybe a Tinker-crafted stable just for mechanical pets... so many different types of Automatons!
i was only able to hunt with them for like 5 minutes and they did do the graphic every once in a while but i honestly didnt watch to see if it did anything.
and they do hit hard, while they say 15-20 base mine was hitting some stuff for 90hp a time.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh, one thing i forgot to mention!
they do the same thing that the wild ones do in that if you fire a spell at them they will insta speed have over to ya.
which is funny until you realize that the mechanical pet you where healing is now on the other side of the screen in the blink of an eye!

i was fighting a Dragon and another walked on screen and pitched a fire ball or something over and my automation was there instantly beating the hell out of it, i didnt even see it move!

Siward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your tests, Poo!

Couple of questions:
1. Do you know if Taming Masteries can be used on them? Like 'consume damage'.
2. Do they recall with you?
3. Did you notice if their skills can be raised by training them?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any skill below gm will train to 100, if wrestling is over 100 it stays the same, resisting spells all seem to be in the low 120s. They recall just fine and I got one to all 100 skills and 118 dex in about 4 hours of training. I am sure 1 more hour or so would get it to 125 dex.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Any skill below gm will train to 100, if wrestling is over 100 it stays the same, resisting spells all seem to be in the low 120s. They recall just fine and I got one to all 100 skills and 118 dex in about 4 hours of training. I am sure 1 more hour or so would get it to 125 dex.
i wouldnt say that, most of mine are mid 120's with 2 over 129

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks for your tests, Poo!

Couple of questions:
1. Do you know if Taming Masteries can be used on them? Like 'consume damage'.
2. Do they recall with you?
3. Did you notice if their skills can be raised by training them?

Thanks in advance!
1. dont think so, didnt test it out as my mule does not have over 90 taming, youd need a tamer with tinkering to test that.
2. yes
3. yes

Siward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks @Poo - I will try the taming mastery on a prod. shard once I got all the components.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So they take 4 slots, same as a Cu. Are they as good as a Cu and when will the DEVs let us ride them like a Cu? I think it is great but some of these pets take up more slots than they really should.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
usually mules dont have taming so they cant ride cu's anyways, no?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Poo I was just comparing it to another 4 slot pet and if you thought they were equal fighting wise and IYourHO are they worth it. They are the only thing I am looking at because yes Kotl is fun it is the only thing I may consider getting or just give away my items to others.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmm interesting question.
thinking what would be the best way to test this?
pit fight between a Automaton and a Cu?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
released i had a tamer on TC so i went and did a quick pit fight for ya.
Automation VS untrained Cu, Automation won with only half its HP gone.
Automation VS untrained Rune Beetle and Night Mare combo, Automation won with only half its HP gone.
Automation VS trained Greater Dragon, GD won and was only down between 1/3 to 1/2 in HP

hope that helps!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Automation VS untrained Rune Beetle and Night Mare combo, Automation won with only half its HP gone.
Automation VS trained Greater Dragon, GD won and was only down between 1/3 to 1/2 in HP

hope that helps!
Damn. Kind of a kick in the crotch to tamers huh? Second best pet in game, and requires only 1 skill to control. :/

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The wild ones will disarm you. Do the crafted ones disarm? My thrower got disarmed a few times fighting the wild ones.

According to the Mechanical Pets page Cleanse Winds heals the advance mechanical pets. Doese it work on Automations?

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The wild ones will disarm you. Do the crafted ones disarm? My thrower got disarmed a few times fighting the wild ones.

According to the Mechanical Pets page Cleanse Winds heals the advance mechanical pets. Doese it work on Automations?
thats a good question, ill go check for ya

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

another good question, ill check that as well

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

just tested, no you can not heal them with cleanse winds.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Yes.
just tested, it disarmed my guy 3 times.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could see these things causing chaos in PvP. If you're a mage, archer, or thrower it will charge you. If you melee or ranged it disarms you. Even with the saving throw from Weapon Masteries that prevents disarm.

LlamaOnDrugs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could see these things causing chaos in PvP. If you're a mage, archer, or thrower it will charge you. If you melee or ranged it disarms you. Even with the saving throw from Weapon Masteries that prevents disarm.
From the moment I saw how they react to spells, I assumed this was the idea behind them!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

hope that helps!
TY

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Inoperative Automaton Head
  • Recovered from Automatons in the Kotl City or found in chests hidden inside the Kotl City

How do you get these? i killed a bunch of the automations (in the main spawn area) and nothing.

RNG hate you

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
have you gotten any? or can anyone else confirm they are dropping?
I can only say yes I have on Baja and I get them from the automations but could not say how many I killed but I have 6 heads.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards

where are these "hidden chests", do you actually have to use detect hidden to find them?

ive killed about 25 of the automations with no drop.
You've been unlucky. I killed around 30 yesterday and got 3 heads. However, I only got 2 artifacts. :frown2:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's definitely RNG.
I've killed three Automations with my thrower and got one head. Then I've killed 20+ with my tamer and got zero.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

where are these "hidden chests", do you actually have to use detect hidden to find them?

ive killed about 25 of the automations with no drop.
hidden chests are in the area west of the blue square, yes you need detect to find them, they work exactly like the hidden boxes in Exodus dungeon, including the basic contents of gold and gems.
If anyone wants automaton heads on Europa give me a shout, i've got several. Full details of what's in the chests can be found on the Treasures of the Kotl City page on the uo.wiki.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the boxes are good for getting them, think i pulled 6 last night in about 2 hours.
we also pulled 4 or 5 heads while at the same time killing automations.

i think the drop rate for killing them per getting a head is probably around 20/30 per head if that helps.

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Is it a bug that cleansing winds doesn't work on these? Would think all mechanical pets should have the same standards...

Just tested Gift of Renewal and that also doesn't work :(

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So maybe I missed it, but can these things be turned off so to speak? Or do they permanently take up control slots? Can I put tinkering on my tamer, use one, and later put it in a stable or something so I can use other pets?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread just died out already ? What's the best color to use ?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever metal you build them out of is added to there resist. However, it applies to the damage they do to.