• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auto logging pets. PVP Tamer...

Y

Yalp

yea but you can make an archer tamer, a mage tamer, etc. Both the pet and you can be fighting at the same time, even if you make an archer mage, you aren't using both abilities at the same time.
Mystic/mage.
Necro archers?
Dexer/chiv/necro?

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystic/mage.
Necro archers?
Dexer/chiv/necro?
I think he's saying no matter what hybrid you're playing of any template a tamer template's the only one that lets you do two actions at once. (Pet actions+Player actions) Everything else you have to wait for your first action to be completed to perform a different one.

M

maroite

Where's the tamer nerf? This is simply making a game mechanic work correctly.

Dude you're arguing about this because you want to grief people.

Fact: Pets lose skill points when they die.
Fact: It is VERY easy to drop aggro after the tamer dies.
Fact: Many tamers are pretty squishy in PvP.
Fact: The only reason you want this is so you can kill (grief) tamers after they're dead by PvMing their pets.

A tamers pet in PvP is its weapon. A tamer without a pet isn't going to kill anyone. This is tantamount to me saying I should be able to break your bow after you die because it was shooting me while you were alive.

I invest 360 skill points into taming skills to be able to control a monster which equates to my main, and almost only damage source.

No offense, I find you lame for even wanting to kill pets after the tamer dies.

I also think tamed pets shouldn't be able to be discorded, shouldn't be subject to EoE, Consecrate Weapon, and should not be subject to slayer weapons. If we're going to treat them like players, we may as well treat them like players.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dude you're arguing about this because you want to grief people.

Fact: Pets lose skill points when they die.
Fact: It is VERY easy to drop aggro after the tamer dies.
Fact: Many tamers are pretty squishy in PvP.
Fact: The only reason you want this is so you can kill (grief) tamers after they're dead by PvMing their pets.

A tamers pet in PvP is its weapon. A tamer without a pet isn't going to kill anyone. This is tantamount to me saying I should be able to break your bow after you die because it was shooting me while you were alive.

I invest 360 skill points into taming skills to be able to control a monster which equates to my main, and almost only damage source.

No offense, I find you lame for even wanting to kill pets after the tamer dies.

I also think tamed pets shouldn't be able to be discorded, shouldn't be subject to EoE, Consecrate Weapon, and should not be subject to slayer weapons. If we're going to treat them like players, we may as well treat them like players.
You obviously don't understand the difference between grief and intended game mechanics. I don't see where fixing this makes a tamer users game play change.

And technically you do break our weapons while we're swinging on you. We just repair them after a while. Like you'd have to do with the wear on your pet.. get it? You get two actions to our one.. deal with the .1 skill loss. And if you want to mend your pet's wounds get vet or at least a second account with it worked up so you can still free up the 100+ skill points on your character.

Y

Yalp

I think he's saying no matter what hybrid you're playing of any template a tamer template's the only one that lets you do two actions at once. (Pet actions+Player actions) Everything else you have to wait for your first action to be completed to perform a different one.
Yeah I was responding that with my mytic/mage, while my summons (colossus, eles, demon) are wailing on their target I am also throwing fireballs upside it's face. Or on my dexer/necro I have thrown a rev on the target and am now doing my best to lay it on thick with my mace. My dexer/bush also has a lesser hyru. I might even get off it and command it to also attack my target.

Yes I have to recast the "other attacker" and I have to command it (if it's demon/ele summons) but it's gonna go to my target and attack just like a tamer/mage, tamer/archer, tamer/dexer does.

M

maroite

You obviously don't understand the difference between grief and intended game mechanics. I don't see where fixing this makes a tamer users game play change.

And technically you do break our weapons while we're swinging on you. We just repair them after a while. Like you'd have to do with the wear on your pet.. get it? You get two actions to our one.. deal with the .1 skill loss. And if you want to mend your pet's wounds get vet or at least a second account with it worked up so you can still free up the 100+ skill points on your character.
My weapons break on my tamer.
Your weapons break on your char.

Balanced.

My pet losses skills when it dies.

You........... ?????

Not balanced.

I play with Vet on my char thank you very much.

Your entire argument is this.

puni666 kills tamer.

tamer pet kills puni666 because he doesn't know how to PvP/drop agro from pet.

puni666 goes back to try and kill pet again before tamer resses.

tamer logs to save pet.

puni666 comes to forums e-raging about how he can't pvp people's pets because they log to save them. (this is the best part, that you hide wanting to kill dead tamer's pets as if its a challenge (griefing) under the guise of being "pvp"...)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh for goodness sakes, if you take a pet into a PvP battle, it's not griefing if someone kills it. If your pets don't get killed while you're getting a rez, you're able to bounce back into battle again. In these days of 0 vet tamers, there's a good tactical reason why you kill a pet - it gets the 0 vet tamers off the field for a while. And a pet in battle is either eating someone or it'll soon be eating someone. So of course players kill them.

I don't think the problem in this thread is folks wanting to grief. It's players who believe they have the right to prevent pet deaths whether it was intended or not. Feeling entitled to that protection through their own opinion of "how things should be". Sorry, that's for the devs to decide and apply to all tamers, not you. It's pulling pets out of battle rather than accepting that they should be killed like any other member of an attacking group.

Wenchy

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh for goodness sakes, if you take a pet into a PvP battle, it's not griefing if someone kills it. If your pets don't get killed while you're getting a rez, you're able to bounce back into battle again. In these days of 0 vet tamers, there's a good tactical reason why you kill a pet - it gets the 0 vet tamers off the field for a while. And a pet in battle is either eating someone or it'll soon be eating someone. So of course players kill them.

I don't think the problem in this thread is folks wanting to grief. It's players who believe they have the right to prevent pet deaths whether it was intended or not. Feeling entitled to that protection through their own opinion of "how things should be". Sorry, that's for the devs to decide and apply to all tamers, not you. It's pulling pets out of battle rather than accepting that they should be killed like any other member of an attacking group.

Wenchy
Exactly. Some people just can't understand that though, and it's not aimed at just the few people that respond to this thread. I wish an EA member would respond to any of this to verify if pet logging is intended to be used this way or not.

B

boostar

Bonding wasn't needed back in the day at all, if you lost your pet to death go tame another. Bonding was added because of all the crying that it wasnt fair because of insurance.
Just wanted to clarify, bonding predates insurance by about a year.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bumping this to try and get a dev's response to let us know if pet auto logging was intended to be used this way or not.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW tamers complaining about losing .1 on their pets, back before it was .1 it was 10% loss of skill per death to a player or monster, learn adapt find the next niche template and remember you cannot win every fights 100% of the time

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, go back further and you had to tame a new pet(s) after defeat too.

Not that I disliked it, just part of the process and how the game worked back then - die, make new gear, buy more regs and tame a fresh pet. Sometimes several because you met a red on the way out with your new pet and didn't do so well :D

Wenchy

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, the auto-logging feature cannot be just removed as there were bugs which could cause a pet to *poof* if not stabled when a client logged off (or crashed). The bug was not fixed per se, outside of auto-logging.

However, there is no reason why a timer could not be added to the auto-logging. Tie it into the aggro timer. That should give PvPers enough time to kill the GD (or whatever) if they wish, as well as maintain the auto-logging as bug fix.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, the auto-logging feature cannot be just removed as there were bugs which could cause a pet to *poof* if not stabled when a client logged off (or crashed). The bug was not fixed per se, outside of auto-logging.

However, there is no reason why a timer could not be added to the auto-logging. Tie it into the aggro timer. That should give PvPers enough time to kill the GD (or whatever) if they wish, as well as maintain the auto-logging as bug fix.
Yeah, that's pretty much all there needs to be.