• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AUCTION ENDS FRIDAY 9PM EASTERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prada_UO

Visitor
Hello all, I have a few items I want to auction off.

All items are open no minimum
All items are on Atlantic

ENDS 9PM EASTERN ON FEB 9TH

1: THE MURDRUM - ABRAHAM THE TWINS' WICKED CROSSBOW
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.55.34 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.55.37 PM.png

2: A ROASTED TURKEY'S BONES
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.55.43 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.55.46 PM.png

3: A ORC KING'S LUNCH SACK FILLED WITH STOLEN TREATS FROM THE KING'S FEAST
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.12 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.15 PM.png

4: JACK'S BAG OF TRICKS

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.21 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.23 PM.png

5: FRIEND OF THE WIS-LEM KIR

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.29 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.31 PM.png

6: A POORLY DECORATED SPIDER EGG
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.48 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.56.51 PM.png

7: EREBUS'S LANTERN OF LIGHT

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 3.08.42 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 3.08.48 PM.png

HAPPY BIDDING!

Attachments

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
hi there nice auction i suggest you to add a 10 minutes bids after each bid at the end of the auction to avoid sniper bid

Kraxal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can reach me at 53679735 on icq or Kraxal on discord. I won #7. Thanks!

Kraxal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This fella never contacted to transfer items. I believe he has moved on to Facebook. Just posting this for future reference. Thanks.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he publicly posted on facebook that he will not be honoring bids because they didn't reach the value he had hoped.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello all, I have a few items I want to auction off.

All items are open no minimum
All items are on Atlantic

ENDS 9PM EASTERN ON FEB 9TH

1: THE MURDRUM - ABRAHAM THE TWINS' WICKED CROSSBOW
View attachment 151722 View attachment 151723

2: A ROASTED TURKEY'S BONES
View attachment 151724 View attachment 151725

3: A ORC KING'S LUNCH SACK FILLED WITH STOLEN TREATS FROM THE KING'S FEAST
View attachment 151728 View attachment 151729

4: JACK'S BAG OF TRICKS

View attachment 151730 View attachment 151732

5: FRIEND OF THE WIS-LEM KIR

View attachment 151733 View attachment 151734

6: A POORLY DECORATED SPIDER EGG
View attachment 151736 View attachment 151737

7: EREBUS'S LANTERN OF LIGHT

View attachment 151738 View attachment 151739

HAPPY BIDDING!
So what's the deal?

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I figured something was up when I saw he just started the account. Look out for the account that starts middle of Feb 2024 selling EM items lol.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured something was up when I saw he just started the account. Look out for the account that starts middle of Feb 2024 selling EM items lol.
Always a risk, but better to give benefit of the doubt. Nothing really lost when bidding on the items. Just ends up outing someone with weak morals.

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More background. Looks like they are "done" with Stratics anyway.
[photos removed by request of the moderator]

Last edited:

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always a risk, but better to give benefit of the doubt. Nothing really lost when bidding on the items. Just ends up outing someone with weak morals.
Also affects all of their potential future business imo.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can confirm Zolaf's statement above by way of seeing posts both on Discord and Facebook whereby the original seller has said he will not honor this auction and is walking away from it without any intention of explaining himself on Stratics.

After I suggested to him in one of the mutual Discord servers we share that he post up here to atleast let people know about the decision, I was met with an abrasive response. Basically said that it's 'sad' people are complaining they can't get the items they bid on for what he believes are a fraction of what they're worth. Also told me that their Facebook post is a suffice explanation (a post they've since deleted), then proceeded to argue semantics with me before ultimately saying they would be done with Stratics after this.

I consider this matter closed. Feedback for the seller can be left on the link here:
Selling history for Prada_UO

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These items aren't worth much to begin with. Not sure what prices he even thought he was going to get

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Of course someone who didn't do their research before putting items up for sale would be disappointed with the prices offered, especially since the original post specifically stated "no minimum". To then complain that people on Stratics are upset about an "auction" that is not being honored shows the OP's immaturity and inability to see past the end of his own nose.

From my perspective, no one is complaining about not getting the items they bid on but rather on the lack of trustworthiness of the OP. To try and distort that into anything else, again, shows immaturity.

All the OP has done is give themself a reputation for being immature, dishonest, and selfish.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OP could have gotten scammed into buying/trading stuff he thought he could resell. He should have put minimum bids and hopefully the MODs will keep a look out for these items coming up for auction again. Shame on the OP.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In the conversation I had with the individual, the issue wasn't that they reneged so much as it was the brash attitude about thinking no one even deserved an explanation. They hit me with phrases like 'I'm a grown man and can make my own decisions' , 'It's just a game and shouldn't be a big deal to anyone'. I made an attempt to level with them and explain that the reality is that the UO trading community, especially when it comes to EM items and rares, is a smaller tight knit community where everyone crosses paths. The damage done to reputation over a relatively minor amount of gold is a difficult stink to get rid of. I gave this person examples that there are certain members of this community that are treated like pariahs due to their attitude and approach. Unfortunately, my attempts were made in vain.

Before this becomes any more of a public shaming fest, I am going to lock it up. If the OP wants to explain themselves, they can drop me a note and I will re-open. Those who were involved in the auction should consider leaving feedback. Otherwise... we're going to move on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.