• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Au revoir et merci!

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well folks, the time has come for me to take my final bow.

The past 2 years have been an amazing experience. I got to fulfill the unlikely dream of working on the best game ever made and alongside developers I have admired for many years. I want to thank the Dev Team for having been great friends, mentors, source of inspiration and comforting shoulders to cry on during tough times. I also want to thank you, the players, for the patience, support and criticism (constructive and otherwise) that you have given me since I’ve joined the team. It has helped me grow as an individual and as a designer.

I am grateful I was given this chance to make my mark in this game, however small it was. While there no doubt were some misses, I can only hope that my humble contributions will mostly be remembered fondly. There’s so much more I wish I could have done for UO, but even a lifetime wouldn’t be enough for it all. Fortunately, you have a very dedicated and hardworking team with a lot of awesome things in store for UO! And I can’t wait to see and experience it alongside you all.

I chose to leave, not for “better” things, but to embark on an exciting new journey that will allow me to continue to grow personally and professionally.

Long live Sosaria, long live UO! And until we meet again, may the Virtues light your path.

Regine "Sakkarah" Abel

C

canary

The past 2 years have been an amazing experience. I got to fulfill the unlikely dream of working on the best game ever made and alongside developers I have admired for many years. I want to thank the Dev Team for having been great friends, mentors, source of inspiration and comforting shoulders to cry on during tough times. I also want to thank you, the players, for the patience, support and criticism (constructive and otherwise) that you have given me since I’ve joined the team. It has helped me grow as an individual and as a designer.

I am grateful I was given this chance to make my mark in this game, however small it was. While there no doubt were some misses, I can only hope that my humble contributions will mostly be remembered fondly. There’s so much more I wish I could have done for UO, but even a lifetime wouldn’t be enough for it all. Fortunately, you have a very dedicated and hardworking team with a lot of awesome things in store for UO! And I can’t wait to see and experience it alongside you all.

I chose to leave, not for “better” things, but to embark on an exciting new journey that will allow me to continue to grow personally and professionally.

Long live Sosaria, long live UO! And until we meet again, may the Virtues light your path.

Regine "Sakkarah" Abel
Aw, Jeez... not another good one.

I have a friend who is currently not playing but when he does find out boy is he gonna NOT be happy with this news.

Anyhow, best of luck.

(Side note: Is there ANYONE on UO besides, uhm, Cal?)

J

Jhym

Sorry to see you go; hopefully to a slightly less demanding customer base.

Thanks for being patient with us.

:grouphug:

N

Nastia Cross

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aww this can't be happening!! I guess all I can say is good luck and thanks. I'll miss ya.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see you leave as a developer Sak...but will be happy to see you return as a player. :)

Best of wishes to whatever you decide to do, and thank you for all of your contributions.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell, it was a pleasure having your services for these many months. Surely, the gardeners of Britannia will mourn your passage.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
blindsided, is the only word that comes to mind

safe journeys to you, Sakkarah, wherever the path may lead

V

Vaen Swiftar

I was one of the fewer lucky ones who actually got to play UO with Sakkarah before she became a developer under her banner of DEI. I can tell you from personal experience that she has unparalleled drive when it comes to her passions. While UO is one of them, her career is another, and I for one look forward to whatever projects you will be working on in the future.

Until our next 'rawr,' godspeed Sakuuka Racha.

T

Tazar

I hate not having you on the team. Your contributions were awesome and showed that you truly understand what UO was, is, and can be in the future!

I wish you well wherever you land and hope to see you more on Atlantic now as a good friend and fellow player. :)

Y

Yen Sid

You will be missed. I hope you continue to do great things for others as you have done for all of us here. I appreciate all you have done for us and it's too bad you have to go :sad4::sad3::sad2:.

Things are not looking good for UO at this point.

T

Terrorknight

Another Dev gone..... things arn't looking good. I'm sorry to see you go and hopefully you'll end up somewhere nice :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow.
Speechless for a bit, but I got over it. Is there anyone left at Mythic that plays UO now?
Good luck to you Sak, thanks for the quest tips, and thanks for the effort you put into gardening!
Let us know where ya land!

Meanwhile, Last one out, turn off the lights...

E

Eyes of Origin

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?! nooooooo :sad4:

DevilsOwn is right, total blindside.. wow

We lost Draconi and others and now out of the blue we're losing you too???
I'm glad this was your choice Sakkarah, cause if it was EA/Mythics, then they would be making a huge mistake! Why is it all the ppl who actually care about this game are leaving???

I, do however wish you the best, Sakkarah. :)

:sad3:

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sakkarah, I've played UO for many years and you breathed new life into the game with your additions. I've been a fan of your work on this game since your introduction. Thank you for all you've done and good fortune on the path ahead; you will be greatly missed.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stunned is the only thing I have to say for this.

I wish you the best, wherever you are heading Sakkarah. It is a loss UO really doesn't need right now, but I can understand it as well.

Blessed be.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell and good luck, we'll miss you. Maybe you'll be back some day.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the heck is going on around here! Aww, we will miss you hon. This is terrible, after losing Draconi and so many others. Terrible for the game, but I hope great for you personally. You have made an incredible difference in the game, I hope you have nothing but pride in the time you have spent working on UO.

Good luck! *hugs*

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****, this is extremely disappointing. Regardless, thanks for all you've done and best of luck.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tend to not try to be one of those the sky is falling people.. but this doesnt look good at all =/

Sorry to see you go Regine :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best of luck to you on the next stage of your journey, Sakkarah! You brought many wonderful things to UO during your time as a developer and you won't be forgotten.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally shocked! Never saw this coming.

I wish you the best of luck with your next adventure and a huge thanks for all your hard work on UO!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noooooooooo!!!!!!! I was so sad when we lost you as our EM but squealed with delight when you became one of our designers. Dang! We're going to miss you around here. :sad3: I pray that all of your future endeavors are blessed. Take care, young lady and now I can call you "sweet" without fear of you torching my house. *HUGE HUGS*

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I hate not having you on the team. Your contributions were awesome and showed that you truly understand what UO was, is, and can be in the future!

I wish you well wherever you land and hope to see you more on Atlantic now as a good friend and fellow player. :)
/signed, and . . .

oh... **** :sad4:
/signed again. :(

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Safe travels Sakkarah. I wish you all the best on your new adventure!

G

Green Mouser

Ill Fortune is coming when your name is put on a bell.

Really, what is going on? Good luck in your endeavors.

B

Beastmaster

Thank you alot for all the wonderful things you did for us gardeners. I don't know everything you had your hands in, but I can tell you the gardening crowd loves everything you did.

T

Tazar

Cal,

If you're smart you'll offer her 2x the salary and your office to stay!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I will always remember you as the Turkey lady! I hope you continue to update your blog. It is always a fun to read. You did such an amazing job and worked hard to get to where you are going. The best of luck to you.

:lol: (I hope you left someone behind to sweet talk the Artists over there.) :lol:

L

Luna Rossa

Farewell and safe travels as you embark on your next journey!

You have left your mark not only in the lands but also in our hearts!

Lady Luna Rossa of S@GE
Kijustsu Anei Village
Chesapeake

E

Eyes of Origin

A thought just crossed my mind, dont know why, but are you going to go work with Draconi? hmmm??

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww. But you are my favorite!

Well I wish you the very best! and Goodluck!

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Sakkarah,

For all you have done for UO and it's players. Your contributions have been great & memorable... you brought light to ones you touched.

Please stay in touch Regine, hope to see you & your work again.

*bows respectfully*

Leurocian

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell, Sakkarah. It was a pleasure working with you. Thanks for all your contributions to UO. I look forward to hearing about your future travels. May your swords and spells never fail you. :)

Sweet water and light laughter until next,

Patrick "Leurocian" Malott

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Best wishes for success in the future, Sakkarah! Your impact will be missed. I particularly enjoyed this past year's Halloween event.

-OBSIDIAN-

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will always remember you as the Turkey lady! I hope you continue to update your blog.
Turkey Lady? LOL! I guess that's somewhat better than cat lady? :mf_prop:

Yes, I intend to maintain my blog (when I'm not procrastinating and slacking!)

A thought just crossed my mind, dont know why, but are you going to go work with Draconi? hmmm??
Ahaha, no I'm not. Fortunately for him! I gave him enough gray hair with all the crazy ideas I would come up with. Then again, not even 2 days ago I still found a way to make him shake his head in despair at my craziness :D

Winfield

Adventurer
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks Sakkarah for all you have done ... and all you will do on your "exciting new journey."

... Why do I thank you ahead of time for all you will do? Well, because people like you have "promise" and we can predict the future around you.

Dragonspeed to you my friend!

Winfield, Old Man and Governor of PaxLair Statehood, Chesapeake

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many times must I cry for losing the best developers? I will miss you, Sakkarah, you showed as much concern for Japanese players as Draconi. I can't thank you enough for it. ... And your season events were filled with humors of high quality, which made a man die with laughter before moniter in the midnight, in the far east end of the earth.

I really don't want you to leave the team, but I must pay my respect to it, for it's your own decision.

Take care on your new journey, and I wish you the best luck in your path, whereever it leads you.

また会うときまで、ありがとう!(=Au revoir et merci!)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
So long, and thanks for all the seeds...

*tips hat*

S

Stupid Miner

ευλογησαι σε κυριος και φυλαξαι σε.
επιφαναι κυριος το προσωπον αυτου επι σε και ελεησαι σε.
επαραι κυριος το προσωπον αυτου επι σε και δωη σοι ειρηνην.

*waves*

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you luck in the future. Find a game company that refuses to be bought by EA.

Soooo........who the hell do we have left?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Going to miss your influences to UO. The gardeners' will need a Sakkarah's weeping willow as a remembrance of your green thumb. I still think those turkeys were saying arugula right before they pound you. Thank you for your contributions and conversations. They will never be forgotten. P.S. I managed to snag a tall banana tree without killing anyone or anything at the primevil lich spawn. So yes, a dedicated Trammel pvm'er has to eat crow and say, you were right to give pvp'ers a deco bone too.