Atlantic???

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
What a day this is! I logged in again and went to the bank. This time out I said balance and saw that the money that was traded to me is in the character transfer account. Why all your balances don't appear when you click on the minter is beyond me. There is no way other than to say balance to see where your money is. When the menu pops up each line should have a balance total. Not having one and seeing it and then not seeing it gave me a real scare. Why didn't they just add Plat and leave the old system in place. If I can see my piles of gold or checks I know at all times how much I have in the bank. This way is to me anyways way too confusing. @Messanna

Reactions: RoseBlue

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 16, 2007
Sosaria
What a day this is! I logged in again and went to the bank. This time out I said balance and saw that the money that was traded to me is in the character transfer account. Why all your balances don't appear when you click on the minter is beyond me. There is no way other than to say balance to see where your money is. When the menu pops up each line should have a balance total. Not having one and seeing it and then not seeing it gave me a real scare. Why didn't they just add Plat and leave the old system in place. If I can see my piles of gold or checks I know at all times how much I have in the bank. This way is to me anyways way too confusing. @Messanna
Just open a trade window with anyone in the area, balance is at the top its not that horrible :(

Then say balance for your character transfer account to find out what it is..

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2012
Atlantic
knightsofthevalorianorder.weebly.com
If there happens to be another player at the bank.

Is it really necessary to have to ask for balance, and have it displayed ingame for all to see? I'm not sure that's the best plan.
You can also single click your character and open the insurance menu, it tells you how much gold is available to pay for the insurance, which is also all the gold in your bank.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 27, 2004
The insurance menu doesn't tell you if you have gold in your transfer account or your secure account.

Reactions: RoseBlue

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 13, 2010
Britain
gl.uorpc.net
The new monetary system needs a few quality of life enhancements...

• A private balance method (would you want your account balances shouted at your IRL bank?)
  • Explicitly stating in the journal how much gold you've lost or gained after a trade, an npc purchase/sale, or anytime a gold transaction occurs (not just your new balance)
  • A way to macro giving someone a specific amount of gold (for events where prizes are frequent... trivia, etc.)

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Aug 1, 2015
Awards
You can also single click your character and open the insurance menu, it tells you how much gold is available to pay for the insurance, which is also all the gold in your bank.
Realized another option is to use the house placement tool, which is blessed an easily carried, to get your balance. There are workarounds at least.
Cheers!

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 16, 2007
Sosaria
If there happens to be another player at the bank.

Is it really necessary to have to ask for balance, and have it displayed ingame for all to see? I'm not sure that's the best plan.
Are you really worried about people knowing how much gold you have in an 18 year old game ? Who really cares how poor someone is or how many billions they have.... Unless your allowing people access to your account it shouldn't be an issue.... Worried about virtual uo stalkers creeping up in the shadows of your castle wall to rob your bank? heh

Just saying I understand they should have a better menu though but i don't think it was there priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captn Norrington