Atlantic Memorial

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 2, 2008
How do we go about getting a little memorial for a fellow UO player? A guy that most of atlantic has come in contact with over the past 20 years has apparently been involved in a fatal car accident. His character name is Gilly Willy to those who knew him. But, I think a little something would be nice and just want to know how to make that happen.

@Mesanna @Bleak

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Jul 19, 2015
That stinks, a memorial near Yew Gate would be a nice thing to do. He was a good guy for sure, winning or losing he always kept it light and was a genuinely nice person.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2009
I have never posted in this forum but I can't just scroll past this post without commenting. This is very sad to hear and a Fel Yew gate memorial sounds like a great idea. For those of you who were close to him, sorry for your loss.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 28, 2003
db4.proboards.com
That stinks, a memorial near Yew Gate would be a nice thing to do. He was a good guy for sure, winning or losing he always kept it light and was a genuinely nice person.
That he was. When I started playing again last year I was mostly running around solo on a red vvv mage with pretty much everyone after me all the time. He was one of the few friendlies though. We'd hang out, duel around respectfully, chat about music, etc. I didn't know him super-well outside of the game but I considered him a true friend and was literally in tears last night.

I don't think anyone disliked him, he was just so nice and so cool towards everybody.

I guess it's like the song...'only the good die young'. :(

Reactions: Dorset

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 15, 2001
I've had many a fight with Gilly over the last year at the gate, as above, always kept it light and non personal. A good enemy and seemingly a nice enough person. RIP :(

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
Yew Gate on LS, Atl, Chessy, & GL likely in a
How do we go about getting a little memorial for a fellow UO player? A guy that most of atlantic has come in contact with over the past 20 years has apparently been involved in a fatal car accident. His character name is Gilly Willy to those who knew him. But, I think a little something would be nice and just want to know how to make that happen.

@Mesanna @Bleak
Wow, that blows, I fought him countless times, he was a good guy. =[

I believe your Shard EM(s) handle memorial placement this is what Mesanna told me via E-mail a few years ago, when my aunt "URSULA" from LS passed away.

Condolences.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net

I believe your Shard EM(s) handle memorial placement this is what Mesanna told me via E-mail a few years ago, when my aunt "URSULA" from LS passed away.

Condolences.
This. When my dear friend Rascal passed this is where I went.

Reactions: Lord Frodo

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gilly Willy said:
Uhh I’m not dead. [Character Names Removed]... or someone else has my account info which I don’t even remember now and has started this $&*#. Sorry if anyone thought I was dead but I quit playing years ago.
Posted from his account on another site.

I never liked the guy & figured it was BS but sure wasn't gonna say ill abt the deceased unless I knew for sure. He was a tool bag.

Some folks will start defending themselves now ("I didn't know! I really thought....").

Believe what you want... sadly, some folks are just worthless liars in general.
Fact.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
May 25, 2017

Condolences.
My condolences for Willy..Also sad to hear about Ursula..If that was the same person, she was my guild leader and chief crafter, taught me smithing and mining..She had a house on Tokuno. Really really sad to hear about her also. :frown2:

Reactions: CovenantX

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My condolences for Willy..
Please read my post above yours.

If you were being sarcastic (abt Gilly) then I'm sorry I didn't follow since you followed sarcasm with a true heartfelt expression of loss.

Its been about a year and half since this thread was made but Gilly himself just posted what I quoted a couple days ago.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 22, 2010
Please read my post above yours.

If you were being sarcastic (abt Gilly) then I'm sorry I didn't follow since you followed sarcasm with a true heartfelt expression of loss.

Its been about a year and half since this thread was made but Gilly himself just posted what I quoted a couple days ago.
I think @celticus has done something I've caught myself doing. When I see a new thread I start reading from the top and don't realize the post is from several months ago. I also tend to respond to comments before finishing the whole thread. When you do that it skips all the way down to the comment section. You don't see what has been posted after that post.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
May 25, 2017
I think @celticus has done something I've caught myself doing. When I see a new thread I start reading from the top and don't realize the post is from several months ago. I also tend to respond to comments before finishing the whole thread. When you do that it skips all the way down to the comment section. You don't see what has been posted after that post.
Yep..Glad to see that Gilly is ok..