• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.

As requested by Max.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and where exactly am I in this picture? try harder.
again, you trying to change the subject of conversation is understandable when the conversation was about you using exploits.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, you said GIL uses exploits in Ice (which we´re not) and then you went on with saying that you guys were angels. So I said "Nuh-uh" and you said "Am too!" in a stubborn way which lead to me offering to post these links. And since you didn´t decline said offer, here they are.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes you and Mlouk are using exploits. You even admitted to it in gc.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes you and Mlouk are using exploits. You even admitted to it in gc.
That´s interesting because I said I used an intended game feature that the devs coded and implemented themselves. And that´s what your screenshots will also say if you took any.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
by that logic nothing you can do in this game is an exploit because it has all been coded and implemented by the devs...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
by that logic nothing you can do in this game is an exploit because it has all been coded and implemented by the devs...
Not true.
There are bugs and glitches that wasn´t intended that people find out about and take advantage of. Like the ladder in Lady Melisande's lair that was later fixed and the trapping of Exodus. I´m sure the use of fields in houses to get to the floor above is also such a thing. These things weren´t intended but made it into the game anyway because of a lack of QA (quality assurance).

But when the devs implement a system, and take the time to create ingame messages to go along with it, it´s as intended as it gets. Like the bribing of BODs for example.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you talking about when you have 125/125 items in your pack, or being a ghost and farming while AFK? Both result in drops going to bank. The former is definitely intended, the latter is obviously not intended and to say that it is means you're being objectively disingenuous and that is not at all debatable.

That being said, the ToS has the thought of a third grader behind it and rules are applied arbitrarily on a regular basis. It's a crime to charge for this game anymore.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m alive and attended. I play an archer and dead ones can´t fire their bows.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, if the devs were smart they'd just have them drop on the ground when your pack is full. Not anyone's fault but theirs.

To this definition:
" (in a video game) the use of a bug or flaw in game design to a player’s advantage or to the disadvantage of other players. "

One can reasonably assume that since it has been brought to attention, and has not been fixed for years, that it must not be a flaw or bug in their eyes.

Stinky Pete

Lore Master
Supporter
UNLEASHED
I get why the system was put in place. I'm sure it wasn't intended for half of SP to "exploit" it.

Perhaps exploit is too strong of a word in this case, but no matter how you slice it, it's cheesy as hell.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why the OP pointed this at Max! Max is the gm of VICE the 2 reds in this picture are clearly not in VICE.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure why the OP pointed this at Max! Max is the gm of VICE the 2 reds in this picture are clearly not in VICE.
The reason you´re clueless is because you weren´t in GC with me and Max.
Also, it seems as if you missed the title. Or did you just ignore it? I mean, you must´ve read it since you clicked on it...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I get why the system was put in place. I'm sure it wasn't intended for half of SP to "exploit" it.

Perhaps exploit is too strong of a word in this case, but no matter how you slice it, it's cheesy as hell.
Almost as cheesy as, not only bypassing having to sacrifice 100 points in Detecting Hidden, but also the timer that goes with it by dragging paragons around the dungeon to reveal stealthers?
Almost as cheesy as that you say?
But then why aren´t they crying about that "exploit"? Oh yeah, because they´re the ones doing it!

Both are good uses of legal game mechanics. Only difference is that when it didn´t go their way they had to pout and point fingers...

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason you´re clueless is because you weren´t in GC with me and Max.
Also, it seems as if you missed the title. Or did you just ignore it? I mean, you must´ve read it since you clicked on it...
Clearly you are stating those those 2 characters in that screen shot are with Max! that is what your missing clearly they are not in his guild. Bo recently killed two characters on siege both named Bo with VICE tags. lots of fakes out there.

Secondly what exactly is wrong with what is in the pic? what makes it an exploit?