• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

As requested by Max.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and where exactly am I in this picture? try harder.
again, you trying to change the subject of conversation is understandable when the conversation was about you using exploits.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, you said GIL uses exploits in Ice (which we´re not) and then you went on with saying that you guys were angels. So I said "Nuh-uh" and you said "Am too!" in a stubborn way which lead to me offering to post these links. And since you didn´t decline said offer, here they are.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes you and Mlouk are using exploits. You even admitted to it in gc.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes you and Mlouk are using exploits. You even admitted to it in gc.
That´s interesting because I said I used an intended game feature that the devs coded and implemented themselves. And that´s what your screenshots will also say if you took any.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
by that logic nothing you can do in this game is an exploit because it has all been coded and implemented by the devs...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
by that logic nothing you can do in this game is an exploit because it has all been coded and implemented by the devs...
Not true.
There are bugs and glitches that wasn´t intended that people find out about and take advantage of. Like the ladder in Lady Melisande's lair that was later fixed and the trapping of Exodus. I´m sure the use of fields in houses to get to the floor above is also such a thing. These things weren´t intended but made it into the game anyway because of a lack of QA (quality assurance).

But when the devs implement a system, and take the time to create ingame messages to go along with it, it´s as intended as it gets. Like the bribing of BODs for example.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you talking about when you have 125/125 items in your pack, or being a ghost and farming while AFK? Both result in drops going to bank. The former is definitely intended, the latter is obviously not intended and to say that it is means you're being objectively disingenuous and that is not at all debatable.

That being said, the ToS has the thought of a third grader behind it and rules are applied arbitrarily on a regular basis. It's a crime to charge for this game anymore.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m alive and attended. I play an archer and dead ones can´t fire their bows.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, if the devs were smart they'd just have them drop on the ground when your pack is full. Not anyone's fault but theirs.

To this definition:
" (in a video game) the use of a bug or flaw in game design to a player’s advantage or to the disadvantage of other players. "

One can reasonably assume that since it has been brought to attention, and has not been fixed for years, that it must not be a flaw or bug in their eyes.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get why the system was put in place. I'm sure it wasn't intended for half of SP to "exploit" it.

Perhaps exploit is too strong of a word in this case, but no matter how you slice it, it's cheesy as hell.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why the OP pointed this at Max! Max is the gm of VICE the 2 reds in this picture are clearly not in VICE.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure why the OP pointed this at Max! Max is the gm of VICE the 2 reds in this picture are clearly not in VICE.
The reason you´re clueless is because you weren´t in GC with me and Max.
Also, it seems as if you missed the title. Or did you just ignore it? I mean, you must´ve read it since you clicked on it...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I get why the system was put in place. I'm sure it wasn't intended for half of SP to "exploit" it.

Perhaps exploit is too strong of a word in this case, but no matter how you slice it, it's cheesy as hell.
Almost as cheesy as, not only bypassing having to sacrifice 100 points in Detecting Hidden, but also the timer that goes with it by dragging paragons around the dungeon to reveal stealthers?
Almost as cheesy as that you say?
But then why aren´t they crying about that "exploit"? Oh yeah, because they´re the ones doing it!

Both are good uses of legal game mechanics. Only difference is that when it didn´t go their way they had to pout and point fingers...

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason you´re clueless is because you weren´t in GC with me and Max.
Also, it seems as if you missed the title. Or did you just ignore it? I mean, you must´ve read it since you clicked on it...
Clearly you are stating those those 2 characters in that screen shot are with Max! that is what your missing clearly they are not in his guild. Bo recently killed two characters on siege both named Bo with VICE tags. lots of fakes out there.

Secondly what exactly is wrong with what is in the pic? what makes it an exploit?

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wot th' bloody 'ell?

I dunno what this conversation's about, but from the links above, Mesanna is calling candelabra blocking illegal?

What terrible alternate timeline did I wake up in?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wot th' bloody 'ell?

I dunno what this conversation's about, but from the links above, Mesanna is calling candelabra blocking illegal?

What terrible alternate timeline did I wake up in?
The age of Bob

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New patch states any items over 125 in pack will drop to the groun.
good thing they will fix that exploit. It's been excessively abused by too many people, including Tjalle/Leawyn II/Brutus, Mlouk B'ra and some other GIL members.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
good thing they will fix that exploit. It's been excessively abused by too many people, including Tjalle/Leawyn II/Brutus, Mlouk B'ra and some other GIL members.
Funny how you´re the only one calling it an exploit while also completely ignoring to address post #14.
But since you´re here, please enlighten us how it is an exploit. And try not to ignore the information presented in this thread. I´d hate to repeat myself...

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
clearly its an exploit, it is getting fixed because it is happening as the devs didnt intend it to.
Tjalle admits to exploiting the game in this thread someone needs to lock this..
You are CANCELLED Exploiter!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
clearly its an exploit, it is getting fixed because it is happening as the devs didnt intend it to.
Tjalle admits to exploiting the game in this thread someone needs to lock this..
You are CANCELLED Exploiter!
See post #7.
But I´ll extend the same offer to you. Feel free to enlighten us how it "clearly" is an exploit. And also, try not to ignore the information presented in this thread, which you just clearly did.

As for them changing it. They change stuff all the time. Let´s take the combat changes in Pub 108 as an example:

1614943823449.png

I guess, by your logic, that anyone who casted Remove curse at 1.5 seconds before these changes were exploiting? And the devs never intended to implement these seven points that are now being tweaked, in the first place?
Some changes are made because of complaints. So it wouldn´t at all surprise me, based on past behavior, if a certain guild here on Siege decided to mass e-mail the devs complaining about this just because their little plan didn´t work out in Ice. Because as many of us have witnessed ingame, desperate PKs will do anything. *chuckles*

And why are you calling for a lock on this thread? Are you tired of me always debunking all the bullsh*t you say?

Bithmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The full patch notes say: "In Felucca, items delivered via Dynamic Treasures events will now drop to the ground if there is no space free in the player’s backpack". That implies that in Trammel rules, it is working as intended. This implies to me that it is not an exploit. That said, I'm glad they are changing it.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See post #7.
So it wouldn´t at all surprise me, based on past behavior, if a certain guild here on Siege decided to mass e-mail the devs complaining about this just because their little plan didn´t work out in Ice. Because as many of us have witnessed ingame, desperate PKs will do anything. *chuckles*
more like we all know that a certain guild who likes to point fingers at everyone else and calls them cheaters and exploiters will resort to exploiting themselves when they're desperate because a small number of PKs is presenting an unsurmountable challenge to them.
It's ok Leawyn, you can let it go, you've been caught exploiting, debated the fact that it was an exploit and now have even receveived proof by the devs that it actually was an exploit. Just take that loss and be quiet. Maybe you can even learn something from this too, like not throwing stones while sitting in a glass house?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You're all a bunch of cheaters and exploiters as far as I'm concerned. I am too, but I'm honest about it, because I don't pretend to have integrity.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're all a bunch of cheaters and exploiters as far as I'm concerned. I am too, but I'm honest about it, because I don't pretend to have integrity.
Not me, i'm a simple Thief that is as honest as the day is long . . .

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
more like we all know that a certain guild who likes to point fingers at everyone else and calls them cheaters and exploiters will resort to exploiting themselves when they're desperate because a small number of PKs is presenting an unsurmountable challenge to them.
It's ok Leawyn, you can let it go, you've been caught exploiting, debated the fact that it was an exploit and now have even receveived proof by the devs that it actually was an exploit. Just take that loss and be quiet. Maybe you can even learn something from this too, like not throwing stones while sitting in a glass house?
So many words and still nothing about why, according to you of course, it is an exploit. That was a real shocker there. Not! T'was pretty much expected.
But I guess, when you know you can´t back up your claim there´s really not much to say, now is there?
But hey, please try again. I even quoted it below so you can´t miss it. Or in your case, dodge it. But don´t give up yet, Max, I´m rooting for you. You can do it!

Funny how you´re the only one calling it an exploit while also completely ignoring to address post #14.
But since you´re here, please enlighten us how it is an exploit. And try not to ignore the information presented in this thread. I´d hate to repeat myself...

But I think we both know why you´re avoiding to answer it... *wink*

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
those paragons were put into the game to reveal stealthers, how is that an exploit? they were put in the game to stop people from afk script farming, we were just helping implement the devs idea.
your pack limit wasnt put in game to put extra items that drop into your pack in the bank. otherwise why would anyone ever need a bos?
than post 22 everything in that post was adjusted. again not the same as to what you were exploiting. the devs were adjusting something they put in the game.
you were abusing something that should have never been put on siege.
AGAIN how do we know this?? very simple it is being taken out.
Stop trying to drag our good names through the mud aka down to your level.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also there's not much you can do with those paragons. Once they target you they stick on you like white on rice and they're fast so of course they follow you around.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
those paragons were put into the game to reveal stealthers, how is that an exploit?
Who said it was an exploit? I sure didn´t.
You clearly missed the point in post #14.

And @Max Blackoak, funny how only the low level paragons that were no threats followed you around. Why not kill or evade them like you did the heavy hitting paragons? Hmm...? :rolleyes2:
Your transparency has increased with 0.1%. It is now 120%.

your pack limit wasnt put in game to put extra items that drop into your pack in the bank.
They´re not going to any bank. Congratz on not understanding the very ingame system you´re calling an exploit. *golf clap*

than post 22 everything in that post was adjusted. again not the same as to what you were exploiting. the devs were adjusting something they put in the game.
A system that has messages incorporated into it shows that not only did one or more devs come up with the idea, had it approved, coded it and implemented it, but they also took the time to create messages to go along with it. If this is your idea of exploiting then I don´t know what to say.

you were abusing something that should have never been put on siege.
But the system was put on Siege. And therefore I could use it. The blessed ember legs and the blessed spellbooks should´ve never been put on Siege either. Were/are those also exploits?

AGAIN how do we know this?? very simple it is being taken out.
Yes, because someone cried to the devs and convinced them to change it. Remember, it´s still kept in Trammel so the system itself is clearly legal. And now they´re adjusting it. *points up to the underlined sentence in quote #3*

Stop trying to drag our good names through the mud aka down to your level.
There´s nothing good about your name Mr. RMTer-who´s-been-known-to-lie-before.

Well, you guys made two more posts without telling us how it´s an exploit so obviously you can´t. Because it isn´t.
But keep grasping for straws and crying exploit. If you say it often enough maybe someone outside of your guild will actually believe you heh.
I just love the way you say a legal feature is an exploit while at the same time bypassing a skill and the timers attached to it. Keep cherry picking!

Have a lovely weekend!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you seem awfully worked up over CharGar mentioning that the exploit you used was fixed. Maybe you need to take a time out or something.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you seem awfully worked up over CharGar mentioning that the exploit you used was fixed. Maybe you need to take a time out or something.
Interesting.
Because the way it looks to me, and probably everyone else too, is that I responded to your post and not hers. And everything since has also been a response to your posts and not hers.

But thanks for confirming with yet another troll post that you can´t explain how it´s supposedly an exploit. But hey, keep trying hard to turn the focus on me in the hopes that people will miss your inability to provide an explanation... *chuckles*

1615128772483.png

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you responded to my post? You're the one who created this thread, so if anything then I'm responding to your posts.

You created this thread to deflect from the fact that you and some of your guildmates were using an exploit to be able to farm ice dungeon naked and not lose any drops even when killed by other players. You achieved this by stuffing your backpack with blessed items so the dungeon drops would stay in limbo until you removed a couple of items.
The developers clearly saw it as what it is - an exploit, which is why they changed that game mechanics so it could no longer be EXPLOITED.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you responded to my post? You're the one who created this thread, so if anything then I'm responding to your posts.

You created this thread to deflect from the fact that you and some of your guildmates were using an exploit to be able to farm ice dungeon naked and not lose any drops even when killed by other players. You achieved this by stuffing your backpack with blessed items so the dungeon drops would stay in limbo until you removed a couple of items.
The developers clearly saw it as what it is - an exploit, which is why they changed that game mechanics so it could no longer be EXPLOITED.
Reading comprehension goes a long way. Here, I´ll help you.
You said:

I said:

Interesting.
Because the way it looks to me, and probably everyone else too, is that I responded to your post and not hers. And everything since has also been a response to your posts and not hers.
As for me creating this thread, it´s all explained in post #3.
Your theory is interesting though. I especially liked the part where you once again chose to completely ignore a post, this time #30.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol are they really leaving it auto-bank in trammel and drop to ground in fel? What happens with ghosting?

Well, whatever it looks like it isn't an exploit if they're validating it as a mechanic.. just something the devs put in on siege then took out after ppl bitched too much I guess!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't even think people bitched about it all that much. I brought it up once when I got a visit from Mesanna because of something completely unrelated. I asked her if that was intended and she basically said "wait, what are people doing? Please explain the details" then I explained the details and she said "Thanks, I'll make sure we get that exploit fixed". She even called it an exploit herself.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't even think people bitched about it all that much. I brought it up once when I got a visit from Mesanna because of something completely unrelated. I asked her if that was intended and she basically said "wait, what are people doing? Please explain the details" then I explained the details and she said "Thanks, I'll make sure we get that exploit fixed". She even called it an exploit herself.
If this is true, which I for good reasons doubt, then why didn´t you start with this? That would´ve been my opening statement for sure.
Now it just seems like your Hail Mary attempt to save the situation.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The high-handedness is strong with this one...

Doubt it all you want, it is what happened. Deal with it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is better drama than the episodes of Dark Shadows from the 60s and 70s I watched recently.

Reactions: Sam