• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

As A Result of the Turn In Announcement...

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

...Moonglow on Pacific has emptied out.

The day it was announced the cloaks would not be part of the turn in the majority of players abandoned Moonglow and returned to their previous pursuits. Aside from 7-8 of the diehard event goers, alternate Moonglow stood empty. The Shadowlords stood untouched all day long, with the same 3 that were present at server up still being the same 3 that were finally taken down that evening.

Yesterday, after the turn in announcement, even those diehard players abandoned Moonglow. Last night, during prime time on Pacific, I saw a grand total of 4 other people there, 3 of whom had not been there before.

I'm wondering if the other shards have experienced a similar abandonment.

It seems the players are seeing the time and effort it takes to obtain these items as compared to the rewards for obtaining them aren't meeting the majority of player expectations, and the players are showing that by simply leaving the invading forces to do what they will.

I sure hope the Devs behind whatever 2nd part of the Spring Cleaning rewards there will be take notice of this reaction by the players. I'm sure the player reaction could be turned around if they knew that the rewards for part 2 would be more reflective of the time and effort required to obtain them.

Will the Planeshields & Planeswords (along with everything else), in larger amounts, net something "better" in the next round if turned in with larger quantities reflective of the additional time and effort expended?

What are we looking at for the plans for the Cloak of Corruption and the Threads of Life & Fate?

Having these 2 questions answered could turn around player opinion and see Moonglow filled once again with eager players.

Heh, even the stealthers gave up.

A

AshOfCaine

Even before I stopped going, I noticed people were looting gold and leaving swords and shields on corpses. Not sure if people were leaving threads as well. I would walk through and find people throwing them on the ground as well. This was a week before the announcements.

Now I sit back and wait and see how many items it will take for the ear rings, since I do have a couple human chars that could use some night sight.

G

Chessy during the night has no one there and since I can't fight by myself I just follow the berseekers around and loot what they kill lol. There aren't very many people during the day either. I guess everyone gave up.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

As killing the same monsters over and over again has become stale, I stopped visiting Moonglow one week ago. And the announced Turn Ins won't make me come back to the rift.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This what Draconi said:

"In fact, the entire point of them *not* being in the turnin is because they have a future use, along with the threads, and it’d be misleading of us to have everyone turn them in and then in the next publish say "Tada! Here’s what you could’ve had"

G

Well, you see Connor, what has acually happened is people everywhere have come to the realization that the item based nature of UO is crap and they are boycotting it. They all finally understand now that it's all just pixel crack and they no longer want to play UO in GOD MODE.

In addition, they have determined that since the devs did such a fantastic job on creating the reward list they should take an event "moment of silence" in respsect for their thoughful insight into what the playerbase really wants(aside from the earrings.) We can only applaud their effort to surpass our wants and desires for items to break and push straight ahead to create items we don't even want in the first place.

Now, of course there are going to be a few people that might claim the rewards are crap and that the team is too afraid to add items into the game because of balance purposes but this ,in fact, is merely propoganda from the pixel crackheads. Do not listen to these people who are never happy with anything. They think just because the game has not had a major revision in years and only adds content in tiny little slivers this gives them the right to question additions into the game. These are sad, sad people Connor and with our help(and dim-colored hugs) we can bring them into the (not neon) light.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

This what Draconi said:

"In fact, the entire point of them *not* being in the turnin is because they have a future use, along with the threads, and it’d be misleading of us to have everyone turn them in and then in the next publish say "Tada! Here’s what you could’ve had"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did catch that, but after seeing the initial list, I'm sure more than a few people are skeptical.

C

Connor_Graham

LOL, that's sounded just like something I'd write.

*wipes sarcasm dripping off eyeballs after reading phantus' post*

Sadly it's true, and now look what we've got.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

Well, you see Connor, what has acually happened is people everywhere have come to the realization that the item based nature of UO is crap and they are boycotting it. They all finally understand now that it's all just pixel crack and they no longer want to play UO in GOD MODE.

In addition, they have determined that since the devs did such a fantastic job on creating the reward list they should take an event "moment of silence" in respsect for their thoughful insight into what the playerbase really wants(aside from the earrings.) We can only applaud their effort to surpass our wants and desires for items to break and push straight ahead to create items we don't even want in the first place.

Now, of course there are going to be a few people that might claim the rewards are crap and that the team is too afraid to add items into the game because of balance purposes but this ,in fact, is merely propoganda from the pixel crackheads. Do not listen to these people who are never happy with anything. They think just because the game has not had a major revision in years and only adds content in tiny little slivers this gives them the right to question additions into the game. These are sad, sad people Connor and with our help(and dim-colored hugs) we can bring them into the (not neon) light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put! I second that.
I regret that UO has become a too strongly item-based game. I rather have no turn-ins at all, and an event which thrills people for longer than 2 days instead. I guess, all the energy the devs put into balancing items would be better invested into creating some active and dynamic game content.

G

LS was pretty busy last night, however I did notice the following...

Noone seemed to be going after ShadowLords and having the chance to kill an isolated Dark Wisp was pretty difficult.

People were still going after Berserkers though as well.

Oh yeah... and Fetids still suck.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I fought during the Invasion of Britannia by Juo'nar back in 2000. During this (really epic) event, which lasted several weeks, I received no reward and no turn-in whatsoever. It was the best event in UO ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet! I was there too. My favorite part of that event was the beginning. Can anyone else remember what the absolute first thing that the gm's spawned during that invasion?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the beginning, almost every city in Britannia was invaded by different kinds of monsters (Headless in Cove, Undead in Trinsic, Lizardmen somewhere else, etc.). Unexperienced players could play a role during this event, too. The invasions became more and more dangerous, the monsters more and more powerful (for example, a Gazer invasion followed in Cove). There always was some boss monster which was extremely difficult to kill. Then, Trinsic was put under martial law and was occupied by undead, the city guards had vanished (there was no such thing as a "parallel world" of Trinsic). These events were not announced on some web site, but by the in-game town criers.

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories7/story188.htm (and following)

G

Yes. All those monster showed up after the first thing they spawned. The thing that I liked was the crows that spawned before the different waves of monsters. Being an omen bird it was the immersion that it created that made it great. The gm controlled red guys were ok too. Better part of that was the red trolls that were out talking smack ahead of time. That was the cool part. The invasion was only so so. It was the lead up and the little things that made the event a good one. By no means the best thing UO ever did like some people LOVE to claim but it was one that people remember.

G

Sonoma Moonglow was also a ghost town.

Everyone is losing interest.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This what Draconi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did catch that, but after seeing the initial list, I'm sure more than a few people are skeptical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh can we say 'patience'? Yes, I think we can... let's say it together.

I'm totally floored by people's inability to just see what is going on with these newest items and its effect on Moonglow and the storyline. Seriously... with posts like yours all I can think of is the phrase 'Give an inch, take a mile'.

I

imported_Coppelia

Yeah, patience, there will be an opportunity to turn in the crappy rewards you got from the current turn-in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, patience, there will be an opportunity to turn in the crappy rewards you got from the current turn-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

R O F L!

C

Connor_Graham

"Gosh can we say 'patience'? Yes, I think we can... let's say it together."

Patience is what we've seen in the weeks while waiting for the turn in announcement. Dismay is what we see now. The immediate abandonment of Moonglow is proof of that. Reaction is what we need now, or we'll continue to see more of the same.

G

What is perceived as patience is often just laziness. -- French Proverb

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well, you see Connor, what has acually happened is people everywhere have come to the realization that the item based nature of UO is crap and they are boycotting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too...I was just too darn afraid to say it...

<blockquote><hr>

They all finally understand now that it's all just pixel crack and they no longer want to play UO in GOD MODE.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!!1!1!!1! U R so Right!!! It IS Pixel Crack! It IS God Mode!! OMG!!!1!!!!1!

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What!!?? You don't want to trade in a Demon Slayer Wep for a SHIRT!!?? Or a Statue!!?? Holy Crap Dude/Dudette!!! WTH!!??

I mean...think about this for a sec...be objective, and everything...you could have a Larger Than Life Sherry the Mouse STATUE, for the Love of Richard Garriot!!! AND it could be like a REAL Town Crier, and never really tell you anything, except "I Have No News At This Time"!!! Are you Mad!!

Uh...Oh...I think I just had a Pixel Crack moment!!

I DO think I am going to look Schnappy in them earrings, though.

Except, then, I am going to have to redo my ENTIRE suit, for my one Human, because I already HAVE nightsight, on the sleeves. Yikes.

<blockquote><hr>

Now, of course there are going to be a few people that might claim the rewards are crap and that the team is too afraid to add items into the game because of balance purposes but this ,in fact, is merely propoganda from the pixel crackheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...I WAS thinking that the poison boots could be a highly profitable item on a vendor, but didn't want to mention it, for fear of the "Nerf Teh Bootz!!" threads that would spring up like the flowers of this time of year. And the shirts...don't even GET me started on the plans I had for those shirtses...my precioussssssssss...

<blockquote><hr>

Do not listen to these people who are never happy with anything. They think just because the game has not had a major revision in years and only adds content in tiny little slivers this gives them the right to question additions into the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you...I won't listen to them...I Heart The New Collection...oh yeah...I Heart It. I am no Pixel Crack Head

*Looks Over At Trunks of Turn Ins*

Not me...nope!!

<blockquote><hr>

These are sad, sad people Connor and with our help(and dim-colored hugs) we can bring them into the (not neon) light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...can I have a hug...even a dim-colored one...done with a new Tokuno Dye...please?

I kinda need it...after looking over that list, and all...

I

imported_Hanna

GLs abandoned it for the most part 3-4 days after it started

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Did you miss the extreme amount of saracsm in his post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh...Phantus was being sarcastic??!!

I may need to go back and do some editiing...

I am glad that I am never sarcastic...phew!!!

K

Karthcove

Yesterday morning I was in the rift on Pacific with my tamer - spent a couple of hours, I was not alone and we killed 5 or 6 SLs and those us us there were even commenting on how the SL spawn rate has seemed to pick up.

Last night I was in the rift on Pacific with my archer - stayed until I went to bed - Killed a few more SLs. I was not alone.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

The GL players seem to indicate a problem with the event itself, since this happened before any turn-in announcements. I *think* it's because it's lacking in direction, on top of most players feeling like they can't compete with the "elite" players who have the best gear or super-dooper-pooper-Dragons. (Yes, Connor, I know you're thinking friend, hehe)

But I have to agree that these are poor rewards. I don't want to see ever increasing inflation of power, but some cool things can still be had with more meaning than these.
I'd rather see white ingots so players can make their own armor.
Or house decorations. Special Ophidian silverware, wines that act like strength potions, Ophidian vine decorations, Ophidian art, things like that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
So unlike me, no?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Did you miss the extreme amount of saracsm in his post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may need to go back and do some editiing...

I am glad that I am never sarcastic...phew!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LAWL

B

BadManiac

I stopped going over a week ago, got repetitive. Have 40+ threads, 150 or so plane items, and finally got a cloak after killing 7 lords, 4 of which noone got a cloak from, haven't been back since.
And now seeing the turnin rewards I'm questioning why I should turn in the actually useful swords, shields and scythes for completely useless rewards.

Yes they have decorative purposes, and the armor might be suitable for a Haven [young]working his swords from 30 to 50. But the events you got these items from have all been exclusively high end PvM, why not give rewards to reflect that?

M

mbecker4

I stopped going to moonglow after 3 or 4 days. It is just so boring, nothing has changed since the biginning. Same old monsters to kill over and over again. At least in the Mag invasion, the city was slowly destroyed by the demons blowing everything up. I was never really into the collecting rubble part but at least things were changing on a daily basis. With this event its the exact same thing, run into gate, get targeted by several monsters, run around the city, kill a few, then realize I just wasted 20 minutes and time to go do something less boring and repetative, such as mining or filling bods. Hopefully the second phase will be more interesting and won't take a month to progress.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Dark Moonglow on LS last night was still hopping.

Dark Moonglow on LS this morning was populated, but less than before. (Less than "normal" for a weekday morning.)

Some people just find the event fun; some will go for RP reasons (yes! some people RP!!!); some will find some of the rewards useful (resists on footwear is useful even if it's just 1; night sight on earrings; collectible armor, even if it sucks, will still be sought by collectors); some recognize that they specifically called this the "first phase;" some recognize that several important-seeming items (Cloaks, Threads) were not in this turn-in and thus will likely prove useful later.

*shrugs* Not everyone reacts like a typical U-Haller, which is to scream if an item's too good, and scream if an item's not uber as being "useless."

The night sight earrings alone are a change people have long asked for (not me but others) and that is gonna be EXTREMELY popular.

-Galen's player

G

Hail: I just left the rift. I counted "4" players in it at the time, and all 4 of them were looters. No one was actually trying to kill anything, hehe. From 250-300 players in the event down to a handfull now...........What could have possibly gone wrong?

Oh, and if you ask 10 people what side they choose, 9 of them have no clue as to what you are talking about, and of those that do, for every 10, 9 of them have no idea what, or if, they choose a side or not. Since when is, "Choosing" done by accident?

The current number of players still in the rift tells you all you need to know. imhop that is.

J

Jerry Seinfeld

I'm not sure as of yet, but I'll go check right now.

As for me, the two rings I pulled as loot off the various baddies were enough to justify going without taking all the other entertainment factors into account.

SDI 11%
FC 1
LRC 13%

Discord +9
EP 15%
SDI 9%
FC 1
FCR 2

Those were left on corpses by other players...

In summary, if people are going to be uber-event-item oriented, they are going to miss out on much more than a cursed black cloak that has some great regen boosts if used in the rift.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen the patience, there's a few die hard posters that push and push and push for things to go faster and faster and faster.....Obviously, there lays lack of imagination in game play and they rely on the devs to create their amusement.

Also, dismay.....I sense players were expecting trinkets along the lines in equity of tukono pigments or some super duper uber items. Well, this game has saddly nose dived into the world of materialism. Yeah, and that's sad, because it reflects what society has shoved up the ying-yang of the last two generations.......sure it existed years ago, but not as rampant as it today. Couple that with impatience, minga.

Either way, it's sad.......remember when old school items held value?

anyways,
later

G

<blockquote><hr>

I haven't seen the patience, there's a few die hard posters that push and push and push for things to go faster and faster and faster.....Obviously, there lays lack of imagination in game play and they rely on the devs to create their amusement.

Also, dismay.....I sense players were expecting trinkets along the lines in equity of tukono pigments or some super duper uber items. Well, this game has saddly nose dived into the world of materialism. Yeah, and that's sad, because it reflects what society has shoved up the ying-yang of the last two generations.......sure it existed years ago, but not as rampant as it today. Couple that with impatience, minga.

Either way, it's sad.......remember when old school items held value?

anyways,
later

[/ QUOTE ]
We're just glad we have grounded people like you to tell us we are going down the wrong path seeking items in our item-based game. I love you man. <font color="#666666"> *hugs* </font>

I

imported_Coppelia

... And there are other players who weren't expecting much (I missed ophidian's events and sewer rat thing, I didn't get any artifact nor rubble from Magincia and got a few planeswords and shields), yet reading what the rewards, they are laughing.
You know why?
Because not only the items are worse then what you give to be turned-in, but when you see the description of the "Knight's Armor", you see that they took the time to think about an armor set, which property, which color etc, but it has nothing to do in UO nowadays. What's the purpose of it? Dress player vendors? Fill house containers for the one and only day I'll feel like going to roleplay in the streets tralala with that decorative junk that might even be ugly neon?

Allow me to laugh! I'm zen, I'm not an "itemwhore" (if that means anything today), I don't buy trinkets with RL money, I don't farm nor bot for collection/BODs/Heartwood quests, I don't hunt Peerless... I'm satisfied of my poor equipment, I even hunt in GM gear, but... how I laughed!

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

It seems the players are seeing the time and effort it takes to obtain these items as compared to the rewards for obtaining them aren't meeting the majority of player expectations, and the players are showing that by simply leaving the invading forces to do what they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

*ahem*

What "invasion" ... ??? Who crossed Whose borders ? ...

Those that showed up with blackrock in-pocket ... by the way ... whose idea was THAT ...

Unseen minions in far and distant lands ... thats who ... also known as BOARDIES ...

"Expectations" ...
... Whose "Expectations" about WHAT proposed rewards and methods for which side chosen ...

I "lost" nothing during this event ... sure ...1 time ... I went too far afield, into too thick a spawn point ... to lure one shadow lord down to the killing field ...
and dropped my carcus in an unaccessible area ... and was unable to retrieve those uninsured items that I had built my suit of ...
... my trash picker was quite non-plussed ... (note the absence of "whining post" on these very boards) ...
TP just got hisself rezzed, regened his stats ...
and jumped back in looking for replacements ...

I guess it DOES all boil down to "expectations" ...
... I had none ... and so ... mine were exceeded.
I got to "live in the moment"
on foot
with an "ill suited" character ... literally and figuratively ...
found a s w e e t bow, for his newbish skills, to roll big numbers off the Fallen Warriors ... lost it trying to lure the shadowlord (above) ...
It had a name ... though I scarce paid attention ... might have been an arti class item ... *shrugs* o'well ... I'll see if I find another ...

For my ingame character ... its been quite a hoot ...

Too bad about youse boardies ...
perhaps if you read Sun-Tsu ?
Or took a course in "civic planning"?
*shrugs*

I'm one piece away from finishing my second virtue suit ... I guess thats the difference ... I've a nondescript general goal in mind ...

what youse all gots? (plans and goals wise)

C

Connor_Graham

"Whose "Expectations" about WHAT proposed rewards and methods for which side chosen ..."

Whose? All of those people that immediately bailed on the event and left Moonglow a ghost town after the rewards were announced, that's who.

"I guess it DOES all boil down to "expectations" ... ... I had none ... and so ... mine were exceeded."

Well then, I guess you'll be happy with your "I fought in Moonglow and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" T-Shirt now won't ya?

"Too bad about youse boardies ...
perhaps if you read Sun-Tsu ?"

The Art of War has nothing to do with time and effort involved to obtain the current itmes, nor with the fact that many of the other turn in items are better than the rewards for turning them in.

"I'm one piece away from finishing my second virtue suit ... "

That tells me that you weren't in Moonglow, but were in the anti virtue dungeons instead. Funny thing that....

"what youse all gots? (plans and goals wise)"

Uh......disappointment? Yeah...that's it....

As Phantus would say.....

"We're just glad we have grounded people like you to tell us we are going down the wrong path seeking items in our item-based game. <font color="pink"> I love you man. </font> *hugs*"

G

<blockquote><hr>

perhaps if you read Sun-Tsu ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely!

Now in order to kill the enemy, our men must be roused to anger; that there may be advantage from defeating the enemy, they must have their rewards.

Indeed a wise person.

<font color="#666666"> *hugs* </font>

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

The problems with this event are the same problems that have plagued EVERY event coming out of EA for the past few years:

1) Lousy execution of the initial stage of the plot (hey, everyone, if you're not here at exactly 8:00 on the dot, and you're not here by the time the flashy thing happens at 8:04, don't bother showing up until tomorrow).

2) Lousy reasoning of what it is you're supposed to be doing (seriously... they put in an in-game item that reacts to the spell Armageddon and then they make shadowlords vulnerable to it, but really, aside from that, anyone else got ANY clue about what's going on in the rift?).

3) Lousy progression of the event (hey, here's an event... it'll be the same a month later... and some shards will never see the same "advancement" as the other shards, with no indication why or what's going on or anything).

4) Lousy in-game advancement of fiction at all (all of your information will come from poorly written, out of game posts on the hideous uo.com).

5) Silly rewards with silly rewards with silly rewards and no in-game explanation of anything regarding them (seriousy... turn in your ophidian rations to get a t-shirt... seriously? What... someone has an abundance of t-shirts, and they're going to trade them for rations because they've got an ophidian farm?), or what they're possibly going to do (here's a cloak... here's some thread... they'll do something in the future, but only if you read Stratics daily to know that, otherwise, you'll click and click and click and not understand why you even have the items).

6) Generally poor execution of events from an in-game perspective.

So... uh... seriously, get back on track, EA. And while you're at it, remove "No Drop" and "Cursed" items from the list of features. This is an item-based game. Insurance, at this point, is silly enough (oh yeah, we've GOT to have gold sinks... especially when you can walk through a moongate and get uber-ganked by the lousy event monsters that are overpowered unless you're one of the lucky few who has X template or Y item from Z event), but to have cursed items spawning is ridiculous, and while "No Drop" hasn't been seen in awhile, that's the ultimate in silliness for a game like UO where you can display and trade EVERYTHING.

I'd buy you folks a clue over there, but I'm getting close to tired of spending my money on you folks anyway. This event... I can't wait to see what it culminates in at the end of May. I'm going to guess:

"You cannot connect to the Ultima Online servers."

F

Fayled Dhreams

The art of war, then, is governed by five constant factors,
to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.(paraphrased)

What was your "GOAL" ... ???

there was none

And now your complaining about the outcome (actually undetermined at this point) ...

You can't say WHY you went into the void ... what was expected there ...

Kinda answers that old hippie proverb "what if they gave a war and no-one came"

Y'all "went to war" ... WITHOUT A REASON ...
dingaling
just cause you CALL it an invasion ... doesn't make it so ... in fact ... it wasn't

never was ... maybe ... later ... after time has flowed on its unerring path ...

you might be able to create ... something ...

You've "gone into battle" ... with no goal ... and NOW your dissapointed that nothing worthwhile came of it
You've repeatedly stated quite clearly ... that your "expectations", and "others" ... were not met ...
what was that definition about doing something and nothing happens ... yet you keep doing it ...

*Shrugs*

ALL that my mention of the virtue pieces says ... is just that ... I lack just one piece for a second set ... nothing about the 4.5 boats crammed with shields and swords and threads ... specifically I did mention how MOST of that swag was gotten ... looting abandoned corpses ...
YOUR shard is reporting a "fall off" ... My shard saw an increase (last night) IF I were on your shard ... I might bother to start a "killer" ... on My shard ... I've gotten my looter ready ... just in case there IS a fall off ... as it is now ... and remains to be fully tested ... two tamers and myself ... could possibly take a SL down ... properly done ... could be ... (dying in failure is easy) ...
See? "one success" would be "our goal"

well ... at least we'd have one ...

G

<blockquote><hr>

What was your "GOAL" ... ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me the goal was fairly straight forward:

Attention citizens of Moonglow, the greater Britannian kingdom, and visitors. A state of emergency has been declared in the township of Moonglow, currently under attack by forces unknown. We do not advise volunteerism in the city’s defense, but under these incredible circumstances we will not interfere with attempts to enter the rift we are now guarding.

A medical station is already under construction. All contact with entities within the rift should be met with extreme prejudice. Experience has shown that nothing within has attempted any form of communication – only vicious attacks resulting in numerous deaths.

Please report any and all information gathered to myself, Captain Avery.
The BNN also regrets to inform our readers that we’ve confirmed the death of Kronos, leader of the blackrock detector project. Dexter, his field apprentice, disappeared shortly after returning to Moonglow from the rift with master mage Sutek, who arrived at the scene after the disaster. The fate of Melissa, friend and fellow mage of the local council, is currently unknown.

So to recap. The goal was to protect Moonglow in light of the state of emergency declare by the kingdom forces. In addition to find the whereabouts of the missing mage and any information regarding the others.

C

Connor_Graham

"What was your "GOAL" ... ???

there was none"

Says you.

"You can't say WHY you went into the void ... what was expected there ..."

Yes I can.

"Y'all "went to war" ... WITHOUT A REASON ... "

I had my reasons. I just chose not to share them. My reasons for going have nothing to do with the total lackluster reward being given for the effort required to obtain the turn in items, nor with the point of my post to begin with, namely that since the rewards were announced Moonglow is basically empty.

Btw...I just went to Moonglow and found a grand total of 2 people there.

That's it.

A few days ago there would have been a dozen or more at this time of day.

"You've repeatedly stated quite clearly ... that your "expectations", and "others" ... were not met ..."

Good to see that you actually got the point. I was beginning to wonder.

"what was that definition about doing something and nothing happens ... yet you keep doing it ..."

Then again....maybe I was wrong about you getting the point.....

"nothing about the 4.5 boats crammed with shields and swords and threads "

I didn't say anything about having anything crammed with anything. Although right now I'm seeing something full of something.....

"just cause you CALL it an invasion ... doesn't make it so ... in fact ... it wasn't"

Invading forces was a descriptive term, not meant to be literal. I'd have thought you would have understood that. Oh well.....I've overestimated people before....

"specifically I did mention how MOST of that swag was gotten ... looting abandoned corpses"

Maybe yours has been, but mine has mostly been obtained by fighting for it. Thus the "Time" and "Effort" I'm talking about. On my shard, there are more people actually fighting for the "stuff" than there are corpse looters. At least there were....

"well ... at least we'd have one ..."

Nice assumption. Of course it is an incorrect one....and you know what that means.....

Or maybe not since you didn't get the point of the post to begin with.....

F

Fayled Dhreams

heh!
"the goal" of protecting moonglow ?
"currently under attack by forces unknown" ?

funny ...
moonglow was attacked by a "hole" ? the "rift" ?
I was under the impression that Kronos caused alla that ...

Y'all acted ... like a typical mob ... someone .. somewhere ... say's such and so ...
zip zap zoooom ... off y'all go ...

Been pretty succesful ..."protecting"
seen nary but a guard whacked revenant ... here on MY side of the rift.

"loot sucks" ...annnnnd ... what do you do? "I'm gonna save this ... just in case" ...

hehehehehehe

Here!
I gots this piece of red lint here ... go lock it down safely ...
"Why"?
well ...
you never know .... might be worth a fortune

heeeeeeres your sign ...

C

Connor_Graham

You do realize that you're in the minority here right?

The MAJORITY of players, and that does include those that don't read Stratics, have spoken and shown how they feel about the rewards after they were announced by abandoning the event. The players disappeared faster than a ninja using a smoke bomb.

I think phantus needs to give you another rose colored hug.....

G

We're just glad we have grounded people like you to tell us we are going down the wrong path seeking items in our item-based game. I love you man. <font color="#666666"> *hugs* </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!

G

I still heart you Fayled, but when Connor isn't cheering it really does say something. At least here. (No offense Connor).

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

I still heart you Fayled, but when Connor isn't cheering it really does say something. At least here. (No offense Connor).

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken. I said the same thing earlier.

G

<blockquote><hr>

heh!
"the goal" of protecting moonglow ?
"currently under attack by forces unknown" ?

funny ...
moonglow was attacked by a "hole" ? the "rift" ?
I was under the impression that Kronos caused alla that ...

Y'all acted ... like a typical mob ... someone .. somewhere ... say's such and so ...
zip zap zoooom ... off y'all go ...

Been pretty succesful ..."protecting"
seen nary but a guard whacked revenant ... here on MY side of the rift.

"loot sucks" ...annnnnd ... what do you do? "I'm gonna save this ... just in case" ...

hehehehehehe

Here!
I gots this piece of red lint here ... go lock it down safely ...
"Why"?
well ...
you never know .... might be worth a fortune

heeeeeeres your sign ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe....a good warrior doesn't question the call to arms. He obeys. Easy enough road, no?

As for the sign, well, I'll be happy to take that sign if you would be so gracious as to accept this medal for your righteous stance of not needing pixel crack in order to play the game.
* chorus begins to hums national anthem*
It's brave people like you that go to the event without insurance. Find shards with low population that havn't completed a task that you feel the need to set forth. People like you that have the ability to see past the obvious objective of the rift enemies and project a shield of mental and virtuous superiority in the face of a hoard of critics that pay the same fees as you to play the game. To you I present this most humblest of awards:

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It only "says" ... Connor's arms got tired ...

there was no plan ... he's just catching onto that ...
some tipped to it ... when the "dialogue" went slack ...
other's, when they realized, that that "little round world" ... on the other side of the rift ...
was ALL that there was ... for the moment ... on the other side of the rift ...

Some inflated their hopes and dreams ... wondering what wonders would come next ...
all has NOT been revealed ...

till then
true cheerleader's
wait upon the next development

Burma Shave

C

Connor_Graham

"Some inflated their hopes and dreams "

No, the Devs inflated our hopes with the previous event rewards. You know, the Doom arties, Valorite, Verite, Agapite and Gold runic hammers from the blackrock turn in, which this part of the event is what people were supposed to be holding onto their blackrock for instead of turning it in to the evil types. Then there were the arties from Magincia, which while not quite a Valorite hammer, were still very nice and very useful rewards.

Now we get.....T-shirts.....

Oh...and earrings.......which are useful unless your characters are elves.....

And a mouse statue.......oh boy.....I wonder if it'll look like Mickey.....

And a RGB sash....which was previously considered a rare.......guess not anymore.....

And the shiney snakeskin boots......with the 2% resist in the ONE resist that most put the least stock in......and willingly accept that as the ONE resist that isn't at 70 on their suits (in PvM anyway, I don't know about PvP).....

You might want to go quietly off into the corner and eat your cookie while you're still ahead. It sure looks tasty.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Gosh can we say 'patience'? Yes, I think we can... let's say it together."

Patience is what we've seen in the weeks while waiting for the turn in announcement. Dismay is what we see now. The immediate abandonment of Moonglow is proof of that. Reaction is what we need now, or we'll continue to see more of the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Connor I am shocked by your posts. Usually you are the one defending UO from others that dismayed. Yet now because the rewards are not up to your liking you are dismayed. Yet how many posts have you told people they play UO for the wrong reason if they are after stuff.

I am not trying to put you down but merely point out that others play for different reasons that you do. Many people have been dismayed for some time now, and you have always come out defending UO and putting these people down. Maybe from now on you will see it from a different point of view and instead of putting them down maybe just say nothing and let them vent their frustrations as you have in this thread.