• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are we there yet?

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A third of the year down and we've heard.... zip. Still plenty of time for them to pull it out, but it's not looking good here at the end of the first-period gang. Let's see what happens when they come back from the locker room. Back to you Bob!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That anniversary fair totally smells like a peak at the new NL content

Making Britannia feel alive and immersive is one of our biggest goals in UO:NLS. Focusing on this we expand some higher level systems to bring the world to life and make sure players have enough toys in the sandbox. Do you have a green thumb? Let your legacy be your winning watermelon in the Pan-Britannia Fair! Do you fancy yourself the fastest rider in the realm? Take home gold in the Trinsic Derby! Every Britannian knows life is about looking forward to those defining moments.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That anniversary fair totally smells like a peak at the new NL content
How do you figure? It's being held on Origin, and Messena was seen setting up the fairgrounds today. The horse race is just that, a horse race. With it being an in-game even and NL is supposedly running on a separate code base (at the very least it's a different code branch with dependencies), it's unlikely they'll port over any NL functionality to Origin for a peak.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree, with the weapons and armor not having lots of stats. After you have your junk items and your GM stats you will need stuff to do.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you figure? It's being held on Origin, and Messena was seen setting up the fairgrounds today. The horse race is just that, a horse race. With it being an in-game even and NL is supposedly running on a separate code base (at the very least it's a different code branch with dependencies), it's unlikely they'll port over any NL functionality to Origin for a peak.
It's a wild guess. It would also make sense from their point of view given how much they relied on player testing lately. As for the architecture of NL, I wouldn't make it bigger than it probably is. They didn't write a 100% new game. They build some new systems but still 95% of NL will be a just a simpler subset of prodo.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is the anniversary Fest located on Origin and not on Atlantic? I play mainly on Drachenfels and have shard shields for Drachs, EU and Atlantic. So i cant x-fer to Origin with my main chars to take part, lol.
They better should have chosen Atlantic for that happening, imho.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why is the anniversary Fest located on Origin and not on Atlantic? I play mainly on Drachenfels and have shard shields for Drachs, EU and Atlantic. So i cant x-fer to Origin with my main chars to take part, lol.
They better should have chosen Atlantic for that happening, imho.
I agree with you but it's probably because there are too many people on ATL and too many potential trolls (I play ATL so it's not a knock on the shard).

I think the event will required zero in game skill so people can likely create a character day of... but in a game with so many people all gaga over pixels (ie looking to win prizes) it's kind of ironic they would potentially exclude people from being able to use their main characters in full decked out gear to kind of show off their pixels.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Did some clean up. Issued thread bans to the troll rivalry that is spreading to every topic. Please stay on topic and don't make it personal.