• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ARCHERY - About enough?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You make it easier for others to hit you by both not having over the max DCI to compensate for getting hit by HLD, and also by not having 120 Parry. Both of those factored together make it a lot easier for an enemy to hit you.
excuse me but it is difficult to have 45+ DCI on a suit and maintain other properties at maximum. stop acting like it's easy to make a suit. some people cheat and use duped hammers and kits so I guess they think it's easy but not everyone cheats.

C

Connor_Graham

excuse me but it is difficult to have 45+ DCI on a suit and maintain other properties at maximum. stop acting like it's easy to make a suit. some people cheat and use duped hammers and kits so I guess they think it's easy but not everyone cheats.
Fey Leggings- 20% DCI
Ring/Brace 30% DCI
Quiver 5% DCI

That's 55% right there. Add a Heart of the Lion for another 15% and you're at 70% DCI.

Yeah....real hard.....:talktothehand:

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fey Leggings- 20% DCI
Ring/Brace 30% DCI
Quiver 5% DCI

That's 55% right there. Add a Heart of the Lion for another 15% and you're at 70% DCI.

Yeah....real hard.....:talktothehand:
ornament of the mag doesnt have 30 DCI on it. neither does my ring. i have AOF, shield, glasses and quiver and even that is a sacrifice to mana regen.

fey leggings are you kidding me?

so i have made sacrifices to get 45 DCI and 15 HCI just so there's a slim chance i might hit someone with a disarm and while i wait for that to happen i can't even cast any spells.

don't tell me about making sacrifices for defense against archers. do you know what it is like to be getting chased dismounted and being mortaled and moving shot by 2, 3, or 4 archers?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP Archers have been nerfed so bad PvM Archer's felt it slide up their backside, without lubrication. Archers have been nerfed enough already, they certainly don't need any more. Max out your DCI and get Parry. Problem solved.
That's not true.

It's a ranged skill and it has all of the advantages that the other combat skills had going for them.

Hitting on the run? - moving shot

You can dismount at a range

You can hit at a range

You have all the specials (and an extra one) that the other melee skills have.

If anything Archery needs to be nerfed again and nerfed right.

Remove dismount from archery... dismounting someone because your right next to them takes skill. Dismounting someone by double clicking them anywhere on your screen is lame.

with SSI, Archery is better than any of the other Melee combat skills as it has all of the advantages they do, but none of the drawbacks.

If I was wrong, then why is everyone an archer?

hmmm

C

Connor_Graham

Well now, you can't have everything all in one suit now can you? Make a decision. Offensive, defensive, or a combination of both.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ornament of the mag doesnt have 30 DCI on it. neither does my ring. i have AOF, shield, glasses and quiver and even that is a sacrifice to mana regen.

fey leggings are you kidding me?
Haha

Someone needs to put the beer can down and go learn how to put together a suit.

Who was it that told you that you NEED to use an orny? If your getting owend relentlesly by archers, you might want to look at picking up a new jewel combo that provides better dci.

Thats just a thought.

C

Connor_Graham

That's not true.

It's a ranged skill and it has all of the advantages that the other combat skills had going for them.

Hitting on the run? - moving shot

You can dismount at a range

You can hit at a range

You have all the specials (and an extra one) that the other melee skills have.

Remove dismount from archery... dismounting someone because your right next to them takes skill. Dismounting someone by double clicking them anywhere on your screen is lame.

with SSI, Archery is better than any of the other Melee combat skills as it has all of the advantages they do, but none of the drawbacks.

If I was wrong, then why is everyone an archer?

hmmm
You're missing the simple fact that he/she has admitted to having less than max defense, but is still complaining about getting hit. You don't have to be a PvP'r to know that 120 Parry > 100 Parry, and that 45 DCI is reduced when hit by HLD, with the combination of the 2 making it much easier to be hit.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're missing the simple fact that he/she has admitted to having less than max defense, but is still complaining about getting hit. You don't have to be a PvP'r to know that 120 Parry > 100 Parry, and that 45 DCI is reduced when hit by HLD, with the combination of the 2 making it much easier to be hit.
You missed the simple fact that you're not a PvPer and shouldn't be talking about PvP balance needs.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dunno what the OP was complaining about but i think 45 DCI and 120 wrestle is a decent balance. the problem is HLD is a little out of hand. for example I think HLD should be a special on some weapons, not a mod that is at 50 percent on every overpowered weap in the game.

and Hit Spell should not distrupt casting. to avoid confusion they should change hit spell to something unique to weaps. for example call it "bolt" or "fire" or "dart" and change the graphic so it doesn't look like the lightning spell, fireball, or magic arrow.

C

Connor_Graham

You don't have to be a PvP'r to realize that having less defense means you're going to get hit more often.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha

Someone needs to put the beer can down and go learn how to put together a suit.

Who was it that told you that you NEED to use an orny? If your getting owend relentlesly by archers, you might want to look at picking up a new jewel combo that provides better dci.

Thats just a thought.
then how will i be able to kill anyone? i know how to make a damn suit thank you. mages need max LMC/max SDI and 100 LRC. don't give me crap about changing my playstyle. i can kill archers just fine 1v1 if they stay and fight. problem is they are always running away to where their friends are hidden ready to dismount.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery doesn't need nerfed. But the ability to use specials at the low mana cost people can does.

All specials should cost their base mana cost regardless of how many points in whatever skills you have.
LMC should be capped much lower.

Evidentally you didnt get the memo stating that its possible to HIT for 80 damage vs. 60 phys with one bolt? (average was 59-76 depending on several factors including the double hit spell going off and mana pool levels..high # was 80) Add in a dash of moving shot with a double hit spell wep and you have a two hit kill...in less than 3 seconds. If you think things are *working as intended* then you must be archers.

Add in vamp form and certain *spell chan* weps and you have the real culprit for archery exploitation. My guess however is another archer will come in here and say *nuh-uh* rather than give specific reason to why these things I mention are *as intended*.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

hmmm
Ya and one button disarm is total skill haha seriously there are the biggest complainers on these boards....don't pvp if all u gonna do is cry, there is always carebear land and it seems you need to move to it and stay there.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone's an archer now.
Do I need to say more? Mortal Wound, Moving Shot, Concussion, crazy normal damage, no need for complementary skills other than damage modifiers.....

:sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

In fact nevermind, I'm making one myself. "Adapt".
1) everyone is not an archer, there are also a ton of necros & melee'ers running around. try to hit a sammy with parry on an archer. good luck, and if you do hit them once they just chain disarm your bow.

2) no need for complimentary skills? what about chiv or med or ninja or bushido or resist or necro?

3) you obviously are playing characters that are one dimensional and unable to handle archers. that is your problem. that is not a game mechanic/class problem.

C

Connor_Graham

Don't listen to conner.
Who's conner?

I make it a point not to listen to people that can't even spell a simple name after almost 4 years, and that tend to have sketchy memories when it comes to past postings, yet can never seem to be able to provide a link or even a quote from one of those threads.

S

Shanna

We're dancing around the real problem now. It's obiviously weapons need a nerf. There's no reason why a composite bow, a weapon with a 4s speed, has 40 ssi, 45hld, 40 hit fireball, balanced, hci 20, and hla 35. Not to mention that there's probably a damage mod and a fasting cast of 1. That's what is ridiculous.

Ya and one button disarm is total skill haha seriously there are the biggest complainers on these boards....don't pvp if all u gonna do is cry, there is always carebear land and it seems you need to move to it and stay there.
Disarm is a beautiful thing against an archer. So often have archers stop fighting to talk crap on someone disarming them.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disarm is a beautiful thing against an archer. So often have archers stop fighting to talk crap on someone disarming them.
that's when i just throw some stars and get you nice and DP'd...until i can re-equip and dismount your sorry a$$ and chase you down with my "overpowerd" weapons and moving shot :danceb:

S

Simon Francis

Who's conner?

I make it a point not to listen to people that can't even spell a simple name after almost 4 years, and that tend to have sketchy memories when it comes to past postings, yet can never seem to be able to provide a link or even a quote from one of those threads.
You know what I have said is true. Your thought process is right up there with Antillon Villon, Microelf, and Reverant II; none of them who ever pvp. You have virtually 0 credibility when it comes to PvP discussions.
If there was a thread about the toughness level of a paragon meer captain, I would pay heed to what you had to say about the subject.

But please please please, don't pretend like you pvp just because your PvM archer could get the pwnstick. Argue that you don't pvp, and you just don't want your pvm archer to get the pwnstick because that is your playstyle.

C

Connor_Graham

Argue that you don't pvp, and you just don't want your pvm archer to get the pwnstick because that is your playstyle.
That is what I said if you'd bother to read instead of instantly trolling like you have some say in what I can and can't post or any knowledge of what I do in game.

PvP Archers have been nerfed so bad PvM Archer's felt it slide up their backside, without lubrication.
And as I've already stated once, it doesn't take a PvP'r to know that if you cut back on your defense, you're going to get hit more.

At least I stuck with my screen name Paris.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery doesn't need nerfed. But the ability to use specials at the low mana cost people can does.

All specials should cost their base mana cost regardless of how many points in whatever skills you have.
LMC should be capped much lower.

Evidentally you didnt get the memo stating that its possible to HIT for 80 damage vs. 60 phys with one bolt? (average was 59-76 depending on several factors including the double hit spell going off and mana pool levels..high # was 80) Add in a dash of moving shot with a double hit spell wep and you have a two hit kill...in less than 3 seconds. If you think things are *working as intended* then you must be archers.

Add in vamp form and certain *spell chan* weps and you have the real culprit for archery exploitation. My guess however is another archer will come in here and say *nuh-uh* rather than give specific reason to why these things I mention are *as intended*.
Evidently some other people also missed memos.

The memo stating that it is possible to do 50-70 point flamestrikes if certain necro curses are first cast.

The memo stating that it is possible to be frozen in place for 3 hours even at 120 resist if a certain curse is first cast before e-fields.

The memo stating that a 12 billion gold max resist suit can be reduced to basically all 60's with one curse spell? And stats lost to boot. Even at 120 resist.

And btw, I play my archer 24/7 and he has killer gear and I dont come close to doing the numbers you post. So please try to stick with gameplay and facts. Not website numbers.

If you are REGULARLY dying to one archer in 3 seconds you should seriously think about dusting off your Playstation & giving Uo a break. Pvp may not be for you :(
Because what we are talking about here is 1 vs 1 and two of my memos are 1 vs 1 conditions.

Peace :)

S

Simon Francis

Paris I believe was "a slave girl". I have had many names over the years, but that was never one of them.

BTW, you need experience at PvP, not just hearsay about stacking your defense chance increase. PvP and PvM are like apples and oranges.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its funny....up until recently ive been gone from this game for 8 years or so....

but not 1 week goes bye on this forum where someone isnt complaining....and its always something different

the first week i started back it was chiv

the next week it was sampires....

the next week it was mages

the next week it was necros via evil omen

the next week it was tamers

now we've come to archers....

look people....not everything can be OPd.....accept that in most cases its you or your play style thats inadequate

not directed at anyone in particular....just something i feel that needed to be said in my short time back
It's for sure a cycle, someone dies more then once to a specific template, they get upset, some to stratics and post. What about when an archer fights a tamer? Or a tamer a necro with evil omen... every template has it's weakness, and every template has it's strong points, if there were one template that owned them all hands down then well everyone would be that one template and uo would become "Mages Online" again... for example. (noticed how mages have not come up in a while.... ) uh oh ... now they will ... heh.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone's an archer now.
Do I need to say more? Mortal Wound, Moving Shot, Concussion, crazy normal damage, no need for complementary skills other than damage modifiers.....

:sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

In fact nevermind, I'm making one myself. "Adapt".
Japanese PvPers discussed about this problem in Japanese PvP focus group and warned about this problem through EA Japan that the planned change of PvP would invite serious results, when PvP Focus group was built in the summer of the last year. But the PvP investigating group of EA UO team at that time heard nothing from us.

They agreed with nerfing other skills but insisted that Archery should be nerfed as well at the same time, and predicted that otherwise PvP battle fields would be filled with instantly built Archers.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point is simple.

You have 4 combat skills and only 1 of them attacks at a range. There should be a trade off for picking that one skill over the 4. It is not right that the one skill that is unique has all of the stuff the other 3 have and none of the draw backs.

There needs to be something done to balance this.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point is simple.

You have 4 combat skills and only 1 of them attacks at a range. There should be a trade off for picking that one skill over the 4. It is not right that the one skill that is unique has all of the stuff the other 3 have and none of the draw backs.

Ya cause archery has disarm, crushing blow, bleed, ect...ect....pretty sure each skill has there own specials. What else u gonna cry about?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evidently some other people also missed memos.

The memo stating that it is possible to do 50-70 point flamestrikes if certain necro curses are first cast.

The memo stating that it is possible to be frozen in place for 3 hours even at 120 resist if a certain curse is first cast before e-fields.

The memo stating that a 12 billion gold max resist suit can be reduced to basically all 60's with one curse spell? And stats lost to boot. Even at 120 resist.

And btw, I play my archer 24/7 and he has killer gear and I dont come close to doing the numbers you post. So please try to stick with gameplay and facts. Not website numbers.

If you are REGULARLY dying to one archer in 3 seconds you should seriously think about dusting off your Playstation & giving Uo a break. Pvp may not be for you :(
Because what we are talking about here is 1 vs 1 and two of my memos are 1 vs 1 conditions.

Pardon me, but this thread seems to contain posts on the obvious issue of archery. I didnt recieve the memo stating this has become a necro conversation.

The test we did was simple, involved certain conditions to be met, and was not a one sided test. If you wish to obtain similar results, perhaps some adjustments to your templates or gear needs to take place. I can say with certainty that the results we obtained were indeed certain, and as I said were completely reliant on certain conditions to be met. If by some strange reason you play an archer and are unable to figure them out, blame intelligence rather than the testing. Why? Because I can prove my numbers.

FYI...flamestrikes from necros doing 50-70? Heh, thats not a bug silly...thats called poopy fire resist. If you dont have a corpse proof suit thats your own problem...not an issue with game mechanics working against you.

EO paralyze? You have been playing UO how long? The idea of a trapped box really escapes you huh? If not a trapped box perhaps a poison pot chug? If you see an EO chances are you can avoid whats next if you are smarter than the *average* bear.

Now lets keep this on track shall we? The archer weps are indeed overpowered and are in need of damage adjustment. Reason? Its simple...stacked damage from the Quiver of Rage, Wep Special, Weap Hit, Hit Velocity, combined with Hit Spell...equals too much damage over too little time. (33 wep dmg, 25 conc, 8 velocity, 10 Hit spell = 76 dmg...if you dont think this is possible lets place money on it to make it interesting...the saying put money where your mouth is seems to fit well sir)

About getting killed by 2 shots from an archer I said its very possible yet unlikely/ I have been 3 hit killed several times, and with 148 HP chugging pots this shouldnt be a possiblity. Perhaps you will say my DCI is too low? 65 DCI plus 120 wep plus 60+ phys is not enough? Skill? Heh...lets not go there, because in game the only thing I ever see of you is the back end of that stupid bear.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya cause archery has disarm, crushing blow, bleed, ect...ect....pretty sure each skill has there own specials. What else u gonna cry about?

Combine the issues of archery with a fencer that chugs and this issue gets even more rediculous. Now you have a disarming, bleeding, conco blow running shot archer able to hit you 90% of the time. Keep on keeping on though with the narrow mindset, it fits.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad3::sad3: learn to play against any adversary instead of crying nerf...what's that you can't? like i've stated before if you can't deal with it go away, im sure there's plenty of ettins that wanna wrestle with you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well guys here's what happens every time I go to PvP.

I see 8 archers and 2 mages.
Dismount archers, disarm archers. No other flavours.
80% of those archers use either MoveShot/Mortal Wound.
The rest use Concussion/Mortal.
Ok...... Now I know your full of bull.... I have NEVER EVER been able to disarm a soul as an archer.... Would someone please show me how this is done????? I've been an archer since I started playing and never quit..... But I can defiantly say for certain I haven't EVER disarmed anyone.... Not once...

Now I've been disarmed a zillion times by dexers and mages alike... but I've never disarmed anyone else.... Leastwise not on my archer!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad3::sad3: learn to play against any adversary instead of crying nerf...what's that you can't? like i've stated before if you can't deal with it go away, im sure there's plenty of ettins that wanna wrestle with you.
its not about nerf you silly thing, its about adjustment to accomodate with changes made to the game mechanics. Four publishes ago EA devs. made it impossible to craft double hit spell weapons. They did this because the amount of stackable damage was above the previously mentioned *damage cap*. However when this was done they werent paying attention to the stacking damage related to the quiver of rage...they werent paying attention to thier fix of the at the time bugged velocity damage...and they most def. werent paying attention to the amount of stackable damge existing already over the cap.

Learn to play against my adversary? Thats funny...I have 4 mages including a wrestle mage, wep mage, necro mage, and parry mage. I used to play nothing but archers and dexers until finding out that mages were more challenging and required some actual SKILL to play. The common element I have noticed in hours upon hours of pvping is that archery weps combined with their specs are by far overpowered. (btw...imagine the archer being in vamp form taking back 20% health back from just the shot alone...El Oh El.)

Heh call it what you will, some say its crying...but actually I am laughing at how rediculous the problem has become. All I hear is NOOooOoOoo...dont make things tougher on my 3 button template in response. Its really downright sad. Funny but sad.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...... Now I know your full of bull.... I have NEVER EVER been able to disarm a soul as an archer.... Would someone please show me how this is done????? I've been an archer since I started playing and never quit..... But I can defiantly say for certain I haven't EVER disarmed anyone.... Not once...

Now I've been disarmed a zillion times by dexers and mages alike... but I've never disarmed anyone else.... Leastwise not on my archer!

Get with the times please...just add fencing to the template and whala...DISARM!

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pardon me, but this thread seems to contain posts on the obvious issue of archery. I didnt recieve the memo stating this has become a necro conversation.

The test we did was simple, involved certain conditions to be met, and was not a one sided test. If you wish to obtain similar results, perhaps some adjustments to your templates or gear needs to take place. I can say with certainty that the results we obtained were indeed certain, and as I said were completely reliant on certain conditions to be met. If by some strange reason you play an archer and are unable to figure them out, blame intelligence rather than the testing. Why? Because I can prove my numbers.

FYI...flamestrikes from necros doing 50-70? Heh, thats not a bug silly...thats called poopy fire resist. If you dont have a corpse proof suit thats your own problem...not an issue with game mechanics working against you.

EO paralyze? You have been playing UO how long? The idea of a trapped box really escapes you huh? If not a trapped box perhaps a poison pot chug? If you see an EO chances are you can avoid whats next if you are smarter than the *average* bear.

Now lets keep this on track shall we? The archer weps are indeed overpowered and are in need of damage adjustment. Reason? Its simple...stacked damage from the Quiver of Rage, Wep Special, Weap Hit, Hit Velocity, combined with Hit Spell...equals too much damage over too little time. (33 wep dmg, 25 conc, 8 velocity, 10 Hit spell = 76 dmg...if you dont think this is possible lets place money on it to make it interesting...the saying put money where your mouth is seems to fit well sir)

About getting killed by 2 shots from an archer I said its very possible yet unlikely/ I have been 3 hit killed several times, and with 148 HP chugging pots this shouldnt be a possiblity. Perhaps you will say my DCI is too low? 65 DCI plus 120 wep plus 60+ phys is not enough? Skill? Heh...lets not go there, because in game the only thing I ever see of you is the back end of that stupid bear.
"Add in a dash of moving shot with a double hit spell wep and you have a two hit kill...in less than 3 seconds. If you think things are *working as intended* then you must be archers."

Uhh, you never said possible or unlikely. You said the above quote about a 2 hit kill in less then 3 seconds. You explicitly ranted about 2 hit/3 second archery kills lol.

And again i wish to point out how ridiculous your example is concerning 76 point bolts.
8 velocity and 10 hit spell on eevery bolt eh? Or are you one of those killer 'board warriors' that has never pvped so can only quote website damage stats? Look around Felucca son. Please count up all the pvp archers that you will actually see using those bows. More then half all archers for the past year are balanced and they most certainly dont have a 35 or 40 ssi balance bow with anything near those mods. And anyone not using that ssi is no factor.

Bottom line is that you obviously have 0 pvp experience and more obviously are just plain anti-archer with a serious bias.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point is simple.

etc. etc. ?

I know exactly what specials differ between the two types, how does that factor into what I'm saying?

Archery is the only combat skill where you can chug a potion, throw stars/darts, etc. etc. with a 2 handed weapon.

Archery is the only combat skill where you can hit an opponent at a range.

The only special I'm complaining about is dismount. Now please, cry some more in this thread about the thought of not being able to PvP effectively anymore.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Goldberg

You assume and imply waaaaaay too much. I said it was a possiblity to 2 hit kill (like most others I assume the reader is fully aware of the RNG). Along with this I also made specific reference to a damage range.

Bah, Im guessing you didnt get the memo. (or didnt take the time to read it?)
In either case ignorance is not a quality one finds appealing, and most definitely in most cases does not deserve an honest and non offensive reply such as this.

*El Oh El 'erskates off to play PS3...*

In reply to skill...wow, arent you the angry one. I really want to know how much skill you think it takes to play an archer. Honestly I want your thoughts. I assumed two years of playing archers gave me some insight as to the skill required to play one...but hey...guess that 0 pvp skill must have clouded the truth. *rolls eyes*

Again...I should not be required to hold your hand and guide you down the path of template advice to a char you have admitted playing 24/7. If you dont know HOW its possible to hit for up to 80 damage I certainly am not going to SHOW you how to do it. That would make me a fool for showing you and you a ****** for not knowing your own template.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTlFC (grr...edit: reply to Goldberg - Chessy)
You assume and imply waaaaaay too much. I said it was a possiblity to 2 hit kill (like most others I assume the reader is fully aware of the RNG). Along with this I also made specific reference to a damage range.

Bah, Im guessing you didnt get the memo. (or didnt take the time to read it?)
In either case ignorance is not a quality one finds appealing, and most definitely in most cases does not deserve an honest and non offensive reply such as this.

*El Oh El 'erskates off to play PS3...*
Maybe I do assume way too much but it certainly seemed to me that you were extremely anti-archer and were definitely quoting unrealistic numbers.

Either way I know from a huge amount of pvp/archer experience that nobody is getting killed in 2 hits in 3 seconds time except for the occasional poor slob that happens to run around naked.

There is nothing ignorant in my posts. There is also nothing biased. Maybe that is what irks you :)

Anybody that uses unrealistic numbers off a chart to try and talk pvp is just plain uneducated.

And btw, please give me a shout out from whatever shard you are playing because I would be more then happy to buy up all those bows that you are telling us about that are doing an extra 8 velocity and 10 spell damage. Or are you not aware of the fact that a bow below 35 ssi is a useless piece of wood?
You talk so much about archers I must assume that you know this so therefore i must again ASSUME that these bows you speak of are 35 and 40 ssi with damage and 2 spells lmao. And since any decent pvper also knows that a huge majority of pvp archers are now balanced can we also ASSUME that these bows you speak of are also balanced? At least half of them of course?

Peace

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I do assume way too much but it certainly seemed to me that you were extremely anti-archer and were definitely quoting unrealistic numbers.

Either way I know from a huge amount of pvp/archer experience that nobody is getting killed in 2 hits in 3 seconds time except for the occasional poor slob that happens to run around naked.

There is nothing ignorant in my posts. There is also nothing biased. Maybe that is what irks you :)

Anybody that uses unrealistic numbers off a chart to try and talk pvp is just plain uneducated.

And btw, please give me a shout out from whatever shard you are playing because I would be more then happy to buy up all those bows that you are telling us about that are doing an extra 8 velocity and 10 spell damage. Or are you not aware of the fact that a bow below 35 ssi is a useless piece of wood?
You talk so much about archers I must assume that you know this so therefore i must again ASSUME that these bows you speak of are 35 and 40 ssi with damage and 2 spells lmao. And since any decent pvper also knows that a huge majority of pvp archers are now balanced can we also ASSUME that these bows you speak of are also balanced? At least half of them of course?

Peace

you know for a fact hmm? I simply stated testing results of which in addition I stated what my physical resist was...in addition to this I stated the range of damage. This test was repeated time and time again until myself and the archer tester were satisfied that our results filled the RNG gap. There was no smoke and there are no mirrors.

The bow we used was unbalanced (dbl spell, 35 ssi, 40 HLD), and the archers suit was 50% dmg inc...25% ssi with 25 total EP, 40 HCI. If you seriously doubt the potential of a two shot kill in less than three seconds you need to broaden your horizons and consider that RNG one more time. I was easily able to see this possiblity considering a running shot for 30+ and a conc hitting for 80.

Please...try again *kiddo*.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery used to have some serious down sides, which were offset by being the only weapon class able to damage at range.

Now extinct downsides to archery:
1. Had to stop to shoot
2. Slow weapons
3. All weapons 2 handed = Had to disarm to chug

Some people will argue that not being able to use parry is a downside, but considering an archer's goal should always be to stay at range, the only other char that parry would be effective against would be another archer.

As for the archery only bonuses now in the game, I can only image the amount of nerf posts that would be posted everyday from people currently defending archery if the velocity and balanced properties were only added to melee weapons.

My recommendations to "balance" archery would be:
1. Add the velocity and balanced properties to every weapon or remove them from every weapon.
2. Increase the mana cost for moving shot so it cannot be spammed endlessly.
3. Remove dismount special from archery weapons (Dismounting someone with a melee weapon takes skill, dismounting someone from 8 tiles away = no skill)

Overall though it is really pointless to argue about item/skill imbalances while the real problem of speedhackers and scripts are doing much more damage to the entire game.

M

Mythic

Really dude, archery has taken so many hits you seriously need to find something else to cry about. :talktothehand:
I was gonna post something to the effect of "didnt we just have a big debate on this last month" so just refer to my posts on sicks other topics related to archery being unfair. AND i agree with sick on most things, just not his constant ranting about nerfing archery.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish you all would get serious.......

Archers CAN NOT bleed nor Disarm!!!!!!! EVER!.....

And with a stealth archer template where are you gonna put Fencing????? take off my tactics????? Can't hit anyone as it is.....

So I can hit and dismount from a distance...... WELL I have to be ON FOOT to Dismount you!..... So there we are even!...... Secondly ..... Yes I can use a balanced bow and drink a pot big deal.... first off the pot isn't going to save my life too much, secondly I can only drink one every so often can't do it one after another.... you could just disarm me!..... I can poison you but it's lousy poison.... I can't use 90% of the specials for Bushido..... Nor can I use half the specials for Ninjitsu..... I'm limited to just 6 types of bow.....

Dexers on the other hand have all the specials, they can use all the ninjitsu and bushido specials..... They can use any weapon that is UBWS.... (Archers can't)....... And so what they have to be close...... well I tell you what a little ninja in dog form hitting you 20 times a second will kill you in no time.... especially since on foot you can't get away from him...... the moment you hit him with a dismount he is back in wolf form..... and disarming you every other hit.....

I also don't get to hold a shield therefore I don't get extra spots to have hit chance, defense chance or Reflect..... Plus don't get the extra 10 to 15 points of resist either.....

S

Simon Francis

He is talking about templetes... but if you were a common pvper, you would know that. Often pvpers accompany fencing with their templetes so they can disarm then moving shot their opponent down.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know for a fact hmm? I simply stated testing results of which in addition I stated what my physical resist was...in addition to this I stated the range of damage. This test was repeated time and time again until myself and the archer tester were satisfied that our results filled the RNG gap. There was no smoke and there are no mirrors.

The bow we used was unbalanced (dbl spell, 35 ssi, 40 HLD), and the archers suit was 50% dmg inc...25% ssi with 25 total EP, 40 HCI. If you seriously doubt the potential of a two shot kill in less than three seconds you need to broaden your horizons and consider that RNG one more time. I was easily able to see this possiblity considering a running shot for 30+ and a conc hitting for 80.

Please...try again *kiddo*.

I am quite confused about your little homemeade RNG test Cowboy as it pertains to the 2 hit kill that you whine about in this thread.

You first state this: "About getting killed by 2 shots from an archer I said its very possible yet unlikely/ I have been 3 hit killed several times, and with 148 HP chugging pots this shouldnt be a possiblity."

Then you state this: "I was easily able to see this possiblity considering a running shot for 30+ and a conc hitting for 80."

I am not a math genius but I think that 80+30=110. You able to follow me so far Cowboy?
In which case your character with your stated 148 HP would remain quite alive with 38 Hp correct?

So exactly what possibility were you able to see from your homemade RNG tests son?

Because the only possibility I can see from your posts is that you are extremely archer-biased and are unable to do simple math.

Would you maybe care to rephrase and fall back upon the 3 hit kill that you casually tossed into your 148 HP scenario?

But since every pvper knows that ALL warrior templates have many different ways to execute a 3 hit kill I think that you really havent enlightened anyone with your anti-archer nonsense and bad math.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you all would get serious.......

Archers CAN NOT bleed nor Disarm!!!!!!! EVER!.....

And with a stealth archer template where are you gonna put Fencing????? take off my tactics????? Can't hit anyone as it is.....

So I can hit and dismount from a distance...... WELL I have to be ON FOOT to Dismount you!..... So there we are even!...... Secondly ..... Yes I can use a balanced bow and drink a pot big deal.... first off the pot isn't going to save my life too much, secondly I can only drink one every so often can't do it one after another.... you could just disarm me!..... I can poison you but it's lousy poison.... I can't use 90% of the specials for Bushido..... Nor can I use half the specials for Ninjitsu..... I'm limited to just 6 types of bow.....

Dexers on the other hand have all the specials, they can use all the ninjitsu and bushido specials..... They can use any weapon that is UBWS.... (Archers can't)....... And so what they have to be close...... well I tell you what a little ninja in dog form hitting you 20 times a second will kill you in no time.... especially since on foot you can't get away from him...... the moment you hit him with a dismount he is back in wolf form..... and disarming you every other hit.....

I also don't get to hold a shield therefore I don't get extra spots to have hit chance, defense chance or Reflect..... Plus don't get the extra 10 to 15 points of resist either.....
/QFT :danceb:

H

Harb

Archery is overpowered, agreed. I have archers, and a host of other character types. Only the tamers are more overpowering. But that assumes that all characters face identical challenges, uses, and share common goals - not true at all - if it were so, all I'd have were archers and tamers. Now, do I want to see either class nerfed - nope. Further, archery has always been a tough nut for the dev folks to crack to everyone's satisfaction, it was true even predating public release of UO. Some years it's overpowered, but other times has been rendered almost useless. Since balance has been so difficult to attain, and only given a choice between over/ under, I'd vote to stick with over. Hate nerfs, hate nerfs, ....

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Admit it you suck....get a better suit, learn to play or go away."

Admit it, you have no arguments to offer. My PvP suit is something I've invested all my time and money in UO ever since AOS came out to build. It IS maxed out.

"You make it easier for others to hit you by both not having over the max DCI to compensate for getting hit by HLD, and also by not having 120 Parry."

Didn't I just say 45+ DCI? And 120 Parry, I worked that and today I am 120 and still getting hit too much. It's too random to be considered effective for 120 points.

"Excuse me but it is difficult to have 45+ DCI on a suit and maintain other properties at maximum."

Maybe for you.

"Stop acting like it's easy to make a suit."
No man, it WAS NOT EASY. It took me ages, and a fortune.

"Well now, you can't have everything all in one suit now can you? Make a decision. Offensive, defensive, or a combination of both."

To end the argument about my suit :
104 Mana, 145 HP, 100 Stamina (when using Purple Petals, with pots I have more than that Stam/HP). I am lowering Dex even more for Mana, since I can swing 1/Sec with less, last time I checked.
I do use Apples and Orange Petals to remove Curse and run with all kinds of pots.
Full 70s across except 63 Energy currently, which will change soon. I already have the parts.
LMC 40
Max SSI ( I hit 1/Sec)
Over cap DCI, definitely MAX HCI and probably over cap. Will check when I log again.
About 48-50 HLD
4 MR
4 HPR
70 EP (My Ecru cost me 19 Mil kthxbye and sorry, yeah, I buy gold. Sue me.)
Kryss is HCI/DCI DI SPELL MANA LEECH
Almost CorpseSkin proof (although I think my Fire goes a bit lower than 60 but as said, new parts already crafted.)
Can't remember anything off my head, I'll put details if you want. I even got some Reflect Physical Damage as a small plus, not that I planned that.

"If you're getting owend relentlesly by archers, you might want to look at picking up a new jewel combo that provides better DCI."

See above.
Here's another thought. READ WHAT MY SUIT HAS.

"You're missing the simple fact that he/she has admitted to having less than max defense, but is still complaining about getting hit. You don't have to be a PvP'r to know that 120 Parry > 100 Parry, and that 45 DCI is reduced when hit by HLD, with the combination of the 2 making it much easier to be hit."

I took care of that for you, scroll up. I WAS ALREADY OVERCAP DCI. TODAY I WAS ALSO USING 120 PARRY.

"1) Everyone is not an archer.
2) No need for complimentary skills? What about chiv or med or ninja or bushido or resist or necro?
3) You obviously are playing characters that are one dimensional and unable to handle archers. That is your problem. That is not a game mechanic/class problem."

WELL ON MY SERVER THEY ARE ALL ARCHERS.. COME TO EUROPA.
WHO TALKED SKILLS HERE, ALL THEY HAVE IS ARCHERY.
THEY DO NOTHING ELSE WHILE FIGHTING. MAYBE SOME DO CONFIDENCE.
"Ok...... Now I know your full of bull.... I have NEVER EVER been able to disarm a soul as an archer.... Would someone please show me how this is done?????"

Now I know you're an idiot.USE ANOTHER WEAPON SKILL, DISARM WITH THAT, PUT ON BOW, DESTROY PEOPLE. KTHXBYE.

"And with a stealth archer template where are you gonna put Fencing????? Take off my tactics????? Can't hit anyone as it is....."

Don't be a stealth archer. You're wasting skills. The same way I was, while I was stealth fencer. Nothing to argue about here. Oh and Stealth Archer > Stealth Dexxer for the sake of argument. Trust me.

And to top it off.....
NOW WE GOT YUMI ARCHERS SPAMMING THE BARRAGE HITTING FOR SPELL, VELOCITY, AND 25 PER SHOTx2 WHICH IS WHAT, ABOUT 65-70 VS 69 PHYSICAL!? I CANNOT EVEN DECIDE WHAT IS MORE UNBALANCED, ARCHERY OR ARCHERY OR ARCHERY? :next:

And Mythic, sure I will constantly pancake about Archery until they nerf it to being FAIR. What would you do? Create an archer? Nevermind, don't answer that.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch :(

No offense S!ckLoveR but when it comes to Uo & Pvp you just seem plain ridiculous.

You appear to have serious Archery issues yet your nonsensical posts contradict themselves so often that it is hard to tell what you are trying to get across.

You give Pvp a bad name regardless of what class you seem to favor.

Methinks you may be in violation of the age requirement as listed in TOS.

S

Shanna

"Admit it you suck....get a better suit, learn to play or go away."

Admit it, you have no arguments to offer. My PvP suit is something I've invested all my time and money in UO ever since AOS came out to build. It IS maxed out.

"You make it easier for others to hit you by both not having over the max DCI to compensate for getting hit by HLD, and also by not having 120 Parry."

Didn't I just say 45+ DCI? And 120 Parry, I worked that and today I am 120 and still getting hit too much. It's too random to be considered effective for 120 points.

"Excuse me but it is difficult to have 45+ DCI on a suit and maintain other properties at maximum."

Maybe for you.

"Stop acting like it's easy to make a suit."
No man, it WAS NOT EASY. It took me ages, and a fortune.

"Well now, you can't have everything all in one suit now can you? Make a decision. Offensive, defensive, or a combination of both."

To end the argument about my suit :
104 Mana, 145 HP, 100 Stamina (when using Purple Petals, with pots I have more than that Stam/HP). I am lowering Dex even more for Mana, since I can swing 1/Sec with less, last time I checked.
I do use Apples and Orange Petals to remove Curse and run with all kinds of pots.
Full 70s across except 63 Energy currently, which will change soon. I already have the parts.
LMC 40
Max SSI ( I hit 1/Sec)
Over cap DCI, definitely MAX HCI and probably over cap. Will check when I log again.
About 48-50 HLD
4 MR
4 HPR
70 EP (My Ecru cost me 19 Mil kthxbye and sorry, yeah, I buy gold. Sue me.)
Kryss is HCI/DCI DI SPELL MANA LEECH
Almost CorpseSkin proof (although I think my Fire goes a bit lower than 60 but as said, new parts already crafted.)
Can't remember anything off my head, I'll put details if you want. I even got some Reflect Physical Damage as a small plus, not that I planned that.

"If you're getting owend relentlesly by archers, you might want to look at picking up a new jewel combo that provides better DCI."

See above.
Here's another thought. READ WHAT MY SUIT HAS.

"You're missing the simple fact that he/she has admitted to having less than max defense, but is still complaining about getting hit. You don't have to be a PvP'r to know that 120 Parry > 100 Parry, and that 45 DCI is reduced when hit by HLD, with the combination of the 2 making it much easier to be hit."

I took care of that for you, scroll up. I WAS ALREADY OVERCAP DCI. TODAY I WAS ALSO USING 120 PARRY.

"1) Everyone is not an archer.
2) No need for complimentary skills? What about chiv or med or ninja or bushido or resist or necro?
3) You obviously are playing characters that are one dimensional and unable to handle archers. That is your problem. That is not a game mechanic/class problem."

WELL ON MY SERVER THEY ARE ALL ARCHERS.. COME TO EUROPA.
WHO TALKED SKILLS HERE, ALL THEY HAVE IS ARCHERY.
THEY DO NOTHING ELSE WHILE FIGHTING. MAYBE SOME DO CONFIDENCE.
"Ok...... Now I know your full of bull.... I have NEVER EVER been able to disarm a soul as an archer.... Would someone please show me how this is done?????"

Now I know you're an idiot.USE ANOTHER WEAPON SKILL, DISARM WITH THAT, PUT ON BOW, DESTROY PEOPLE. KTHXBYE.

"And with a stealth archer template where are you gonna put Fencing????? Take off my tactics????? Can't hit anyone as it is....."

Don't be a stealth archer. You're wasting skills. The same way I was, while I was stealth fencer. Nothing to argue about here. Oh and Stealth Archer > Stealth Dexxer for the sake of argument. Trust me.

And to top it off.....
NOW WE GOT YUMI ARCHERS SPAMMING THE BARRAGE HITTING FOR SPELL, VELOCITY, AND 25 PER SHOTx2 WHICH IS WHAT, ABOUT 65-70 VS 69 PHYSICAL!? I CANNOT EVEN DECIDE WHAT IS MORE UNBALANCED, ARCHERY OR ARCHERY OR ARCHERY? :next:

And Mythic, sure I will constantly pancake about Archery until they nerf it to being FAIR. What would you do? Create an archer? Nevermind, don't answer that.

On a side note, I love how you explain the details of your suit and raised skills such as parry then respond to everyone's comments as if they knew all along.

I

IRS

Well guys here's what happens every time I go to PvP.

I see 8 archers and 2 mages.
Dismount archers, disarm archers. No other flavours.
80% of those archers use either MoveShot/Mortal Wound.
The rest use Concussion/Mortal.

Bows all Balanced(what a load of horse-****). Like, they do Confidence from JOAT bonus, chug a pot and they're back to full heal.. while you're running AT THEM or FROM THEM, which makes no difference with MoveShot.
Most have Velocity or Spell.
SSI's up to 40%..
And their normal shots from bow are 28-30.

For instance I'm usually being hit by a total of 50-60 Hp or for 40 on the run(if you calculate the spell on the bow).

I have 147 HP, 45%+ DCI and GM Parry- admittedly not 120 but I don't see that helping with HLD.

And you wanna tell me it's fine? Okay it's fine. I won't argue with THAT cruel reasoning of UHallers. :coco: :next:
You need to understand if your posting this on UO Hall, 90% of the people responding will be playing that ****ty template, it takes no skill, therefore it can make the lamest trammy a god. Of course people here dont want it nerfed.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to understand if your posting this on UO Hall, 90% of the people responding will be playing that ****ty template, it takes no skill, therefore it can make the lamest trammy a god. Of course people here dont want it nerfed.
And what ever so hard template do you play? I actually have every kind of template and i just think its funny crybabies like you complain. If and when the archers get the nerf stick again, you'll cry about the next "overpowerd" template. :stir:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am quite confused about your little homemeade RNG test Cowboy as it pertains to the 2 hit kill that you whine about in this thread.

You first state this: "About getting killed by 2 shots from an archer I said its very possible yet unlikely/ I have been 3 hit killed several times, and with 148 HP chugging pots this shouldnt be a possiblity."

Then you state this: "I was easily able to see this possiblity considering a running shot for 30+ and a conc hitting for 80."

I am not a math genius but I think that 80+30=110. You able to follow me so far Cowboy?
In which case your character with your stated 148 HP would remain quite alive with 38 Hp correct?

So exactly what possibility were you able to see from your homemade RNG tests son?

Because the only possibility I can see from your posts is that you are extremely archer-biased and are unable to do simple math.

Would you maybe care to rephrase and fall back upon the 3 hit kill that you casually tossed into your 148 HP scenario?

But since every pvper knows that ALL warrior templates have many different ways to execute a 3 hit kill I think that you really havent enlightened anyone with your anti-archer nonsense and bad math.

Hey there genious, why is it you keep trying to bring in possible scenarios into the scheme of things? I mentioned at teh END of my statement that with the RNG on your side and the right conditinos met...its entirely possible to 2 hit kill someone with 60 physical...are you actually going to tell me you cannot understand this idea or grasp the concept?

The three hit kill is entirely possible...and actaully happens quite a bit since the changes made to velocity. The difference between this template and an other warrior btw is that an archer never has to stand next to you to finish you off in 3.

BTW...I have decided that you have no intention of even looking into this yourself...the only interest you have is sidetracking the main point of this discussion rather than addidng validity to it. First you brought up my numbers...which I explained and you still scoffed at. Then you brought up the idea of the two hit kill...which I again explained and you scoffed at. (btw...retried this test again with a char with 45 physical...they were redlined in one shot everytime the two hit spells went off...thats everytime....not once or twice.) Now you are saying I am full of anti-archer sentiment and fail at math? Good job sir...I guess now I should mention to you that I played an archer myself for the longest time until deciding the temp was too easy and too gimp, I should also mention I aced math through college...even while @ ISU as an engineering student. *scoffs @ Goldberg for his ******** one-sided sensibility*.

Welcome to my ignore list dipsh!t...you will fit in well with the misfits there.