• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anything happening for the 11th Birthday of UO!! on September 24th 08???

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is indeed getting closer! :)

I'm still hoping for more heritage tokens! Tokens tokens tokens tokens...

*tries to send psychic commands to the dev team* :D

I would love more tokens but I would also want something new with them. :)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something new and unique would have been great for the 11th aniv. But, considering they are super busy, I'm guessing they will just throw their arms in the air and just give out what we got last time. 10th aniv, recycled again, or something recycled again.
All the creativity juices are flowing towards the SA project.

J

Jafanarae

Actually i think u will find its the 24th!!

From UO stratics = September 24th, 1999 - Second Anniversary of the Public Release of Ultima Online.

I kinda just took 2 years off to get that release date September 24th, 1997
http://www.uoherald.com/tenth/

On September 25, 1997, thousands of adventurers entered the world of Britannia for the first time. Many of them fell to the hazards of the wilderness, the perils of the dungeons, or even to the wiles of their fellows. But many of them found a home here - a home they have treasured for a decade.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lordy !! 24th or 25th!!! Its Uo and its 11 years old!!!

Lets Party!!!

Btw whats the next closing longest playing online game- Anyone know that?

C

Capricious

I really hope they do something for the 11th anniversary.

Personally, I'd like another veteran reward choice (and 11 year rewards *coughs*).

K

Kratos Aurion

The whole gimme gimme veteran reward story is old IMO. I'd like a meaningful event that holds 1tth year anniversery rewards that don't pertain to just a small group of players, but everyone who plays. Something that pertains to whole playerbase and not just the select few who can just brag about their age status. And I don't say that out of spite since I'm only a 7 year vet. I say it because I'd like meaningful rewards for my time spent. Not just another item on the list to choose from.

M

molinaro

The birthday is actually 25th, I remember it well, it was my father's birthday.
Ok, here is what I remember reading in the forums about a year ago in a post by one of the devs:

24th servers were up and ready to accept logins
25th game 1st available on store shelves

That's what I remember seeing as the official response.

And now that I think about.. they said something along the lines that apparently some people got a copy early because there were logins on the 24th.

K

Katlene

Id like to see the fireworks display again like they did a while back at luna but somewhere better like britain.
Bring out some party platters and fruit punch and instead of more bloody firework wands some party blowers!! OH a kazoo!! haha
Make it something fun for everyone instead of just a gimme gimme event for 11yr accounts

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies 2 days or 3 to go!!!

UO's 11 th Birthday!!!