• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone know the rare plant colors?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the large ones are hydrangea...that's what they look like to me.

Rhododendron

Hydrangea

Both very similar

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sure don't look like orchids to me, foliage is not even close to orchid leaves, but these seem like they're whatever folks want them to be which is wonderful. But whatever they are, they're both grown in topiary forum, the little one just got it's growth stunted by bad light or something. lol

They are Orchids

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no doubt that the small flowers are Orchids. As for the larger one, unsure. I do not think it's a rhododendron as they are shrubbery (bush) and these look more like a type of short flowering tree.

Mini rose tree maybe?

mini rose tree.jpg

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They are Orchids
Sorry all to pieces, they are orchids. happy? geez (but did ya ever see orchids bloom in big topiary balls like the large ones we got instead of the way they are in this pic above? heh

Edit: OK I take it back here ya go ...... an orchid topiary, I swear you can find anything on this WWW, heh

Attachments

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
which 2 are we thinking are the rare ones?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id guess the black/pink one (1200) and glacial/red (1287) ?

1200 looks like Dark Lady colors to me, hence rare.
1287 looks pseudo-glacial, usually a rare.

Just my guess. I'm still doing the shard hop gathering mine so can't say for sure.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the first time I saw the topiary one I instantly thought hibiscus. the other is definitely an orchid.
I grow both... although when looking real close at the bushy one, it doesnt have the right number of petals for hibiscus - the flowers, too, look orchid shape.

There are _some_ orchids that are kinda leafy like that...
upload_2015-4-4_0-22-32.png upload_2015-4-4_0-25-27.png

but then, when you look at hibiscus...
upload_2015-4-4_0-26-37.png

The kinda do look like pansies... but aren't those kinda close to the ground without a long stalk/trunk?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Just my guess. I'm still doing the shard hop gathering mine so can't say for sure.

Agree!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I am rethinking which may be the rares--I have done dozens of characters on various shards and have gotten quite a few 1200s....and have not yet seen a 1287.....Could be good old randomness but do you think maybe te true rares are 1287 and the one we don't have listed yet?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the first time I saw the topiary one I instantly thought hibiscus. the other is definitely an orchid.
I grow both... although when looking real close at the bushy one, it doesnt have the right number of petals for hibiscus - the flowers, too, look orchid shape.

There are _some_ orchids that are kinda leafy like that...
View attachment 30560 View attachment 30561

but then, when you look at hibiscus...
View attachment 30562

The kinda do look like pansies... but aren't those kinda close to the ground without a long stalk/trunk?
Neat Kirthag, if you're an orchid grower I bow to you, they ain't easy to cultivate, at least in most climates. Where I live though is their chosen climate, we're 7 degrees north of the equator and hot and humid almost all year round. I have 40 or 50 orchid plants, including a couple of rare ones, growing right outside the front door and love em, paradise to a wannabe lifetime orchid grower. And lest you think my comments are off the cuff, the flower business was my vocation for 40+ years.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Unless Bonnie miscounted and there are only 15 normal colors and 2 rares.....seems odd that NOONE has gotten the mysterious 18th color lol.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And now I'm jealous of both Kirthag AND Parnoc....*Oh I just grow orchids like it's no problem lalalla* :/

SEND ME SOME! :)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm in Hawaii hun, orchids grow wild in the mountains. Half of what we have in the back of Dad's house came from hiking trips. :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now I'm jealous of both Kirthag AND Parnoc....*Oh I just grow orchids like it's no problem lalalla* :/

SEND ME SOME! :)
Hehe okies, lemme check into air freight charges first tho.
But yeah here it's pretty easy to grow them, just hang 'em up or tie 'em to a tree trunk and they thrive, unlike where I grew up and lived for a lotta years in the middle north of the US. I have been retired for years now so I don't know the current situation, but Thailand used to be one of the top for orchid exports to the US and Europe, mostly for the smaller dainty orchids and Cattleyas (the large Purple or White "Grandma or Prom" orchids) and Australia was the major for cymbidiums (the smaller longer lasting stem orchids). Those categories were probably 90% of the orchid business in the US at that time.
Sorry, didn't mean this to turn into an orchid discussion, you know old folks, we love to ramble.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

ya, i was thinking those 2 initially as well but then last night i logged on to get my 7 on my home shard and 3 of them where 1200.
now im thinking that maybe those are not the rare one.
i also recall seeing a fair amount of 1287 but my sample of plants is low as i havnt kicked in the collection machine yet (my daughters).

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So I am rethinking which may be the rares--I have done dozens of characters on various shards and have gotten quite a few 1200s....and have not yet seen a 1287.....Could be good old randomness but do you think maybe te true rares are 1287 and the one we don't have listed yet?
this is what im thinking.
OR
the one we havnt found yet the color is so close to one of the others that we arnt seeing a difference between them, cause i know i for one am not checking the hue of every plant i get.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is what im thinking.
OR
the one we havnt found yet the color is so close to one of the others that we arnt seeing a difference between them, cause i know i for one am not checking the hue of every plant i get.
This is what I'm thinking too.

The two most common plant style/color combination I've seen so far out of 220 gathered are small plant 1257 and small plant 2598. However, I might be mistaking 1257 for 1359 and 2598 for 2610.

Haven't had any yet of small plant 1287 or large plant 2610. Next lowest quantities after those two are small plant 1200 (1), large plant 1287 (1), large plant 1205 (2), small plant 2503 (2), small plant 2572 (2), and large plant 2598 (2).

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i've collected roughly 180 plants so far (and still have more shards to do). so far i've only gotten 17 different hues. i'm dying to know what that elusive 18th hue is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update 4/7/2015...
i am nearly done. i've collected 670 plants (!).
10 small 1200
3 large 1200
5 small 1287
7 large 1287
for me, i am averaging 1 rare hue for every 35 plants.

Last edited:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
collected 100 plants.

most common for me is 1922 large (40)
least common at 1 each of 1462 orchid, 2503 orchid, 1200 orchid, 2187 orchid, 2565 orchid, 2610 (the pinkier one) orchid

Other breakdowns:
1200 large = 5
1462 orchid = 4, large = 10
2503 1922 orchid = 5, large = 1 (sowwy,typo)
1920 orchid = 6, large = 5
2548 large = 3
2598 large = 6
2610 large = 4
2721 orchid = 2, large = 3

and i'm done collecting.... :)

I did hear of someone who had gotten a "pure white" orchid, but when I pressured to see it, the owner conveniently logged off. meh

personally, my favorite is 2503/orchid, looks very similar to one of the orchid plants in our yard. :)

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did hear of someone who had gotten a "pure white" orchid, but when I pressured to see it, the owner conveniently logged off. meh ...
i was collecting my plants on chessy this morning. there was another player claiming their plant and i saw an image of a white plant drop onto the player. at first i thought i was seeing things but now i'm wondering. or it could be that the plants are created all white and get colored when they drop into the player's pack.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After checking almost 30 chars on every shard, I can say that hue numbers 1200 and 1287 seem to be the rarest (for me at least). I got 3 total between the 2 hues.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Sure don't look like orchids to me, foliage is not even close to orchid leaves, but these seem like they're whatever folks want them to be which is wonderful. But whatever they are, they're both grown in topiary forum, the little one just got it's growth stunted by bad light or something. lol
The ones with the wooden leg look like orchids. The others look like azaleas. @MalagAste , rhododendrons have bigger leaves and clusters of flowers, while azaleas have the flowers less clustered.

rhododendrons:

azaleas:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*bump* ?????

just posting your question will *bump* the thread, you dont need to actually say *bump* at that point.
i hit a couple more shards here today and havnt seen anymore colors.
but i still question 1200 being a rare one, every 4th one i get is that color.

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bump* ?????

just posting your question will *bump* the thread, you dont need to actually say *bump* at that point.
i hit a couple more shards here today and havnt seen anymore colors.
but i still question 1200 being a rare one, every 4th one i get is that color.
I wish I had your luck Poo. Out of the 200+ plants obtained so far I have gotten 3 1200 large ones and none of the smalls. I did trade a large one for the smaller one. I have 3 of the small 1287 and 1 large one. The rest of them I have 6-8 each. And 0 of the missing hue.

Lots of shards left to go. I don't think I will be able to hit them all.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've only gotten 2 of the 1287, one large one small, and one large 1200 :(

Of course I don't have a bazillion accounts and characters to go through but I've traded most shards already and haven't seen many. Also only the 17 hues...so either Mesanna was wrong or the last one is REALLY REALLY REALLY rare lol.

Porthos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If 1200 is rare I need to go buy a lottery ticket. I'm only on my 5th shard and I have 6. I have not gotten a 1287 yet but I have minimum of 1 of the rest. I think the 1287 and a mystery color are the rare ones.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So far I've only had the chance to check out 4 shards... and haven't gotten a single 1287.... but I have a long way to go yet.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+120 plants, 1200 and 1287 are the least ones I've gotten.
5 small 1200 but zero large. 3 small and 3 large 1287.

Unless there is some mystery super rare plant no one has yet to see :eyes: ,
I'm still guessing 1200 and 1287 for the rares. Someone prove me wrong ;),
Id love to see this super rare color so I can get jealous :drool: cause I sure didn't get one :sad4:.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iam also tipping the glacial 1287 and the abyssal 1200....as the rares

and only 17 colous not 18....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and the dev team...can we please get a colour ID tool that we can buy from a npc in game or whatever [origin store ] that colour IDs in the CC classic client!!!

please please please

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh and the dev team...can we please get a colour ID tool that we can buy from a npc in game or whatever [origin store ] that colour IDs in the CC classic client!!!

please please please

great idea---the only reason I ever use Enhanced client is to id the colors--quite a pain. maybe a vet reward??

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
great idea---the only reason I ever use Enhanced client is to id the colors--quite a pain. maybe a vet reward??
One should not need to claim a vet reward to get equal function in the CC as the EC. It should be something the client can do or a purchaseable (inexpensive) tool.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thing is, if it were a purchasable item, it would have to be a rechargeable thing. For a one-time sale it wouldn't be profitable for UO/EA/BS (Whoever gets the money lol)

For most of us, we only use the hue ID during the holidays when there are gifts with pretty colors, so I personally don't mind having the EC installed just for that.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heard a few people talking about the missing color on chessy , saying its a blaze colored one , not sure if true or not

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For most of us, we only use the hue ID during the holidays when there are gifts with pretty colors, so I personally don't mind having the EC installed just for that.
Exactly! For the few times a year when people want to know the certain colours of gift items just load up the EC and use it.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Out of 320 plants (and still collecting)...
  • 2 small 1200
  • 1 large 1200
  • 5 large 1287
  • 1 small 1287
I haven't seen an 18th hue.

Happy Easter everyone!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going with ...Easter Lilly.
I figure as is usually the case, the artist rendering just sucks!
oh and all you can Hue this!
Happy Easter :)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm maybe not that she can't count but did what I do when writing arrays..
I set my range wrong.. if you want 18 numbers.. have to set range 0-17.
you programmer know what I am talking about..
OMG, I am learning something in Java class..
:D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well whatever the case I just finished another shard and so far still no 1287's ... Tomorrow night I'll be working on it more but it's rather disheartening so far.