• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone know the rare plant colors?

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have all plants except the missing number. Took 9 accounts and 3 shards. Still chugging on the rest of the shards though. Trying to make an extra set without the missing hue as well.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure it cant be hard to code a colour ID tool for the classic client....either to buy from a npc for 10,000 gold or...form origin for 0.99 or 1.99 for a 1000 charges... i would still pay that for 100 charges...rather than keep logging to the EC and back to the CC.. then trying work out why the bags a mess in the CC ...jesus...i need this easy tool!!!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was my guess.
Couple folks agreed.
Unless someone posts a pic :postpics: of some uber rare colors......
That's my story & I'm stickin' to it :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the patch notes said 18 but there are only 17?

:facepalm:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
#18 must be uber rare. i am hoping a dev will post the hue so we all know what we are missing.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya, i was thinking those 2 initially as well but then last night i logged on to get my 7 on my home shard and 3 of them where 1200.
now im thinking that maybe those are not the rare one.
i also recall seeing a fair amount of 1287 but my sample of plants is low as i havnt kicked in the collection machine yet (my daughters).
You lucky dog, I got exactly 2 of the #1200's out of nearly 300 and both of those on shards I don't even have shard shields to. *turns green with envy*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You lucky dog, I got exactly 2 of the #1200's out of nearly 300 and both of those on shards I don't even have shard shields to. *turns green with envy*
7 1287
8 1200
out of 581 samples across all 27 shards

so i guess my numbers where a lot lower then i thought when compared to the total.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I Still have yet to get a 1287 of the larger plant I've gotten 3 of the smaller plants...

As for the mystery 18th color nothing.... I still have 10 or 11 shards yet to cover.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still have to collect the plants on 15 1/2 shards. But so far I've collected 5 small and 12 large of hue 1200, and 0 small and 3 large of hue 1287.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still have to collect the plants on 15 1/2 shards. But so far I've collected 5 small and 12 large of hue 1200, and 0 small and 3 large of hue 1287.
I'll trade you a small for a large Tina. I've gotten 3 small and only 1 large. Still have 8 more shards to go.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a Small 1287 on Atlantic, will trade for a Large 1287. Msg me here or icq me 26-471-683 Echo

Last edited:

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small 1287 on Oceania.. For sale or trade for large 1287 or either 1200 on ATL.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If you guys are going to be selling/trading the plants, please take it to the Trades Boards. Is what is for. thanks!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This has both styles of plants in color 2610. (Thank you, Gem!) One color left to go but I have no idea what it is; the position of the placeholder squares is totally arbitrary. Has anyone seen a color combo yet that's not on here?

View attachment 30538
awesome chart tina! can you doublecheck the graphic for 2548 & 2572? i think 2548 is the pinkish-green and 2572 is the pinkish-blue.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No i call.bs... He has two plants no one else got but.missing a large 1200?

Maybe the best RNG ever or Alittle clever editing?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No i call.bs... He has two plants no one else got but.missing a large 1200?

Maybe the best RNG ever or Alittle clever editing?[/QUOTE

( I cannot get quotes boxes right)

I saw that too, he only seems to have the dreaded 17. Why would he lie? For what reason? I love those white plants and wish I had them too.
If he painted them himself he did a great job.

If they are true, then the dev team was not so nice to make them so very rare.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe.he is pulling an Alice in wonderland .. But decided.he would paint the roses white!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it is strange that the only 2 plants anyone has seen he has.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aloha. For those who were commenting that the orchids don't look like the big plant, there is a variety called Vanda orchid that looks just like that. They grow on a long skinny bare stem with a profusion of very large blossoms at the top, and possibly a few leaves. I grow them, so I'm familiar with them. You would probably not see them growing outside of a tropical environment. The small orchid looks like a Paphiopedilum slipper orchid, or a little like the one Larissa pictured, the Phaelonopsis orchid. There are a great many varities of orchids, which all look pretty different from the Cymbidium orchid or Cattleya orchid most folks are familar with.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They are photoshopped. Anyone that knows piotr know's he's really good with that program.

It's really easy to tell...but good job :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Piotr, they are so pretty. Next time you be in charge of colors. :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Gimp, Photoshop....I too use Gimp...I LOVE that program, why pay for photoshop? I'm nowhere near the skill level you're at, my sad attempt at the white flower was a bit off :/ lol

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
We were all wrong about the large plant's type. :D

I happened to notice that the text in the lower left - that text that scrolls when you buy something - it identifies that plant when you buy one. "Crown of Thorns" appropriately enough - Euphorbia milii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . The smaller plant is identified as "Orchid", so at least that one we're good. :D

Edit: found a useable pic:

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nice Catch brian! They sorta look like that....that's very cool!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We were all wrong about the large plant's type. :D

I happened to notice that the text in the lower left - that text that scrolls when you buy something - it identifies that plant when you buy one. "Crown of Thorns" appropriately enough - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_milii . The smaller plant is identified as "Orchid", so at least that one we're good. :D
Yes, Crown of Thorns (or Christ Plant) is a fitting flower for Easter...
upload_2015-5-2_18-26-48.png

Indeed an awesome find Brian! Thank you!